Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food (30796 Views)

Revolution Has Started' - Aisha Yesufu On Looting Of Truck Carrying Food Items I / London Judge Orders Confiscation Of $130M From Ex-governor Ibori / Niger Bans Rice Export To Nigeria Following Closure Of Nigeria’s Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by naijaboy756: 5:55am On Feb 10
Austerity measures powered by the Lagos developer

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by buharibanjo(m): 5:57am On Feb 10
Forget that guy jare
He's gpt'ing comments
iyke2frankeze:

So you expect someone to travel from the South to the North to buy 100 cups of beans, abi?
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by CodeTemplar: 5:58am On Feb 10
Chimarto:
They're benefiting from our oil free of charge and they don't want us to buy food with our own money?

Is the We.st that cos this unity else they won't have been holding the south to his balls . Let open our border for food importation quickly.

Make I hold this my one bag of rice very well, I will never complain because I'm learning the political lesson the EBI PAWAers are teaching us.
The west didn't cause anything. It is your blackened brain that's misleading you.
Why is the east abusing everyone today? Is it not to rule a united Nigeria again?
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by tiswell(m): 5:59am On Feb 10
CodeTemplar:
Keep shut. They had access to southern resources and have kept back the produce of their own land. You are the 100% loser here.
you can say that again without tears and pains.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by efemena5050(m): 6:05am On Feb 10
malali:
This is an Intelligent Decision by Niger state Governor.

[b]Controlling the open market to prevent bulk buyers from causing scarcity for small retail buyers involves implementing various measures and strategies:

Regulatory Policies: Implement regulations to prevent hoarding and price manipulation by bulk buyers. This may include setting limits on the quantity of goods an individual or entity can purchase within a specific timeframe.

Market Monitoring: Establish mechanisms for monitoring market activities to detect irregularities such as hoarding or price gouging. This could involve regulatory bodies, market surveillance teams, or technology-driven solutions like data analytics to track market trends and detect anomalies.

Price Controls: Consider implementing price controls or price ceilings on essential food items to prevent excessive price hikes that disproportionately affect small retail buyers. However, this approach should be carefully implemented to avoid unintended consequences such as black markets or reduced supply due to unprofitability.

Supply Chain Management: Improve supply chain management to ensure efficient distribution of goods from producers to retailers. This includes addressing logistical challenges, improving infrastructure, and promoting transparency and fairness in the supply chain.

Support for Small Retailers: Provide support and incentives for small retailers to enhance their purchasing power and competitiveness. This could include access to credit, training programs, and cooperative purchasing arrangements to leverage economies of scale.

Market Information: Facilitate access to timely and accurate market information for both bulk buyers and small retailers. This empowers market participants to make informed decisions and reduces the likelihood of sudden shortages or price spikes.

Promote Competition: Encourage competition in the market by reducing barriers to entry for new players and fostering a diverse supplier base. This can help mitigate the dominance of large bulk buyers and create a more level playing field for small retailers.

Public Awareness and Education: Raise public awareness about responsible consumption practices and the impact of hoarding on market stability. Educating consumers about their rights and responsibilities can help foster a culture of fair trade and discourage speculative behavior.

By implementing a combination of regulatory measures, market monitoring, supply chain improvements, support for small retailers, and promoting competition and consumer education, authorities can better control the open market and mitigate the adverse effects of bulk buyers on small retail buyers.[/b]
Nigerians and always trying hard to sound so intelligent.,..have u thought of the Negatives....ur just writing epistles.....hope u know the concept of DEFLATION IN ECONOMICS....... sustainable development can never be achieved domestically.....Niger state operate in deflationary tendencies thus banning market interaction within it's enclaves will worsen the deflationary terms ...leading to food surplus with shortage in purchasing power ......sellers will be the worst hit ......due to food surplus ......and fall in aggregate demand which will in turn make price to fall below price index in the state .....the sellers will curse tht government . Meanwhile for market monitoring et al......they are not feasibility and sustainable bcus checkmating the excesses of markets most time don't work since price remains in regulated due to invisible forces .....

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Cmeo(m): 6:06am On Feb 10
I see Governor Bago as the only working at the state level trying to end the suffering of its people unlike other govs saing they would meet with Tinubu. Can't they do something at the state and local government area too??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by adisacool: 6:06am On Feb 10
How is this an intelligent decision.

malali:
This is an Intelligent Decision by Niger state Governor.

[b]Controlling the open market to prevent bulk buyers from causing scarcity for small retail buyers involves implementing various measures and strategies:

Regulatory Policies: Implement regulations to prevent hoarding and price manipulation by bulk buyers. This may include setting limits on the quantity of goods an individual or entity can purchase within a specific timeframe.

Market Monitoring: Establish mechanisms for monitoring market activities to detect irregularities such as hoarding or price gouging. This could involve regulatory bodies, market surveillance teams, or technology-driven solutions like data analytics to track market trends and detect anomalies.

Price Controls: Consider implementing price controls or price ceilings on essential food items to prevent excessive price hikes that disproportionately affect small retail buyers. However, this approach should be carefully implemented to avoid unintended consequences such as black markets or reduced supply due to unprofitability.

Supply Chain Management: Improve supply chain management to ensure efficient distribution of goods from producers to retailers. This includes addressing logistical challenges, improving infrastructure, and promoting transparency and fairness in the supply chain.

Support for Small Retailers: Provide support and incentives for small retailers to enhance their purchasing power and competitiveness. This could include access to credit, training programs, and cooperative purchasing arrangements to leverage economies of scale.

Market Information: Facilitate access to timely and accurate market information for both bulk buyers and small retailers. This empowers market participants to make informed decisions and reduces the likelihood of sudden shortages or price spikes.

Promote Competition: Encourage competition in the market by reducing barriers to entry for new players and fostering a diverse supplier base. This can help mitigate the dominance of large bulk buyers and create a more level playing field for small retailers.

Public Awareness and Education: Raise public awareness about responsible consumption practices and the impact of hoarding on market stability. Educating consumers about their rights and responsibilities can help foster a culture of fair trade and discourage speculative behavior.

By implementing a combination of regulatory measures, market monitoring, supply chain improvements, support for small retailers, and promoting competition and consumer education, authorities can better control the open market and mitigate the adverse effects of bulk buyers on small retail buyers.[/b]
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Jozibrainz100: 6:06am On Feb 10
oskopy:
Very soon, there will be scarcity of cash in poor niger state.the decision will have a very big side effect

Oya provide a better way to go about it.

Or you only know how to disagree?

We will copy it and paste until one their officials see it..
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Ovieemmanuel: 6:06am On Feb 10
oskopy:
Very soon, there will be scarcity of cash in poor niger state.the decision will have a very big side effect
and thier produce would spoil especially perishable.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by 007kjb: 6:07am On Feb 10
NIGERIA keep voting people without knowledge of solving economic problems

A state capable of feeding the whole NIGERIA is now banning truck from carrying goods out of the state because of insecurity and lack of agricultural investment
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by higgs: 6:09am On Feb 10
You are banning the sale of food in bulk? Another crazy decision.
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by gbagyiza: 6:11am On Feb 10
oskopy:

This is a temporary measure put in place to bring down the raising food scarcity in the state. It's meant to reduce the level of hunger in the state. Yes there will be scarcity of cash but availability of food for citizens to eat will be prioritised. Moreover, payment of salaries for workers, pension for pensioner's n bills for contractors will go a long way to make cash available within this period. Also trade by barter will as well help to stabilise things within this period. Like I said this iniative can only stand on a temporary ground not longterm plan. The focus now should be on how to overcome shortage of food n prices hike by the government.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by oladipuposadeeq(m): 6:14am On Feb 10
magoo10:
Another senseless policy like emilokan.

After spending a lot in farming and now they want to recoup their investments you ask them not to sell.
If they don't sell what will you do with the farm produce,will they not eventually spoil.
Produce like onions ,tomatoes etc will the governor eat them raw.
with the way these polithiefians are choking masses eventually everywhere would scatter, this time not only police & lastma would bear the brunt. Polithiefians would chop one of the merciless beating of their life
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by MadamExcellency: 6:16am On Feb 10
Imagine Niger Delta whose lands have been polluted will now have nothing while the oil and gas go to Niger State unrestricted.

This is illegal and should lead to war. Imagine the Niger Republic blocking River Niger flowing to Nigeria because of a shortage of water in their country. Wouldn't Nigeria go to war for it?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Yashita: 6:17am On Feb 10
iyke2frankeze:

So you expect someone to travel from the South to the North to buy 100 cups of beans, abi?

The question is, “why do you feel the need to go to the north to buy food? Are your own lands not arable? What are we doing with the large barelands on those long travel roads? Why are we not turning them into farmlands?

Nigerians need to break free from this importation mentality

3 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Chikemn: 6:17am On Feb 10
Make I hold this my one bag of rice very well, I will never complain because I'm learning the political lesson the EBI PAWAers are teaching us. [/quote]
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 you're very funny. Which be EBI PAWAers again?😂😂😂
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by ivandragon: 6:18am On Feb 10
Again, dodging the main issue.
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by regenerateman(m): 6:21am On Feb 10
It is crystal clear that these politicians don't have anything to offer. In saner clime, govts buy farm produce from farmers at relatively high prices and store in silos. This is a way to encourage people to venture into agriculture. The food stuff is released into the markets, when prices are high. In my country, farmers are not even supported by the govt and this gov is discouraging bulk purchase of food stuff from the state. It is only when farmers sell these farm produce in bulk that they will make bulk money.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by FireUpNow(m): 6:21am On Feb 10
hugegirth:
Hello everyone. My name is huge-girth. I'm a penis enlargement coach from matters of size penis enlargement forum. I created this thread to advertise myself and to let you all know that penis enlargement is 100% possible.

Matters of size is a penis enlargement forum in the United States Of America. I happen to be a moderator there. If you have any doubts just Google www.mattersofsize.com

You will see things for yourself. I'm the only known Nigerian there. I've personally enlarged my penis in both length and girth. I went from 6 inches length to 8.5 inches length. And my girth is currently 6 inches which was 5 inches before.

I've been a moderator on matters of size since 2015 till this day. Matters of size belongs to Michael Salvini. He is an Italian American and he is over 55 years of age.

If you are troubled about your penis size, I strongly advice you use my coaching service. Signup on the matterofsize forum and see things for yourself.

Once you signup, search for me. My name there is huge-girth.

Penis enlargement is 100% possible and there are both video and pic proofs on the forum

Is this the problem of people in this hard time? Get serious abeg.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by msrcusgarvey6(m): 6:22am On Feb 10
Yes! Islamic Terrorists are winning. When I first saw Niger, my thought went to the breakaway sanctioned country but then mentioning the governors name, i remembered how this state security is under the hands of terrorists who levy farmers in exchange for right to peacefully go to their farms.
Countries are taking steps against dollarisation, this started mostly from sanctioned countries. This has in effect improved cross-border trade and stabilized their internal economies. Just from 2015 Russia become biggest producer and exporter of wheat but this started just like infernal measures to boost self sufficiency in food production to be table not to scramble from sanctions. This Niger state action is good so that waste lands from other States can be turned to farmlands. Most North central states can grow any crop but first of all,the insecurity has reduced their food productio cspacities. Now if Benue, Nasarawa, Taraba also implements theirs what will happen?
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Yashita: 6:22am On Feb 10
MadamExcellency:
Imagine Niger Delta whose lands have been polluted will now have nothing while the oil and gas go to Niger State unrestricted.

This is illegal and should lead to war. Imagine the Niger Republic blocking River Niger flowing to Nigeria because of a shortage of water in their country. Wouldn't Nigeria go to war for it?

Damn! Is the entire lands of Niger Delta polluted?
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by emerged01(m): 6:24am On Feb 10
oskopy:
Every decision comes with comes with effect. I believe they can manage the effects.

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by pquaver(m): 6:24am On Feb 10
iyke2frankeze:

What stops the south from farming? Does the north have 2 heads?

4 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by kkins25(m): 6:25am On Feb 10
Food that we are already losing half to decay? How's the state going to generate revenue?

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by kkins25(m): 6:25am On Feb 10
Food that we are already losing half to decay? How's the state going to generate revenue?
pquaver:

You didn't do soil topography in school?
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by condralbedez: 6:27am On Feb 10
Its getting tougher day by day, and the hardship seems to be severe at the northern part.
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Yashita: 6:27am On Feb 10
pquaver:

I just tire. We are too ingrained in importation in the South that’s why food is unnecessarily expensive here.

Some many unused lands, yet we don’t think to make our food surplus

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by REDshouse(m): 6:28am On Feb 10
Resource control have started.... The southern part of Nigeria should do same to any pdts going up north

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Bfly: 6:31am On Feb 10
Quick fix government
Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by nairalanda1(m): 6:31am On Feb 10
This is a populist move to prevent more protests in his state.

The guy wants to crash prices of food in his state....instead of addressing stuff like how to increase food production via large mechanized commercial farming, improving rural roads, etc etc.

The problem we have with food production in Nigeria, and why America produces more food than us , despite us having over 60% of Nigerians involved in farming compared to less than 6% for the USA...is simple. Subsistence farming can never meet food needs for a nation...it is either you do massive large scale farming, or nothing.

State governors have refused to adress this problem...instead they just keep on doing the same old thing...

Anyway, that's how we like it.

2 Likes

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by Hotice085: 6:32am On Feb 10

1 Like

Re: Niger Bans Bulk Sale Of Food Items, Orders Confiscation Of Trucks Carrying Food by BarrElChapo(m): 6:34am On Feb 10
When BAT finishes with Nigerians, we’d know Buhari was a saint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Joins Muslims For Iftar At Mosque In Nasarawa State. / Power Struggle Rocks APC / Boko Haram Terrorists Ambush Soldiers In Borno, Scores Feared Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.