Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees (28622 Views)

Commercial Bus Driver Sets Traffic Control Officer On Fire In Edo (video + photo / Police Investigate Attack On Traffic Officer Whose Head Was Broken With Bottle / Roland Asoro Wife Bites Edo Traffic Officer For Impounding Her Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Day169: 12:00pm On Feb 10
Two wrongs will never make things right. All we have are only loosers. cry
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Sirianese: 12:01pm On Feb 10
The driver did what he had to do

Nigerians are not slaves of public officers, all of us are citizens together!
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by faceland: 12:08pm On Feb 10
Once they are naked, if you can't knock them out, just give them their key to leave.

In Lagos it was hot shit.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by lotkyes200: 12:10pm On Feb 10
All of them there are foolish plus the one one that died. You mean he was doing all that and they watch haba
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by ColonelMichael: 12:14pm On Feb 10
i can never blame the driver or pity the official. Apart from the Army my first love, every other officials are worthless.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Father4all: 12:16pm On Feb 10
Nice one. The country is frustrating him. Now, one useless traffic man wants to add to it
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Unigrad: 12:22pm On Feb 10
Obierika:

This does not justify the action of the driver
I believed there are lies in that report.
These Obaseki security guys are terrible with drivers, they will hunt for you if you have not been settling them before, if they caught you, they will take your vehicle to their base, deflate the tyres, you pay #20-#30k, then use about #2k to pump the tyres from their tyre repairer. There are a lot of bus and car drivers working in an unauthorized places, these security boys ignores the because they do settle to load there, if you join them without them not knowing you, you are in trouble. Some of the buses that load passengers in an unauthorized places belong to these security boys. If they caught some and the driver play smart, he will quickly settle them with #5-#10k so they won't take him to their office, the boys that caught him will quickly share the money and clean mouth.
These security boys are millionaires especially those in busy locations like ring road, new Benin etc.
I am not supporting the actions of this driver if this report is true, if you see the way they manhandled drivers, you will pity them.
A driver that came out to look for daily food, you are saying him to pay #20k-#30k, where will he get the money from?
Fuel price is not funny
Vehicle parts prices are not funny
Foodstuffs prices are not funny.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by ozonosphere: 12:29pm On Feb 10
Most times people make unguarded comment saying it is good for the officer and all what not, without knowing the terrain. It is not frustration or anything of such. If you have stayed in Benin before you will agree with me that the Edo state traffic officers are one of the most lenient guys nationwide. The bus drivers in that town drive as if they own the road and are ready to pounce on anyone who dears them. I wish some of you will visit that town with your car and drive just for a month then you will think twice before making some rash comments. For the record, I am not a traffic officer but am saying this because I have lived in that town and encountered them also. No one has the right to take the life of the other.

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by folake4u(f): 12:32pm On Feb 10
Everybody is angry in Nigeria today but the actions of the driver should NEVER be justified.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Inspirer1: 12:33pm On Feb 10
TINTINABULATION:
Let all Law Enforcement Officers take caution. Nigerians are already frustrated. Its a chaotic order of survival over civility.

The Government has failed them. The citizens are angry and fustrated. They no longer have money to finance the affluence of those in power & authority.

Personally, i feel no pity for the officer, he should have curtailed his overbloated ego. Discretion is the better part of valour. I always tell my friend in military/paramilitary; no do gra-gra with any Nigerian citizen.

Wisdom, the bible says, is profitable to direct.
The bold was the theme of our Imam's preaching on Friday, he gave the same advise you gave, that everyone is frustrated, angry, tensed, emotionally drained, that we should be careful in having altercations with anyone o, people don't mind to injure perceived enemies with any object in their vicinity, ordinary push on someone can lead to death etc, that rather its better to show kindness and give to those who doesn't have if we have etc
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Makunahatata: 12:35pm On Feb 10
searchng4love:
Good. Those Edo thugs deserved more
you're a useless human being, I hope u go dey there to console the devil driver when he's arrested and charged fr murder

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Akinpresident: 12:37pm On Feb 10
whizzler:

D thing tire me sef. What were the others doing when the driver brought out the fuel, poured it in the officer and still had enough time to ignite the man

I can't seem to understand either.
Just imagine the duration it takes to do all these
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Benwallt(m): 12:44pm On Feb 10
Customised3:
This is sign of frustration.
We write school projects, thesis, proposals, dissertation.
Do well to check my signature for our WhatsApp detail.

It's not frustration. The guy knows what awaits him at the office. Those people dey bill.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Bendeco2020: 12:47pm On Feb 10
Na cowards full Edo normally. Their people only have mouth without action.

Someone pore a fellow fuel and have the time to burn him and the people was there just watching till he escaped

Am not surprised of such news coming from Edo since a Fulani abi Hausa man cut off a woman's head with cutlass in a busy area at same edo and the crowds were there shouting till police arrive and took the man away.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Thinktwicemybro: 12:53pm On Feb 10
Cassandraloius:
Omg! What a wicked soul?
Nothing wicked here. Those traffic thugs deserved it
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Calitoscassius(m): 12:55pm On Feb 10
Nice! everyone has gone mad in the Zoo. grin grin

Nnamdi Kanu is a visionist. He warned people about all these chaos.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by searchng4love: 12:55pm On Feb 10
Makunahatata:
you're a useless human being, I hope u go dey there to console the devil driver when he's arrested and charged fr murder
Thinktwicemybro:

Nothing wicked here. Those traffic thugs deserved it

I take it you are one of the Edo thugs masquerading as taskforce or traffic nonsense upandan. Take it from me you guys deserve that and more.

“A single witness shall not suffice against a person for any crime or for any wrong in connection with any offense that he has committed. Only on the evidence of two witnesses or of three witnesses shall a charge be established” (Deut 19:15).

Take this home

Timoleon:
Full grown .an shoe frustration to the extent of going naked, yet the officer(s) were hell bent on taking his means of livelihood away.

If you or your family member dey do this kind work, advice yourselves to quickly de-escalate tensions before an angry Nigerian sends you to somewhere you don't know.

TINTINABULATION:
Let all Law Enforcement Officers take caution. Nigerians are already frustrated. Its a chaotic order of survival over civility.

The Government has failed them. The citizens are angry and fustrated. They no longer have money to finance the affluence of those in power & authority.

Personally, i feel no pity for the officer, he should have curtailed his overbloated ego. Discretion is the better part of valour. I always tell my friend in military/paramilitary; no do gra-gra with any Nigerian citizen.

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by searchng4love: 12:58pm On Feb 10
bnanny:
After showing your madness to end another man life. Why running? He should be made to face the full consequences of his madness. Everyone is always trying to be mad when they see security on the road or anywhere they see security officers. Forgotten that without security men it will only takes a week for mad people like this man to turn Nigeria into full time Haiti. Right now we are in same place with Liberia serie Leone.

Nigeria is already Haiti coded
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Makunahatata: 1:00pm On Feb 10
searchng4love:

I take it you are one of the Edo thugs masquerading as taskforce or traffic nonsense upandan. Take it from me you guys deserve that and more.
instead of u to speak against evil,u are encouraging it making mouth online,I'm sure ppl like u are cowards in real life...why haven't you gone the same route as the driver yet since u believe so much it's what the traffic, taskforce ppl deserve.

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by searchng4love: 1:02pm On Feb 10
Makunahatata:
instead of u to speak against evil,u are encouraging it making mouth online,I'm sure ppl like u are cowards in real life...why haven't you gone the same route as the driver yet since u believe so much it's what the EDO traffic, taskforce ppl deserve.

TINTINABULATION:

No evil was committed
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by fennels007(m): 1:03pm On Feb 10
And some people are clamouring for the legalization of gun.

NaMe4:

https://punchng.com/driver-sets-edo-traffic-officer-ablaze-flees/
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by searchng4love: 1:04pm On Feb 10
fennels007:
And some people are clamouring for the legalization of gun.

Yes.... With that we'll pursue all those Malians in our forests
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Makunahatata: 1:17pm On Feb 10
searchng4love:

No evil was committed
otida
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Anunakeeh: 2:02pm On Feb 10
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by magzey: 2:16pm On Feb 10
Hmmm this one na ,No gree for Anybody grin grin
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by magzey: 2:18pm On Feb 10
Calitoscassius:
Nice! everyone has gone mad in the Zoo. grin grin

Nnamdi Kanu is a visionist. He warned people about all these chaos.
Who be Nnamdi Kanu again
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by okechuks22: 2:55pm On Feb 10
NaMe4:
It definitely was expected to come to this point.

When everyone acted carefree, allowing charlatans destroy the State.
Most of these touts cannot attempt what they do in Edo in other States - Edo has become a free land to demonstrate idiocy.

Over 90% of commercial drivers and delivery bike riders do not obey traffic lights. They drive past red lights, obstructing traffic and injuring or killing other road users. I have witnessed such accidents.

Even some private drivers have shamelessly joined such low-level behaviour.

The greatest blame goes to Edo State government and the EDSTMA.

When many of them abandon the mandate and turn traffic management to a business venture, compromising the few who intend to work, this is what we would start seeing.

In addition, there are some touts who wear brown polo shirts with black pants and face caps around Oba Market traffic light.
Those ones have instituted severe nuisance there, targeting what they feel are expensive cars for extortion. Meanwhile, bus drivers have become wild chimpanzees at that area.

As if people that put the law obey it

Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by chichima67791: 3:25pm On Feb 10
Devil Check my signatureDevil Check my signature...
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by GreaterFuture(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10
Lol.
Re: Driver Sets Edo Traffic Officer Ablaze, Flees by Calitoscassius(m): 4:20pm On Feb 10
magzey:

Who be Nnamdi Kanu again
My father! grin

Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By His Girlfriend In Italy (photos) / Two Die As Fulani, Yoruba Clash In Kwara / KAI Officials Apprehend Boys Urinating On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos)