Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? (27205 Views)

Covenant University Vice Chancellor Shares Beautiful Picture Senate Building / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 5:55pm On Feb 10
No
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

LG Boss salary, can't be up to that but corruption will make more for him.

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

IGR of some fg uni is in billions
Are you sure that VC salary is 1.8 Million? That's so big.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by TUANKU(m): 6:18pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
That's true but VC too has political godfathers too.
Yes but it's rare and dem no dey bill VC like dem dey bill and useless LG chairman.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by ogawisdom(m): 6:45pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
No Are you sure that VC salary is 1.8 Million? That's so big.

Very sure but it's a consolidated salary that includes all his allowances

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 6:56pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:

Very sure but it's a consolidated salary that includes all his allowances
wow, I never knew.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 6:56pm On Feb 10
TUANKU:

Yes but it's rare and dem no dey bill VC like dem dey bill and useless LG chairman.
True

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by ogawisdom(m): 7:04pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
wow, I never knew.

Salary is not even the issue but the billions he controls yearly & several ways to make money illegally.

IGR
Subvensions
Sale of employment

Sale of admission ( VC list for professional courses can give a VC over 200m yearly free money)

Imagine paying 3m to gain admission to study medicine, law, pharmacy, nursing, MLS etc to VC. VC will reserve at least 30 in each hot selling dept for himself to sell.

And so many ways to make money for a corrupt VC

6 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 7:16pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:

Salary is not even the issue but the billions he controls yearly & several ways to make money illegally.

IGR
Subvensions
Sale of employment

Sale of admission ( VC list for professional courses can give a VC over 200m yearly free money)

Imagine paying 3m to gain admission to study medicine, law, pharmacy, nursing, MLS etc to VC. VC will reserve at least 30 in each hot selling dept for himself to sell.

And so many ways to make money for a corrupt VC
so a VC is equivalent to a state governor?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by ogawisdom(m): 9:27pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
so a VC is equivalent to a state governor?

Stop playing grin

3 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by CaptainFM1: 9:43pm On Feb 10
Which of them goes on strike often because of Salary and working conditions?

If you can answer the above question, then you have your answer already.

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by chopnaira: 9:44pm On Feb 10
Shey you dey whine me ni. Before nko. LG generates a lot of money.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Menclothing: 9:44pm On Feb 10
Vc live like king billions of revenue are stolen by them
Most LG chairman don’t have access to money gov have corner it
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by 1nigeriamyfoot: 9:46pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?
They make money from white elephant projects & overinflated projects. A situation whereby a chairman will claim to have spent 150m to construct 18 x 20 feet classoms with wooden doors and window (excluding tables and chairs o)

But the story is not the same across all states because local government chairmen in Oyo state are paupers as our governor have swallowed all their allocation

5 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by CoronaVirusPro: 9:47pm On Feb 10
Are you kidding me?

A LGA chairman steals more and worth 50x more than a VC

2 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by joachimnkenchor(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10
VC CONTEST ELECTION?

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Goddyrichie(m): 9:50pm On Feb 10
emoboy4u:
Why do people conclude some other people are stingy because they refuse to give them a job? Do not conclude now until you get to that level, then let's see if you can help everyone that comes to you.

I use to think those uncles that promised us jobs after graduation are wicked until I became an uncle too and realize that even though I wanted to, I couldn't help everyone.

People at that level have so many people seeking one favor or the other from them, it is really unfair to conclude they are stingy because things are not usually the way we think they are.

But until you get to that level, never conclude.
u right bro 💯 I learn from ur word’s
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by morrisono111: 9:55pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

LG Boss salary, can't be up to that but corruption will make more for him.

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

IGR of some fg uni is in billions

VC salary is 500k in a FG university

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by seguno2: 9:56pm On Feb 10
Looks like we love our corruption and cronyism, but ironically hate the rottenness of our society.

What a shame that we are so confused

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by ogawisdom(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10
morrisono111:

VC salary is 500k in a FG university

Lol dey play

That is a salary of a professor at bar
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by morrisono111: 10:01pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:

Lol dey play

That is a salary of a professor at bar

A professor Salary is 470k...30k is deducted for SSquarters...

VC salary will not exceed 500k.

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10
ordinary LG councilor for ward dey cancel landed ppts upandan, ee com be a whole chairman...

Op, dey play!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by papyjaypaul: 10:13pm On Feb 10
Riches or wealth? It seems you are interested in material wealth, not intellectual richness. What an academic sees as wealth will surprise you. Because they have a working brain. This is where education is worth it.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Dancebreaker: 10:13pm On Feb 10
Scholace:
Some uncles are truly useless. My dad singlehandedly raised his little brother till he becomes adult. He sent him to school while my mum linked him up with a job in an oil company. This Uncle of mine doesn't not send any of us, including my mum and his brother my father. We his niece and nephew are suffering with no help in sight. Don't you think we have a right to tell him to his face that he's wicked?

Dude, things can be deep in life.

My dad raised my cousin from about age of 4. In fact everyone thought he was my dad's firstborn. From primary to secondary. Then my dad also joined money with other family members in late 70s to process his schooling abroad. He eventually managed to, I believe, in 1980. He got to Yankee and did his degrees. Until my dad passed on a few years ago, he once sent my dad 100 Naira around 1987.

He visited Nigeria a few times, was in same town and never visited my dad.

It turned out that in the 1980s, he actually sent lots of money to be given to my dad to supervise projects for him. His siblings never delivered the money and only told my dad that the guy sent some money for them (siblings) to do some project to him. My dad prayed for him. But his siblings did no project.

My dad could not reach him as his siblings gave us a fake address. Letters written were returned. Unknown person.

Now, perhaps until today, he may believe that my dad ate his money. Not even condolences from him when my dad died. May be he does not even know.

I am not bothered about whether he gave my dad anything or not because I got abroad early too and my dad didn't lack.

But to not visit my dad while in 9ja several times was bad. To NOT mourn my dad was equally bad.

Life abroad is not as rosy as some believe and big men are not always as powerful (to give jobs anyhow) or buoyant (to dish out money) as people believe.

Fact is I can't be sure why he behaved that way. It's most likely his siblings lied to him.

People can be wicked, including siblings.

7 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Sultannayef: 10:16pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
So VC is more than local government chairman in all ramification oh.

There is no comparison. VCs are far more richer than Local Government Chairmen!

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by AllahOfBlood: 10:23pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?
you should have known that politicians are all theives, they stole they don't earned. They stole what they have

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by crossbreedwears(m): 10:25pm On Feb 10
Your uncle is such an ungrateful person and he should be locked away for life.
Scholace:
Some uncles are truly useless. My dad singlehandedly raised his little brother till he becomes adult. He sent him to school while my mum linked him up with a job in an oil company. This Uncle of mine doesn't not send any of us, including my mum and his brother my father. We his niece and nephew are suffering with no help in sight. Don't you think we have a right to tell him to his face that he's wicked?

3 Likes

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:34pm On Feb 10
AllahOfBlood:
you should have known that politicians are all theives, they stole they don't earned. They stole what they have
Yes I know just wanted to know their legit earnings.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:35pm On Feb 10
Sultannayef:

okay but I need to hear other views.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:36pm On Feb 10
1nigeriamyfoot:

They make money from white elephant projects & overinflated projects. A situation whereby a chairman will claim to have spent 150m to construct 18 x 20 feet classoms with wooden doors and window (excluding tables and chairs o)

But the story is not the same across all states because local government chairmen in Oyo state are paupers as our governor have swallowed all their allocation
hmmmm.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:37pm On Feb 10
Sultannayef:

With legit pay or by stealing?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Akerele44(m): 10:42pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
like let's compare the local government chairman of Eti osa to the VC of unilag? Who makes more money whether by stealing or not.
That’s my local govt
The most developed local govt in Nigeria
They generate higher revenues
There salary is not the main source
There security votes and other dubious things gives them the money

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2016 Most Popular Careers Among Nigerian Students / Check Absu Results Online Now / Times World Universities Rankings 2020: See How African Universities Fared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.