Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? (27026 Views)

Covenant University Vice Chancellor Shares Beautiful Picture Senate Building / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by AllahOfBlood: 10:47pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
Yes I know just wanted to know their legit earnings.

Thieves don't earned
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:03pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
Chinedu nebo of Unn?
yea Chinedu Nebo former VC of UNN is a nice man and incorruptible compared with the one before him, Prof. Ginigame Mbanefoh and that useless Bath Okolo that took after him
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Harrynight(m): 11:05pm On Feb 10
Wawelexy:
A simple Google search could have just answered your question. Check the salary structure of both... VC earns better but allowances those politicians gets plus their dubious contract allocations will always make a VC look like a pauper.

God bless you immediately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Harrynight(m): 11:09pm On Feb 10
emoboy4u:
Why do people conclude some other people are stingy because they refuse to give them a job? Do not conclude now until you get to that level, then let's see if you can help everyone that comes to you.

I use to think those uncles that promised us jobs after graduation are wicked until I became an uncle too and realize that even though I wanted to, I couldn't help everyone.

People at that level have so many people seeking one favor or the other from them, it is really unfair to conclude they are stingy because things are not usually the way we think they are.

But until you get to that level, never conclude.

I would've loved to say God bless you immediately

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 11:26pm On Feb 10
Odidigboigbo:
yea Chinedu Nebo former VC of UNN is a nice man and incorruptible compared with the one before him, Prof. Ginigame Mbanefoh and that useless Bath Okolo that took after him
Ozumba Benjamin was the worst! He forced students to buy low quality laptop of #70,000 and #75,000 as installment as of 2015(My ex girlfriend's younger sis was there then). This were cheap laptops he got in bulk like very cheaper oh. He made the laptop compulsory initially until we used a social media platform to contact a member of house of rep that was a northerner (God bless that man, I won't say his name here) and he said it during their representative session. Immediately Ozumba made it optional in 2016 which was the next session. Thank God he was never made a minister after his tenure!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by zicoy6k: 11:28pm On Feb 10
ogawisdom:

Very sure but it's a consolidated salary that includes all his allowances

My guy are you really sure about this? I know that the consolidated salary of the VC of a federal University is around 700k. I don't know which university pays 1.8m to the VC. However, a VC can be richer than a LG chairman, it all depends on how corrupt he is.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 11:31pm On Feb 10
zicoy6k:

My guy are you really sure about this? I know that the consolidated salary of the VC of a federal University is around 700k. I don't know which university pays 1.8m to the VC. However, a VC can be richer than a LG chairman, it all depends on how corrupt he is.
700k not 1.8?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Odidigboigbo(m): 11:33pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
Ozumba Benjamin was the worst! He forced students to buy low quality laptop of #70,000 and #75,000 as installment as of 2015(My ex girlfriend's younger sis was there then). This were cheap laptops he got in bulk like very cheaper oh. He made the laptop compulsory initially until we used a social media platform to contact a member of house of rep that was a northerner (God bless that man, I won't say his name here) and he said it during their representative session. Immediately Ozumba made it optional in 2016 which was the next session. Thank God he was never made a minister after his tenure!
I don't know much about Ozumba but I heard of the Laptop saga. But you see that Bath, he won't die well, the man is a confirmed Armed robber.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by peterboro: 11:34pm On Feb 10
WHY USING MY LOCAL GOVERNMENT HEADQUARTERS AS UPLOAD PIX.

WHY NOT USE OBIO AKPO or SURULERE?

I hope is not what i am thinking.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by stagger: 11:40pm On Feb 10
Thislifee:
No Are you sure that VC salary is 1.8 Million? That's so big.

N1.8m is salary and allowances.
Severance of N35m after the 5-year tenure + a house of choice.

This was part of the 2009 agreement negotiated by ASUU with the FG. Sadly, lecturers are left to manage with pay much lower than this.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by fa4dmike(m): 11:46pm On Feb 10
Now let me educate some here. A lg boss salary depends on the state. Some states pay the lg boss over 10m like rivers state and co. For eg Abia state pays well above 4m monthly. While Lagos pays above 5m. Do your findings. The salary of a vice chairman is almost as that of a vc in the Fed university. Also the first lady of the lg which happens to be the chairman's wife earns almost above the vc.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Kingofhoes: 11:54pm On Feb 10
Acidosis:

Politicians don't earn much. Yahaya Bello paid councillors 120k monthly. Multiply that by 2 or 3 for a local government chairman. They live large because of corruption and crime. Some of them may be responsible for the high rate of kidnapping.
If only you knew the amount of money being poured into the local government and they run in billions. Remove criminality, VC’s still wouldn’t be able to match salaries of LGA chairmen
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by mkoabiola: 11:54pm On Feb 10
Local govt chairman in one alimosho lcda, Lagos, earns 300k gross salary

But he makes more than 4million monthly through projects and expenditure

Dnt ask Mr how I know

It is first hand info

💯 Confirm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Patojargz: 12:12am On Feb 11
Their matter!!! E no concern us
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by chidiwar(m): 12:12am On Feb 11
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

LG Boss salary, can't be up to that but corruption will make more for him.

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

IGR of some fg uni is in billions

Unn former VC.
Left when I was about to graduate
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 12:54am On Feb 11
stagger:

N1.8m is salary and allowances.
Severance of N35m after the 5-year tenure + a house of choice.

This was part of the 2009 agreement negotiated by ASUU with the FG. Sadly, lecturers are left to manage with pay much lower than this.
Then a VC is more than a senator!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 12:56am On Feb 11
Odidigboigbo:
I don't know much about Ozumba but I heard of the Laptop saga. But you see that Bath, he won't die well, the man is a confirmed Armed robber.
Ozumba is more worst than Bartho oh ask anybody that attended UNN oh! Bartho was rugged but ozumba was a subtle t*I*f! Though I didn't attended UNN but I had a contract I was handling with my boss then at UNN.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by adanny01(m): 1:00am On Feb 11
Thislifee:
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?

A local government chairman earns in a single tenure of 4years max and gets through other ways more money than a professor but in 30years a professor is richer.

I think professors don't appreciate what they have.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:01am On Feb 11
mkoabiola:
Local govt chairman in one alimosho lcda, Lagos, earns 300k gross salary

But he makes more than 4million monthly through projects and expenditure

Dnt ask Mr how I know

It is first hand info

💯 Confirm
Isn't 300k poor as a salary for a local government chairman?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:02am On Feb 11
Patojargz:
Their matter!!! E no concern us
It's our concern oh. This is Nigeria's money.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:02am On Feb 11
Kingofhoes:

If only you knew the amount of money being poured into the local government and they run in billions. Remove criminality, VC’s still wouldn’t be able to match salaries of LGA chairmen
Exactly what I was thinking initially.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:03am On Feb 11
adanny01:

A local government chairman earns in a single tenure of 4years max and gets through other ways more money than a professor but in 30years a professor is richer.

I think professors don't appreciate what they have.
do you think it's easy to be a professor? Am doing my PhD now and it isn't easy.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:05am On Feb 11
Akerele44:

That’s my local govt
The most developed local govt in Nigeria
They generate higher revenues
There salary is not the main source
There security votes and other dubious things gives them the money
so Eti-osa local government chairman earns more than vice chancellor of Unilag?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Akerele44(m): 1:20am On Feb 11
Thislifee:
so Eti-osa local government chairman earns more than vice chancellor of Unilag?
During 2013 Agege local govt chairman security vote money is 1M which I knew clearly because my Dad was the secretary to the local govt then

There salaries are just minor
The wardrobe allowance and security votes and tarring of roads are where they earn big

So they are far richer than VC
Council chairmen in Lagos state I do t know about other states
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by sonofsteven: 2:13am On Feb 11
There's something I saw while reading this post(you don't like collecting money because of self respect)

Well, no matter what always keep your ego aside when it has to do with money(no dubious but freewill) you dey find job, but if say you dey collect money,you for don save up and start a business

As I dey now, if you like insult me and give me money,e no concern me

I don't reject money I go use your money do better thing, grow my money and when you realize am I go don go far

Every aboki with him kettle... insult me but be giving me money, I go use the money dey endure am

My 2cents

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Patojargz: 2:44am On Feb 11
Thislifee:
It's our concern oh. This is Nigeria's money.

The matter long
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by HRMK: 3:24am On Feb 11
even if he doesnt can the VC be in control of the type of money allocated to chairman of a local government?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:27am On Feb 11
VC earns more, irrespective of however you want to look at it.
No LGA chairman can approve a contract of 1bn without the state governor, most of the politicians you see do not start making the millions from that post, you have to be rich to get to the post, then you grow in your wealth through the post.
I have a friend that was a LGA chairman, he has a fuel station, hotel, houses before getting the post, if he adds one or two others during his tenure, those that don't know him will think he got them all through the post.
VC are usually well learned so even the corrupt ones are not really into showoff, their stealing is basically on investment, how many LGA chairman can secure a luxury apartment after his tenure compares to an ex-VC?

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Hisbanner83: 4:22am On Feb 11
Not so, just based on who is worst corrupt. Some LG Chairmen pocket the entire security vote of their LGA.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by adanny01(m): 4:34am On Feb 11
Thislifee:
do you think it's easy to be a professor? Am doing my PhD now and it isn't easy.

Is it easy to win a local government election? Do you know how many people died trying to get there. How many people died just because they are doing PhD?

How much do you spend to become a Professor compared to what you need to spend to become LG chairman?

Do you know the number of curses on their heads. In my local government, since 1999, no chairman has become anything better in life after office. First chairman, ended up in prison while in office because of a rift with the governor, died immediately after his tenure. He died poor. The second chairman lost his leg few months after the election. He has nothing today, he saw me recently and begged for 1k to complete his transport fare. I can go on and on.

Leave politics alone and face your books.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LAUTECH Students Honour Lecturer For Being Outstanding [Photos] / OAU Student Union Budgets N1.8m For Phone Calls / Interim Joint Admission Board(i.j.m.b) 2014/2015 Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.