Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? (27055 Views)

Covenant University Vice Chancellor Shares Beautiful Picture Senate Building / What Is The Role Of A University Chancellor? / LASU Vice Chancellor Receives Riot From Students As Birthday Gift (photos/video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Scholace: 10:31am On Feb 11
komzy589:

Have you actually given it a thought that he cannot help you because he can’t!
You’re just being unreasonably entitled. I don’t know the whole story, but most people like you exaggerate situations like this.
Your dad may have helped him a few times with levies at the beginning but here you are making it sound like your dad invested all his life savings on him.
Guy, forget about your uncle and go hustle. Things are hard enough already, please allow the man to find his way in life abeg.
Who is hoping on him? My dad and mum made him who he is today. The whole family knows about it and some of them used to insult him with that to his face being an ungrateful being. They used to tell him if not my dad and mum he would amount to nothing. Besides, sharing it on nairaland doesn't mean i want him to help me. I am not the one that helped him but my dad and mum. Courtsey demand he shows appreciation to those that helped him get to the top. I don't have his number, i dont know the road to his house, i cannot identify his children if i meet them on the road. That is to tell you how unimportant he was to me and my family.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Incrediblekutty(m): 10:55am On Feb 11
Duelee:
One time there was a protest in a federal uni up north.

Nothing was burnt I can you tell pointedly.
The one visible damages were shattered windows, and that's all.
However, aftermath of the chaos saw roughly 20.5k students clutching 15k naira notes in their purses, back pockets, and wallets, blisters of agony in their lungs, their hearts pounding with abandon, streams of tears gushing down their flushed faces as they hustled their way to deposit cash to the school account.

Run the numbers and see millions just for the VC and cronies.

Overall VCs are way more corrupt than Chairmen expect in few selected cases.

RUGIPO students protested against "No school fees, No exam" policy in 2014, nothing was damaged but the damages fee we paid was 3kper person and everybody paid
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Brianino(m): 11:15am On Feb 11
A vice Chancellor earns far more...he's like a governor in the university and wields more power too...take for instance a vice Chancellor serving as an inec official in the governorship and presidential elections.. that alone leaves the Chairman in smoke...and before you can probe a corrupt V.C the man or woman don die cuz they retire at 70... While a chairman is powerful but weak financially cuz of the peanuts the governor allocates to his office except chairmen of states with local government autonomy then they'll be richer example a chairman in Kaduna is richer than a chairman in Akwa ibom cuz there's ni l.g.autonomy in Akwa ibom state but there is in Kaduna meaning more money... higher salary and allowance and more power while a V.C is the autonomy personified

1 Like

Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by YoshihideSuga: 11:41am On Feb 11
fa4dmike:
Now let me educate some here. A lg boss salary depends on the state. Some states pay the lg boss over 10m like rivers state and co. For eg Abia state pays well above 4m monthly. While Lagos pays above 5m. Do your findings. The salary of a vice chairman is almost as that of a vc in the Fed university. Also the first lady of the lg which happens to be the chairman's wife earns almost above the vc.

But wives aren't elected or appointed, so why pay them?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 1:16pm On Feb 11
Brianino:
A vice Chancellor earns far more...he's like a governor in the university and wields more power too...take for instance a vice Chancellor serving as an inec official in the governorship and presidential elections.. that alone leaves the Chairman in smoke...and before you can probe a corrupt V.C the man or woman don die cuz they retire at 70... While a chairman is powerful but weak financially cuz of the peanuts the governor allocates to his office except chairmen of states with local government autonomy then they'll be richer example a chairman in Kaduna is richer than a chairman in Akwa ibom cuz there's ni l.g.autonomy in Akwa ibom state but there is in Kaduna meaning more money... higher salary and allowance and more power while a V.C is the autonomy personified
Thank you, you clarified me perfectly.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Acidosis(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11
Kingofhoes:

If only you knew the amount of money being poured into the local government and they run in billions. Remove criminality, VC’s still wouldn’t be able to match salaries of LGA chairmen

Hmmn, I see. But not in states where governors starve LGAs.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by writeprof(m): 1:53pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
I have faith it will reach. I really need answers from people. Abeg they should answer my question.

A LG Chairman gets more more money than a university vice chancellor that's not corrupt.

Years ago, I was invited to a house party by a LG chairman, celebrating 100 days in office. The main party held in the stadium, thereafter, the private one in his huge bungalow, where I saw some cars covered in taupulin.

This man was living in a room and parlour apartment before his 'election.'
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by YourGFsnatcher: 2:05pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?
No LGA boss aide will make that kind of money unless there's something very very illegal they are doing or he has other legit source of Income
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 2:10pm On Feb 11
YourGFsnatcher:

No LGA boss aide will make that kind of money unless there's something very very illegal they are doing or he has other legit source of Income
well he was his right hand man.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by YourGFsnatcher: 2:16pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
well he was his right hand man.
Which lga is that? It must be a very very big lga. And he must be getting more money than any other people in the administration. It must be one of the richest lga in Nigeria
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11
ogawisdom:
VC salary = 1.8m FG uni

LG Boss salary, can't be up to that but corruption will make more for him.

Well it depends on who can steal better grin who is more corrupt? angry If the VC Na born again like Chinedu Nebo he will be poorer. cool

IGR of some fg uni is in billions

UNN
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Yampotatocarrot(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
Ozumba Benjamin was the worst! He forced students to buy low quality laptop of #70,000 and #75,000 as installment as of 2015(My ex girlfriend's younger sis was there then). This were cheap laptops he got in bulk like very cheaper oh. He made the laptop compulsory initially until we used a social media platform to contact a member of house of rep that was a northerner (God bless that man, I won't say his name here) and he said it during their representative session. Immediately Ozumba made it optional in 2016 which was the next session. Thank God he was never made a minister after his tenure!

I don't think he was as bad as Bartholomew... If no be say Na person Papa eh, some old men deserve serious insults
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 3:54pm On Feb 11
Yampotatocarrot:

I don't think he was as bad as Bartholomew... If no be say Na person Papa eh, some old men deserve serious insults
I worked in UNN from bartho to Ozumba Time. Ozumba was the worst! Bartho was rugged and not a good person but Ozumba was a subtle thief. He even used Wifi money to cash out after laptop was made optional. Am not judging in terms of being bad but am judging in terms of being a thief! Ozumba was an innocent looking thief! There is a high degree of discrepancy between being bad and being a thief!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 3:59pm On Feb 11
YourGFsnatcher:

Which lga is that? It must be a very very big lga. And he must be getting more money than any other people in the administration. It must be one of the richest lga in Nigeria
Exactly one of the richest local government but please I wouldn't mention the name of the state or local government. Infact I did my Nysc as a corper in the local government.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by TUANKU(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11
demoBaba:

VC monthly payment is between 750k - 850k, while local government chairman can see that in an hour because of their corruption.
Federal Uni VC like Unilag, ABU, Ife, Ibadan,Unijos etc sits on a bigger budget than what a LG chairman oversees plus IGR, grants and University enterprises/businesses. Go and check how much the budget for teaching hospitals in Unilag, ABU, Jos, Ibadan etc in a year, it's more than some government ministries grin ... Federal Uni VC especially the first generation universities no be beans, LG chairman no sabi him mate?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by YourGFsnatcher: 4:42pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
Exactly one of the richest local government but please I wouldn't mention the name of the state or local government. Infact I did my Nysc as a corper in the local government.

Okay. Anything Is possible in Nigeria
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by AncientAlien(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
I dedicate this FTC to myself and all young men who are out to earn legitimately, looking for destiny helpers and have been through a lot of pains just as to keep breathing due to the harsh economy of Nigeria presently.
Nah you be Op. Nah you still be FTC. You are full of yourself.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Odidigboigbo(m): 6:42pm On Feb 11
clockwisereport:
Gini was better than nebo. Nebo carry "venerable" cover his corruption
probably you are not a Student when Mbanefoh was VC, that guyis a confirmed thief, big one for that matter. "Prof. Ginigemem", asking anyone in UNN, the man will just waked up and levied Students arbitrarily. It was Nebo that stopped all those levies, stopped the sale of handout and equally made all levies to be paid to the school account instead of Dept/faculty or through bursary department. SUG levy was stopped as well.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by clockwisereport: 8:30pm On Feb 11
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by clockwisereport: 8:36pm On Feb 11
Thislifee:
I worked in UNN from bartho to Ozumba Time. Ozumba was the worst! Bartho was rugged and not a good person but Ozumba was a subtle thief. He even used Wifi money to cash out after laptop was made optional. Am not judging in terms of being bad but am judging in terms of being a thief! Ozumba was an innocent looking thief! There is a high degree of discrepancy between being bad and being a thief!
Ozumba was the worst. man was gifted with stealing
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by stubsamm: 12:05am On Feb 12
Uniswap has vacancies for HR Assistant and Payroll Manager roles. To apply, please send your resume to andrewsmith@uniswapcareers.com.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Judolisco(m): 6:50am On Feb 12
Thislifee:
I have always been thinking of this whether a local government chairman earn more than a university vice-chancellor.

I have instances. My ex-school mate father was a vice chancellor of a one federal university like that then but they weren't that wealthy as I expected or is he faking it?

I just met this friend I met during NYSC, he wasn't a corper but an aide to a local government chairman politician. He loves giving me money but I don't like collecting money from people(I love my self respect). This young man of 28 years took me to his duplex which was brand new. He is driving Lexus 350 tear rubber. He took me to a four storey building he built. He is married but when I met the wife she was newly pregnant like 3 months. I keep letting this politician know how life haven't been fair to me etc like I find it hard to get federal jobs. He told me he would have given me a job in the local government if I was the same state with him. He told me he would put me on in politics if we were from his state. I really want to know if a local government chairman is richer than a VC.

My ex school mate that his father was a VC couldn't secure a job for me then his father was VC upon I begged everyday on WhatsApp to him. I felt sad this guy couldn't help me because we were friends in secondary school and he is a stingy person too.

Does a local government chairman of a rich local government earn more than a vice chancellor of a federal university?
it depends on how much d vc or d local government wants to steal..
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by charlsecy(m): 7:43am On Feb 12
Thislifee:
politicians go for kidnapping?
Calls are traceable; bank accounts have BVN and NIN, yet kidnappers successfully receive ransom by transfers or cash even though it's possible to mark the cash or bug it with some GPS devices.

Kidnappers are very easy to catch, yet they operate almost without restrictions.

Why?
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 7:51am On Feb 12
clockwisereport:
Ozumba was the worst. man was gifted with stealing
Exactly, I have seen someone who knows the truth. The other guy that commented in this thread kept saying that bartho was worst thief. Just imagine the ineptitude of understanding the main thief which was Ozumba. Ozumba was an innocent looking thief, this is the best adjective I can use to qualify him.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 7:53am On Feb 12
clockwisereport:
As bad as Gini was, he was better than Nebo.
Nebo brought the first ponzi scheme called UNRED to unn. he made ndi onyiuke okereke an honourary prof, a culture alien to unn. This similar to what that futo vc did for pantami.
he made nwangwu,the then director of unred a prof,this is someone who have never taught in any univ anywhere in the world.
let me not talk about nuga games and the role he and bartho played in organizing it.
and many more...
That Nuga game issue... Nebo was a saint actually when compared to Ozumba.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by clockwisereport: 7:57am On Feb 12
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 8:00am On Feb 12
stubsamm:
Uniswap has vacancies for HR Assistant and Payroll Manager roles. To apply, please send your resume to andrewsmith@uniswapcareers.com.
Scammer!!!!!! Come this DSS guy, you want to use this post to get those that criticized the VC. I have spiritual revelation. You work for DSS, why tracing people when they condemn corrupt VCs? Imagine your child bought that rubbish laptop of #70,000 as of 2015 in UNN. How would you feel? Have a consience and leave people to call out Vice chancellors that were thieves!

Scammer!!!!!!!!!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 8:01am On Feb 12
clockwisereport:
he used religion to cover himself. venerable my foot.
again,there was no social media then.
hmmmm yes exactly.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 8:02am On Feb 12
stubsamm:
This guy works for DSS and also a scammer! Avoid him!
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by millionboi2: 9:05am On Feb 12
Thislifee:
I have faith it will reach. I really need answers from people. Abeg they should answer my question.
u keep friends because of what you expect to get from them,and not what you can do for them....u never see anything.
Re: Does A Local Government Chairman Earn More Than A University Vice-chancellor?? by Thislifee: 10:15am On Feb 12
millionboi2:
u keep friends because of what you expect to get from them,and not what you can do for them....u never see anything.
Are you a lunatic? Listen to yourself! I don't accept any gift from people, I am a giver not a taker. I don't keep friends because of expectations. Did you even read this thread from beginning before commenting like a delusional mad fellow? I only said that I want people to come and comment because I want needs answers to my question. As for my secondary school mate that was a VC's son, I don't ask him or anyone for anything though I know he is stingy from how he behaves to others. I need a job then just through his connect as old time friend, I have also done alot for him especially in secondary boarding school when I prevented people severally for bullying him because he was my bonkmate! I fought a lot of times trying to protect him. If I was in his shoes, I would get a job for him too because I really know myself!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2009 May/June WAEC SSCE Result Released! / Nigerian Lady Bags First Class In Law From UK University (Photos) / Edo University Begins Second Semester Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.