Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,027 members, 7,814,508 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work (14214 Views)

It Is May 1st: Are You Currently Enjoying Your Place Of Work. / How Can I Handle This Particular Situation In My Place Of Work / Lady Caught On CCTV Dancing Outside Her New Place Of Work After Getting A Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by nkemjacob2(m): 4:54pm On Feb 10
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Are employers taken advantage of employees undecided

Na wa o

16 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ogashman(m): 4:58pm On Feb 10
28th of every month.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by IyaTola: 5:26pm On Feb 10
On or before 15th of the following month

17 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by IyaTola: 5:29pm On Feb 10
nkemjacob2:
From my own aspect, I don't know if it is sole reason of the economic crisis. I haven't been paid by the end of the month since I started work for over a year. They do pay every 5th of every new month. Now payment has changed gear to 10th of every month.

Are employers taken advantage of employees undecided

Na wa o
You are not taken advantage of, the problem is thing have become expensive and breaking even is extremely difficult. Start looking for a side hustle to augment your salary otherwise you will keep lamenting.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by gaby(m): 5:42pm On Feb 10
Bi-weekly. That is to say, every 2 weeks.

17 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ekelebeXstunner: 7:51pm On Feb 10
26th - 28th when I worked in a corporate setting.

18 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by IyaTola: 8:06pm On Feb 10
shocked
gaby:
Bi-weekly. That is to say, every 2 weeks.
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by IyaTola: 8:07pm On Feb 10
ekelebeXstunner:
26th - 28th when I worked in a corporate setting.
What you doing now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 8:27pm On Feb 10
IyaTola:
On or before 15th of the following month
Though this is not fair, but if you look at it critically you'd notice it's almost the same as 25-28th of every month.

15 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by IyaTola: 6:36am On Feb 11
thesicilian:

Though this is not fair, but if you look at it critically you'd notice it's almost the same as 25-28th of every month.
How? explain to me as the salary for March would b paid on or before April 15th

5 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 7:45am On Feb 11
IyaTola:
How? explain to me as the salary for March would b paid on or before April 15th

Ideally salary should be paid before the end of the month so that people can properly budget how to use their own money. However if you really look at it, receiving your salary every 26th day of the same month is essentially the same as receiving it every 15th day of the following month, because it is the same number of days in between the payments
The key is for the salary to be paid regularly

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Rubyjade: 9:32am On Feb 11
thesicilian:

Ideally salary should be paid before the end of the month so that people can properly budget how to use their own money. However if you really look at it, receiving your salary every 26th day of the same month is essentially the same as receiving it every 15th day of the following month, because it is the same number of days in between the payments
I am trying hard to understand this

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thesicilian: 9:53am On Feb 11
Rubyjade:
I am trying hard to understand this
Ha
Let me explain in another way:

If January salary is paid on February 15, and February salary is paid on march 15 and march salary is paid on April 15.

From January 1 to Feb 15 = 46days
From Feb 15 to March 15 = 29days
From March 15 to April 15 = 31days
From April 15 to May 15 = 30days

As you can see the only time you get to suffer is the first time, after that as long as the salary comes regularly it's essentially the same 30days from one payment to the next.

And again, I'm not trying to defend salary delays, it should be discouraged and avoided by all means.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by slaawomirr: 3:36pm On Feb 12
Damnnn niggarrrr

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by mobileboy: 3:36pm On Feb 12
25th for one
5th for another

While the third one is as the boss pleases

4 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by BabaCommander: 3:36pm On Feb 12
28th day of the month
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by duduade: 3:36pm On Feb 12
Last week/First week of the following month

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by R0LL0N(m): 3:37pm On Feb 12
Every 22nd of the month

7 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by MayowaTallguy: 3:37pm On Feb 12
[center]Am JOBL3SS[/center]

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Queengee: 3:38pm On Feb 12
31st or

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by nony43(m): 3:38pm On Feb 12
23rd of every month.

8 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by CandidAdmin(m): 3:38pm On Feb 12
The jox of receiving Salaries has no bound!
Especially when it's HUGE!!!

Only for it to finish it after two-weeks due to inflation.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Kcfresh2103(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12
cool
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by thaoriginator: 3:41pm On Feb 12
I don't like delay in salary payments by organizations. Even if you don't want to pay early, pay from 30th, 31, or on the first one the coming month. Which I wan be 5-6-7-8-9....

I go sell anything angry

1 Like

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by bigdammyj: 3:41pm On Feb 12
Reading…
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by ecolime(m): 3:42pm On Feb 12
thesicilian:

It is only the same when you work for a structured company with integrity.

For one man business, it's not the same. You will understand better when you resign the job for another endeavor.

You go beg tire before dem pay you your last salary.

5 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by RosyIsBlessed: 3:42pm On Feb 12
From 20th
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Akwamkpuruamu: 3:42pm On Feb 12
Any day client mobilize me
Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by HoleDriller(m): 3:43pm On Feb 12
23rd - 26th of each month cool

2 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:44pm On Feb 12
Last day of the month

3 Likes

Re: When Is The Usual Salary Payday In Your Place Of Work by UnknownT: 3:44pm On Feb 12
The old management was paying around 8th to 12th of the new month, when they were sacked, the new management started paying the last working day of the month and later started and maintained 25th

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Invite From Csorbit / See List Of Shortlisted Candidates For 2018 Nigeria Police Recruitment / Can A Non-national Join Nigerian Army?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.