Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,259 members, 7,829,515 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California (84746 Views)

Photos From Herbert Wigwe's Crash Site In The US / Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / Lagos Government Begins Repair Work At Helicopter Crash Site (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Kascruise2: 10:45pm On Feb 10
Something like this happen at California 2020 Kobe Bryant it’s well Rip
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 10:48pm On Feb 10
Catapault:

Then rent a luxury bus or taxi .

Why must you enter a helicopter in which you don't know who serviced it, who may be targeting you, etc, etc, especially in a racist country like America where blacks are oppressed and discriminated against?

You don't do that. And it is because you people don't research these countries and have been brainwashed to love and adore the same whites who enslaved, raped and colonised your ancestors, that you always end up being so vulnerable to their schemes.

If Wigwe had spent even ONE DAY of his life studying the history of blacks in America, and the civil rights movement led by the assassinated Malcolm X and the assassinated Dr Martin Luther King Jnr, the thousands of lynchings of black people right up till the 1980s just for being black, he would never have entered that helicopter, as an African billionaire.

He would have rented a big luxury bus or caravan and travelled with his family.

With the recent catastrophe associated with helicopters, I think families should travel differently when using helicopters.

Even when using Buses, families should travel differently.

6 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 10:49pm On Feb 10
abbey621:

Everything must involved racism to consipiracy theorist regardless of the fact that there are many wealthy black Americans with private jets and helicopter access. The guy was not as rich as some of the many wealthy Blacks, Asians and Hispanic folks in America, how come these people are still breathing?
You mustn't be Elon Musk before you get assassinated.

For a place you don't know so well, Public transportation remains the best.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:54pm On Feb 10
May their soul rest in peace.
Helicopter chartered in dollars. Hmnn
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 10:55pm On Feb 10
OkoEmm:

Last time i checked, He owns 8% or so in access bank now access holdings. Stanbic Nominees held stakes of more than 11% as at then(largest shareholder). They "may decide" to take over control of the bank.
8%? 😂

You need a minimum of 51% shares unless it's so scattered that they can't come together then you can control a company with 43% shares.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Tranquility2345: 10:56pm On Feb 10
Connected1:

So why will yankee want to assassinate Herbert? Who be Herbert to the Americans ? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Tranquility2345: 10:58pm On Feb 10
mabea:
Haa too bad. A life caught short

‘Caught short’ indeed

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 11:00pm On Feb 10
Tranquility2345:

So why will yankee want to assassinate Herbert? Who be Herbert to the Americans ? undecided
I assume you are fresh off the boat.

Hired Assassins will kill you and not tell you their contractor.

He might be from anywhere in the world.

Some will even make it look like an accident.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Anguldi(m): 11:02pm On Feb 10
Dougad:
Wow! RIP

First time I heard about this guy was in 2017 when I read he was one of the highest compensated executive in Nigeria. Man made bastard money.

Helicopters are very unsafe. I no know why rich people dey always use am.

Kobe Bryant, Leicester city owner, Herbert wigwe. In fact most deaths from air travel na helicopter cause am.

The story is even sadder cos his wife and child were involved
Helicopter pilots are few, very risky job. Very unstable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Tranquility2345: 11:02pm On Feb 10
Connected1:

I assume you are fresh off the boat.

Hired Assassins will kill you and not tell you their contractor.

He might be from anywhere in the world.

Some will even make it look like an accident.

Please how old are you? A grown person cannot be typing this crap..
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by georgeakins: 11:04pm On Feb 10
BitterTruth01:

Nigerian money ?
Yoruba man no go hustle make eim own money .
Na Igbo man money dey enter eim eye

He is ikwerre.

You people always feel inferior , that is why you like attaching yourselves to Niger delta people.

Ibos should stay on their own.
Niger delta have disowned ibo people several times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 11:06pm On Feb 10
Tranquility2345:

Please how old are you? A grown person cannot be typing this crap..
You quickly resulted to insults.

I didn't tell you he was killed but I made you understand that he mustn't be the richest man before he can get killed, we all have enemies which some might want us dead.

But if you think he's too little for any American to kill, then no problem, that's why I said the killer might be from anywhere in the world.

All the same I didn't tell you he was killed, if you sha wan ask about age, you go waka far.

2 Likes

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by greypencils: 11:10pm On Feb 10
This is sad. 3 members of the same family, quite sad.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by georgeakins: 11:10pm On Feb 10
faceland:

A lot of people do drugs in US that would scare our junkie. The drugs they take, our junkies can't handle it.

I think it's the weather that makes helicopter crash to be common in the US

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by donprinyo(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10
Nothing is fair in this world. Money, wealth are all vanity except a life of love and excellence. May his soul and his family members rest in peace.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by kushe: 11:11pm On Feb 10
People just open their mouths and yan dust.
They no kill am for naija,naa for Yankee dem go kpai am on top helicopter.
God holds our times in his hands,wealthy, poor,struggling,buoyant our life and times are in his hands.
I would rather use this death as an opportunity to reflect on my own life and what my purpose for being here is.
I remember him and Aig from way back from glossing through the annual reports of GTB and I use to admire how young these guys were as executive directors of such a trailblazing business ,so I wasn't surprised when they founded Access.
All naa story now,I hope his family allow his children enjoy the labour of their parents,and I hope his friends honour his legacy by making sure Wigwe University doesn't die with this man.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by donprinyo(m): 11:12pm On Feb 10
georgeakins:

He is ikwerre.

You people always feel inferior , that is why you like attaching yourselves to Niger delta people.

Ibos should stay on their own.
Niger delta have disowned ibo people several times
You seemed so pained.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by MUNCHING2024: 11:13pm On Feb 10
God abeg make enjoyment no kill me o
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Achoghim: 11:16pm On Feb 10
The chopper he flew in is single engined and single crewed, that for me is a no-no. There's no redundancy, once the one engine fails midair it is game over. The helicopter was also fully loaded with six passengers (which is the max it can carry). It could be that the engine stalled due to overload or poor maintenance. One thing with helicopters is that there's a lot of moving parts, meaning that a lot could go wrong inflight. It's safer to fly in well maintained "multi engined" and "multi crewed" aircrafts (whether rotary or fixed wing), than the other. Helicopters fly so many world leaders and businessmen around on a daily basis, and yet we haven't heard of much crashes because they don't take standards and safety precautions lightly. Regardless, may the souls of the departed rest in peace. Anen!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by kushe: 11:16pm On Feb 10
Connected1:

You quickly resulted to insults.

I didn't tell you he was killed but I made you understand that he mustn't be the richest man before he can get killed, we all have enemies which some might want us dead.

But if you think he's too little for any American to kill, then no problem, that's why I said the killer might be from anywhere in the world.

All the same I didn't tell you he was killed, if you sha wan ask about age, you go waka far.

Oga rest !!!!
This was obviously an accident.
It is morbid enough his wife and child are involved,save your imaginations for Netflix scouts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by PHAYOL81: 11:18pm On Feb 10
Tranquility2345:

Check what time it is in California angry

Every result I got about the time difference put it strictly at 9 hours behind. What this means is that by the time the marathon got underway at 10:00am local time, California was at 01:00am which speculates that the incident might've happened hours before then and rescue search might've been concluded for the day. If none of the members of that marathon organiser hadn't gotten the news by the time the event got underway, then someone must've withheld the info. It may even be a very close,relation of the deceased in hope that there might still be a,miraculous escape for any of or even all the passengers of the chopper. Not blaming no one, just stating opinion. Of course, like I said, I maybe wrong. So let's close the argument. But if you think there's something you care to shed more light on, I'm a patient listener.

Connected1:

This your conspiracy theory no get part two o. So humour me, who killed BRYANT? Who assasinated the couple of other notable people who died in chopper/.private flight crashes that's happened in America in recent times? Or did anyone tell you this accident is a standalone one in the west in recent times? Was the other co-passengers (apart from his family)part of the deal?
I believe if the LEICESTER owner was a Nigerian, or an indigene of a SOUTH EAST state, you'd have opined that he was assasinated too. Better change you dirty mindset else you portray yourself in bad light around innocent actions that's supposed to get nothing to do with you thus attracting unnecessary grudge against yourself.

Connected1:

It's not my fault you failed to notice where the comment I replied said it's not as if he's one of the richest there, which I replied saying you mustn't be the richest before you get killed.

Anyone can be killed, we all have enemies, it's understandable, when all you do is look for faults in what people say, then you will be blinded by it.

Trust me I ain't trying to find faults in you in anyway, I don't even know you in person so why should I? I responded base on the sustained belief in your posts that he might've been murdered. Even just days ago, another helicopter in the same USA(though belonging to the military but that's more reason to believe it's built stronger for combat and engagement but what happened? it) lost to the weather, killing all on board too. If it were to be in NIGERIA, people would've concluded that the technicality of the aircraft might have been sabotaged by some grudging enemies(moles), same way we've heard a couple of times when our combat aircraft crashed. YOU guys should always CALM DOWN. The world can't be against you alone and not on every opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Skty: 11:19pm On Feb 10
kushe:

Oga rest !!!!
It is morbid enough his wife and child are involved,save your imaginations for Netflix scouts.

I weak
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by OkoEmm: 11:22pm On Feb 10
Tranquility2345:

11% to take control of a bank? Please give yourself a konk on your bald head for that hopeless comment angry

Lol. Relax. I come in peace. Let me explain what I mean by "take over control" .

Otedola with less than 6% stake in First bank is now the new Chairman of the bank and would most likely call a lot of shots at the bank. That kind of control.

Elumelu as at the last time I checked held less than 15% in uba. Dozie holds less than 15% too in zenith and both of them hold significant influence on both banks.

In the investment world, once you hold more than 5% in any company you are tagged a "significant shateholder".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Connected1: 11:24pm On Feb 10
kushe:

Oga rest !!!!
Well it's understandable because he's not related to you or maybe you no just get sense.

Because his family members will want to know what exactly really happened, if the helicopter was tampered before taking off or something else occured.

Them talk say na accident nor be say na really accident.
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by georgeakins: 11:25pm On Feb 10
kay29000:

Add Aaliyah to the list...Aaliyah's death really pain me sha.

She died in a plane crash, not helicopter crash

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by DCmaverick(m): 11:25pm On Feb 10
My own na make ehin no die with our money o undecided undecided undecided
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Tranquility2345: 11:26pm On Feb 10
OkoEmm:

Lol. Relax. I come in peace. Let me explain what I mean by "take over control" .

Otedola with less than 6% stake in First bank is now the new Chairman of the bank and would most likely call a lot of shots at the bank. That kind of control.

Elumelu as at the last time I checked held less than 15% in uba. Dozie holds less than 15% too in zenith and both of them hold significant influence on both banks.

That’s not how it works….

You must own at least 50% of a company (directly or indirectly) to control that company…
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by BigBashiru: 11:27pm On Feb 10
Achoghim:
The chopper he flew in is single engined and single crewed, that for me is a no-no. There's no redundancy, once the one engine fails midair it is game over. The helicopter was also fully loaded with six passengers (which is the max it can carry). It could be that the engine stalled due to overload or poor maintenance. One thing with helicopters is that there's a lot of moving parts, meaning that a lot could go wrong inflight. It's safer to fly in well maintained "multi engined" and "multi crewed" aircrafts (whether rotary or fixed wing), than the other. Helicopters fly so many world leaders and businessmen around on a daily basis, and yet we haven't heard of much crashes because they don't take standards and safety precautions lightly. Regardless, may the souls of the departed rest in peace. Anen!

I believe this is winter period too so maybe much snow /bad weather.

Let us worship the name of the LORD Jesus Christ during this difficult period and pray for the family.

Let us not also try to make "gist" of it (not saying you are) but instead pray for mercy for the family...
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by klawaaa: 11:29pm On Feb 10
Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by greypencils: 11:31pm On Feb 10
Badadvisor:
Rest in power 🕊️
Access bank about to go down the drain
Access Bank is a corporation with a BOT and not a one man business. The business is self-running. All the BOT will do is to choose a new CEO.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by Crowntop94: 11:31pm On Feb 10
raysplashinfo:
I'm just speechless.

Wetin Dae happen for this country?.

May their soul rest In peace.

For you people quoting me, I wrote the word "Wetin Dae happen for this country" because the number of people that are dead this week is Alarming, that which makes me to say such statement.

I read it that it happened in California, USA.
Go and ask US government about what happen and stop disturbing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe Dies In Helicopter Crash In California by OkoEmm: 11:32pm On Feb 10
Tranquility2345:

That’s not how it works….

You must own at least 50% of a company (directly or indirectly) to control that company…

We are on the same page bro. Yes having more than 50% gives you total control of the compny with voting rights. But In a situation where no one has more than 50% in a company, significant shareholders with stakes above 5% call the shots at the company. That's what I'm saying. We are on the same page.

Goodnight

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Pilot MB Baba-Ari Dies In NAF Aircraft Crash In Abuja (Photo) / The 'Wickedest City On Earth' & Home To The Real Pirates Of The Caribbean (Pics) / This Is What Happens When You Cook In Antarctica At -70°C (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.