Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,193 members, 7,818,636 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori (9272 Views)

Adaora Soludo: We Left Nigeria Over Threats After My Dad Reformed Banking Sector / James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Williams Ibori Dies 4 Months After Wedding (James Ibori’s Brother Is Dead) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by hisexcellency34: 7:25am On Feb 11
Former Delta State Governor, Chief James Onanefe Ibori has mourned the tragic death of the Group Chief Executive Officer of Access Holdings, Mr Herbert Wigwe, who died in a helicopter crash in the United States of America at the weekend alongside his wife, son and others.

In a statement he personally signed, Ibori described the late Wigwe as a visionary leader who was a role model to many.

"My family and I are deeply saddened by the news of the untimely passing of Mr Herbert Wigwe, Mrs Chizoba Wigwe and their son, Chizi Wigwe".

"Mr Herbert Wigwe was a visionary leader who transformed the banking sector in Nigeria and beyond. He was a friend and a role model to many".

" Mrs Chizoba Wigwe was a loving wife and a devoted mother who supported her husband in all his endeavours. She was also a successful entrepreneur and a philanthropist who made a positive impact in the society".

"Their son, Chizi was a bright and talented young man who had a promising future ahead of him. He was a joy to be around and a source of pride for his parents".

"We cannot imagine the pain and sorrow that the Wigwe family are going through right now. We pray that God will comfort them and give them the strength to cope with this loss. We also hope that they will find some solace in the memories of the happy times that they shared with them".

"To the Wigwe family, please accept our heartfelt condolences and know that we are here for you in this difficult time. You are in our thoughts and prayers".
https://independent.ng/helicopter-crash-ibori-commiserates-with-wigwe-family

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by God1000(m): 7:28am On Feb 11
May his soul rest in peace, I learnt he has 3 other kids.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by nairavsdollars(f): 7:29am On Feb 11
RIP to him. Maybe if he had stayed for the Access Bank marathon here in Nigeria instead of Super Bowl...just maybe

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by bennybuhari: 7:56am On Feb 11
He was an Ibori boy. He also made Pinnick and many others. Rest in power Herbert

11 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by slivertongue: 8:20am On Feb 11
His man. Without the fourth republic some of them wouldn't have had such wealth they display

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by slivertongue: 8:21am On Feb 11
nairavsdollars:
RIP to him. Maybe if he had stayed for the Access Bank marathon here in Nigeria instead of Super Bowl...just maybe

hmmm

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by BigDawsNet: 8:22am On Feb 11
May his soul and other family/friend rest in peace...

We came empty, we return empty!
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by adesegun121(m): 8:23am On Feb 11
Ok
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by Skillsnigeria: 8:23am On Feb 11
Hmmm
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by coputa(m): 8:24am On Feb 11
bennybuhari:
He was an Ibori boy. He also made Pinnick and many others. Rest in power Herbert
And Tony Elumelu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by o123456789(m): 8:24am On Feb 11
No matter your position in life always put smiles on the faces of others, make yourself a God fearing role model, because our last breath can't be timed.
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by BarrElChapo(m): 8:26am On Feb 11
Tragedies happen to us all. Rest in peace to the Wigwes’
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by tefund(m): 8:26am On Feb 11
slivertongue:

hmmm
Too much much money de worry del!

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by AntiChristian: 8:26am On Feb 11
embarassed
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by Caphive: 8:35am On Feb 11
bennybuhari:

Now I see the link, no wonder Access Bank was able to but over a bigger bank (intercontinental bank)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by bewla(m): 8:43am On Feb 11
Rip
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by LillyandDaisy: 8:45am On Feb 11
Now I understand

4 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by tishbite43: 8:48am On Feb 11
Politics and banking
The enemies of Nigerian development

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by owolabi5: 8:54am On Feb 11
cool
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by finallybusy: 9:16am On Feb 11
I only knew of him yesterday.

4 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by FireUpNow(m): 9:17am On Feb 11
RIP
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by treatise: 9:50am On Feb 11
Caphive:

Now I see the link, no wonder Access Bank was able to but over a bigger bank (intercontinental bank)
I tire. Nigeria is an open mafia club

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by joefelin2345: 9:57am On Feb 11
hisexcellency34:

https://independent.ng/helicopter-crash-ibori-commiserates-with-wigwe-family
What about others that died in the ill fated heli? Are they not human being as well? Do they also not have family & loved ones for God's sake? Why are they also not being mourned? Should it be a case of ... when beggars die, there are no comets seen.....? My thoughts any way but I come in peace. RIP to all that died. May our good God console their families & loved ones.

5 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by twilliamx(m): 10:04am On Feb 11
By hiding money for corrupt politicians like you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by bennybuhari: 10:13am On Feb 11
Did he know the pilots? He only greeted the person he knows. Shikena
joefelin2345:
What about others that died in the ill fated heli? Are they not human being as well? Do they also not have family & loved ones for God's sake? Why are they also not being mourned? Should it be a case of ... when beggars die, there are no comets seen.....? My thoughts any way but I come in peace. RIP to all that died. May our good God console their families & loved ones.

1 Like

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by Enemyofpeace: 10:26am On Feb 11
So says an ex convinct

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by Dyfynezz12(m): 10:55am On Feb 11
Am sure Wigwe helped him in hiding the billions he stole

3 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by Unperturbed2024: 11:41am On Feb 11
God will help us!
Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by biafranrealson: 12:19pm On Feb 11
Beware when an armed robber is hailing and praising you.

2 Likes

Re: Wigwe Transformed Banking Sector, Was A Role Model To Many - Ibori by YorubaKing: 12:34pm On Feb 11
Useless, disgusting Pig like Ibori talking...

E no go well for Ibori and all his supporters and family members! 😡

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unemployed Youths And Students Stop Uduaghan Birth Day Celebration Shut Warri / Importance Of The Word "Less" In Nigeria / Nigeria Does Not Have 100m Destitute – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.