Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? (12641 Views)

See What Football Legend, Ronaldinho Looks Like Now (photos) / Ruth Okafor: Referee Saves Player's Life During Football Match. Photos / Referee Kills Player In Malawi During A Football Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by youngblaq: 3:50pm On Feb 11
motionarena:
Chelsea v Barca Champions League 2012 semi final
This match had my heart in my mouth at every second 😂 grin

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Isakazz: 3:50pm On Feb 11
Barcelona vs Arsenal finals in Stade de France, Paris, in 2006 where Barca won 2-1. Was so painful.

3 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Bullman(m): 3:50pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008

Nigeria vs Senegal,
Mali 2002.
God punish Wilson oruma,
Baba miss penalty begin laugh de spit like serpent.

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by seunny4lif(m): 3:51pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs Cameroun AFCON Final 2000
Nigeria vs Tunisia semi-final 2004
Man Utd vs Bayern Champions League Final 1999
Nigeria vs Arg 2005 Final U20.(They robbed Nigeria)
Nigeria vs South Africa SM 2023 AFCON
Nigeria vs Spain WC 1998
All Man Utd matches since 2023 till now
Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final)

In short, anytime Nigeria Team are playing qualifying matches
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by abobote: 3:54pm On Feb 11
Man United vs Barcelona. 2009 champions league final

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by lawrenzooo: 3:54pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
I have watched several tough matches that caused tension, but the one I can bring out is Chelsea VS Man united (Champions League Final) 2008
My heart literally stopped working for some few seconds when Cristiano Missed his spot kick. Same day i stopped taking football seriously for my health sake. I was in front of the TV from 11am watching highlights and commentary till when the match was over. I just knew I wouldn't survive such tension.

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by zeenaman: 3:54pm On Feb 11
Arsenal Vs Barca in 2006, then Argentina Vs France 2022. I lost both
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by AlabiKILLER2021(m): 3:54pm On Feb 11
Chelsea vs Man u

Ucl final

Terry missed pk

I no eat that night

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Germi9: 3:58pm On Feb 11
Its the upcoming one by 9pm
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Ubdavis(m): 3:59pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021

Everything was explicitly stated.
.. I wonder the question?

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by spencekat(m): 4:00pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
Same here.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by just4fun(m): 4:03pm On Feb 11
Super Eagles Vs Banana Banana......

Didn't you hear that billionaires died ??
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by spencekat(m): 4:04pm On Feb 11
Man United V Chelsea UCL final.Adulthood has helped me to overgrow that stage.

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Crowntop94: 4:05pm On Feb 11
banjicom:

Do you mean man united or man city? Because the cup was won by chelsea in 2020/2021
so you don't know Chelsea and man utd play champions league final right ? You are still small then or maybe they never gave birth to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Shinzokiyotake(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11
Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid champions league final
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by TemmyT002(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11
Many vs Chelsea
Champions League Final
Omooo. Since the last day, I no watch penalties again
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by clockwisereport: 4:08pm On Feb 11
As arsenal fan wey I be, nothing dey move me. i don see 99, wetin be 100
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Popesuccess(m): 4:08pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
Argentina vs france. I Really wanted messi to win the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by okezuoemmanue(m): 4:11pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs South Africa (afcon 2024)
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by ThierryJay: 4:15pm On Feb 11
Easily Argentina vs France WC final 2022. The swap in emotions from joy to anguish to relief then disbelief and finally ecstasy was incredible!

Liverpool vs Barca 2019 was a very bad one for me. But it was more of sadness than tension cos firstly I didnt believe we could allow lightning strike twice in less than a year and then Liverpool struck quickly in succession in the second half to wipe off Barca's advantage so the tension was brief but replaced by hopelessness.

5 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by valentineuwakwe(m): 4:16pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs South Africa afcon 2024 semi finals
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Chinaza06: 4:22pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
As inn ehn
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by bouncin04(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11
Argentina 🇦🇷 vs France 🇫🇷 FIFA 2022 world cup final .
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Realdeals(m): 4:26pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs Brazil, Atlanta 96 Olympics

I was a teen then, but was shaking under the duvet, sleep no gree come.

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Jandminded: 4:26pm On Feb 11
oweniwe:

Bayern vs Chelsea ucl final

Chelsea vs Barcelona orevbo angry

Chelsea vs Barcelona, orevbo deserved jail term.

That iniesta late goal.

That was the first and last time i cried over football, tears of pain literally flowed down my cheek.

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by DARLINGTON869(m): 4:28pm On Feb 11
I will never forget Chelsea vs Manu champions league final in 2008. TERRY GBA KAI NA!

2 Likes

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by femi4: 4:29pm On Feb 11
ebubeson:
Nothing compares to

Chelsea Barcelona 2012 (2nd leg) semi final
Chelsea Bayern 2012 final

Those two matches are incredible

1 Like

Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by abysirius(m): 4:35pm On Feb 11
France vs Argentina, Qatar 2023 World Final
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Maobichek: 4:36pm On Feb 11
JoshTim:
2006 uefa champions league final between liverpool and milan, 2022 world cup final between argentina and france

Istanbul war was the worst for me because i supported AC Milan.

No match attracted tension like 2005 Champions league finals between AC Milan and Liverpool.
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by Bullfallo(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11
Nigeria vs Argentina. Atlanta 1996
Re: What Football Match Gave You The Highest Tension? by tosyne2much(m): 4:38pm On Feb 11
France Vs Argentina 2022 FIFA World Cup final

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Managers Who Are Nice End Up As Puppets- Mourinho / Which Of The Games Were Your Favourite In The Just Concluded AFCON? / 12 African Coaches Who Won AFCON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.