Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings (965 Views)

5 Things You Must Stop Doing To Improve Your Social Media Security. / 10 Ways To Improve Your Alexa Ranking / Samurai-x Effect: 6 Ways To Lower Down Your Alexa Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings by MyneWhite1(f): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2011
I had found out about both Pagerank and Alexa earlier this year. Google Pagerank measures the reputation of your site based on the weight it gets via search engines and is ranked between 1 and 10, the bigger the better. Alexa ranks your place among other sites based on traffic and other indicators and the closer you are to 1, the better. When I first checked, I was happy with my Pagerank 4 (both nairaland and Bellanaija are also 4).

With Alexa, at first I thought 1.5million was also OK, but when I compared the ranking of some other naija sites, it became obvious that I was missing something. Nairaland is 1k, Bellanaija and Linda Ikeji are around 10k. As I monitored,, I saw some new websites shoot straight to less than 200k in a week, and with virtually a tenth of my traffic. What was going on? What was the secret?

Among other things, you need to instal the Alexa toolbar. Read the full article.

http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2011/11/secret-for-improved-alexa-ranking.html
Re: How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings by yawatide(f): 10:36pm On Nov 09, 2011
The last time I checked (I read it in some article, dating back to 2008), the google page rank you see for your site is not the actual rank. In other words, what you see today is what was actually the case some time ago.

My point:
Don't rely on google page rank
Re: How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings by MyneWhite1(f): 1:50am On Nov 10, 2011
Maybe the article you read has expired? Google rank is very solid

Alexa is more problematic because it relies on toolbars.
Re: How To Improve Your Alexa Blog and Site Rankings by MyneWhite1(f): 5:24pm On Nov 10, 2011
Those with better knowledge, I'll like to hear too.

(1) (Reply)

Free Domain & Free Hosting / A Creativity Web Designer/ Programmer Required / What Do Nigerians Search The Net For Apart From Free Stuffs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.