Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? (11396 Views)

South Africans Attack Chippa United Boss After Declaring Support For Nwabali / Frank Lampard, Expected To Stay As Interim Coach Until The End Of The Season / Okocha Consoling Crying Kanu After 2000 Nations Cup Final Loss (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Jaysnowkid: 7:35pm On Feb 13
He should be shown the exit door Asap. He's not well equipped to take the Super Eagles to the kind of height that's befitting of us.
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by unmask: 7:39pm On Feb 13
Felimax:
A very good coach!
It will take another 20 years to have another one or one better than him.

Some Nigerians are too backward in thinking.
How can you call a proponent of negative football a good coach? It's like a lot of you just watch football for football sake.

You are probably a Chelsea fan
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by lexy2014: 8:15pm On Feb 13
AngelicBeing:
Ok, if you ask me this same question again, within 72 hours, we shall initiate a fresh DSS arrest for you and a notification mail will be sent to Aljazeera organization in Qatar shocked
did you look for the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

how was it ordained to happen?
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by AngelicBeing: 8:22pm On Feb 13
lexy2014:
did you look for the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Aljazeera has acknowledge the mail and ask us to allow them send a query to you, so fingers crossed shocked
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by lexy2014: 8:24pm On Feb 13
AngelicBeing:
Aljazeera has acknowledge the mail and ask us to allow them send a query to you, so fingers crossed shocked

did u look for the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by AngelicBeing: 8:28pm On Feb 13
lexy2014:

did u look for the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Fingers crossed, let me respectfully allow Aljazeera organization to issue you a serious query shocked
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by lexy2014: 8:38pm On Feb 13
AngelicBeing:
Fingers crossed, let me respectfully allow Aljazeera organization to issue you a serious query shocked

did you look 4 the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by blueAgent(m): 9:45pm On Feb 13
elpochas:
Each Coach has adm different type of game plan.we all know the special one as a defensive minded coach.The likes of Kloop is know for his pressing style of football and high defensive line.Ferguson was known for his attacking and wing play.Guadula and wanger are known for tikitaka.We also hv sarri ball.Just to mention a few for u.U can chat me up privately for more.

You don dey use football, dey find free pussy.

Bad guy grin grin grin
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Bluntemperor: 9:49pm On Feb 13
No,he should go !
How can you play defensive throughout, even on the final day!
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Testimony1988(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13
He should go, I don't like his tactics.
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by BALLOSKI: 3:39am On Feb 14
Seagodess:
See..we are no longer in the era of tikitaka.. all we need is you keep winning anyhow you do it.. this is Best outing we've had in 11 years if iam correct.. he should scout for a creative midfielder before the qualifiers.. either from our league or anywhere and keep working with this team.. the boys understood him already. Arsenal have not won any major trophy with thier useless tikitaka while Chelsea has two champions league with thier direct play. Let's continue with him
Gbam!

Having exceeded expectation, he should be retained, but the contract should set a target for him to meet.
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by yinkeys(m): 9:12am On Feb 14
He should go
His Mourinho or Conte brand of football wouldn’t get us to the next level
Although there are so many positives and lessons the next coach can incorporate
Hopefully they get the World Cup ticket
A Nigerian coach with a better cv prior to Peseiro winning silver
We need a few more hungry NPFL boys in the team
Peseiro wasted money and time watching NPFL players but didn’t choose one
He also said it was NFF that suggested Nwabali
There are good NPFL right backs and left backs better than Osayi Samuel or S. Onyaemachi for example but they’ve not gotten the opportunity because they don’t know anyone in the glass house or they don’t play in Europe
No foreigner knows our problems better than a Nigerian expert
Thé job should be given to a Nigerian coach or expert that can solve problems
Can’t imagine we’ve been struggling to get a good goalie since 2018
We just found one in 2024 after so many personnel errors in the past
A local coach would know what’s going on with Nigerian players locally & internationally
Keshi’s model should be adopted
Grooming a local side as base and then when there’s serious business he can pick from them whenever you can’t find a European based player that’s good enough
Can’t believe Not a single NPFL player is good enough to make the list. And Nwabali whose a product of it made us proud
We have over a million footballers in Nigeria so not one could make the team. It’s ridiculous we don’t value home based because they’ve got no connections
Quality over Europe based
Why is Sodiq Ismail not in the super eagles ?
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by MonTaNa92: 11:21am On Feb 14
Leave am make him dey talk rubbish..
lexy2014:

since you are forward thinking, how is Peseiro a very good coach?

why and how will it take Nigeria another 20years to have another coach better than him?
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by elpochas: 11:50am On Feb 14
blueAgent:

You don dey use football, dey find free pussy.

Bad guy grin grin grin
Sharp guy concern na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Gajagojo: 11:57am On Feb 14
nkemjacob2:
Yes he should stay.

Sacking coach doesn't solve issues.

We done too sack
I won't sack him because of result . In fact if he had won I would still advocate his sack. For two reasons
First his style of play does not enthral me
Second we should not emphasise results. That is like being clean on the surface with a dirty pant under.
We should emphasize development of our local players and coaches.
Coaching is part of football not just players so I would prefer a rule not just Nigeria but every where .only use your own coaches. That is part of it otherwise one day we will start to have international player transfer.
We are not watching our local.Game or creating space for local coaches

Keshi won AFCON how did we treat him?
Not only did Keshi win,he played our style and he used home based players

Rather than focus on winning anything we should develop a 30_year national football plan and strategy. So that football actually generates money in Nigeria.
Once there is money everything else will folow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Kinzo0917(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14
spiSeyi:

He was the one who Tanzania to their first AFCON and took them to the 2nd round for the first time

How does that translate to achievement?

What has he won as a coach?

Google how many times he has been fired from his job
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by AngelicBeing: 6:44pm On Feb 14
lexy2014:

did you look 4 the meaning of it on google before you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Your Apology sent to my email has been received and I have decided to let go again but don't pull this stunt again ooo and come back sending me apology mail oo , otherwise you go lose your Aljazeera job oosad
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by lexy2014: 6:57pm On Feb 14
AngelicBeing:
Your Apology sent to my email has been received and I have decided to let go again but don't pull this stunt again ooo and come back sending me apology mail oo , otherwise you go lose your Aljazeera job oosad

did you look 4 the meaning of it on google b4 you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by AngelicBeing: 7:06pm On Feb 14
lexy2014:

did you look 4 the meaning of it on google b4 you claimed "Ordained to happen"?

shocked

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Tesenak20: 12:45pm On Feb 15
Kinzo0917:

What has Amunike even won in coaching self aside u17.

Amunike this , Amunike that…

He has been fired from his job so many times

Now he is clubless. If he is that good, why has no club or a country national team hired him?

To me, the best Nigeria 🇳🇬 coach is
S
A
M
S
O
N
SIASIA

If he has served his ban, he should be appointed
[b]Hmmm.
Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Tesenak20: 1:25pm On Feb 15
I THINK JOSE PESEIRO SHOULD STAY. BUILDING IS A PROCESS.
WE MOVED FROM 43RD IN THE WORLD TO 28TH IN FIFA RANKINGS AND THAT IS QUITE COMMENDABLE.

WE NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO RELEASE FUNDS ON TIME TO THE NFF AND GIVE PESEIRO A FREE HAND TO OPERATE.
HIS NIGERIAN ASSISTANTS SHOULD BE TASKED WITH CALLING UP HOME BASED PLAYERS OR AFRICAN BASED PLAYERS GOOD ENOUGH TO JOSTLE FOR POSITIONS IN THE NATIONAL TEAM.

GRADE A AND B FRIENDLIES SHOULD BE ORGANIZED FOR THE SUPER EAGLES.

GRADE B SHOULD INCLUDE FRIENDLIES WITH THE LIKES OF DR CONGO, CAPE VERDE, MALI, SENEGAL, MOROCCO AND EGYPT.
WHEN PLAYING GRADE B FRIENDLIES WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PARADE 40% HOME-BASED/AFRICAN BASED CONTENT.

Re: AFCON 2023: Should Jose Peseiro Stay As Super Eagles Boss After Final Loss? by Tesenak20: 1:43pm On Feb 15
Tesenak20:
I THINK JOSE PESEIRO SHOULD STAY. BUILDING IS A PROCESS.
WE MOVED FROM 43RD IN THE WORLD TO 28TH IN FIFA RANKINGS AND THAT IS QUITE COMMENDABLE.

WE NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO RELEASE FUNDS ON TIME TO THE NFF AND GIVE PESEIRO A FREE HAND TO OPERATE.
HIS NIGERIAN ASSISTANTS SHOULD BE TASKED WITH CALLING UP HOME BASED PLAYERS OR AFRICAN BASED PLAYERS GOOD ENOUGH TO JOSTLE FOR POSITIONS IN THE NATIONAL TEAM.

GRADE A AND B FRIENDLIES SHOULD BE ORGANIZED FOR THE SUPER EAGLES.

GRADE B SHOULD INCLUDE FRIENDLIES WITH THE LIKES OF DR CONGO, CAPE VERDE, MALI, SENEGAL, MOROCCO AND EGYPT.
WHEN PLAYING GRADE B FRIENDLIES WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PARADE 40% HOME-BASED/AFRICAN BASED CONTENT.

THIS IMPLIES THAT WE KNOW THAT WE MUST BE ABLE TO CHURN 1 BEST HOME BASED GOAL KEEPER, 3 BEST HOME BASED DEFENDERS, 3 BEST HOME BASED MIDFIELDERS AND 2 BEST HOME BASED ATTACKERS IN EVERY 23 PLAYERS INVITED PER TIME.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Beat South Africa 1 - 0 In Women's Football Olympic Qualifiers / French Open 2019: WTA / Super Falcons Loss In The WAFCON What Is The Way Forward?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.