Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,698 members, 7,816,855 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor (13153 Views)

God Has Blessed My Family We Don't Need Nigeria's Wealth - Tinubu's Wife / Death Of COAS: ‘A Lot Of Changes Are Coming In Our Country Very Soon’, Says FFK / Buhari: Few People In 5 States Control Nigeria’s Wealth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by alt3r3g0: 6:45am On Feb 13
Very poor but you can "start with #500 million first" for 37 people...continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by HugoBoss10(m): 6:46am On Feb 13
Is this a new trick
Squander their common wealth and convince them that their country is so poor. And life goes on.
I promise you that soon it's not going to be business as usual cool cool

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Bizibi(m): 6:48am On Feb 13
Kenochi:
Let me completely align myself with Mr Bayo Onanuga,Nigeria is a very poor country in reality but materially and potentially a very rich country
But the question is why are we poor in the midst of wealth and why are we crying for water despite being in the midst of so much to drink

The answer I daresay is our fear to break out of this Ratrace we have found ourselves as a people
Our leaders know the problems but are not willing to go the whole hog to solve it
This idea of holding ourselves back because we want to develop together is one of the absurb things that we have foisted on ourselves
Until we break the chain of being bound together and begin to allow communities to own what they produce and send taxes to the federal government,then we are not ready to get out of this so called poverty
When we are ready as a people to start this journey,that is when the poverty of our people will end
the country is rich....money made from igr is enough to do something,just igr alone not from crude oil alone. Forget this bayo talk.

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by BabaO2: 6:50am On Feb 13
Tolumiide:
APC can only produce excuses. The same APC complained about 16 years of PDP misrule.
I think they want to equal PDP 16 years record
listen to facts coming out, this is the only government trying to do things differently away from the usually packaged and padded economy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by bluefilm: 6:51am On Feb 13
Nonsense Agbado talk

You thought government and power is all about grabbing it and running away with it?

Now reality don dey catch up

You don dey make excuses for your incompetence, every now and then

Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Procashtips(m): 6:54am On Feb 13
So we are suddenly poor but one politician can steal billions at a go?

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:54am On Feb 13
Yes you are correct

But the most painful, wicked part of the whole shit that you fail to tell us is that the small wealth that the country manage to have is held by just a handful ✋ of persons!

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Fortuneed(m): 6:54am On Feb 13
The answer I daresay is our fear to break out of this Ratrace we have found ourselves as a people
Our leaders know the problems but are not willing to go the whole hog to solve it
This idea of holding ourselves back because we want to develop together is one of the absurb things that we have foisted on ourselves
Until we break the chain of being bound together and begin to allow communities to own what they produce and send taxes to the federal government,then we are not ready to get out of this so called poverty

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Procashtips(m): 6:55am On Feb 13
Nigeria is very poor but our politicians are one of the highest paid in the world.

Make me understand.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Procashtips(m): 6:56am On Feb 13
We are poor now but before election, we were rich right?

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by maestro299: 6:59am On Feb 13
Kenochi:
Let me completely align myself with Mr Bayo Onanuga,Nigeria is a very poor country in reality but materially and potentially a very rich country
But the question is why are we poor in the midst of wealth and why are we crying for water despite being in the midst of so much to drink

When we are ready as a people to start this journey,that is when the poverty of our people will end
I agree.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by BabaO2: 6:59am On Feb 13
Bizibi:
the country is rich....money made from igr is enough to do something,just igr alone not from crude oil alone. Forget this bayo talk.
it depends on your exposure.
Igr, everything combined, you struggle to finance an annual budget of $40b why South africa has a budget of $150b.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by umobile: 7:03am On Feb 13
We should reflect this in our salary and spending on public officers and block all loopholes for stealing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Bizibi(m): 7:04am On Feb 13
BabaO2:

Igr, everything combined, you struggle to finance an annual budget of $40b why South africa has a budget of $150b.
it is not hearsay if the government want to raise 20b dollars they can make it happen without borrowing the big problem is corruption,that is the major problem in the system. I know what I am saying because I know what happened in the last administration.

If anybody tells you nigeria is poor,na lie..... the loopholes are many in the system.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Sochieke: 7:06am On Feb 13
Nigeria is actually poor, the issue is when Nigerians hear 1 trillion naira, the think its a huge amount, its actually not for a country of 200 million, 1 trillion naira is equivalent to a billion dollars, some major companies make that in a day not "countries" just companies. The country needs other sources of income, oil isn't enough for such a huge population, even if they were producing Russia and Saudi levels of oil which they dont and can't.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Brushstrokes20: 7:12am On Feb 13
👀👀Yes o!... So poor that your legisLOOTERS recently acquired 180 million state of the arts bullet proof jeeps and suvs each,😏
So poor that your president recently acquired 5 billion luxurious yacht etc......😏
# useless govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS!
# àwon ole, jegudu jera, odara olosha, mashanfani eda gbogbo!
# only bloodthirsty Khaki boys can salvage the situation 💯

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by patrickcollins: 7:18am On Feb 13
HeatSeeker:
The bitter truth 😔
yet they go about budgeting billions for themselves and for their luxury

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Tayorshd87: 7:22am On Feb 13
christistruth01:
That is a Lie

Nigeria has one of the biggest Gas Reserves in the world

The German President wasn’t in Nigeria to Play

If Nigeria was poor how could so many Politicians afford their kids to school in the UK at the

Rate of £20,000 per annum Per Child?

U dont understand then leave d thread
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by nigeriansamurai(m): 7:28am On Feb 13
[quote author=HeatSeeker post=128426712]The bitter truth
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by BabaO2: 7:29am On Feb 13
Bizibi:
it is not hearsay if the government want to raise 20b dollars they can make it happen without borrowing the big problem is corruption,that is the major problem in the system. I know what I am saying because I know what happened in the last administration.

If anybody tells you nigeria is poor,na lie..... the loopholes are many in the system.
I agree with you 💯.
It is a systemic issue and many loopholes.
The major loopholes is the nnpc which I believe has been recently plugged, we wait to see the outcome.
Another loophole, is the national assembly spending, I don't know who can stop that one, except revolution within themselves or a sponsored one from the masses
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by kay29000(m): 7:38am On Feb 13
Nigeria is not poor, far from it..the only thing you can say is that we're not very rich when you compare our oil wealth with our population/mouths to feed. So much dead weight in the country.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Brushstrokes20: 7:41am On Feb 13
👀👀Brainlessness is the minimum requirement / qualification to be part of this useless govt 😜😜😂😂🤣🤣😁😁😀💯💯

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Fortuneed(m): 7:44am On Feb 13
This is the reality on ground but our politicians knows this and i believe they are trying to milk it dry as much as possible before we all get to know the truth.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by emonis88: 7:45am On Feb 13
Bayo In Ononuga has bn one of most vocal in this govt. He was one of the people who were after d Igbos in Lagos, telling Igbos to leave Lagos. Now he is coming out to say Nigeria is poor, poor because ur principal has mismanaged the country in just 8 months. Buhari destroyed the country, Tinubu has continued to make things worst, n all Mr Bayo can say is this? But u chase ur fellow country men away from a region cus of power to rule d so called poor country? I think there is something he is not telling Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by nigeriansamurai(m): 7:46am On Feb 13
BabaO2:

why do you think that Nigeria struggle to finace such a budget? take a look at revenue generating structures in Nigeria as of the 1900 how many are even half as active as they are today(except petroleum). Nigeria was the major supplier of many agricultural products in the world, palm, cocoa, cassava, plantain, yam etc agro sector was regulated and managed by the government, thus extra revenue. But today how much does the government make from these sectors? Just last week i and a friend saw people selling imported fish NEAR WATERSIDE and we where laughing at the irony, we even import what we have, so how we go see revenue. bro no be today, in fact we are poor i agree, but if Nigeria wants to rule Africa na over night something.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by skj1377(m): 7:47am On Feb 13
Nigeria is rich. Your the person with poor ideas. You don't deserve to be in government

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by kay29000(m): 7:48am On Feb 13
JAMO84:
Nigeria 2024 budget : $40b Population - 200m

South Africa 2024 budget $150b Population 60m

The only reason why we think we are rich is because, our Politicians live large on our meager resources, otherwise, Nigeria is poorer than a church rat.

Exactly what i tell people when they compare us to other oil producing countries. They'll say see Saudi Arabia...see Qatar...we don't have the amount of oil those countries have, and we also can't compare our populations. Saudi Arabia population is 35 million, and Qatar population is just 2 million...Nigerian population is 100 times the population of Qatar.

We have too many mouths to feed on our oil welath, not to mention the men that have 9-10 kids that they can't feed...dead weight.
Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Livesradio(m): 8:01am On Feb 13
Nigeria is poor and government official are leaving large, we have close to 50 minister our ligislator and collecting different form of allocation. Poor my foot. Mismanagement.

2 Likes

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by Ifyz0001: 8:08am On Feb 13
When they finish their tenure you will hear the trillion they all embezzled.

Wicked people!!

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by kay29000(m): 8:20am On Feb 13
phorget:
First of all I think Nigeria should control her population first but unfortunately some people will see it as a fight against their religion or culture.

So true. I always look at some people were I stay, they don't have money, yet they keep having kids...5,6,7,8...and they don't have means to take care of these kids...so much dead weight in the country.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by themanderon: 8:33am On Feb 13
Overestimated but they are busy buying cars worth millions for themselves and living lavish lifestyles at the expense of the ever poor and docile people of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Bayo Onanuga: Nigeria’s Wealth Overestimated, Country Very Poor by themanderon: 8:36am On Feb 13
kay29000:

Exactly what i tell people when they compare us to other oil producing countries. They'll say see Saudi Arabia...see Qatar...we don't have the amount of oil those countries have, and we also can't compare our populations. Saudi Arabia population is 35 million, and Qatar population is just 2 million...Nigerian population is 100 times the population of Qatar.

We have too many mouths to feed on our oil welath, not to mention the men that have 9-10 kids that they can't feed...dead weight.

You are now shifting the blame from the years of mismanagement, misrule and corruption of our leaders to the people? No wonder politicians will continue to take docile and easily manipulated Nigerians for fools.

Apc was supposedly elected to work to better the lives of the people but they have taken it upon themselves to keep giving untenable excuses upon excuses. If the job is too hard for them let them resign and get their stinking bodies out of power but they won't do it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biafran Struggle Through The Eyes Of Julius Nyerere. / Akiolu, Oniru Warn Sanwo-olu: Beware Of Traitors In Your Midst / ‘You’re The Criminal Not Nnamdi Kanu’ – MASSOB Fires Back At Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.