Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,765 members, 7,831,456 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO (1614 Views)

Tinubu Picks Dr Akindele Egbuwalo As Acting CEO Of NSIPA / NGX Group Names Temi Popoola As Gmd/CEO Designate, Chiemeka As Acting CEO Of NGX / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by LegendHero(m): 1:31am On Feb 13
Access Holdings Plc on Monday announced the appointment of Ms. Bolaji Agbede as the Acting Group Chief Executive Officer.

This follows the death of its former Group Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Herbert Wigwe.

Wigwe died in a helicopter crash alongside his wife, son, and a former chairman of the Nigeria Exchange Group, Abimboloa Ogunbanjo on Friday

A statement made by the company’s Board of Directors and dated February 12, 2024, stated that the appointment was subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria

“Further to its announcement dated February 11, 2024, the Board of Directors of Access Holdings Plc (‘the Company’) has today announced the appointment of Ms Bolaji Agbede as the Acting Group Chief Executive Officer of the Company following the unfortunate demise of its former Group Chief Executive Officer, Dr Herbert Wigwe, on February 9, 2024.

“The appointment is subject to the approval of the Central Bank of Nigeria,” the statement read in part.

Agbede who joined Access Bank in 2003 as an Assistant General, has nearly three decades of professional experience cutting across banking and business consultancy services.

She served in different roles at the bank including, Head, Group Human Resources between 2010 and 2022 before she was appointed the company’s founding Executive Director, Business Support in 2022, a role she held until her new appointment

She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics and Statistics from the University of Lagos and a Masters of Business Administration Degree from Cranfield University UK in 2002.

She is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Management UK and the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria.

https://punchng.com/breaking-access-holdings-names-bolaji-agbede-as-acting-ceo/

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by aariwa(m): 1:34am On Feb 13
I hope she doesn’t collapse access bank like Emilokan collapse Nigeria

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Nbote(m): 1:35am On Feb 13
And life goes on and on and on...

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by ojun50(m): 1:35am On Feb 13
See life
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 1:36am On Feb 13
Wow so fast
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by LegendHero(m): 1:36am On Feb 13
aariwa:

They know she has the brain which explained why they did not choose one of the loudmouthed barbariansss.

No be person wey get brain go handle a big holding like that?

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by LegendHero(m): 1:39am On Feb 13
This life get as e be. One person die another don take over the seat. If this one die tomorrow now, another person go take over.

Aside family, no one give a damnm about anybody in this life. The moment you leave, you get replaced instantly.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by aariwa(m): 1:41am On Feb 13
LegendHero:

They know she has the brain which explained why they did not choose one of the loudmouthed barbariansss.

No be person wey get brain go handle a big bank like that?
I wouldn’t know whether she is a big mouthed Babarian or not , none of my business but I saw she has only a masters degree as her highest qualification and no further training or certifications…similar to cardoso disaster that ruined the naira with only a first degree and membership of 30 social clubs

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 1:41am On Feb 13
aariwa:

There is a difference between access bank and access holdings , the bank is being run by Roosevelt ogbonna and the holdings was run by Herbert wigwe. The holdings encompasses all other auxiliary businesses like insurance, stocks etc.

I don't really think Herbert groomed a successor , this woman is not looking fit , no background accomplishments, no credentials, just out of the blues

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by aariwa(m): 1:44am On Feb 13
kettykin:

There is a difference between access bank and access holdings , the bank is being run by Roosevelt ogbonna and the holdings was run by Herbert wigwe. The holdings encompasses all other auxiliary businesses like insurance, stocks etc.

I don't really think Herbert groomed a successor , this woman is not looking fit , no background accomplishments, no credentials, just out of the blues

thanks for the intelligent and enlightened response. My fear is now allayed

9 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by LegendHero(m): 1:45am On Feb 13
aariwa:
I wouldn’t know whether she is a big mouthed Babarian or not , none of my business but I saw she has only a masters degree as her highest qualification and no further training or certifications…similar to cardoso disaster that ruined the naira with only a first degree and membership of 30 social clubs

You should have taken this great info about her to the board meeting. Probably they can just appoint someone from your village with PhD, don’t you think so?

Cardoso is doing just what is needed. Tinubu already mentioned it in all his campaign that he’s gonna float the naira. But since una dey doctor him speeches, you never had time to listen which explained why lot of you are still in shock.

You see that naira, it will continue to float until it finds it level.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by AfonjaEkiti: 1:59am On Feb 13
Thank God she is a woman who is responsible.

Not one foolish tribalistic nama who APC have used for ritual

before you know it he will turn the bank to All progressive loan bank
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Forkthiefnubu: 2:03am On Feb 13
aariwa:
You noticed that ,another palm oil soup skidded ride to the top

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by searchng4love: 2:05am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Nonsense talk. She's CEO Access Corporation/Holding owners of Access Bank

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Confirmedzombie: 2:10am On Feb 13
Another SW man, why not SE. This administration only favouring SW.

Its the turn of the SE based on federal character.

I condemn this appointment, I condemn it, I condemn it, I condemn it

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 2:11am On Feb 13
searchng4love:

Nonsense talk. She's CEO Access Bank Group.

Look at this joker, you think you can wake up and just appoint any fellow as the ceo of access bank ?

Please see structure of a holding company that is headed by Nnamdi Okonkwo.
In 2010, the Central Bank of Nigeria revised the regulation covering the scope of banking activities for Nigerian banks. The universal banking model was discontinued, and banks were required to divest from non-core banking businesses or adopt a holding company structure. FirstBank opted to form a holding company, FBN Holdings Plc., to capture synergies across its already established banking and non-banking businesses. The new structure resulted in a stronger platform to support the group's future growth ambitions domestically and internationally.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by searchng4love: 2:12am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Look at this joker, you think you can wake up and just appoint any fellow as the ceo of access bank ?
Check out the structure of the Access Corporation. She's in charge!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 2:15am On Feb 13
searchng4love:

The holding company handles non core banking business of the access group like pension, investment, stocks, insurance. The core banking business is not distracted by the non core banking business of the group.

Just talk to an investor who has more than 20 years in the market place and you will understand it better.

Access bank is too big and systemic for the lady, if you handover the bank to her , investors and depositors will pull out tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by aariwa(m): 2:20am On Feb 13
LegendHero:

You should have taken this great info about her to the board meeting. Probably they can just appoint someone from your village with PhD, don’t you think so?

Cardoso is doing just what is needed. Tinubu already mentioned it in all his campaign that he’s gonna float the naira. But since una dey doctor him speeches, you never had time to listen which explained why lot of you are still in shock.

You see that naira, it will continue to float until it finds it level.
why would they appoint someone in my village when they never applied for the job? In my village we believe in hardwork, competition, fairness, progress and giving in your best and not tribalism because we don’t know what it actually means or Emilokan which I understand to mean sectionalism. I love your wonderful optimism but I prefer optimism backed by plan , acumen and hardwork. Keep up with your optimism, love it

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by hansomb: 2:20am On Feb 13
Always remember your Akhira, no matter what, don't joke with your daily salat. This life will move on with or without you. The enjoyment of this life is nothing but a beautiful lie.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Franklyspeakin: 2:21am On Feb 13
Nature abhors vacuum. Everyone can me easily replaced no matter how relevant you are

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by searchng4love: 2:23am On Feb 13
kettykin:

The holding company handles non core banking business of the access group like pension, investment, stocks, insurance. The core banking business is not distracted by the non core banking business of the group.

Just talk to an investor who has more than 20 years in the market place and you will understand it better.

Access bank is too big and systemic for the lady, if you handover the bank to her , investors and depositors will pull out tomorrow

Why? Now she's in charge and wields all the powers of Wigwe

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by hansomb: 2:25am On Feb 13
Hope she doesn't collapse access bank, like that Igbo man son collapsed Diamond Bank.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 2:44am On Feb 13
kettykin:

You can't be serious.

She's been in leadership position with Access Bank since 2003, over 2 decades, she's a member of the board and she's responsible for many mergers and acquisitions.

Read and educate yourself abeg..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by 123yes(m): 2:52am On Feb 13
One man down, another one up. That is the type of the world we live in. If one door never close, another will never open. No body will say without him the world will collapse
Congratulations madam. I pray that God will give you the needed wisdon to pilot this great task bestowed on you shoulders

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by coputa(m): 2:54am On Feb 13
kettykin:

As an executive director business support she must have gotten an inkling of how things are being done in the holdings
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by LegendHero(m): 2:59am On Feb 13
aariwa:
why would they appoint someone in my village when they never applied for the job? In my village we believe in hardwork, competition, fairness, progress and giving in your best and not tribalism because we don’t know what it actually means or Emilokan which I understand to mean sectionalism. I love your wonderful optimism but I prefer optimism backed by plan , acumen and hardwork. Keep up with your optimism, love it

I don’t even understand your argument.

Are you arguing this lady is not qualified or you’re angry that Tinubu is president?

Emilokan is not sectionalism, it’s is a politician telling the power that be that it is his turn based on the party arrangement. It takes only a bold man like Tinubu to use that word and you can only say that when you’ve done your homework and you’re confident.

No Yoruba man in 2023 can make the same statement “Emilokan” and win. Tinubu won not because he is Yoruba, he won because he is the strongest politician of this era.

If not that some Nigerians get mental problem, I find it hard that people are accusing the SW of tribalism when Tinubu only won less than 60% of the votes while SE that Obi won 90+% of the votes is not tribalism.

I sometimes think anyone that lay claim to SW being tribalist based on last election result is suffering from chronic delusion.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by optionalY09: 3:02am On Feb 13
That bank is solid no time to check time. Succession plan solid.

a si country suppose to de run

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:03am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Access Holdings is the parent and corporate company while the bank just like many other entities under the holding company is a subsidiary, Access Bank is a subsidiary under access Holdings, meaning the head of Access Bank answers to the CEO of the parent company .

The head of the Bank, Roosevelt Ogbona used to report to the late CEO and he must report to his new boss and the CEO of the parent company, Mrs Agbede.

Was the late CEO under Ogbonna or the other way around?

Mrs Agbede is the new Boss of everything under Access Holdings.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:12am On Feb 13
idealogical:

Access Holdings is the parent and corporate company while the bank just like many other entities under the holding company is a subsidiary, Access Bank is a subsidiary under access Holdings, meaning the head of Access Bank answers to the CEO of the parent company .

The head of the Bank, Roosevelt Ogbona used to report to the late CEO and he must report to his new boss and the CEO of the parent company, Mrs Agbede.

Was the late CEO under Ogbonna or the other way around?

Mrs Agbede is the new Boss of everything under Access Holdings.

Access bank and access holdings which came first or gave birth to the other. Herbert wigwe has been md/ceo of access bank since 2014, he had to step aside 2022 because of cbn policy that requires the ceo of a bank not to stay more than 2 tenures.

Have you asked your self who was Herbert wigwe reporting to when he was the MD of access bank aside the board. Was he reporting to any MD of access holdings prior to 2022?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:19am On Feb 13
searchng4love:

You still don't understand the banking business and structure. Nnamdi Okonkwo is the MD of first bank holdings and not the first bank. Does it mean he runs first bank? Or own it or is in charge of the first bank? He is in charge of the holdings . Understand the concept of holding company first before debating who is in charge of what.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:20am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Access bank and access holdings which came first or gave birth to the other. Herbert wigwe has been md/ceo of access bank since 2014, he had to step aside 2022 because of cbn policy that requires the ceo of a bank not to stay more than 2 tenures.

Have you asked your self who was Herbert wigwe reporting to when he was the MD of access bank aside the board. Was he reporting to any MD of access holdings prior to 2022?

Access Holdings is the parent company. Yes or No.

Access Bank is subsidiary under Access Holdings. Yes or No.

Mrs Agbede is the CEO of Access Holdings. Yes or No.

3 Likes

(1) (2)

Enugu East Local Government Chairman Is Trying (pics) / Can One Man Make A Difference? / Igbinedion: Edo State Indigenes, "Shame On You"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.