Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,515 members, 7,854,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO (1668 Views)

Tinubu Picks Dr Akindele Egbuwalo As Acting CEO Of NSIPA / NGX Group Names Temi Popoola As Gmd/CEO Designate, Chiemeka As Acting CEO Of NGX / Buhari Suspends CJN Walter Onnoghen, Appoints Tanko Muhammed As Acting CJN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:22am On Feb 13
idealogical:

Access Holdings is the parent company. Yes or No.

Access Bank is subsidiary under Access Holdings. Yes or No.

Mrs Agbede is the CEO of Access Holdings. Yes or No.

Nnamdi Okonkwo is the MD of first bank holdings, does it make in charge of the banking business of first bank? Holdings companies are not core banking businesses. Please read why holding companies started
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:29am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Nnamdi Okonkwo is the MD of first bank holdings, does it make in charge of the banking business of first bank? Holdings companies are not core banking businesses. Please read why holding companies started

Holding companies are always the head of the subsidiaries under them, Access Bank is a subsidiary under Access Holding company, Mr Ogbonna reports to the CEO of his parent company and must now report to Mrs Agbede.

Why are you torturing and embarrassing yourself like this? You are not making any sense

Access Bank is just another subsidiary under Access Holdings and he must report to his corporate boss, the CEO of the parent company.

Access Bank is a subsidiary of Access Holding

Period....

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:32am On Feb 13
idealogical:

You can't be serious.

She's been in leadership position with Access Bank since 2003, over 2 decades, she's a member of the board and she's responsible for many mergers and acquisitions.

Read and educate yourself abeg..

Go and check the CEOs of other holding companies
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:33am On Feb 13
idealogical:

Holding companies are always the head of the subsidiaries under them, Access Bank is a subsidiary under Access Holding company, Mr Ogbonna reports to the CE of his parent company and must now report to Mrs Agbede.

Why are you torturing and embarrassing yourself like this? You are not making any sense

Access Bank is just another subsidiary under Access Holdings and he must report to his corporate boss, the CEO of the parent company.

Access Bank is a subsidiary of Access Holding

Period....

In 2010, the Central Bank of Nigeria revised the regulation covering the scope of banking activities for Nigerian banks. The universal banking model was discontinued, and banks were required to divest from non-core banking businesses or adopt a holding company structure. FirstBank opted to form a holding company, FBN Holdings Plc., to capture synergies across its already established banking and non-banking businesses. The new structure resulted in a stronger platform to support the group's future growth ambitions domestically and internationally.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:38am On Feb 13
kettykin:

In 2010, the Central Bank of Nigeria revised the regulation covering the scope of banking activities for Nigerian banks. The universal banking model was discontinued, and banks were required to divest from non-core banking businesses or adopt a holding company structure. FirstBank opted to form a holding company, FBN Holdings Plc., to capture synergies across its already established banking and non-banking businesses. The new structure resulted in a stronger platform to support the group's future growth ambitions domestically and internationally.

What is the meaning of this and what's it got to do with the topic or the fact that Mrs Agbede is now the Boss of Access Group?

If you've ran out of sensible things to say, abeg just move on.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:40am On Feb 13
idealogical:

What is the meaning of this and what's it got to do with the topic or the fact that Mrs Agbede is now the Boss of Access Group?

If you've ran out of sensible things to say, abeg just move on.

if you can't read this and understand the meaning then I rest my case, you can go ahead with your assumptions
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by DrAkpa(m): 3:40am On Feb 13
Hmmn, agbado people will finally bury that bank. What agbado people can do doesn't exist. I won't be surprised if this woman has a hand in the death of Herbert wigwe
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by TopBanter: 3:43am On Feb 13
aariwa:
I hope she doesn’t collapse access bank like Emilokan collapse Nigeria

Bigot . You should be ashamed of yourself.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:45am On Feb 13
kettykin:

if you can't read this and understand the meaning then I rest my case, you can go ahead with your assumptions

Access Holdings Plc on Monday announced the appointment of Ms. Bolaji Agbede as the Acting Group Chief Executive Officer.

This follows the death of its former Group Chief Executive Officer, Dr. Herbert Wigwe.

Seriously, your problem is beyond inability to read and comprehend, read the above quote again if you are capable.

Mrs Agbede is the head of the group while ogbonna is the head of a subsidiary under the group, ogbonna reports to the head of the group that he's under.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 3:47am On Feb 13
idealogical:

Seriously, your problem is beyond inability to read and comprehend, read the above quote again if you are capable.

Mrs Agbede is the head of the group while ogbonna is the head of a subsidiary under the group, ogbonna reports to the head of the group that he's under.

Thank you. I am politely ending your discussion or chat. Thank you
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by TopBanter: 3:49am On Feb 13
DrAkpa:
Hmmn, agbado people will finally bury that bank. What agbado people can do doesn't exist. I won't be surprised if this woman has a hand in the death of Herbert wigwe

You can sit wherever you are drowning in your bigoted delusions.

In the real world, people with talent and ability, especially the professionals and technocrats “agbado people” supply Nigeria far more than all others, will continue to make progress while hopeless bigots continue failing and losing out because of their own impotence and worthlessness.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:52am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Thank you. I am politely ending your discussion or chat. Thank you

Of course, you know you lost the argument from the beginning.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by idealogical: 3:54am On Feb 13
Mrs. Agebde was a decision-making Executive Director while Ogbonna was just a no executive director.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by TopBanter: 4:02am On Feb 13
kettykin:

There is a difference between access bank and access holdings , the bank is being run by Roosevelt ogbonna and the holdings was run by Herbert wigwe. The holdings encompasses all other auxiliary businesses like insurance, stocks etc.

I don't really think Herbert groomed a successor , this woman is not looking fit , no background accomplishments, no credentials, just out of the blues

lol. You’re an old man totally lacking requisite wisdom that should be commensurate with your age.

Yet, despite advanced age, you remain full of so much ethnocentric prejudice and blind obduracy that makes you show up here daily to disgrace yourself as an irredeemable relic and bigot.

When I see your post I immediately remember the delusional Igbo man who claimed One Igbo man is equal to 500 Hausas.

Of course the lady will not look “fit” to you. Her Yoruba ethnicity means that is the only conclusion your hateful and bigoted mind can reach.

I pity your children if you have any. They must be dysfunctional disasters incapable of thriving in the modern world if you have succeeded indoctrinating them to think like you.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by TopBanter: 4:21am On Feb 13
idealogical:
Mrs. Agebde was a decision-making Executive Director while Ogbonna was just a no executive director.

You have time trying to educate irredeemable, empty and nauseating ethnic supremacist who hold arrogant and delusional view not at all consonant with how things are in the real world.today.

I am talking of the reality today where talent, wherever it is from, is king whereas they continue to myopically insist they are more talented and supreme above all else because of nothing other than their ethnic origin.

Their forefathers m, like Azikiwe, never tired of the same supremacist pontification yet they all died disappointed and dispatched by the likes of Awolowo who bested and thwarted them effortlessly to leave non in doubt about the misplaced megalomania and delusions of folks from that region.

Tragic that many decades latter, the offsprings of Azikiwe appear to have not progressively moved forward even a millimeter.

What greater proof of their stagnation is needed than the redundancy of mentioning Obi in the same sentence with Tinubu per leadership talent backed by historical evidence?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 4:30am On Feb 13
TopBanter:

lol. You’re an old man totally lacking requisite wisdom that should be commensurate with your age.

Yet, despite advanced age, you remain full of so much ethnocentric prejudice and blind obduracy that makes you show up here daily to disgrace yourself as an irredeemable relic and bigot.

When I see your post I immediately remember the delusional Igbo man who claimed One Igbo man is equal to 500 Hausas.

Of course the lady will not look “fit” to you. Her Yoruba ethnicity means that is the only conclusion your hateful and bigoted mind can reach.

I pity your children if you have any. They must be dysfunctional disasters incapable of thriving in the modern world if you have succeeded indoctrinating them to think like you.

Go and rest. You think sentiments like your very weak, pathetic, primordial sentiments come on when running a business like a appointing the ceo of a holding company or of bank , your weak and misleading sentiments is why Nigeria is now comatose and weak .

You want access bank to become another Nigeria where investors are not even waiting before removing their investments.
Your dull , weak and tired DNA has made Nigeria a laughing stock in the international committee of nations .
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by chopnaira: 4:32am On Feb 13
kettykin:

There is a difference between access bank and access holdings , the bank is being run by Roosevelt ogbonna and the holdings was run by Herbert wigwe. The holdings encompasses all other auxiliary businesses like insurance, stocks etc.

I don't really think Herbert groomed a successor , this woman is not looking fit , no background accomplishments, no credentials, just out of the blues

Access holding is the parent. Access bank is under access holding.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 4:36am On Feb 13
chopnaira:

Access holding is the parent. Access bank is under access holding.
I have ended this discussion please.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by chopnaira: 4:36am On Feb 13
aariwa:
I wouldn’t know whether she is a big mouthed Babarian or not , none of my business but I saw she has only a masters degree as her highest qualification and no further training or certifications…similar to cardoso disaster that ruined the naira with only a first degree and membership of 30 social clubs
For your mind, you think a big cooperation like access holdings would appoint someone not qualified for the role. LMAO.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by RhinoChest: 4:39am On Feb 13
Why can’t people here read. She was chosen by Board of Directors!

What has Tinubu got to do with her appointment?

She joined the bank in 2003, 20 years of knowing the inner workings of the bank and people are saying she isn’t qualified?
Some of you here are not even up to 20 years. lol

She held a top position in the bank prior to this appointment. Banking is not like politics, it rewards competence because all shareholders care about is making profit, so no room for sentiment.

Guys, pls use your brain and don’t make everything a tribal issue.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by chopnaira: 4:50am On Feb 13
DrAkpa:
Sha no kill yourself with tension with this your poor man mentality. These women are excelling in their careers while you continuously wail on Nairaland. Dem plenty as highlighted below so you have alot of complaining to do.Lol.

Miriam Olusanya – GT Bank
Yemisi Edun – FCMB
Halima Buba – SunTrust Bank
Ireti Samuel-Ogbu – Citibank Nigeria
Nneka Onyeali-Ikpe – Fidelity Bank
Tomi Somefun, MD/CEO of Unity Bank Plc
Kafilat Araoye- LOTUS Bank managing director
Bukola Smith – FSDH Merchant Bank
Yetunde Oni – Union Bank
Bolaji Agnese - Access Holdings.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by RhinoChest: 4:51am On Feb 13
TopBanter:

Bigot . You should be ashamed of yourself.

Not just bigot, but na Akamu he use do brain!
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by chopnaira: 4:51am On Feb 13
RhinoChest:
Why can’t people here read. She was chosen by Board of Directors!

What has Tinubu got to do with her appointment?

She joined the bank in 2003, 20 years of knowing the inner workings of the bank and people are saying she isn’t qualified?
Some of you here are not even up to 20 years. lol

She held a top position in the bank prior to this appointment. Banking is not like politics, it rewards competence because all shareholders care about is making profit, so no room for sentiment.

Guys, pls use your brain and don’t make everything a tribal issue.

They are tribalists and can't see beyond tribe.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Bigboytinz: 4:53am On Feb 13
kettykin:

she still runs the bank or why the need for CBN's approval??
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 5:05am On Feb 13
Bigboytinz:
she still runs the bank or why the need for CBN's approval??

Initially Nigeria had universal banking license where the bank can have a pension arm , insurance arm , investment arm and a core banking business, this happened up until 2010 when the then cbn governor Sanusi lamido came up with a policy that required the super banks to separate their core banking business from pension, insurance, investment arms and form a holding company that would take care of non banking business.

So that cbn regulated both the core banking business and the holding business and had to screen and approve anyone taking up a leadership position in any of the arms, the holding companies were just a convenient way for very big banks to run other subsidiaries like pension and insurance because , small banks don't have holding companies.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Bigboytinz: 5:07am On Feb 13
kettykin:

Initially Nigeria had universal banking license where the bank can have a pension arm , insurance arm , investment arm and a core banking business, this happened up until 2010 when the then cbn governor Charles soludo came up with a policy that required the super banks to separate their core banking business from pension, insurance, investment arms and form a holding company that would take care of non banking business.

So that cbn regulated both the core banking business and the holding business and had to screen and approve anyone taking up a leadership position in any of the arms, the holding companies were just a convenient way for very big banks to run other subsidiaries like pension and insurance because , small banks don't have holding companies.
thing is the bank is part of the holdings and she's the CEO of the holdings. So technically she still runs the bank however you like at it.
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by kettykin: 5:09am On Feb 13
Bigboytinz:
thing is the bank is part of the holdings and she's the CEO of the holdings. So technically she still runs the bank however you like at it.

The ceo of first bank holdings Nnamdi Okonkwo has a resume that included running fidelity bank for years, does this mean he runs first bank?
Re: BREAKING: Access Holdings names Bolaji Agbede as acting CEO by Mynd44: 5:18am On Feb 13

(1) (2)

The Isiagu Controversy / Ten Years From Now , How Will You Remember Obasanjo ? / What If Hurricane Comes To Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.