Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO (33433 Views)

Aig-Imoukhuede Steps In As Access Holdings Chairman 10 Years After Exit As CEO / Wigwe: Board Will announce acting CEO soon - Access Holdings / FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by GUNITGuy: 9:09am On Feb 13
MartinsD12:

I think it's the height of irresponsibility for a woman like this that is not married to head Access bank, this is my opinion and the way I feel about it, the society where we all come from especially this country regards marriage as an art of responsibility you know why if you can manage a family well you can manage anything, like I said earlier I feel it's wrong for a single unmarried person to head Access bank simple
Unmarried women are Prime minister, Presidents in many countries of the world yet did well...Angela Merkel was Divorced in Most Part of her life yet Did excellently well not just for Germany but Europe,,,
Stop this your Marriage believe error .....Who told you that lie....Many people get married in Nigeria simply because they have money not because they're responsible.....
Marriage is not a definition of Responsibility....
If you can't Handle the banking Sector you won't be the GMD ...No matter the number of wives you are responsible to ..
Is that clear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by toujurs: 9:10am On Feb 13
EleventhWeirdo:

Where are you from? Let's start from there. I'm sufe your people cannot even sneeze where Yorubas are talking
Mr man shut up, yoruba's don't have levels. Your men are lazy people, this so called acces holding is owned with the combination of two banks both owned from the south east and south south. It's only noise your people are good at.

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by toujurs: 9:11am On Feb 13
Wotowotoman:

Career grew fast after 32 years in the industry? 🤔
32 years? 😳. shocked
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by NoToPile: 9:16am On Feb 13
What a thread.

See comments and wailing on top tribe, sex, and marital status of someone that was already in a top position at the bank.

One even said her CV no reach.

Una go wail taya.

Katikati.

5 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by na2016: 9:17am On Feb 13
Wotowotoman:

What’s so special about Cranfield? Other than in Naija, where else is Cranfield looked at as a top university

Bro, go and run a program there. If you are successful, then you can come and talk. For now, congratulate the woman and move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Wotowotoman: 9:19am On Feb 13
na2016:

Bro, go and run a program there. If you are successful, then you can come and talk. For now, congratulate the woman and move on.

If only you knew. That’s all I can say..
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Emir01: 9:26am On Feb 13
Armaggedon:
She is the CEO of access holdings not the access bank itself.

Herbert and this women came from GTB and they were trained by Fola Adeola, both are founding members of access bank.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Duru009(m): 9:30am On Feb 13
soullove1881:

Are you one of her maid or an associate ? Or how did you know her that much?

If you notice most banks in Nigeria are been controlled by Northerners and Yorubas. Access bank is a south South Bank just like Zenith bank.
They should have find someone competent from that region. Is just like removing the CEO of Wema bank which is a South west bank and putting an Igbo man which is IMPOSSIBLE.....

Honestly, this is so sad !!
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Halo22: 9:36am On Feb 13
All I can say is...... Congrats to the new GCEO.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by MartinsD12(m): 9:49am On Feb 13
GUNITGuy:

Unmarried women are Prime minister, Presidents in many countries of the world yet did well...Angela Merkel was Divorced in Most Part of her life yet Did excellently well not just for Germany but Europe,,,
Stop this your Marriage believe error .....Who told you that lie....Many people get married in Nigeria simply because they have money not because they're responsible.....
Marriage is not a definition of Responsibility....
If you can't Handle the banking Sector you won't be the GMD ...No matter the number of wives you are responsible to ..
Is that clear
Oga I said that is my opinion, I don't like it.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by MartinsD12(m): 9:50am On Feb 13
Zetty177x:

They need her brain like una say we need Tinubu brain. What if she didn't see husband? I beg intelligence and competence first before any other thing.
Who is tinubu?
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Greenvaiper: 9:52am On Feb 13
Wotowotoman:

If only you knew. That’s all I can say..

24/7 u dey nairaland. Kiddo, do u have any job at all?
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Wotowotoman: 9:53am On Feb 13
Emir01:

Herbert and this women came from GTB and they were trained by Fola Adeola, both are founding members of access bank.

What has this got to do with his comment
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:58am On Feb 13
Nwagukosy:

It's not true.
Aigboje Aig and wigwe Herbert are partners and took over access bank in 2002, AIG was the CEO then. After the demise of Aig , Herbert took over as CEO

Haaaaaaaaaaa

Na you kill Aigboje ni?

Abeg abeg abeg ooooooooo

Mr Aigboje is very much alive ooooo.

Mr Aigboje retired from his position as MD/CEO of Access Bank and the next in line, the deputy MD/CEO Herbet Wigwe took over.

Please don't spread false information online sir.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by PureFace1(m): 9:58am On Feb 13
Duru009:

If you notice most banks in Nigeria are been controlled by Northerners and Yorubas. Access bank is a south South Bank just like Zenith bank.
They should have find someone competent from that region. Is just like removing the CEO of Wema bank which is a South west bank and putting an Igbo man which is IMPOSSIBLE.....

Honestly, this is so sad !!

Wail and cry harder lol

2 Likes

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by PureFace1(m): 9:59am On Feb 13
toujurs:
Mr man shut up, yoruba's don't have levels. Your men are lazy people, this so called acces holding is owned with the combination of two banks both owned from the south east and south south. It's only noise your people are good at.

Which sector in Nigeria can you withstand Lazy Yoruba men lol ?

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:01am On Feb 13
ppogba:

Aside the ability to comment in English, most commenters on this forum are barely literate.
The moment you know this, you will learn to just read and move on.

Well said.

I'm flabbergasted at the level of reasoning of most folks here.

Very shallow mindset and reasoning.

It shows most don't read at all and don't think deeply and critique issues objectively but allow emotions, sentiments and bias becloud thier reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:03am On Feb 13
Zetty177x:

Imoukhuede Aigboje is who u are referring to. He's very much alive and visited Herbert's parents yesterday alongside Dangote and others.

Wetin u abbreviate to Aig sef. Google is ur friend nau. Use Google before u mislead. Peace ✌️

I was flummoxed when I saw his post.

Very misleading post indeed!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Decarbonisation: 10:03am On Feb 13
Life goes on.
RIP Herbie.
Congratulations Bolaji Agbede.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:04am On Feb 13
jattopeter:
Ho, which kind talk be this again.

Very disrespect comment.

I have always known that an average nigerian man has zero respect for women.

1 Like

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by oshiokpu(m): 10:06am On Feb 13
toujurs:
Ah i know this woman o! I think she was the one. This woman interviewed back then in 2017 at access bank HQ, unless she isn't the person.
She is the one now. She was head of HR then.
She interviewed me as well in 2016.
Asking me what I was passionate about!
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by toujurs: 10:07am On Feb 13
PureFace1:

Which sector in Nigeria can you withstand Lazy Yoruba men lol ?
it's a waste of effort een exchange conversation with you, you could probably be one security guard of an estate.

I am even happy, tinubu is the president, let's see who cries most 😆. I must come out to vote for him, to complete his 8 years.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Umuinyioku: 10:09am On Feb 13
kkins25:

Interesting...
Aig Aigboje Imoukhode should be on searchlight over his demise. He should be questioned.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Putinofrussia: 10:12am On Feb 13
toujurs:
lol
Yoruba make noise?
It has been proven time and time again that Yorubas are the best administrators and economic gurus there can ever be.

Ok,let me ask you.
Name only one,just one business or endeavour owned by any SE individual or even the combined efforts of SE states,that has existed for 35 years and still existing.
Name one Igbo company that is over 35 years and still kicking.
None,they have been crumbled by laziness,bad managing and nzogbu nzogbu traits.

Only Yorubas have businesses existing more than 100,90,80 years and still growing.

Or better still,name one,only one business owned abroad by a SE person even worth as less as 500 cents.
Yes,known company.

None,it is only Yorubas that have more than 3,4,5,6 etc businesses abroad worth billions of dollars for years and still kicking.
Where there is a level playing ground,the SE will always play catch up with the SWesterners.
That is the fact,the reality.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by goaldynboy: 10:14am On Feb 13
Alexis11:

It will shock you to know that Yorubas are doing far better than most of those guys that have turned "epi npa wa" to their national anthem thinking they are mocking the Yorubas.

There is no way a people whose majority depends on salaries and hand-outs from government can do better than a people whose majority are entrepreneurs and independent!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Raf4: 10:15am On Feb 13
BluntCrazeMan:

Source:
https://punchng.com/breaking-access-holdings-names-bolaji-agbede-as-acting-ceo/

No Economics/Finance/Accounting background? I pray God will help her.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:15am On Feb 13
AntiWailer:

What is alarming to u ?

Are you qualified ?

Or because dick is dangling between ur legs u are better ?

And Wigwe was not the MD of access bank as at the time he died.

This ignorance is the reason mediocre politicans take una for a ride.

What many don't know is that when Herbert took over from Aigboje, he did as the MD/CEO of Access Bank but Herbert transformed it to Access Holdings, the parent company of Access Bank and its subsidiaries.

So, these subsidiaries have their own MD/CEO. But the overall boss is the MD/CEO of the holding company - Access Holdings of which Herbert was in charge before his demise.

Access Holdings Plc is a leading multinational financial services group that offers commercial banking, lending, payment, insurance, and asset management services.

Access transitioned into a holding company to drive rapid growth and become a full-scale ecosystem player offering interconnected services across customer needs.

Established in 2022, Access Holding Plc consists of the Access Bank Group itself; a Payment and Switching Services Company; a Digital Lending Company; a Pension Fund Company and an Insurance Brokerage Company.

Source: https://theaccesscorporation.com/about/corporate-profile/

People should try Google and read up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by toujurs: 10:18am On Feb 13
Putinofrussia:

lol
Yoruba make noise?
It has been proven time and time again that Yorubas are the best administrators and economic gurus there can ever be.

Ok,let me ask you.
Name only one,just one business or endeavour owned by any SE individual or even the combined efforts of SE states,that has existed for 35 years and still existing.
None,they have been crumbled by laziness,bad managing and nzogbu nzogbu traits.
Only Yorubas have businesses existing more than 100,90,80 years and still growing.

Or better still,name one,only one business owned abroad by a SE person even worth as less as 500 cents.
Yes,known company.

None,it is only Yorubas that have more than 3,4,5,6 etc businesses abroad worth billions of dollars for years and still kicking.
Where there is a level playing ground,the SE will always play catch up with the SWesterners.
That is the fact,the reality.
Mumu when it comes to industrialization, Just rest. The igbo's have orange drugs. That man has been in business for over 45 years, his industry orange drugs is about 37 years.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Armaggedon: 10:20am On Feb 13
Emir01:

the unsolicited history lesson did not disprove my assertion.
Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Raf4: 10:21am On Feb 13
toujurs:

Are you aware that majority of assets Access bank is enjoying today actually belonged to Intercontinental Bank, their hitherto benefactor and creditor? Mr ethnic vuvuzela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by Putinofrussia: 10:24am On Feb 13
ferhyntorlah:

What many don't know is that when Herbert took over from Aigboje, he did as the MD/CEO of Access Bank but Herbert transformed it to Access Holdings, the parent company of Access Bank and its subsidiaries.

So, these subsidiaries have their own MD/CEO. But the overall boss is the MD/CEO of the holding company - Access Holdings of which Herbert was in charge before his demise.

Access Holdings Plc is a leading multinational financial services group that offers commercial banking, lending, payment, insurance, and asset management services.

Access transitioned into a holding company to drive rapid growth and become a full-scale ecosystem player offering interconnected services across customer needs.

Established in 2022, Access Holding Plc consists of the Access Bank Group itself; a Payment and Switching Services Company; a Digital Lending Company; a Pension Fund Company and an Insurance Brokerage Company.

Source: https://theaccesscorporation.com/about/corporate-profile/

People should try Google and read up!
Most banks were becoming holdings just to expand their scope.
Gtb bank did too before Access bank.

Guaranty Trust Holding Company PLC also known as GTCO PLC is a multinational financial services group, that offers retail and investment banking, pension management, asset management and payments services, headquartered in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. GTCO Plc was created in July 2021 following the corporate reorganization of Guaranty Trust Bank PLC (or GTBank) into a Holding Company.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Holdings Names Bolaji Agbede As Acting CEO by toujurs: 10:24am On Feb 13
Raf4:

Are you aware that majority of assets Access bank is enjoying today actually belonged to Intercontinental Bank, their hitherto benefactor and creditor? Mr ethnic vuvuzela.
because it was given to access bank for free. undecided

Yoruba men, who grew up in Nigeria. 85% of them are lazy. I will keep saying this. And what shocks me the most is how tribalism, was used to cage your senses to reason like a human. undecided.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery Rules Out 2020, As Refinery Gets New Date / The Best Way To Avoid Embarrassments From Loan apps / Virtual Sports Betting Secrets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.