Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

7ran53nd's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 7ran53nd's Profile / 7ran53nd's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

Family / Re: 10 Cogent Qualities To Instill In Your Little Children by 7ran53nd: 11:41am On Aug 05, 2018
But sha, Nigeria vs India match was no superstition, 99-0 and the ball was always appearing as a tiger. That story is lit.... the tradition must be passed.
Celebrities / Re: Maheeda: Divine Sam, My Daughter Not Pleased With My Raunchy Pictures & Videos by 7ran53nd: 9:56pm On Jun 09, 2018
Your pikin obviously get sense pass you.
Celebrities / Re: We Are Not Withdrawing The 'This Is Nigeria' Video - Falz's Management To MURIC by 7ran53nd: 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
MURIC tells Falz to withdraw video of girls dancing because of Hijab. What about the girls in Hijab that bomb innocent people? How many comments have they made about that? doesn't that make the hijab a tool for bloodshed? Withdraw Video My Toe.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Snoopdogg Shades Ghanaians, Praises Nigerian World Cup Jersey (Photos) by 7ran53nd: 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ghanaians are not going to like this o.
Car Talk / Re: Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging by 7ran53nd: 12:47pm On May 03, 2018
Wakanda. That guy used Vibranium.

1 Like

Car Talk / Re: Watch:BMW's Wireless Charging Pad Will Charge Your Car In 3½ hrs Without A Cable by 7ran53nd: 7:37am On Apr 17, 2018
Hope for countries without adequate electricity infrastructure. Sideeyes naija
Travel / Re: Danfo Bus Bashes A Ferrari At Lekki Tollgate (video) by 7ran53nd: 6:53am On Mar 21, 2018
sheybi you guys know how irresponsible these danfo and Keke drivers behave on the road. They have no regards for safety or rules and a lot of times, they intentionally bash or scratch cars - the reasoning behind that behavior; most absurd - "make I dash am colour" - that's what they'd say. Any pristine vehicle on the road attracts their envy and bitterness as though the person in the car is directly responsible for their situation. If you're driving your own car, you are careful and if your car happens to be new, you're even more careful so this accident is most likely not the Ferrari owner's fault - I may be wrong though.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Politics / Re: Take Me To A Psychiatrist If I Join Obasanjo’s Coalition – Soyinka by 7ran53nd: 11:57am On Feb 21, 2018
Oga don start again. Na so you say you go tear passport one time like that o make I stop dia for now.
Crime / Re: Man Kills Friend Over N1000 Note They Saw On The Ground In Lagos. Graphic Photo by 7ran53nd: 9:02pm On Feb 20, 2018
Geonigga:
I can perceived what is going on in the muderer's mind now.

As in eh... But Moshood don go... he'll regret ever being born at the hands of the polic
Family / Re: 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) by 7ran53nd: 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2018
That baby is literally in the same photo with her ancestor. This photo is possible if and when the women in a lineage "carry belle" at young ages.
Celebrities / Re: Don Jazzy Shares Backstage Photos With Mo'hits All-star Crew After Performance! by 7ran53nd: 6:19pm On Dec 28, 2017
Why do people just diss Wande Coal all the time. IMO, Wande is a very good singer, better than most in Nigeria. I don't understand. I may not know the kind of person he is on a normal level but hey people. Wande makes hits, to me he was the HIT in Mo'Hits. There's hardly any song he has done solo or collabo even backup sef that hasn't been fun to play, listen or dance to. Idongerrit people, I seriously don't.

Black Diamond, on behalf of Nigerians, I apologize o.
You're good bro. You are.

3 Likes

Properties / Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Flat Roof Design In Nigeria by 7ran53nd: 7:57am On Dec 26, 2017
@OP: Well, there are good reasons why flat roofs are not common in these parts chief of which is the weather. Flat roofs don't perform well in climates where you have heavy annual rains. Other reasons why flat roofs are not common will be experience and availability of proper materials. By experience I mean not many people can truly solve the problems associated with flat roofs because it is not common - what is common is what people are used to and what people are used to is what they can do well. By "availability of proper materials" I mean things like sealants, surfacing materials, etc. Not many people will know what and what to use in creating a usable flat roof and even if you have a good idea what you need and HOW to go about it, "WHERE" will you get them?

Now, there will be others out there that will obviously know better than I do but the few pros and cons I can reel off the top of my head are:

Pros: Flat roofs yield more to aesthetics. You can have more interesting designs - especially modern (computer age) designs - out of flat roofs than with the usual pitched roof.
2. Flat roofs can be utilized for many purpose other than just to cover a house or lounge in the evenings. It's an extra space for gardening, hosting guests, sunning clothes, drying elubo, whatever...

Con. It is prone to leakages if not properly constructed thereby making the interior space underneath uncomfortable for normal living.
High cost of future maintenance.

In terms of aesthetics, a close alternative to flat roof is the low angle monopitch roof where the roof isn't decked to be used as extra space for activities but roofed with timber and roofing sheets. Here your pro will be cheap construction cost (usually far less than the normal Hip/Gable construction) and you don't have to fear maintenance as much as on flat roof. While your con can be hotter interior due to low roof volume. This can be combated though by several design decisions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: FG Probes Jonathan Over N8.68bn Textbooks Contract.. by 7ran53nd: 10:39am On Dec 21, 2017
The problem with Nigeria is that there are millions of gullible and slow-witted people walking the streets. They complicate things for everyone - even for themselves. Whatever the propaganda is, they're sure to believe without first searching out the truth or even applying common sense. It's sad.

APC as a party is just populated with hordes evil dimwits. Their strength is in their numbers like orcs in the LoTR.

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: Moesha Boduong: "My Talent Is As Big As My Backside“ by 7ran53nd: 11:56am On Nov 04, 2017
[color=#006600]But how can someone in their right senses make such a statement? It can be deduced from that statement that she reasons with her backside and not her head since the backside is the only thing that's worth anything in her life.[/color]
Romance / Re: "Married Women Stop Applying"-Man Recruiting Strippers In Ikeja Warns (Photos) by 7ran53nd: 11:59pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bibi294:

Which one is caterpillar shape again

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Female Suicide Bombers Blown To Pieces In Borno (Graphic Photos ) by 7ran53nd: 12:38pm On Oct 23, 2017
Lordave:
One of the reasons I voted the Dúllard was an unshaken conviction that this Boko Haram issue would have been a thing of the past before now.

It's pathetic knowing I had such thought. Hypnosis perhaps.

If only you truly learned to be rational, then your regrets will have meaning. To see people campaigning for PMB then when it was clear from his antecedents that he was no good, was the worst time ever in my life as a Nigerian. I was shocked and ashamed of the ones I considered sensible. I accepted the fact that the division brought about then can never be repaired. The jeering and insults we received from pointing out the truth about Buhari, was too much to reconcile. Today's realities have confirmed everything. My only advice is not to ever allow tribal, political, religious, etc sentiments to influence your judgement in the future else, you didn't learn anything from this experience.

1 Like

Family / Re: Ewedu Soup Kills Policeman, His Pregnant Wife, Entire Family, 2 Dogs In Kaduna by 7ran53nd: 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2017
The details and emphasis on the soup in this report is more troubling than the news of the death sef. Seems the writer was either told what to write or knows something. Well, it may just be my mind but this write up is suspiciously sick on a certain level.

1 Like

Career / Re: Man Carrying 5 Bags Of Cement On His Head. .. by 7ran53nd: 7:58am On Oct 20, 2017
Death by Proxy.
Phones / Re: Huawei Launches A $1646 Porsche Version Of Huawei Mate 10 by 7ran53nd: 7:45am On Oct 20, 2017
Huawei telling Apple and Samsung:
"UNA FADA!!!". Well, I'm still a Samsung fan Sha - in Samsung we live, in Samsung we walk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Lilian Esoro And Friends Recreate Throwback Photo by 7ran53nd: 7:57pm On Oct 19, 2017
All these makeup sef, converting women to masquerades since forever... The ones with lighter makeup look more beautiful.

1 Like

Education / Re: What Is The English Term For "Osuka"? by 7ran53nd: 12:28am On Oct 17, 2017
understand that a language evolves from the lives and experiences of its speakers. Osuka is not something the people of Europe use or know so they don't have a word for it just as you cannot have a word for bears or snow in yoruba or igbo because in their experience, those things don't exist. That is also the same reason words are borrowed from languages to others. Tsunami and el nino are not English words for the same reasons.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Rhodes Chapel Bans Foreign Weddings After British Couple's MouthAction Photo by 7ran53nd: 6:55am On Oct 14, 2017
There's a clear broad line between freedom of expression and being a complete nuisance.
Though as human beings everything is possible for us to do but being "sensible" we choose to restrain ourselves and those things we choose not to do doesn't, for any reason, make out lives incomplete. Their actions was just plain stupid and now every other British citizens has to pay for their foolishness.

2 Likes

Travel / Re: See Eleven (11) Things You Will Experience On Your Trip To Markudi, Nigeria by 7ran53nd: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
TBH, the first time I heard they do that, I thought the person was adding sugar and maggi to the story until my brother who served in Nasarawa told the same story and another from around that Makurdi confirmed it. Mehn the thing tire me... They said you can never feel comfortable eating in restaurants once you experience it. So I guess its the consequence of having many wives and having so many children they dont even care how the kids survive or grow... SAD

2 Likes

Business / Re: How Sandra Iheuwa Became CEO Of 5 Companies (Photos) by 7ran53nd: 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Inspiring! Yeah, not every lady will choose the path. To everyone his/her path and while some are waiting to be given money for hair and recharge card, others are walking other paths. Every path has its pains and gains though. Me I'm planning a business too o so Im praying Oluwa to bless it.
Romance / Re: Lady Warns Ladies About Her Estranged Husband As She Calls Him Out by 7ran53nd: 1:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
[b]She must have thought to herself:
"Lemme ruin his life. If I go on social media to 'disgrace' him, no woman will even touch him with a long stick". But here's the NEWS FLASH, she came on social media and all she said were bogus claims. Her own money she said, well if you refused to buy the land, should it be an issue? He tried to kill himself, right, why exactly? When he put his hand on you (as you claim) what led to it? What did you say to him? Before you got married, was he working? If yes, what happened to his business? Did you get tired and started nagging him to death because he couldn't meet up with providing for the family as before? You won't say all that now will you. You paid rent? That now becomes news that people will use to judge him as irresponsible? You're his wife and you paid once - News!
Yeah blind and unwise people will take sides with you because if you are a genuine person and you are not guilty yourself, this matter won't be on Social Media.
That it is on media shows you are one of those scum women. Those around you will help handle your marital issues for you. There should be older friends or relatives that you can take your problems to and they'll call him to order and fight for and protect you. But No. Scum that you are and the scum you fell for. [/b]

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Bride Arrested With Another Boyfriend During Cult Initiation Hrs To Wedding(pic) by 7ran53nd: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2017
You see why I don't subscribe to labelling people or gender as saints or demons? All those feminists that go about bashing men upandan as if wickedness is only in men's DNA, balance your arguments please because every gender is capable of filth. Just imagine... Just imagine the filth, then if she brings this to her marriage senseless people will take sides with her.
Health / Monkeypox Outbreak, Public Awareness. by 7ran53nd: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2017
I received the message broadcast below this morning and decided to do a quick Google search and behold it was all over the newspapers so the news, I believe is true. Please check the link below for WHO quick fact sheet.

Confirmed!!!!.

Please be careful with hand shakes ,closeness n other intimacy. There is a virus spreading in Bayelsa state called monkey pox. Its contagious n three people n a doctor have been infected. They are all at NDUTH okolobiri.

To understand the nature of the disease, please visit the link below.
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs161/en/
Phones / Re: Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon by 7ran53nd: 8:52am On Oct 05, 2017
Dottore:

Too many oversabi people in this country. So you think this people havnt taken note of all these you mentioned and possibly integrated it or even enhanced it in the new technology. Only in Nigeria can wretched people sell books on how to become a billionaire

What are you on about really? Visible light and radio waves though similar, behave differently because of their frequencies ok but you've failed to mention any part of what I've said and offered any real explanation to counter the argument. And NO they cannot bypass line of sight for visible light. No matter how you innovate, tyres will always be circular.
Phones / Re: Wi-fi To Be Replaced By Li-fi Soon by 7ran53nd: 7:26am On Oct 05, 2017
This tech is just bad on so many levels. Ah-ah! Do you guys know the implication of this Lifeless tech? It means all these free floating wifi signal won't be there o. No free browsing unless you enter the person's parlour uninvited. Mchewww...

Another limitation is that you can no longer work on the go. You see, with WiFi, you can have your modem in your bag while sending mails or having that important business chat or even in a park but Lifeless tech needs line of sight between modem and device to work. It won't replace WiFi for sure.
Family / Re: Amazing Transformation Of A Lady Born Bow-Legged by 7ran53nd: 11:00am On Oct 03, 2017
Does she really have straight legs?
She for stand straight first na. This one that she keeps crossing her legs like scissors so...
Foreign Affairs / Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by 7ran53nd: 8:28am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Nigerian society is too tainted with religious extremism for even the highly educated to function properly. If you are highly educated and you still believe Jesus walked on water/rose from the dead or Muhammed was a peaceful human being - then your education has failed you. The purpose of education is to promote awareness/consciousness. That's why if you meet the top scientists/intellectuals in the world, they tend to exude a zen like (or yogi like) quality. One possible reason for this is that they have reached a point were they are fully convinced that their ignorance far outweighs their knowledge. Only arrogant people say things like: "There is God." or "There is no God." The truth of the matter is nobody knows. And I mean NOBODY. Look at all the problems we have created in Nigeria because of people who are "absolutely sure" of the existence of a sky Daddy - Boko Haram, killing of twins; prosperity gospel aka spiritual corruption; killing of 'witches'; etc. Yet, the most significant consequence of our extreme religious belief is that Nigeria is a country of 180 million people, the vast majority of whom are AWAITING the end of the world. If you believe the world is coming to an end, why would you be FULLY committed to make your society a better place? Most Nigerians believe that this world does not matter because they are gonna START A NEW LIFE WITH THEIR SKY DADDY after the world ENDS. This is one of the most fundamental reason behind Nigeria's underdevelopment. So, until a sizable number of Nigerians are committed to creating HEAVEN on this Nigerian EARTH, rather than awaiting some sky Daddy to descend from the sky and save us, corruption and underdevelopment continues to no end.

[b]So your problem is only about people believing there is God abi? Ok see, whether you believe or not, that doesn't make you more or less intelligent neither does it make you more or less "educated". The minute you begin to argue and criticise that those who do believe in a God are less intelligent and you go ahead to say it in public, what do you think you are displaying? No matter the education you've got, you are presently displaying ignorance which is undermining your learning. If you're fond of criticising people for their beliefs and practices, wisdom eludes you by not knowing you too have to hold your beliefs in private and let others be. You're not different from the envangelist ringing bells and shouting the kingdom or the Muslim the blares his prayers from loudspeakers 5 times a day. You're all in the same bag my friend.

Allow those who believe to be, ok, that's wisdom. whatever benefits or fulfilment they derive, that's their life. Do not lose opportunities in life because you hold a bigoted opinion and do not look down on anyone because they don't hold the same views as you. Check each person by the content of their character and relate with them as such.
Have a brilliant day.

Jesus is still Lord
[/b]

2 Likes

Business / Re: UBA Wins “the Best In Digital Banking” At Interswitch Awards by 7ran53nd: 8:03am On Oct 03, 2017
UBA? HOW? THAT ARCHAIC BANK?

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (of 3 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.