Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 (9524 Views)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 8:42am On Feb 14
gratiaeo:

Stop supporting failure you refuse. If you are eating bread 2-3 a week it means you are from poor family because bread is always what we bounce on whenever we come back from school before launch

Like I said you are a youth with an undeveloped brain. Ask anyone from my generation we didn’t eat bread and rice the way you people do. In fact bread in secondary school and university was a last resort….a sign of extreme hunger just 1 step away from drinking garri. It is always the poor that think poor habits are a sign of good living.

What you are exhibiting is the mentality of a poor man who uses all his money to buy the latest iPhone thinking it is a badge of honour. But have you seen the phones rich people use….many of them will use the same phone for 5 years until it is dead dead. I don’t want to brag but the people and places our drivers and houseboys have met or been to, pray your generations will be opportuned to go to or to meet.

Let me give you some advice, rice, bread, indomie and soft drinks are some of the worst foods you can put in your mouth. Money or no money, rich or poor. Enlightened people know this which is why they don’t feed their kids these things but the poor and ignorant think it is a status symbol to eat bad food.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Angelfrost(m): 8:42am On Feb 14
Bakers can go on strike?!!

How exactly does that work?!!

As in, no more bread across the nation?!! Lol.

Naija don cast finish... It's looking bleaker everyday.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Faposky95: 8:45am On Feb 14
UptownVibes:
Good.. Pure water factories should join. We must learn a lesson in this country.

..best yu could say...?
it's me and yu and our children yure pointing this to.

should yu be told that no single government water project can deliver water to a state hit by severe shortages.

yure now advising the God sent providers to down tools.
calculate the cost effects.

play Black face E DEY PAIN mE OHHH
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by a4cube: 8:48am On Feb 14
Maobichek:

2024 will be worst compared to 2023 and 2024 will be better than 2025!!! This is not good at all, please say something good, be positive about Nigeria. This is not about politics of APC, PDP or LP.
Somebody is telling you the reality you are talking of positive. Why did your own positive talk no make Nigeria better?

Look for way to move out of the hell hole if you like your life.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by John4B: 8:57am On Feb 14
Some one should play me- when it rains it pours by 50cent.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by coputa(m): 9:20am On Feb 14
BrighterSyde:
The silence of the idiots on NL that voted this govt is more annoying than the multiple failure and corruption of this govt.
I have not heard from yarimo, freestuffng can no longer afford to give anything out for free even as useless as his free stuff was, the dead meat griller who’s other moniker is NLpolicewoman is no where to be found on NL again. But let them open a thread quoting statistics you will see all of them there. A lot of brains need to be resetted
Tinubu administration is confused right now,with all the vindictive trials and error policies, the naira continues to plung,it has crossed the 1,500 mark and is heading towards two thousand naira.

Tinubu is a monumental failure
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by tefund(m): 9:25am On Feb 14
casualobserver:
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. Nonsense!
Not enough to go round if everyone goes that way
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by bentenny(m): 9:25am On Feb 14
It's long overdue!
How FG collects 31 plus different taxes from them with high cost in transportation and depending on alternative diesel powered generators in the clear absence of local power source is beyond wicked!
With such multiplicity of taxes,baking products like bread should even go for 5k plus but they still sell as little as 1k to 1k5!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by HRMK: 9:27am On Feb 14
the bakers should go to blazes with their so called bread!even long before the removal of oil subsidy,these heartless bakers increased price and reduced sizes of their product every two months!they complain of running at a loss yet they continue to increase in numbers and living extravaganly!TOO MUCH EXCESS ON THEIR PART!LET THEM LOOK FOR ANY OTHER BUSINESS!A PACK OF SELFISH INDIVIDUALS!YEYE DEY SMELL!!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by poweredcom(m): 9:28am On Feb 14
Let dem strike abeg ...dis country is a hell place to be born in

I regeret being a nigerian , rich country without any plan for its citizens

Shame
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Siberia01(m): 9:29am On Feb 14
NPFLADMIN:
Abeg make person help me with something.
Opay
Jeremiah
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Ray07(m): 9:33am On Feb 14
casualobserver:
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. sadNonsense!
Have you seen how much akara is sold now.
A major of bean is sold above 1k+.
1k akara no go do you anything.

Am not surprised . . . Evil support evil.

2 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by bentenny(m): 9:34am On Feb 14
Reno keeps screaming on social media about buying made in Nigeria products but forgets that if there are no steps to ensure a conducive atmosphere for business to strive,local manufacturers will end up leaving and consumers will have no alternative but to patronize imported substitutes!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by membranus: 9:44am On Feb 14
casualobserver:

Like I said you are a youth with an undeveloped brain. Ask anyone from my generation we didn’t eat bread and rice the way you people do. In fact bread in secondary school and university was a last resort….a sign of extreme hunger just 1 step away from drinking garri. It is always the poor that think poor habits are a sign of good living.

What you are exhibiting is the mentality of a poor man who uses all his money to buy the latest iPhone thinking it is a badge of honour. But have you seen the phones rich people use….many of them will use the same phone for 5 years until it is dead dead. I don’t want to brag but the people and places our drivers and houseboys have met or been to, pray your generations will be opportuned to go to or to meet.

Let me give you some advice, rice, bread, indomie and soft drinks are some of the worst foods you can put in your mouth. Money or no money, rich or poor. Enlightened people know this which is why they don’t feed their kids these things but the poor and ignorant think it is a status symbol to eat bad food.

Fake, bogus and ego massaging narrative.

Oyinbo people that eat bread and flour products daily as staple foods, can you call them poor? Chinese and Italian people who eat pasta (Indomie) products as staples, will you term them poor? Indian and East Asian people that cannot do without rice daily, is it a poor man food to them?

Sometimes eating certain types of food constantly is just a matter of an adopted eating habit, and not a status symbol.

2 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by bentenny(m): 9:45am On Feb 14
The comments I'm seeing here shows that most people do not know the horror local manufacturers go through in managing to get a finished product in Nigeria where there is multiple taxation,lack of constant power supply, insecurity,high transport cost,inability to access forex etc
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 9:47am On Feb 14
Ray07:
Have you seen how much akara is sold now.
A major of bean is sold above 1k+.
1k akara no go do you anything.

Am not surprised . . . Evil support evil.
Everything has gone up, the difference is the ingredients for akara are local and help our economy whereas the ingredients for bread are imported benefit nobody in Nigeria. By eating bread you are enriching countries like Russia and Ukraine who produce wheat. Providing jobs for their farmers while your farmers become poor

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:48am On Feb 14
Siberia01:
Jeremiah
Yep?
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 9:58am On Feb 14
membranus:

Fake, bogus and ego massaging narrative.

Oyinbo people that eats bread and flour products daily as staple foods, can you call them poor? Chinese and Italian people who eat pasta (Indomie) products as staples, will you term them poor? Indian and East Asian people that cannot do without rice daily, is it a poor man food to them?

Sometimes eating certain types of food constantly is just a matter of an adopted eating habit, and not a status symbol.

See picture below: anyone my age who was born in the uk at that time has 2 qualities 1) he has educated parents because our parents went there to get degrees at a time when there were few Nigerians with degrees 2) they came back and enjoyed a minimum social and economic status in Nigeria. So if our parents fed us natural foods as kids and kept us away from poisons like bread, coke, rice etc it is because they were enlightened and knew the importance of good nutrition in the development of children both mentally and physically. At the time we were unhappy but now we know better and thank them for it especially when we see the youth of today aka the indomie generation with clear mental development issues…..like yourself

You are the one who tried to make bread a status thing by saying we were poor because I said we rarely ate bread when we were young but instead ate wholesome food and I schooled you that bread is a poor man’s food and is very unhealthy just like rice and indomie.

Do your self a favour and look at the ingredients on a pack of indomie of the next time you buy bread. You will realize you are eating poison. Do yourself a favour and google the effect of modified wheat on humans and the correlation with disease. The wheat we use is modified wheat, traditional wheat is less than a foot high, the resultant effect of this modified wheat is what manifests in diseases. Enlightened people know this ignorant poor people think it is a badge of honour to abandon their natural unmodified traditional foods to eat the white mans wheat products…carry on but if want to eat bread you will pay the market price.

Like I said bread is one level away from soaking garri.

As for the Oyinbo man, this is 5e problem with Nigerians, are you an Oyinbo man, why comparing yourself to an Oyinbo man? This is the problem. Do you see Oyinbo fighting themselves and their government to eat akara or amala to that Nigerian farmers can benefit?

The problem with Nigerians like you of which there are many is that you are mentally enslaved. Any by the way it is not “eats bread” it is “eat bread”

As for the Asians and the Oyinbo who eat bread and rice, yes it is their local food that is why they are the ones who are major producers and yes it is the food of the masses for them. Like I said when I was young eating rice was an occasion…..sundays only…in those days it was Uncles Ben’s rice. The point is they eat what is local to them d only the rich eat exotic foods on occasions but we want to turn exotic foods into a staple yet we don’t produce any of the ingredients?

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Kingrshd3: 10:56am On Feb 14
Omobude244:

Are the materials for baking local bread cheap?

I rest my case angry
Have forgotten is not

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by justmi1: 10:59am On Feb 14
superCleanworks:
better go on strike and SPEAK UP than to keep increasing your prices because one day you will eat all your bakings by yourself.

Bread is racing to 2,000 per loaf.

so of all the abundance of various foods in the world, your only option for bread is stone or paper? so if you are not eating bread then the next option for you is to start eating stone? Your life must be so wretched. God forbid.

Keep quiet mumu. Why do you sound like the bakers increase bread price for no reason, saying they would eat thier bread. Trust me people will still buy because all other food are equally expensive. So it's not only bakers that need to protest but your silly ass. And I'm bakery owner so I can't be wretched like your generation
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by ufotunang: 11:16am On Feb 14
Nawaoooo... nigerians really miss Peter obi..
this cannot happen if Peter obi was in power
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Kajaard: 11:35am On Feb 14
casualobserver:

Very well said.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by 118enny: 1:19pm On Feb 14
WAHALA FOR BREAD CONSUMERS AND PASTRY PRODUCTSWAHALA FOR BREAD CONSUMERS AND PASTRY PRODUCTS...
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by History555: 1:24pm On Feb 14
casualobserver:
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. Nonsense!

And you think that akara and ogi will not jump in price

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 1:27pm On Feb 14
History555:

And you think that akara and ogi will not jump in price

Why is it you people have such a major problem with English? Did I say it won’t go up? In fact I specifically said it will go up in price but the money and the jobs will stay in Nigeria since they have no dollar component and their ingredients are farmed by Nigerians. By consuming rice and bread you are paying higher prices to give farmers abroad jobs.

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by maktop(m): 1:36pm On Feb 14
Shege banza pro max loading!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by keymatt(m): 1:43pm On Feb 14
BrighterSyde:
The silence of the idiots on NL that voted this govt is more annoying than the multiple failure and corruption of this govt.
I have not heard from yarimo, freestuffng can no longer afford to give anything out for free even as useless as his free stuff was, the dead meat griller who’s other moniker is NLpolicewoman is no where to be found on NL again. But let them open a thread quoting statistics you will see all of them there. A lot of brains need to be resetted
Those bandits have gone underground due to hunger and shame grin
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by NGArmyTerrorist: 1:48pm On Feb 14
Fire fire fire! Everywhere grin No body wan start protest! Una like the situation make una enjoy am!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by UptownVibes(m): 3:46pm On Feb 14
Faposky95:

..best yu could say...?
it's me and yu and our children yure pointing this to.

should yu be told that no single government water project can deliver water to a state hit by severe shortages.

yure now advising the God sent providers to down tools.
calculate the cost effects.

play Black face E DEY PAIN mE OHHH
Una need learn lesson..
E get why.. You even think its by my comment.. They are planning it already, cux the cost of production has gone up. Una go buy one bag #500 soon.. Let everybody come out and tell the government that we aren't fools,only then this nonsense can stop. Government officials are living their lives,enjoying tax payers money. Then telling citizens to endure suffering.. You are there talking about God sent in table water..
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BrighterSyde: 4:35pm On Feb 14
keymatt:
Those bandits have gone underground due to hunger and shame grin

As usual. Big fools. All of them
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by NPFLADMIN(m): 6:54pm On Feb 14
Siberia01:
Jeremiah
Uncle I never see anything ooo.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Love800(m): 8:35pm On Feb 14
How can i learn how to bake bread?
justmi1:

Keep quiet mumu. Why do you sound like the bakers increase bread price for no reason, saying they would eat thier bread. Trust me people will still buy because all other food are equally expensive. So it's not only bakers that need to protest but your silly ass. And I'm bakery owner so I can't be wretched like your generation

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Eat Chicken On Christmas Day? / Original Bottle Crushing Silver Crest Blender / Can 20dericas Of Rice Feed 60 People(children And Adult)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.