Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 (9483 Views)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / Pure Water May Be Sold For ₦100/Sachet Due To High Production Cost / Expect 50% Increase In Prices Of Bread - Bakers Tell Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by bigdammyj: 8:02am On Feb 14
Not new.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Kajaard: 8:02am On Feb 14
BrighterSyde:
The silence of the idiots on NL that voted this govt is more annoying than the multiple failure and corruption of this govt.
I have not heard from yarimo, freestuffng can no longer afford to give anything out for free even as useless as his free stuff was, the dead meat griller who’s other moniker is NLpolicewoman is no where to be found on NL again. But let them open a thread quoting statistics you will see all of them there. A lot of brains need to be resetted

Those APC miscreants like yarimo, freestuffng etc cannot even afford data anymore in this their chosen candidates regime. Hence their absence on the platform. Very shameful and pathetic lot.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by justmi1: 8:03am On Feb 14
superCleanworks:
better go on strike and SPEAK UP than to keep increasing your prices because one day you will eat all your bakings by yourself.

Bread is racing to 2,000 per loaf.

while you eat stone or your naira.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by GanagiBitrus: 8:03am On Feb 14
Anything to bring down the price of bread.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Nazgul: 8:04am On Feb 14
APC e-rats would soon come and tell us that bread in Nigeria is the cheapest in the world.

6 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by AntiChristian: 8:04am On Feb 14
Make you strike oo!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Okeoghenerobert: 8:05am On Feb 14
They should give us enough bread to eat before they go on strike o
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 8:06am On Feb 14
BrighterSyde:

Don’t mind them jare. Concessional forex is only for the politicians and the ruling class. The masses like you will continue to suffer while the politicians who are largely responsible for the dwindling naira will remain protected and still have access to these concessions.

Concessional forex is over for everybody.

2 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Maobichek: 8:07am On Feb 14
Timoleon:
I remember what I said on the 1st

2024 will be a worse economic year for Nigeria than 2023. The good news however is that 2024 will be a better economic year than 2025. Go figure.

2024 will be worst compared to 2023 and 2024 will be better than 2025!!! This is not good at all, please say something good, be positive about Nigeria. This is not about politics of APC, PDP or LP.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by autodoctor: 8:07am On Feb 14
May God still give us our daily bread. Amen

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Honestey: 8:10am On Feb 14
It's heading to the rock!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by MartinsD12(m): 8:10am On Feb 14
nairalandkachy1:

https://punchng.com/master-bakers-begin-nationwide-strike-february-27/

Nlfpmod mynd44
That's it , no body is buying bread now, imagine buying bread for 2k so the bakers now realize that even if they bake bread with high cost of production patronage is too low infact they are not selling their bread again so only option is strike , tinubu is doing well all the agbadorians I hope you people are enjoying this shege pro max wella
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by COMPAQ(m): 8:10am On Feb 14
beautyhd:
Can we allow the British to come and recolonize us again, it’s obvious we can’t handle our own affairs any longer.

APC has vowed to pull this country to the ground. Nothing is working, everything is damn wrong.

Who would ever believe that the inefficient Buhari will be missed.

Honestly, it seems like we cant manage our affairs by ourself. Honestly at this point, I don't mind military intervention, cos this democracy thing isn't working!! All we have done since 1999 is enrichen state governors, state assembly legislators, local government chairmen, NASS members, Special assistants, ministers etc. Just think of the money wasted at federal and State government level practicing this Democracy!!

Buhari though is the the main source of the problems we are in now!!
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BrighterSyde: 8:11am On Feb 14
casualobserver:

Concessional forex is over for everybody.

Keep deceiving yourself. Now I know you are a kid. That at this day and age you believe what the govt tells you, whether apc, pdp or lp then it means you have recently started following politics.
You think these policies are for the rich? I need to argue. Time will tell whether you will see any improvement or changes then you will go as far back as IBB to blame for the current failures.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by BrighterSyde: 8:11am On Feb 14
Kajaard:

Those APC miscreants like yarimo, freestuffng etc cannot even afford data anymore in this their chosen candidates regime. Hence their absence on the platform. Very shameful and pathetic lot.

They will get what is coming for them.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by israelmao(m): 8:11am On Feb 14
TInubu must rise up before he is overun by imminent revolution,people can endure all things but not hunger.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by EdiskyHarry: 8:14am On Feb 14
Nigeria is a failed nation, APC just reduced Nigeria to a laughing stock in the world
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by FOOTSOLDIER2(f): 8:15am On Feb 14
Abido shaker, gandusa gandusa grin cheesy
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by gratiaeo(m): 8:16am On Feb 14
Expect to buy family loaf bread N2000 from next month
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Charly68: 8:16am On Feb 14
Take your protest to Aso Rock so that emilokan can hear you out .. The Govt must trully wake up from her slumber..
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by gratiaeo(m): 8:18am On Feb 14
Let us join hands together to congratulate Tinubu and his supporters of failed government for recking Nigeria
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by casualobserver: 8:18am On Feb 14
BrighterSyde:

Keep deceiving yourself. Now I know you are a kid. That at this day and age you believe what the govt tells you, whether apc, pdp or lp then it means you have recently started following politics.
You think these policies are for the rich? I need to argue. Time will tell whether you will see any improvement or changes then you will go as far back as IBB to blame for the current failures.

Please make an attempt to pretend you have a brain next time you post.

When I was young, bread was something we ate at 2 or 3 times a week, whether at home or in boarding school. Rice was sundays only. I grew up in a very comfortable family so this was not about affordability. Our changing lifestyles that has caused us to depend on imported everything for even the basics is the root of the problem in Nigeria. It is also why the brains of the Nigerian youth are not properly developed…you eat too much bread, rice, indomie and processed foods all of which are also import dependent.

When I was young, whether at home or in boarding school, breakfast was either moi moi, akara, yam or beans for the majority of the week. The ingredients are local and natural….That’s why my brain is well developed and why many of you youths have stunted brains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Timoleon(m): 8:22am On Feb 14
Maobichek:

2024 will be worst compared to 2023 and 2024 will be better than 2025!!! This is not good at all, please say something good, be positive about Nigeria. This is not about politics of APC, PDP or LP.

I wish saying that garri will be 100# per paint can make it as that. Unfortunately it can't. Let's however deal with the facts. How many everyday commodity still has the same price as it was in 2023? I can't think of any let alone many.

Do you honestly believe that I'm 2025, the prices will remain the same as it is today or even reduce? Be honest with yourself even in your optimism. I don't hate Nigeria. I have children and wish them well.

I have mentioned it before it will be difficult for there to be a revolution in this country because there are many like you who genuinely believe 'speaking positive' about a truly negative situation. Before you were birthed 'e go better' has been a thing, let us pray for this country has been a thing. The economic stats and realities however shows something antithetical to that.

The economy has become harder on the average man day after day, year after year. If you truly care about this country, you won't be admonishing me to speak positively. You'd be charging me to come out and protest.

3 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Exceed15: 8:23am On Feb 14
Tinubu why na? If you can't handle Nigeria economy Biko resign. This hardship is too much. . haba !
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Bobloco: 8:24am On Feb 14
Timoleon:
I remember what I said on the 1st

2024 will be a worse economic year for Nigeria than 2023. The good news however is that 2024 will be a better economic year than 2025. Go figure.

Under this calamitous Tinubu regime, there's no better economic year.

It's all gloom and doom.

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Blazadenise(m): 8:27am On Feb 14
Fear February 27th ooooh.. Curse day now bakers strike
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Omobude244: 8:28am On Feb 14
Kingrshd3:
Make Una create or bake wheat bread or use local materials and leave oyibo bread alone
Are the materials for baking local bread cheap?

1 Like

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by endisnear: 8:31am On Feb 14
long overdue. Emi lokan ti kan wa PA ooo
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by a4cube: 8:32am On Feb 14
casualobserver:
Hear these ones! They want concessional forex in this day and age? Did our forefathers eat bread? They should please close down today so we can eat healthy ogi and akara with locally sourced ingredients. Nonsense!
Your ancestors no use Internet too.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by Anunakeeh: 8:37am On Feb 14
Maobichek:

M*m*.

Somebody posted the Truth. This one is here saying nonsense.
Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by gratiaeo(m): 8:38am On Feb 14
casualobserver:

Please make an attempt to pretend you have a brain next time you post.

When I was young, bread was something we ate at 2 or 3 times a week, whether at home or in boarding school. Rice was sundays only. I grew up in a very comfortable family so this was not about affordability. Our changing lifestyles that has caused us to depend on imported everything for even the basics is the root of the problem in Nigeria. It is also why the brains of the Nigerian youth are not properly developed…you eat too much bread, rice, indomie and processed foods all of which are also import dependent.

When I was young, whether at home or in boarding school, breakfast was either moi moi, akara, yam or beans for the majority of the week. The ingredients are local and natural….That’s why my brain is well developed and why many of you youths have stunted brains.
Stop supporting failure you refuse. If you are eating bread 2-3 a week it means you are from poor family because bread is always what we bounce on whenever we come back from school before launch

2 Likes

Re: Rising production cost: Bakers Begin Nationwide Strike On February 27 by superCleanworks(m): 8:40am On Feb 14

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do We Eat Chicken On Christmas Day? / Are Nigerians Allergic To Any Food? / Somebody Help With The Best Recipe For Moi Moi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.