Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31823 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:07pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

And at what cost to the citizens, the downtroddens? We don't produce enough to feed ourselves, now we're exporting the little we produce. Famine is around the corner. So also will the crime rate spike as we're currently witnessing
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:12pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.

modified : I don't have energy to reply the mentions coming at my post. I cannot justify my action, positively,
I just want people to have an idea where the problem of the country lies.

Prices will keep rising cause all we do is complain, no actions... Even the meekest of actions like a simple boycott
You see that 12k per bag.... It will happen and people will still buy!

You be mumu number one if you still didn't understand why he paid.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 7:14pm On Feb 14
maasoap:

You be mumu number one if you still didn't understand why he paid.

Ok
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:19pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Very stupid bunch

I had payed for some bags before this madness started, I requested my money back when they increased it.
Project stopped!

... If many people pause their projects, cement manufacturers, in fact building materials in general will be forced to drop prices because demand will sink immediately but NO.... some idiots want to prove na them get the money pass.

Would you be feeding the bricklayers and their families? Pay their children school fee too? And their hospital bills? And rents?
I'm a transport manager.
The spare parts dealers keep increasing the prices everyday and you want me to stop buying spare parts as a commercial vehicles owner when there is no coordinated national strike and bycot. Should I come to your house with my family for our daily needs if all my motors are eventually grounded?
My point is that you and the guy you quoted are blaming the wrong sector of the society. Don't we have government?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 7:23pm On Feb 14
maasoap:

Would you be feeding the bricklayers and their families? Pay their children school fee too? And their hospital bills? And rents?
I'm a transport manager.
The spare parts dealers keep increasing the prices everyday and you want me to stop buying spare parts as a commercial vehicles owner when there is no coordinated national strike and bycot. Should I come to your house with my family for our daily needs if all my motors are eventually grounded?
My point is that you and the guy you quoted are blaming the wrong sector of the society. Don't we have government?

The beginning of my post had a simple yet effective solution.
SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN FOR A REBOOTH!

.... when your TP company nor see patronage, you'll know to enter streets and ask for answers.
Price never start to increase, very soon it will be unrealsitic what's happening
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:28pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

It's exactly what's going on
People are just stamping their own prices on goods and Nigerians will complain yet buy!
A lot of people are really cashing out this period hence this situation can only worsen!
And yet, we still don't know that government needs to step in.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:30pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

The beginning of my post had a simple yet effective solution.
SHUT THE COUNTRY DOWN FOR A REBOOTH!

.... when your TP company nor see patronage, you'll know to enter streets and ask for answers.
Price never start to increase, very soon it will be unrealsitic what's happening

Without coordinated strikes, protests and or general boycott, we will be helpless. You don't get it.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 7:34pm On Feb 14
maasoap:

Without coordinated strikes, protests and or general boycott, we will be helpless. You don't get it.

... I do get it, but the boycott and protest starts with you!... Abe una TP business nor get union? ( una Union na to increase price)...
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 7:43pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

... I do get it, but the boycott and protest starts with you!... Abe una TP business nor get union? ( una Union na to increase price)...
It depends on what you meant by "you". Where is the strike that's supposed to be the mother of all? Where is the protests? You want me to ground my business when others go about how to bring money home to their family when no one will even know that my business is grounded ?
When we're ready, all of us will play our parts around the same time, including you
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by soccerlite: 7:46pm On Feb 14
Winning123:

Mumu! Rather than think on how to leverage the above information, you are insulting Tinubu. The problem with many of you is that you are MENTALLY LAZY. Challenges presents opportunities. But no for people like you. All you do all day is to abuse Tinubu who don't even know you exist.

Have you leverage the information?

Does tinubu know you exist?

May the situation of nigeria under tinubu be the situation of your life and generation

May all the evil occurrences happening never seize in your life and generation
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 7:47pm On Feb 14
maasoap:

It depends on what you meant by "you". Where is the strike that's supposed to be the mother of all? Where is the protests? You want me to ground my business when others go about how to bring money home to their family when no one will even know that my business is grounded ?
When we're ready, all of us will play our parts around the same time, including you

Charlie very soon... There will be no businesses to run.
Some mini cement shops in my area already shut down. The ones left, very soon na beating and slaps dem go dey collect on behalf of dangote.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by freemanq(m): 8:44pm On Feb 14
Who open borders for them?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by maasoap(m): 9:02pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Charlie very soon... There will be no businesses to run.
Some mini cement shops in my area already shut down. The ones left, very soon na beating and slaps dem go dey collect on behalf of dangote.
A dealer who has not bought cements for some time called me this evening and said cement is now available at 9k per bag
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by SirBunky85(m): 9:56pm On Feb 14
CodeTemplar:
The fallout of bitter politics by Tinubu.

Why not buy the rice into national strategic grain reserve since anchow borrow scheme funds was crucial in growing those rice?

He wants to rubbish anything Emefiele at all cost. Vengeful creature.
shallow cum deluded submission from a naive being

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Candreva: 12:39am On Feb 15
I'm not worried about this comment, I'm more worried about the people who liked it.
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Apel147(m): 1:44am On Feb 15
Now it's about Tinubu? The north is not barren anymore 🤣🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜😜

Kaycee9242:
Tinubu will handle economy my foot
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by hilaryCU(m): 7:52am On Feb 15
inoki247:

Lol with all the increments people are still buying all this things that's where I don't even understand.....

When they say Economy is so good most of our parent are building mud house and couldn't afford Peugout 504 of 3k Naira den....

Economy was good den buh they've no working to show cement was cheap den buh it's hard for people to build a house...

Now that we say everything is worst and unbearable people are still doing things and achieving far better than when the economy was good....

Right now almost all produce is being arbitrage I think this where the present problem we are facing is coming from due to Naira floating people prefer to sell across to border any goods from Nigeria to make more profit....
Alot of all these things you said people ate achieving are monies made outside of Nigeria.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by inoki247: 8:45am On Feb 15
hilaryCU:
Alot of all these things you said people ate achieving are monies made outside of Nigeria.

Lol you don't have to made money outside Nigeria...

Right now that things are like this people are still cashing out than back in the days....

Most of the hand work we av now they don't have it in olden days what's the population of people that owns a car back in days to now....

Buh the more cars we have the more mechanic, rewire, panelbeater are cashing out what about houses that's where you engage a tiler, Pop man, Plumber electricians, if you want solar, CCtv also are all this people making dere money outside...

There's more hand work to engage nd make money than before so stop saying people are making money from outside....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) / Groundnut Pyramid In Nigeria In 1970 (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.