Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31802 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by sekundosekundo: 2:32pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Hence I said at the beginning of my post, the country be shut down and a REBOOTH initiated.
In your words, we buy we nor buy... Price must increase... Does that sound GREAT TO YOU.
IS cement a necessity?

Have you tried boycotting these goods and see the outcome?
Problem with most stupid Nigerians, is they apply economics to everything. Hence they will tell you a bag of rice is 80k and you accept and buy!

You should know that there are many people out there enjoying even in this present situation. They won't because of you stop there projects.
Your government is clueless and wicked.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by VULCAN(m): 2:41pm On Feb 14
At the end of it this fellow is just plenty hot air.

I kept reading thinking he was going to reveal what he expected Nigerians to do.

I kept reading till I got to the end.

The best I could make out was that he expected the man who came to buy cement to beat him up and drop 10k per bag and make off with the 10 bags.

A write up full of hot air but no sense

Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.

modified : I don't have energy to reply the mentions coming at my post. I cannot justify my action, positively,
I just want people to have an idea where the problem of the country lies.

Prices will keep rising cause all we do is complain, no actions... Even the meekest of actions like a simple boycott
You see that 12k per bag.... It will happen and people will still buy!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Asswipemod: 2:51pm On Feb 14
Paraman:

https://punchng.com/famine-looms-as-sokoto-traders-flood-niger-republics-markets-with-local-rice/?amp

Nigerians, especially Northern Nigerians, are natural saboteurs. This is economic sabotage. The government should clamp down hard on illegal exportation. This is one of the reasons why the country keeps bleeding. But hateful, vengeful and bitter folks who have sold their souls to Hoebee will choose to see differently. I don't know what magic they want the president to perform under 7 months when all they are waiting for is his failure and the chance to gloat and also the chance to sabotage his efforts. U a go suffer am and Obi will still never be president.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by honor4real(m): 2:56pm On Feb 14
CodeTemplar:
The fallout of bitter politics by Tinubu.

Why not buy the rice into national strategic grain reserve since anchow borrow scheme funds was crucial in growing those rice?

He wants to rubbish anything Emefiele at all cost. Vengeful creature.

You mean that Emefiele that crumbled our economy?

Emefiele is the genesis of economic hardship in the country today.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Hanndye: 3:04pm On Feb 14
quote author=Asswipemod post=128331805]

So crashing prices will plunge the economy into further depression. Interesting. SMH.[/quote]
Hello oo! Remember our little discussion?

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Ade3131: 3:12pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
As if you Nigerian isn’t a 100x worse than him.

Maybe he is a Tinubu & APC supporter?

My guess is that you're not a Nigerian neither is he.

And for your information, not every person you see with a Yoruba name supported Tinubu.... And the subject of the discuss was not about Tinubu, it's more about the difficulty most people subject their fellow citizens to just bcuz of the situation on ground. It's a shame!

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by hansomb: 3:23pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

modified : I don't have energy to reply the mentions coming at my post. I cannot justify my action, positively,

Prices will keep rising cause all we do is complain, no actions... Even the meekest of actions like a simple boycott
and you still have the audacity to complain ? When you are the problem
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by emmatuegbe(m): 3:27pm On Feb 14
And Nigeria government will continue to give rice farmers in the North grant for rice farming, and the end product will end up in Niger republic and Chad. How can this country move forward. This is the same thing they do for petroleum products. If it were in the south west by now, you would have heard custom impound this and that, and custom killed this
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by LastProphet: 3:36pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

None of our food qualifies to be sold in those developed countries, our beans is rated the most poisonous because of our farming practices. Only other hopeless countries like us will be buying our food
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by m948: 3:55pm On Feb 14
Subscribe to watch

https://www.youtube.com/@content-academy?sub_confirmation=1
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Achor1111(m): 4:05pm On Feb 14
Tinubu is teaching OBIdients political lessons
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by FuckAnyFuckable: 4:14pm On Feb 14
blacknp:
Please sharap, na every discussion poor man must render in own opinion?

Sorry Bro I was only trying to add some sense to your low IQ comment. Sorry o rich man but believe or not I will feed and cloth you and your enitire family for 20years comfortably with my weekly income. Arindoit.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by EmmyDJourno: 4:20pm On Feb 14
I hope those fools who supported Tinubu know it will not be well with them
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by sylve11: 4:30pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Hmmm cool
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by honour7: 4:47pm On Feb 14
inoki247:

Lol with all the increments people are still buying all this things that's where I don't even understand.....

When they say Economy is so good most of our parent are building mud house and couldn't afford Peugout 504 of 3k Naira den....

Economy was good den buh they've no working to show cement was cheap den buh it's hard for people to build a house...

Now that we say everything is worst and unbearable people are still doing things and achieving far better than when the economy was good....

Majority of the populace are not achieving any far better, the people that buy goods without pricing are in a form of corruption or another, no body who made his money legally would just be told of a price increase and he will just pay just like that
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by OYEDIPE(m): 4:53pm On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

You are right... But na suffer no be here.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by inoki247: 4:55pm On Feb 14
honour7:

Majority of the populace are not achieving any far better, the people that buy goods without pricing are in a form of corruption or another, no body who made his money legally would just be told of a price increase and he will just pay just like that

Lol wether corruption or not there's more achievement and evidence now than the days when they told us economy was good....

Is jus explanation no evidence...

Cement was so cheap den and still they couldn't afford it buh opt in for mud...
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by efemena5050(m): 5:04pm On Feb 14
Angelfrost:
Lol... You see this nation called Nigeria ehn, forget it!

Forget about government failing to lead well, average Nigerians won't allow this country make progress.

I have finally understood that the biggest undoing of this nation are the citizens.

I don kukuma wash my hands comot for Naija matter.

If I were Peter Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar, I would hands off as well... They wouldn't have made a damn difference.

This nation is condemned by her unpatriotic, insensitive, selfish and wicked citizens to retrogression.

Na Dictatorship fit this country!

Nothing wey anybody wan tell me... Just don't bring any arguments here.

Weird and crooked citizens of a Banana Republic!!! undecided
ur very correct Nigerians are very selfish wicked greedy and morally upright people with no credibility.....we are very insensitive and wicked when it comes to empathy .....our common greed always make us to sabotage our economy and then cry against the useless leaders that share similarities with us the citizens........
When evils work for an average Nigerian they feel they are favoured loved and more sensible than other .....but when things fail to work they lazily cry out without doing anything

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by PHAYOL81: 5:29pm On Feb 14
Home never chop reach, you dey carry go give away chop.

ON a serious note, this call for massive involvement of other regions and tribes in the farming and the food production chain in order to attain food sufficiency all across the nation. Relying solely on only north for majority of our food supply will not help our growth on the short and long run.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

GOD BLESS THE WESTERN NIGERIA MORE
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Harmic995(m): 5:32pm On Feb 14
I thought I'm the only that understands this country the way u just explain it so,
Una see this country ehn, I swear we need someone like XI JIN PING of china or KIM of North Korea.
Angelfrost:
Lol... You see this nation called Nigeria ehn, forget it!

Forget about government failing to lead well, average Nigerians won't allow this country make progress.

I have finally understood that the biggest undoing of this nation are the citizens.

I don kukuma wash my hands comot for Naija matter.

If I were Peter Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar, I would hands off as well... They wouldn't have made a damn difference.

This nation is condemned by her unpatriotic, insensitive, selfish and wicked citizens to retrogression.

Na Dictatorship fit this country!

Nothing wey anybody wan tell me... Just don't bring any arguments here.

Weird and crooked citizens of a Banana Republic!!! undecided
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Angelfrost(m): 5:34pm On Feb 14
Harmic995:
I thought I'm the only that understands this country the way u just explain it so,
Una see this country ehn, I swear we need someone like XI JIN PING of china or KIM of North Korea.

Nothing short of brutal force will set this nation around...!

Democracy is not for the average Nigerian.

This is not up for argument.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 5:51pm On Feb 14
VULCAN:
At the end of it this fellow is just plenty hot air.

I kept reading thinking he was going to reveal what he expected Nigerians to do.

I kept reading till I got to the end.

The best I could make out was that he expected the man who came to buy cement to beat him up and drop 10k per bag and make off with the 10 bags.

A write up full of hot air but no sense

You're a dunce.... EOD
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 5:54pm On Feb 14
Kukutente23:

Why should your tenants pay your increased rent? They just stupid!!
They should pack out of your house innit?

... For country wey light nor dey, you see a flat with 24/7 power supply and you want to opt for what again? undecided
Na so you like suffer ni?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by mukthar2000(m): 5:55pm On Feb 14
IamAtikulate:

Tinubu and his Yoruba brothers caused this. Don't try to shift the blame
can u enlight me more about that pls Mr Atikulate?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Kukutente23: 6:00pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

... For country wey light nor dey, you see a flat with 24/7 power supply and you want to opt for what again? undecided
Na so you like suffer ni?
For country wey hosting cost. You see money but cement and you want to opt for what again?

Your tenants must be stupid to pay increased rent on your house when they can fix the solar themselves and cheaper too undecided
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by tommy589(m): 6:10pm On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Ok then keep buying and falling prey!

Elephant is now 8,000 no longer 7,300 I quoted earlier. My first awareness with price of cement was when it was two Naira
I will understand if you pause your project for other reasons. But if you have more than enough don't wait anticipating price reduction.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by SaLongs1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 14
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
grin

I remembered that useless former Kano governor and that midget from kaduna. They were chanting jihad jihad jihad. They said Islam must triumph and Muslim tickets is a sure bet.

They said Obi and the Igbo must be taught a lesson.

They said they will suppress and oppress northern Christians.

Today the people crying most are the Muslim West and Muslim north. Una go smell una nyash Las Las . Tenibu never even reach one year for office una dey cry of hungry.

Wait ooo, there is one idiot in this forum that goes by the name HungerBad. Where is him
I just hope hunger has not finished Hungerbad grin
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by newnigerdelta00: 6:15pm On Feb 14
Kaycee9242:
Tinubu will handle economy my foot

Your mate nor dey do farm work, can't you plant yourself, everything na Tinubu
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 6:24pm On Feb 14
Kukutente23:

For country wey hosting cost. You see money but cement and you want to opt for what again?

Your tenants must be stupid to pay increased rent on your house when they can fix the solar themselves and cheaper too undecided

Ok
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by ekemma676: 6:49pm On Feb 14
Those Northerners see people from Nigeria like their brothers than they see those from Southern Nigeria Those Northerners see people from Nigeria like their brothers than they see those from Southern Nigeria ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.