Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice (31795 Views)

Tomato Scarcity Looms As FG Approves Importation For Nine Companies / Strange Insects Attack Crops In Kano - Farmers Cry Out, As Food Shortage Looms / Nigeria Heading For Famine Due To Boko Haram Killings — Kaduna Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by ideatoprince18(m): 11:19am On Feb 14
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Winning123: 11:19am On Feb 14
erai30:
O God send us a Joseph, because this Pharaoh called BAT have no idea in ruling a country.

LAZY FELLOW! Use the brain God has given. God did not send anyone to Isaac when there was famine in the land. He sought God's face who told him what to do. Bunch of LAZY FELLOWS always looking for free stuffs

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by OgbeniOptional(m): 11:19am On Feb 14
Lol, From the fertilizer government gave you guys freely or heavily subsidized? If food is cheap, transportation cost will go down as well cuz a Taxi driver won’t have to add price cuz food is expensive too. Nigerians, when do we stop hatred or making life harder for each other?

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Yestogood: 11:20am On Feb 14
Joezybin:
We will survive ooo. We are fearless

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Realdeals(m): 11:21am On Feb 14
Why the worry when majority of Nigerians detest local rice.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Blaze14k: 11:21am On Feb 14
BrodaBenad:
grin

Tinubu is a disaster

Gbajue people on the mud

I'm wondering who is the real gbajue here.. tinubu played them big time

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by nurric(m): 11:21am On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:
Weak Naira is making our goods easier to export.

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

Charity begins at home when there'sfood shortage and high inflation , feed your hungry citizen first
before export.

3 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Nyouth: 11:22am On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.
... This suffering has NO SOLUTION until we do the bloody neccesities.
The country should be SHUTDOWN and a REBOOTH demanded!

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

My tenant returned, I transfer him 100k and chuckin 20k.

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians.
lolz, in others words Nigerian are fools

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by IAMBOSS1990: 11:22am On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:
Lol... As usual, complain and keep buying. Even if the rice na 50% stone 50% grains... Nigerians will buy it, while the leaders import theirs.

I was chilling at my tenants cement shop yesterday for some hours while he went to supply.
A customer came and said he wanted cement, ( in my heart I wanted to confirm truly how stupid Nigerians are), I boldly bluntly told him 12k per bag (against the current 10k it's currently sold at).
Lo and behold after murmuring some stupid word like ya'all do online. He requested for 10bags.

I went into my componud to drive out my car and supplied him myself. He was like "ah this fine car for cement, I replied my boys carry cememt motor go supply... You nor fit wait!

Oga what's the difference with what you did and what armed robbers and kidnappers are doing?

4 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Justiceleague1: 11:22am On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

Are you for real!?
So you just hammer something yesterday,just like that 😁
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by nairalanda1(m): 11:22am On Feb 14
Meanwhile, we are not producing enough rice at home to the point where we can export AND Have enough at home

All this is due to years of not having a good domestic production of rice. That's why our agro sector was not prepared for the devaluation of the naira, because we are not producing enough rice to satisfy everyone.

Time for mechanized, largescale farming. And time to become an exporter of manufactured goods and services, instead of relying on the price of oil to buffer our naira.

3 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Justiceleague1: 11:23am On Feb 14
IAMBOSS1990:

Oga what's the difference with what you did and what armed robbers and kidnappers are doing?
Guy abeg chill..this ya Yan nor follow at all
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:23am On Feb 14
Southwestidiot:
which goods? When farmers can't enter their farmlands anymore due to insecurity.

And where is the local rice sold to Niger Republic sources from? I guess there isn't insecurity issue in our local farms right? Sit there and complain wella.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by callmevirus(m): 11:23am On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

Soon, US, UK and EU will start coming to buy our agricultural produce, which will organically restrengthen the Naira in the long run.

Olodo

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Editorialtimes: 11:24am On Feb 14
Kaycee9242:
Tinubu will handle economy my foot

Don't blame him. It seems you didn't read the article.

I'm surprised at your comment is actually you read it

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Exceed15: 11:25am On Feb 14
Muslim Muslim ticket how una dey?
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 11:26am On Feb 14
Justiceleague1:

Are you for real!?
So you just hammer something yesterday,just like that 😁

It's exactly what's going on
People are just stamping their own prices on goods and Nigerians will complain yet buy!
A lot of people are really cashing out this period hence this situation can only worsen!

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Justiceleague1: 11:27am On Feb 14
1CFA=#2.47!!!!!
What a shame!!!!!
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by LordBillionz: 11:28am On Feb 14
The tribal bigot and fake professor Soyinka has been in the hiding packaging another tribal lie to tell.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 11:28am On Feb 14
Kaycee9242:
Tinubu will handle economy my foot
Because food is cheaper in Nigeria, they choose to export to neighboring countries where they sell it for a higher price, you blame Tinubu for your gross ignorance & lack of comprehension?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Editorialtimes: 11:29am On Feb 14
Winning123:

Mumu! Rather than think on how to leverage the above information, you are insulting Tinubu. The problem with many of you is that you are MENTALLY LAZY. Challenges presents opportunities. But no for people like you. All you do all day is to abuse Tinubu who don't even know you exist.

Don't mind the stark illiterates. They don't understand anything.

2 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Tonididdyx: 11:29am On Feb 14
IAMBOSS1990:

I know but It was an experiment that turned into an IDGAF moment.
It's just a proof to show you what's happening in the country is pure wickedness.
Of course I wouldn't do that again but people should learn to have ONE VOICE.
BOYCOTT these damn goods increasing everyday and let's see what will happen to their prices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 11:30am On Feb 14
LordBillionz:
The tribal bigot and fake professor Soyinka has been in the hiding packaging another tribal lie to tell.
Please up, Inconsequential incoherent Thing like yourself.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Drone95(m): 11:31am On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

which of ur goods will they come & buy?

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Emir01: 11:32am On Feb 14
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing good is coming out of tinubu's administration

Ode! Tell your people and your governor to start farming.

1 Like

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by Angelfrost(m): 11:33am On Feb 14
Lol... You see this nation called Nigeria ehn, forget it!

Forget about government failing to lead well, average Nigerians won't allow this country make progress.

I have finally understood that the biggest undoing of this nation are the citizens.

I don kukuma wash my hands comot for Naija matter.

If I were Peter Obi, Kwankwaso and Atiku Abubakar, I would hands off as well... They wouldn't have made a damn difference.

This nation is condemned by her unpatriotic, insensitive, selfish and wicked citizens to retrogression.

Na Dictatorship fit this country!

Nothing wey anybody wan tell me... Just don't bring any arguments here.

Weird and crooked citizens of a Banana Republic!!! undecided

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by seborrhic: 11:33am On Feb 14
IAMBOSS1990:

So you believe him?
The tenant has no one to look after the shop in his absence?
Who leaves a market shop open for a landlord to be selling for him and who does the offloading and onloading?
It's as if you haven't bought cement before to believe this poorly concocted tale.

4 Likes

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by sirpharrell(m): 11:34am On Feb 14
But economically speaking, this is good for Nigeria on the long run.
If we are now exporting agricultural produce to other countries, it means our farmers will have more money in their pockets and more people will be encouraged to cultivate the vast arable land that we have.
All the government needs to do is to tackle the issue of insecurity that has bedevilled the sector for too long.
More people will take to farming and all the produce can not be exported.
Nigeria might be on her way to food sufficiency if the government can just tackle insecurity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blacknp(m): 11:34am On Feb 14
Tonididdyx:

.... It's at this point I concluded of the stupidity of many Nigerians .
Na the same validated mumu citizens, backed by The NLC & TUC way they shout say Buhari & Tinubu tricked us in 2012 against Jonathan’s fuel subsidy removal.

Shameless people.
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by LordBillionz: 11:36am On Feb 14
blacknp:
Please up, Inconsequential incoherent Thing like yourself.
Say whatever you want, but he's a tribal bigot and double faced demon.

Deal with that and yeah, he's inconsequential as you too to any positive change in the country but has being instrumental to the wreck the country has been reduced too.

That's your tribal professor.

And, name one positive impact the f*ol of a processor has made on the nation aside being a tribalistic fool that goes into hiding once he helps put the nation through tribslism in the hands of those ravaging it. He did it with Buhari and he's widely known as failure. He did same with Tinubu and the fossil started failing from day one.

F*ols...
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by SouthSouth1914: 11:37am On Feb 14
Dobodobo04:

Dream on
Re: Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice by blowjohn(m): 11:38am On Feb 14
It's not like they're not making profits here o.

But they want even larger profits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) / Best Cassava Production Plan To Help You Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.