Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP (13968 Views)

All 44 Candidates On Navy Supplementary List Under Buhari Are Northerners - SR / Adamu Garba Asks Buhari: Are You Leading Nigerians Or Catching Cruise? / Whistleblower: FG Pays For Funds Recovered Not Mere Exposure ― Malami's Aide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by dre11(m): 4:48pm On Feb 14
Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From Central Bank Of Nigeria – SERAP

The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has claimed that all the stolen public funds recovered between 2016 and 2019 by the immediate past government of Muhammadu Buhari are missing from the Central Bank of Nigeria.

The group revealed this on Wednesday afternoon via its verified page, adding that the missing looted funds were discovered when the management of the apex bank could not account for them.

BREAKING: Recovered stolen public funds between 2016 and 2019 are reportedly missing from the Central Bank of Nigeria [CBN]. The Auditor-General of the Federation wants the CBN to account for the money,” the group wrote on social media.

Recall that the Human and Environmental Development Agenda (HEDA Resource Centre) had earlier said it disagreed with the Nigerian government on the amount of looted funds the latter said it recovered from 2015 to 2022

The Buhari Government disclosed that over one billion dollars were recovered as looted funds by the administration within the period of seven and half years.

The former Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, who made this known while briefing newsmen said $1 billion in looted funds had so far been recovered by the Buhari-led administration.

Commenting on the issue of looted funds, Malami stated that the funds had been deployed to various sectors of the economy, including poverty alleviation.

However, Mr Olanrewaju Suraju, Chairman of HEDA Resource Centre had disclosed that the figure published by the government was not accurate.

He said the only thing that was correct about President Buhari's administration was the inconsistency in the stating and flaunting of figures, especially regarding asset recovery.

Suraju lamented that the government’s asset recovery programme had not been coordinated.

He explained that a serious government that values statistics and data could have been more constructive and responsible to provide data that covers international recoveries and local recoveries.

https://saharareporters.com/2024/02/14/stolen-funds-recovered-under-buhari-are-currently-missing-central-bank-nigeria-serap

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by bennybuhari: 4:50pm On Feb 14
Who will arrest Buhari now?

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by MADIFF: 4:52pm On Feb 14
Buhari must be too powerful he isn't answerable to anything done under his watch.

BUHARI IS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by slivertongue: 5:01pm On Feb 14
the C in APC means Criminals.
The criminals cleaned the treasury

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Built2last: 5:20pm On Feb 14
What we need is a leader with political will.

Nigeria is not broke. Our money is in the hands of elites who became rich by fraud

Track all Abacha returned loot and you will recover money to build world class hospitals and jail all former presidents, former EFCC chairmen, Ministers of Finance and CBN governors.

Where is the Ikoyi seized 46 million dollars that Buhari used to shine as a corruption fighter.

Former NNPC MD hid dollars in his village. where is that money?

Was recovered to be relooted.

we never ready

88 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by chiagozien(m): 5:31pm On Feb 14
Nigeria is useless country

21 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by DatNiggaDaz: 5:33pm On Feb 14
They are not missing. Check the Bullion vans at Bourdillon city perhaps.

Nigeria- a Circus Arena misadministered by Clowns

30 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by christistruth01: 6:09pm On Feb 14
Emefiele work be that

Nigeria put the Cat in Charge of the pot of Egusi Soup

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Offpoint1: 6:12pm On Feb 14
APC were crying how corrupt was PDP, how PDP mismanaged Nigeria for 16. They sold lies to their gullible zombies, and they voted them in. As it stands today, they've surpassed PDP in all ramifications when it comes to failure and corruption.

They called Jonathan clueless, Buhari came and was "Never Aware" of anything. Their new messiah is currently ruining the country on Trials and Erros with no headways.

31 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by OgaRico(m): 6:12pm On Feb 14
Gbam!
In other news, thief thief money wey thief thief.

7 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Holymann(m): 6:13pm On Feb 14
Unrelated, would I be getting a good deal if I swap my new Infinix Smart 8 for and Itel s23+ 10k cash??

1 Like

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by SultanOfAbia: 6:13pm On Feb 14
The same old men will be shocked when teenagers start doing yahoo.

When our Elders are not ashamed of stealing and scamming Nigerians.
What the hell do you expect

Young ones will always follow footsteps of their Elders
Our Elders steal billions Infront of us without hiding it

That is why I and my family have started doing yahoo.

You cannot tell me what I'm doing is wrong
But you praise the politicians for doing the same thing.

I'm a yahoo boy
I'm not different from Politicians
We are doing the same thing
Politicians scam their own people
Me I'm scamming white people
That's the only difference between me and all these politicians.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Sibrah: 6:13pm On Feb 14
Fixed deposit?

1 Like

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by cmikel: 6:13pm On Feb 14
hELLO

PLEASE GO AND GET BUHARI FOR QUESTIONING ON WHAT HAPPENED UNDER HIS WATCH,

A COUNTRY CAN NOT SUCCEED WHEN YOU EXEMPT A PAST LEADER FROM CORRUPT ON WHAT THEY HAVE DONE

7 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Lincton: 6:13pm On Feb 14
Thief thief everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Ofodirinwa: 6:13pm On Feb 14
Let people enjoy their corn, your own go come

3 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Nilx: 6:14pm On Feb 14
I said it! Nigerian is just blessed with abundance of kleptomania politician. I bet, we can't never run out of them no matter how much we try.

We have continuously enshrine kleptocracy into democracy, as a matter that's the only system of government that perform exceedingly in our era, sadly.

F*ck APC, Bleep her supporters

5 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by slaawomirr: 6:14pm On Feb 14
Damnnn niggar

Tinubu

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by inoki247: 6:14pm On Feb 14
Lol ole gbe ole GBA....

1 Like

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by nawa4naija(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14
This is just the genesis because we are talking about what Buhari did

What Tinubu will do will leave Nigeria and Nigerians devastated for the next fourty years

Mark my words

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by yeshuasfootstep(m): 6:15pm On Feb 14
Ok. Where are the people saying we are dead broke?

I know they're talking of what will be left after the looting.

I hope you people see the danger of overlooting.

7 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by alpharoyalty: 6:15pm On Feb 14
Why have they not arrested buhari by now

5 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Goodoldays(m): 6:16pm On Feb 14
If dem explain Nigeria give you,you understand am,dem no explain well to you.

7 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by 004gist: 6:16pm On Feb 14
grin
Buhari and his secretary boss mustapha claimed they forged his signature, used such to move money from CBN and gullible Nigerians will believed the story after all Buhari is saint.

If such a thing happened in Jonathan's government how will the opposition see it?

Saint Buhari...criminals everywhere

Saint Buhari pray for us

6 Likes

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by Yankee101: 6:16pm On Feb 14
Naija
Stealing stolen funds recovered

1 Like

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by tiswell(m): 6:17pm On Feb 14
Man as a president na agba yahoo😂

1 Like

Re: Stolen Funds Recovered Under Buhari Are Currently Missing From CBN: SERAP by ZombiePUNISHER: 6:18pm On Feb 14
God punish anyone who supported Buhari for eight years only to call him names today...

especially on this thread..
God punish you all

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Economy Will Pick Up In 2017, Says FG / Abiola’s ‘Inaugural Address’ On June 11, 1994 / Buhari Has Not Disappointed — Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.