Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis (29935 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre / Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 9:58am On Feb 15
tuoyoojo:
The problem with this subsidy is that when govt claims they want to remove subsidy so they can "save" money to help the economy, does the average man on the street benefit the answer is No!!.

Before subsidy is removed, what are the buffers placed to act as shock absorbers for the ordinary man.

Where is the cheap mass transit system, where is the increase is salary, can the govt claim to used the money judiciously

Are our lives better for it now that the price was increased from 97 to 670. What direction is the country going to. Look at the spiralling inflation affecting the cost of goods

The govt better keep paying the subsidy and reduce their excess expenditure on themselves. The masses have made their sacrifices already. Now it's time for the govt to make theirs
Just be watching,one idiotttt will come and attackkk you now and say you are wrong,that subsidy is jeopardizing our economy. I spit on such animalsss defending this dreaded government and their evil deeds.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 10:03am On Feb 15
emperor4love:
that guy is clown and de most foolish being on earth that should hv gone out of existence
As in eeeehh! His senses are already buried.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 10:06am On Feb 15
iwaeda:

Do you know what deregulation means. Go and wash your head. If you remove subsidy it means market forces determine the price. grin grin grin grin grin grin
He is obviously ignorant of that.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:16am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:
If one has been following this thing for as long as I have, you would see that we are paying a subsidy.

1.APC apologists cry that fuel is not being subsidised...well it is. Landing cost was N720 as at October, now it is N1000..meaning subsidy costs rose from N20-140 to N300-420 per liter today. We are pushing ourselves into more debt so see where we are

2.IN 2012 january, landing cost was N99 per liter, now it is N1000. Fuel price was N97 per liter now it is N580-720.

Assuming Nigeria kept fuel at N97 per liter as some PDP apologists wanted , by now subsidy would have risen from N2 per liter to N920 per liter ...and note that fuel consumption has risen over the years.

We would have a debt that would make our current debt look like the pocket money you give your 10 year old.

See how much subsidy costs? But all of you, be it PDP or APC or LP, many of you want it.

Oya, come and get your fuel at N97....lol.

MOdified

I find it amusing some people think I support APC because of this comment. APC is still paying subsidy, meanwhile I oppose payment of subsidy....so apparently I am an aAPC supporter.

See, I don't get NIgerians. Someone is supporting something that is in opposition to the party in power, yet is a supporter of the party.

I pray God opens your eyes to see what I see, all ye who quote me, then you will understand there is a method to my madness.
Amaizing!! Just amaizing how ye manage to turn logic on its head.

In 2012 crude oil was around 120 per barrel and subsidy was just N2 per liter according to you.

In 2023, crude oil is less than 90 per barrel and subsidy will now be N920 according to you
Make it make sense dear boy.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:18am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

And paying subsidy more and more means our debt woild grow to the point where it is x times larger than our income and where we run out of money.

Sri lanka version 2 loading.
It's Sri Lanka now no more Venezuela

How is Saudi able to sell fuel at about N70 per litre and without subsidy too?

Is there something we're missing here
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by akindap07(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15
This is an insightful read.

I just hope they find a way out of this somehow…the effect of all this is beginning scary by the day!

POV - So Nigerian Ports Authority charges, vessel charges, the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency charge…all these NIGERIAN AGENCIES have always charged in dollars…??
smh
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 1:09pm On Feb 15
ReubenE:

I would rather have you respond to the other critical issues in my submission than you saying "your PDP"

Is subsidy the reason for the growth in the landing cost like you made it appear in your lead post?
Will removing subsidy reduce the landing cost?

Instead of you to be talking about the forex debacle that is largely responsible for the growth in subsidy since 2015, you are obsessed with subsidy subsidy.
Is subsidy the reason inflation is at a record high

Irrelevant. Subsidy had to go in 2012, and it has to go now.

I'm done with you. We can agree to disagree. If you like, continue quoting me, I'm not discussing this with you again.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15
Agbegbaorogboye:

Agbegbaorogboye:

In 2012 crude oil was around 120 per barrel and subsidy was just N2 per liter according to you.

In 2023, crude oil is less than 90 per barrel and subsidy will now be N920 according to you

Hi, Kukutenla, Kukutente23, OJutana, and Adegboriotejoye.

Monicker no 5, because you want to be a winner on the internet.

Good afternoon. I ain't interested in discussing with you, as I called you out for being a bully, and you refused to listen. And so, go and sit down, and enjoy your life.

This after all is the internet.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 1:14pm On Feb 15
Agbegbaorogboye:

LOL...nests on the head, Mr Ojutana,Kukutente23,Kukutenla,Adegborioteoje.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15
Agbegbaorogboye:

I have an answer, but people like you don't have the means of understanding it, and would promptly begin laughing like the members of a certain species I won't name, so, since I follow Matthew, especially a certain chapter in his book in the bible, I can't answer.

Better calm down, my lad. You always don't have to be right. But right now, you can be, so congrats.

Bye for the last time, and do play more with the kids....
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by william1ehsan: 1:52pm On Feb 15
Shege after shege yeaShege after shege After shege after shege,..yeaa Shege after shege yeaShege after shege After shege after shege,..yeaa ...
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Zetty177x: 5:17pm On Feb 15
Johnjustice:

Other president didn't float it, for this reason, which is a valid reason.

We should only float our currency, when it can compete.

Economics in real life is different from text book economics...we need to do what work for us and our people, this is why we have an economic minister, and economic team, to fashion solutions that fit our indegenous problems. IMF either does not care about Nigeria or is completely out of touch of the reality here, I find it absurd that only yesterday they adviced Nigerian government to remove electricity subsidies. IMF can not be using European template to advice us in Nigeria. In Europe they have good public healthcare, good subsidized public transportation, subsidized food, good social care, and some nations pay their citizens social security payments, IMF did not tell America to stop paying his citizens free salaries because America owes debt, up to the tune of 20trillion dollars.

In Nigeria there is nothing you can mention that the citizens enjoy... subsidies must come back, for us to boost our home economy, for Nigeria is sustained by the millions of small businesses that depends on cheap fuel, cheap electricity tarrifs to survive and thrive.

I want to like this comment a quadrillion times.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Johnjustice: 5:21pm On Feb 15
Zetty177x:

I want to like this comment a quadrillion times.
This is our only nation, we can only talk and protest peacefully, as the law proposes...but there comes a breaking point when the people feel they have nothing to loose, that's when chaos ensues, fueled by hunger and deprivation, the people will resort to violence, it is a natural reaction...I pray this political class are sensitive enough to take drastic measures, rescind this naira floating for now, it will lead to disaster. We all must add our voices to amplify this message.

The people deserve subsidies, national wealth is not to be enjoyed by political actors alone.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:13pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

I have an answer, but people like you don't have the means of understanding it, and would promptly begin laughing like the members of a certain species I won't name, so, since I follow Matthew, especially a certain chapter in his book in the bible, I can't answer.

Better calm down, my lad. You always don't have to be right. But right now, you can be, so congrats.

Bye for the last time, and do play more with the kids....
Corny you
Your answer is already defeated in your mind cause you know I'm not doing those you can deceive with your terrible propaganda which you dress in alternative facts
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 15
Agbegbaorogboye:

Who are these people you are mentioning thinking I'm same with them?

I see I'm not the only one who is giving you nightmares at your job.

Amaizing. Just amaizing

Nests on the head.

Good night, kukutente23. cheesy
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by nairalanda1(m): 6:23pm On Feb 15
Agbegbaorogboye:

Have a good time, Ojuntana. cheesy

I like the way you and your pal lex have allowed me enter your minds and control you. I am a very exacting master, so enjoy my rule over you.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:26pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

Nests on the head.

Good night, kukutente.23. cheesy

Indeeed thou art got me cornfused with someone else
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Gboss247(m): 6:29pm On Feb 15
Offpoint1:

What is landing cost? If Nigeria leaders past and present wasn't useless, all the trillions wasted on subsidy isn't enough to have at least 3-6 running refineries?
Nigerian government building oil refineries does not eliminate the issue of subsidy because government don't do business to make profits but to provide essential utilities at loss. The NNPC was a Nationlized Corporation i.e a loss-making, subsidized, value-subtracting industry until PIA 2021 commercialized NNPC into NNPCL (a profit making, unsubsidized value-adding industry).
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Exceed15: 8:11pm On Feb 15
Kai shege banza. I laugh and e dey sweet me.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Zetty177x: 8:22pm On Feb 15
Johnjustice:

This is our only nation, we can only talk and protest peacefully, as the law proposes...but there comes a breaking point when the people feel they have nothing to loose, that's when chaos ensues, fueled by hunger and deprivation, the people will resort to violence, it is a natural reaction...I pray this political class are sensitive enough to take drastic measures, rescind this naira floating for now, it will lead to disaster. We all must add our voices to amplify this message.

The people deserve subsidies, national wealth is not to be enjoyed by political actors alone.

Knowledge full ur body
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by patrickcollins: 9:10pm On Feb 15
nairalanda1:
If one has been following this thing for as long as I have, you would see that we are paying a subsidy.

1.APC apologists cry that fuel is not being subsidised...well it is. Landing cost was N720 as at October, now it is N1000..meaning subsidy costs rose from N20-140 to N300-420 per liter today. We are pushing ourselves into more debt so see where we are

2.IN 2012 january, landing cost was N99 per liter, now it is N1000. Fuel price was N97 per liter now it is N580-720.

Assuming Nigeria kept fuel at N97 per liter as some PDP apologists wanted , by now subsidy would have risen from N2 per liter to N920 per liter ...and note that fuel consumption has risen over the years.

We would have a debt that would make our current debt look like the pocket money you give your 10 year old.

See how much subsidy costs? But all of you, be it PDP or APC or LP, many of you want it.

Oya, come and get your fuel at N97....lol.

MOdified

I find it amusing some people think I support APC because of this comment. APC is still paying subsidy, meanwhile I oppose payment of subsidy....so apparently I am an aAPC supporter.

See, I don't get NIgerians. Someone is supporting something that is in opposition to the party in power, yet is a supporter of the party.

I pray God opens your eyes to see what I see, all ye who quote me, then you will understand there is a method to my madness.
It won't only that Tinubu made our Naira valueless from 500 he met it to 1500 is a pity he believes in no statistics
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by StingingStinger: 12:02am On Feb 16
Zeezenho:

You dont even know this people,one ronu idiot I meet in high class event in new york yesterday told me to my face that igbos delibratetely are sabotaging the economy by hording dollars to make tinubu look bad.

The dude probably didn't ronu before having a sensible discussion with a ponu like you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom APC Prepares For President Buhari's Visit [Photo] / NDLEA Arrests Bandits In Ondo Forest With Explosives, Busts Crystal Meth Network / Photos Of Margaret Obi Campaigning In Ikot Ekpene Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.