Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis (29987 Views)

Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1000 Per Liter Mark / Depots Deserted As Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦‎720/Litre / Petrol Landing Cost Hits ₦216, Daily Subsidy Now ₦4.64 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Flier: 12:06am On Feb 15
ufotunang:
Refinery would had solved all this problems
Nothing can stop it except naira is re-peg to less than 1000 to a dollar,we will probably end up like Venezuela in the next 6 months
Nothing is sustainable at the moment,we are shouting no light no light how can they use expensive gas to power plants ? We are in big trouble
Subsidies will get to a point where government won’t be able to afford it.there is going to be a revolt and military will take over and Nigeria may disintegrate.
To avoid this is simple,re-peg naira before it get out of hand

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Obi3icebaba(m): 12:14am On Feb 15
MT:
Cost of fuel is a global thing.

Fuel is expensive all over the world.

Even if you do comparative analysis, petrol is cheaper in Nigeria as it is now, compared to other western countries

You be bastard sir

4 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by bentenny(m): 12:15am On Feb 15
The earlier the so called repaired ph refinery gets working,the better for everyone!
Landing cost will keep rising as long as the naira keeps getting weak due to the intense demand for dollar!

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:21am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

Yeah, but let's be honest, maintainig subsidy has brought a lot of problems for our economy.

Now, let's be honest, I think there should be some subsidy for say the poorest of the poor. But what makes subsidy impossible in Nigeria is simple....we don;t have enough money for it. Yes our politicans loot, but we spent 10 trillion naira on subsidy in 2022, and 14 trillion in 2023. I doubt that any politican has looted that amount at all.

Either we do as sane nations do and raise our tax to gdp and get the money that way, or we sell more cocoa, cotton and solid minerals to raise monies for things like fuel subsidy. Either that, or we forget about subsidy.
So are you benefitting from the economy now? The economy of before and now,which one is better?

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Charly68: 12:23am On Feb 15
God will help the Govt to fix the economic problem..it is a self inflicted problem.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Scoutvibe: 12:26am On Feb 15
MT:

That was a wacky illustration you just made.

The President cannot go against what RMAFC determines.

It is an impeachable offense.

Understand how your country is structured and know who determines what, then you will realise that some of your governors suppose to be dragged for something that you are dragging the President for.
The reason I will not blame you is that you are not in Nigeria. The politicians still getting richer and poor more poorer. I get sister and a brother in UK currently and I know that they tax them in every thing buy still yet they lived comfortably. Here 30k minimum wage what will it do for a family man.
You don't understand and you will never understand. School fees sky rocketed yet the same 50k will fund it.
And you don't ask your self why all those in parliament are not that rich. Here common local government chairman will ride expensive cars.
You won't understand but don't praise this government for any reason because if u earned 40k you will understand better.
My sister monthly salary is 2k her house is 700.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by MT: 12:44am On Feb 15
Scoutvibe:

The reason I will not blame you is that you are not in Nigeria. The politicians still getting richer and poor more poorer. I get sister and a brother in UK currently and I know that they tax them in every thing buy still yet they lived comfortably. Here 30k minimum wage what will it do for a family man.
You don't understand and you will never understand. School fees sky rocketed yet the same 50k will fund it.
And you don't ask your self why all those in parliament are not that rich. Here common local government chairman will ride expensive cars.
You won't understand but don't praise this government for any reason because if u earned 40k you will understand better.
My sister monthly salary is 2k her house is 700.

I am not supporting the President. They all contribute to the downfall of this nation.

Just saying the country is badly structured, and the constitution does not help the poor.

Lot of things need to change, and the Governors need to share in the blame.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:46am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

So the fact that apc has been lying to you about subsides is trash?

Didn't know you were an apc supporter.

As for me apc and pdp are the same . And their policy o subsides is why we don't have cash right now for subsides.

We are not the masters of our destiny now.
And who told you there is no cash for subsidy?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by livinbygrace: 12:47am On Feb 15
Nigeria una go buy fuel for 10,000 and change dollar for 20,000 before december.Una be Kaki men are arround the corner.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:48am On Feb 15
Tealcrestmedia:

Clap for yourself Mr analyzer. Hadit been I know you now....

So they can't run a cost reflective government, but they can easily tamper and justify every other thing that affects the masses directly. You guys just open your mouths waaaah and start justifying evil... Continue,till it hits you in the face.
Don't mind him,i have been seeing his write up,he is one of the beneficiaries of this dreaded government.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:50am On Feb 15
cucumbar:
Na your money dem use subsidize am?
Busybody… anywhere you hear fuel subsidy you must jump in.
Ignore him,na mumu over Sabi wey no sabi anything.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:52am On Feb 15
MT:

Even if you do comparative analysis, petrol is cheaper in Nigeria as it is now, compared to other western countries
What is your country's minimum wage like when it's compared to other countries?

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:55am On Feb 15
tete7000:

When you factor subsidized social infrastructure those other countries enjoy, then fuel is not expensive to them, they can live without much of it. Stop comparing a country with no social support system with those who have When analysing fuel price. If mass transit system exists, if power is available, if water run in people's homes they won't complain much. Your leaders steal all moneys they ought to use to make social amenities available to people leaving them without support and turn around to remove subsidy and you are here sheepishly and ignorantly echoing their senseless argument.
Ignore such foooools when you come across them. Foooolish people also grow old,so age is not a sign of maturity.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Hueyreckless0007: 12:57am On Feb 15
Mr president was reading his speech after being sworn in office, and the first thing he does is remove subsidy. *Lets come together and clap for Mr I want to be president by force*
*Clapping continuously*

SHAME ON APC!!! They have brought nothing but pain on the masses.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by okoloto: 12:57am On Feb 15
The constitution of Nigeria is the problem. Many states is not productive. Just seat and wait for federal allocation to squander. Most governor's have not even started work but if they tell you how much they have collected as allocation, you will weep.. all at the expense of the poor. Exchange rate is not the problem. The problem is also because we as Nigerians prefer foreign products and not productive.
Government should also do something about power. Devaluation helps attract foreign investment but not where there is insecurity and no infastuctures to drive production. Not until Nigeria unite and start holding office holders accountable deviod of ethnicity and tribe, it will not get better.

3 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 12:58am On Feb 15
MT:

You guys are always quick to jump into standard of living in the western world, yet you are not ready to pay what they are paying.

Do you know the number of bills they pay?

How many do you pay?

How many of you pay taxes at all. Lot of Nigerians have never paid any form of tax in their lifetime?

If the Government starts to charge you for owning TV, wont you scream to high heaven.

The people groan in the western nations too. It is not the paradise you think it is.

If not that our past leaders have really destroyed this country and lack foresight, Nigeria should be competing favourably in the world.

However, Nigerians want to live in a country that looks like Dubai without doing their bits.
They groan in the western world but still living far better than most Nigerians,stop doing blind argument. They pay huge taxes but they are living happily.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 1:00am On Feb 15
tnerro1:

High fuel prices will led to higher cost of living, if the government sell at that price to eliminate subsidies, then the effect will be on the masses.
Is not about writing a long episode to explain ur views
Please don't waste your precious time arguing with people defending APC government because it's a waste of time and it won't yield positive results.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Ojuntana: 1:07am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:
If one has been following this thing for as long as I have, you would see that we are paying a subsidy.

1.APC apologists cry that fuel is not being subsidised...well it is. Landing cost was N720 as at October, now it is N1000..meaning subsidy costs rose from N20-140 to N300-420 per liter today. We are pushing ourselves into more debt so see where we are

2.IN 2012 january, landing cost was N99 per liter, now it is N1000. Fuel price was N97 per liter now it is N580-720.

Assuming Nigeria kept fuel at N97 per liter as some PDP apologists wanted , by now subsidy would have risen from N2 per liter to N920 per liter ...and note that fuel consumption has risen over the years.

We would have a debt that would make our current debt look like the pocket money you give your 10 year old.

See how much subsidy costs? But all of you, be it PDP or APC or LP, many of you want it.

Oya, come and get your fuel at N97....lol.
grin grin grin
Corny man 🌽

You never cease to amaize me with your analysis 🌽 🌽 🌽

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by HIPROFILE(m): 1:10am On Feb 15
bikonu i thought there was this new terminology the APC and its brainless supporters nce introduced they say its TINUBUNOMICS. I started hearing it immediately they took over power at the central and about to hit the ground running. But it seems that term faded away from their lips the moment the reality of who actually Tinubu is started manifesting….

In this life no be to win war can you win the battle?

Tinubu succeeded in using all within his power to grab power now he has the power but oozes of incompetence and clueless. I said what I said Tinubu is clueless go and tell Gbajabiamila to come arrest me.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Emekayoung(m): 1:11am On Feb 15
LordBillionz:

Oga analyst, you don finish?

Oya go read your book. You Sabi nothing.
His brain is totally empty

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by BarrElChapo(m): 1:13am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:
If one has been following this thing for as long as I have, you would see that we are paying a subsidy.

1.APC apologists cry that fuel is not being subsidised...well it is. Landing cost was N720 as at October, now it is N1000..meaning subsidy costs rose from N20-140 to N300-420 per liter today. We are pushing ourselves into more debt so see where we are

2.IN 2012 january, landing cost was N99 per liter, now it is N1000. Fuel price was N97 per liter now it is N580-720.

Assuming Nigeria kept fuel at N97 per liter as some PDP apologists wanted , by now subsidy would have risen from N2 per liter to N920 per liter ...and note that fuel consumption has risen over the years.

We would have a debt that would make our current debt look like the pocket money you give your 10 year old.

See how much subsidy costs? But all of you, be it PDP or APC or LP, many of you want it.

So why is he still paying subsidy at all ?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by BarrElChapo(m): 1:18am On Feb 15
MT:

Smfh cos you're brain absent
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Zeezenho: 1:28am On Feb 15
Hoelujohn:

Why cant they use part of our crude to exchange for refined products. With that they don't get to pay and they even sell to marketers

You seems not to get it.APac already sold 10 years worth of oil in advance and have squandered,looted the money. Noting for them to bargain with anymore.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by Zeezenho: 1:39am On Feb 15
Twist4u:

A fool at forty.

You started well and ended poorly. Because like Oliver twist .... You are an APC Miscreant trying to rope PDP and LP into APC mess.that "They all said they will remove subsidy"

The first paragraph of the report hit the nail on the head very hard " Landing cost was due to deepening forex exchange rate"
Today exchange rate is 1$ =1,500, Feb 2024

under PDP regime 1999 - 2014, exchange rate range was between 1$ = 180 max.

Your permutation is null and void.

Because there's no way landing cost would have gotten to #1000 under a PDP economy with a rate of $1 = 180.

Buhari was a Tragedy

Tinubu is a confirm disaster.

APC should not have existed.

You dont even know this people,one ronu idiot I meet in high class event in new york yesterday told me to my face that igbos delibratetely are sabotaging the economy by hording dollars to make tinubu look bad.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by awa(m): 1:44am On Feb 15
The fact PMS is still reportedly subsidized means Tinubu has failed with so called Subsidy removal done while at the inauguration ground. He did not sit down first to know the problem in Nigeria before rolling some of these useless policies biting hard the masses. Well, it's your Turn oooo...
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by obaidan: 1:45am On Feb 15
I feel so so sorry for my country...e no suppose be like this but awa lokan no let una see road
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by mukthar2000(m): 1:57am On Feb 15
Useless government and greedy independent marketers.
The only thing in my house that can make me buy petrol have being packed aside, any amount they like make then sell.
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by timota(m): 2:07am On Feb 15
nairalanda1:

Subsidy removal is not the problem but the president stupidity in floating naira.
When Tinubu called Jonathan clueless,I use to think he has something upstairs
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by ucheuzor1(m): 2:24am On Feb 15
OkCornel:
APC promises…a throwback

He is fulfilling all those promises but in a renewed shege format
Re: Petrol Landing Cost Hits N1,000/litre On FX Crisis by PDJT: 2:31am On Feb 15
-Somalia loading... cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Will Not Exit Government As A Failure - Buhari / 2023 Election: INEC Gets Cash For Elections / 'I Left PDP Because Of Injustice’ –Umahi Finally Confirms Defection To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.