Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,595 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes (15091 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations December — Tinubu / Amosun Replies Abiodun Over Relocation Of Dangote Refinery To Lagos / Amosun To Blame For Dangote Relocating Refinery To Lagos — Dapo Abiodun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Zaphnath1(m): 8:51am On Feb 15
it's most be affordable that's my own
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by grandstar(m): 8:53am On Feb 15
proff010:
IMF will soon advise dangote not to sell to local market in Nigeria.

Why?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by grandstar(m): 8:55am On Feb 15
DeLaRue:

'Upgrading units' - I guess that's for petrol.

So the refinery may not produce petrol for a some months yet. Hmm.

Someone from abroad told me yesterday that Nigeria will not benefit much from the refinery. My immediate interest was in another topic we were discussing so I didn't really press him to explain why he thought that would be the case.

But thinking about it now, I think the government will just end up paying same old subsidy to Dangote as the current pump price of around N650 is not going to cut it. Subsidy is here to stay.

So we are back to square one, with the only advantage being that the government will not be buying the petrol from him in dollars.

If Nigeria's wahala is too much, the man may even decide not to sell to Nigeria.

O ti lo o sad

With the way the Naira is depreciating, it would be unwise to sell it to them in Naira.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by brain54(m): 8:58am On Feb 15
Immediately I saw the headline...

I chuckled!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by YourMrBoo: 9:01am On Feb 15
unclejb2:
but governors in the north are dictating for farmers and business people

Sue the government ass then
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Panda7(m): 9:01am On Feb 15
with the abundance of natural resources we have, having large scales refinery is the right thinking we should have faith on, producing and refining in large quantity for export is the next thing to talk about. This country should have no business with hunger as long as we have the human capacities for work. ammonia is another byproduct that can be used in agriculture.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by seunayantokun(m): 9:02am On Feb 15
Dangote this, Dangote that...only on paper o. The devil self no fit lie pass Naija rogues.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by femicyrus(m): 9:07am On Feb 15
robinso01:
If e no go reduces the price of fuel in 9ja ,make e Bleep off . Mtchew
Nigeria borrowed money from all over the world that we can't pay back in the next 100 years.

Emefiele pumped it into dangote refinery through the backdoor

You want dangote to Bleep off with our commonwealth?

Landing cost of petrol is now N1000
We can't buy it as Nigerians but dangote can sell it in dollars outside Nigeria to make profit.

Who loses?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by EponObi: 9:08am On Feb 15
Kenochi:

As for Dangote Refinery,this is another big short coming in our nation.A big Oil producing country whose leaders refused to set up Industries and take advantage of their God given blessing
They were busy subsidizing petrol and allowing conmen to destroy this country
The chicken has come home to roost,and everyday we keep seeing that we were just producing leaders who were not willing to take the long road to success but were always comfortable taking short cuts that led to nowhere

Oh! My heart bless you!

Thank you for this piece. Those who hate the truth will abuse and curse you.

Our journey here didn't start 1 year ago. We've been on this journey since independence. As you've said, the chicken has come home to roast.

I've followed you man. Thanks again.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by EponObi: 9:11am On Feb 15
Kushites:

Are you minding these COMMUNIST ILLITERATES?

Soviet-era communists in disguise!

Any bold move by the private sector they frown on. Any good project must be government-run. If it is private run, it means in their heads that some private guy is chopping their money.

Yet this is a capitalist economy modelled after the most capitalist USA!

You have NO PROBLEM with private white-owned multinationals like Unilever, Shell, etc coming here and raking in profits while producing a service, but a Nigerian firm does it, and all hell breaks loose! He is chopping our money!

Right before our very eyes, Nigeria has become the biggest manufacturer and exporter of refined petroleum products in Africa - a massive step towards industrialisation, and these BUSHMEN on nairaland are here typing streams of ignorance.

It's just pitiful.

The Dangote refinery boasts a capacity of 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day and is expected to meet Nigeria's domestic demand for petroleum products and help Nigeria save the much-needed foreign exchange currently spent on the importation of such petroleum products.

Nigeria currently imports more than 80% of its refined petroleum products. She is the largest importer of refined petroleum products in Africa.

Local production by the Dangote refinery will therefore massively cut the country’s import bill.

''According to the Central Bank of Nigeria, the cost (including freight) of petroleum products imports into Nigeria doubled over a five-year period from about US$8.4 billion in 2017 to US$16.2 billion (indicating an annual average of US$11.1 billion), before rising further to US$23.3 billion by end-2022.

The central bank says the average annual cost of petroleum products imports to Nigeria could reach US$30 billion by 2027 if the country continues to rely on petroleum imports.

This money can now potentially be saved with Dangote refinery plugging the supply shortfall.''

https://theconversation.com/dangote-launches-africas-biggest-oil-refinery-4-ways-it-will-affect-nigeria-205685

Yet we have this parade of semi-literate, ill-exposed professional malcontents pouring sickening invective on the refinery!

I mean, who did this to you people?

Another fellow that deserve your following. I'm talking to the intelligent ones, not the bush babies.

Thank you for this piece.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Houseontherock1: 9:12am On Feb 15
DeLaRue:

Someone from abroad told me yesterday that Nigeria will not benefit much from the refinery. My immediate interest was in another topic we were discussing so I didn't really press him to explain why he thought that would be the case.

But thinking about it now, I think the government will just end up paying same old subsidy to Dangote as the current pump price of around N650 is not going to cut it. Subsidy is here to stay.

So we are back to square one, with the only advantage being that the government will not be buying the petrol from him in dollars.

If Nigeria's wahala is too much, the man may even decide not to sell to Nigeria.

O ti lo o sad

Unfortunately, Nigeria bankrolled this project at the expense of other SMEs who needed money for their businesses

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by persius555(m): 9:13am On Feb 15
I rather buy fuel from warri or PH refineries thañ the fraud they setup in lekki
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by EponObi: 9:15am On Feb 15
Kushites:

Any bold move by the private sector they frown on. Any good project must be government-run. If it is private run, it means in their heads that some private guy is chopping their money.

You have NO PROBLEM with private white-owned multinationals like Unilever, Shell, etc coming here and raking in profits while producing a service, but a Nigerian firm does it, and all hell breaks loose! He is chopping our money!

Right before our very eyes, Nigeria has become the biggest manufacturer and exporter of refined petroleum products in Africa - a massive step towards industrialisation, and these BUSHMEN on nairaland are here typing streams of ignorance.

It's just pitiful.

The Dangote refinery boasts a capacity of 650,000 barrels of crude oil per day and is expected to meet Nigeria's domestic demand for petroleum products and help Nigeria save the much-needed foreign exchange currently spent on the importation of such petroleum products.

Nigeria currently imports more than 80% of its refined petroleum products. She is the largest importer of refined petroleum products in Africa.

Local production by the Dangote refinery will therefore massively cut the country’s import bill.

''According to the Central Bank of Nigeria, the cost (including freight) of petroleum products imports into Nigeria doubled over a five-year period from about US$8.4 billion in 2017 to US$16.2 billion (indicating an annual average of US$11.1 billion), before rising further to US$23.3 billion by end-2022.

The central bank says the average annual cost of petroleum products imports to Nigeria could reach US$30 billion by 2027 if the country continues to rely on petroleum imports.

This money can now potentially be saved with Dangote refinery plugging the supply shortfall.''

https://theconversation.com/dangote-launches-africas-biggest-oil-refinery-4-ways-it-will-affect-nigeria-205685

Yet we have this parade of semi-literate, ill-exposed professional malcontents pouring sickening invective on the refinery!

ahmedio2017 see what I was trying to explain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by EponObi: 9:15am On Feb 15
persius555:
I rather buy fuel from warri or PH refineries thañ the fraud they setup in lekki

Lmaoooo. Ignoramus. 🤣
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Catapault: 9:18am On Feb 15
Kushites:

Right before our very eyes, thanks to the Dangote Refinery, Nigeria has become the biggest manufacturer and exporter of refined petroleum products in Africa - a massive step towards industrialisation, and these BUSHMEN on nairaland are here typing streams of rank ignorance.

It's just pitiful.

I weak for them brother..

You can’t please Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Ykc2(m): 9:21am On Feb 15
YourMrBoo:
You can't dictate for a private firm....

Dangote has every right to export his products....

And Nnpc is a stakeholder.
during covid 19 me as a person total money i got from Austrian government is 1800 euros in as much our factory was working and am not yet a citizen of austria ooh,tell me what you as a nigerian is benefiting from your government? 3.5billion dollars was sold to dangote at rate 380naira while others were buying at rate of 780 naira per dollar did that made him to lower the price of his cement?in western countries dangote will be serving 20 years imprisonment his a fraud

1 Like

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Golan007: 9:21am On Feb 15
DeLaRue:

O ti lo o sad

Somebody abroad abi?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by udemzyudex(m): 9:22am On Feb 15
Lol
. Another dangote refinery propaganda, when is this going to stop?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by uniquetechng: 9:24am On Feb 15
EponObi:

ahmedio2017 see what I was trying to explain.
Funny enough the dude was wrong, the notion that Dangote refinery will cut down on dollars spent on importation is a farce because the refinery needs at least 4.8m barrels of crude weekly to operate optimally. With our crude already sold into the future by NNPCL under the previous administration FG is already mulling the option of importing crude from Venezuela while Dangote refinery itself has started sourcing for crude from the US.

By the way this report made mention of the fact the petro units will not come online in months, therefore nobody should expect to see the refinery sell fuel in months except for byproducts.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by portacabin: 9:25am On Feb 15
robinso01:
If e no go reduces the price of fuel in 9ja ,make e Bleep off . Mtchew
build your own refinery and sell at 1 naira per litre
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Golan007: 9:25am On Feb 15
Houseontherock1:

Unfortunately, Nigeria bankrolled this project at the expense of other SMEs who needed money for their businesses

Which SMEs?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by able20(m): 9:27am On Feb 15
YourMrBoo:
You can't dictate for a private firm....

Dangote has every right to export his products...

And Nnpc is a stakeholder.
What is private about Dangote Refinery, aided by Nigeria's central bank
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by ahmedio2017(m): 9:28am On Feb 15
uniquetechng:
Funny enough the dude was wrong, the notion that Dangote refinery will cut down on dollars spent on importation is a farce because the refinery needs at least 4.8m barrels of crude weekly to operate optimally. With our crude already sold into the future by NNPCL under the previous administration FG is already mulling the option of importing crude from Venezuela while Dangote refinery itself has started sourcing for crude from the US.

By the way this report made mention of the fact the petro units will not come online in months, therefore nobody should expect to see the refinery sell fuel in months except for byproducts.

They are just taking us for granted in this country, when the citizens are not organized chai we don enter am, until we rise and do the needful.
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Paraman: 9:30am On Feb 15
Olachase:
Someone once said dangote is part of the problem we have in this country I think now I believe
Ok this issue at hand, what did Dangote do?
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by RepoMan007: 9:30am On Feb 15
Golan007:

Which SMEs?
stop acting ignorant. Those cheap forexes given to Dangote could have been given to small businesses to also import machineries.

Dangote has loan to repay in dollars also and must have considered that to sell to Intl buyers who can pay him forex.
What FG should push for is for Dangote to at least take Nigerian crude at prevailing rate and sell part of his refined product locally to reduce forex demands in govt. That's the best the government can get from him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by unclejb2(m): 9:33am On Feb 15
YourMrBoo:

Sue the government ass then
governors have immunity in Nigeria and they can't be sued
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Yankee101: 9:36am On Feb 15
Is Dangote a patriotic Nigerian or just interested in only profits?

All the dollars and loans they used to support him and he’s exporting it after we’re expecting he’ll help crash prices
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by YourMrBoo: 9:43am On Feb 15
unclejb2:
governors have immunity in Nigeria and they can't be sued

That's not true there are often exceptions, such as cases involving gross misconduct, violations of human rights, or actions taken outside the scope of official duties. There sorry ass can get sued
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by YourMrBoo: 9:44am On Feb 15
able20:

What is private about Dangote Refinery, aided by Nigeria's central bank

Still doesn't make it government owned man undecided
Re: Dangote Refinery To Export Two Fuel Cargoes by Celestialsword: 9:45am On Feb 15
gaby:
Na this Dangote refinery go cause the next civil war for Nogeria.

Westside Vs Northside.
how

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

158 Boko Haram Members Arrested In Kano Attack / Ganduje: Kwankwaso And I Are The Architects Of Modern Kano / Do You Know Nigeria Has An Ethnic Arab Tribe ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.