Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,069 members, 7,814,697 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young (217 Views)

Why Do Some Great Pastors Die Young Despite Healing Many / Herbert Wigwe: Did His Pastor Mourn Long Enough? By Fola Ojo / The Rich Also Die (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:09pm On Feb 15
Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young

Luke 12:13-21 (KJV)

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.
And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

The above parable of Jesus teaches that even a rich man can die young, because the life of a man doesn't consist of the riches or abundance of possessions he has. Luke 12:15

Just a few days back we had another stark reminder of this reality of life.

News of the death of a Nigerian billionaire Herbert Wigwe due to an helicopter crash sent shock waves around the country.

He recently finished building a mansion worth an estimated 30 billion naira meant to be his retirement home to show he planned to stay there for many years. He only moved in late last year and even invited his fellow billionaires, Dangote and Otedola, for a tour around the building just 3 weeks ago, so it beyond obvious death would have been the last thing on his mind.

However death being not a respecter of persons, came knocking at his door at the least expected time. And not just of him, but also his wife and son while they were on their way to watch the Superbowl in the United States, via the helicopter which crashed suddenly.

Now the multi billion naira home he recently completed would definitely not be his retirement home, but probably the retirement home of his dead body and those of his wife and son.

It's really sad news but that's the reality of life.

Death could come at any moment even for the super rich. Hence why we all should always be watchful and live ready for eternity, so death won't come for us at an hour we're not.

I don't know the lifestyle of the man and his family but I hope against all hope that they were prepared for eternity when death came calling, otherwise all the wealth they had in this world would count for nothing in the (eternal) world to come.

May God help us not to be taken unawares by death and also grant his loved ones the fortitude to bear the loss. In Jesus name.

Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:12pm On Feb 15
What's it though with the rich and famous dying by helicopter crash?

Even the former vice president would have been added to that dreaded list after the helicopter he boarded crashed, but for God's intervention.

Perhaps it's something to think about.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by jesusjnr2020(m): 9:18pm On Feb 15
It is well.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by FRANCISTOWN: 7:08am On Feb 16
Rich people die.
Poor people die.
Old people die.
Kids die.
Elderly people die.
Young people die.
Men die.
Women die.
Anybody can die at anytime.
Even if someone died at 100. The moment he dies, he is gone. People may remember him for his deeds and accomplishments whether good or bad. But to he, himself. He is dead and that's it.

There is no difference in dying early or dying at old age to the person himself. The same fate awaits us after death, regardless of when we die.

1 Like

Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On Feb 18
Vanity upon vanity, all is vanity.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by AntiChristian: 8:14am On Feb 18
Your Jesus and John died early too!

And After death comes the reality!
Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:07am On Mar 03
Death is no respecter of riches.
Re: Herbert Wigwe: The Rich Also Die Young by NPFLADMIN(m): 9:12am On Mar 03
True, but they have a better chance of survival in the human world.
Also, the poor also die young

(1) (Reply)

Change Your Ways / The Spiritual Meaning Behind Waking Up At 2AM / Words Of Peace And Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.