Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday (22266 Views)

No Result So Far To Show Tinubu Came Prepared — Prof Wariboko / Peter Obi Won The 2023 Election, Tinubu came a distant third - Babachir Lawal / #endsars Protests: Lagos Will Need N1trn For Reconstruction — Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by OkoEmm: 1:16pm On Feb 16
seborrhic:

Funny enough I am seeing the hand of God in this
This is because BAT is just being exposed and disgraced not just as being grossly incompetent,but for being hypocritical because same subsidy he rallied against GEJ,claimed does not exist,but is not only going behind the back to pay,after having stupidly floated the ₦ at the same time,but is now paying at least double what other presidents ever paid.
Who says God doesn't exist indeed!

I come in peace. God doesn't give a damn about Nigerian politicians and citizens . He has better things to do than waste his time on a country like Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Saintinoo(m): 1:19pm On Feb 16
Parydelegate:
You can't remove petrol subsidy and devaluation Niara at the same time. That is a bad move.

Let's assume subsidy was remove and naira wasn't devaluated.....Will the situation be as worse as this?

Over to you economist....want to hear your thoughts on this? undecided

The situation wouldn't have been as worst as this because, dollar which is used to buy Pedro would not be too expensive, by implication, price of petrol will not increase this much.

When the naira was fixed, it was projected that at the removal of subsidy, petrol would sell at #350, now it is #700 because of dollar.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 1:20pm On Feb 16
Geopex:

what are you even saying now, u think I am happy with the situation of things now, u think I am not affected, u think I am thay party man also that have time attending one party meeting. I said Nigeria problem did not start today and the collapse of the nation is near as a result of failure of past leaders and citizens. I can start blaming him like I do blame past leaders and Nigerians if nothing is done to address the root cause of the problem we have
But why did your man came and made it worse? Why?

He should have just left things the way they were/are then.

How can he remove subsidy and float naira/devalue at the same time?

Atleast he for only remove subsidy and leave naira the way it was.

Under 9months he devalue naira from 450 to 1500 officially in the name of floatation of currency.

Nawa o.

With the 30% high inflation salaries and wages are still left unchanged rendering Purchasing power useless.

This is pure wickedness.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Franking: 1:30pm On Feb 16
Tinumbu's cluelessness laid bare. It's his turn. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by reiddecuti: 1:41pm On Feb 16
mikeapollo:

Thanks and God bless you my brother!
But some idiots and ass lickers would appear on TV to praise and hero-worship him! A totally clueless president.
How would any sensible person float the Naira when you are grossly import-dependent for the energy (petrol/diesel etc.) that is required to oil the economy in manufacturing, agriculture, transport, logistics. domestic households etc.? To make things worse, we don't have an alternative source of power (electricity) to power our industry and households.
Only a country with reliable alternative source of power (electricity) could try such risky venture!

And the nitwit down who grows in ignorance cursing his father's household, who have nationalize ignorance and wallowing poverty simply by selling his common sense to APC thereby making him an agbadorian will not fact check before displaying his stupidity.

forgiveness:

Stick to what you know. Many countries don't subsidize energy bloody liar.

That's why these countries uses diesel, gas and Electric to power their cars. You will hardly see a petrol engine cars. Cure yourself of ignorance.

Let me school you a little nitwit;

1) In 2023, Chinese government subsided energy in billions of dollars for it's citizens which enables Chinese citizens to engage in manufacturing or production. This is why the made in China goods when imported into Nigeria is far more cheaper than the one produced in your backyard.

2) American government also subside energy for it's citizens. That's why in America, energy price can not pass a given threshold, why, such will lead to chaos in the society disrupting order in the system. The US government knows that better than you and your so called leaders here in Nigeria. The US government event went further in subsidizing food too.

3) Following the energy crisis in Europe, 2022, French government was able to provide subsidy for it's citizens in that sector (in form of electricity) by not allowing the price surpass the given threshold through the power sector which the government controls. Britain was his hard because of the energy crisis which the British government had to doll out billions of pounds to cushion the effect. Why, because only that crisis alone was already causing disorder in the society. Now the UK government is rethinking of being a major player and having and controlling the energy sector.

4) German government too still subsidy energy in billions of euros for it's citizens.

I can go on an on.

Back home to Nigeria. Do you know that the government still subsidize for petroleum? If left in the hand of the marketers, you will find it difficult affording a transport fair, or fuel your car if at all you have on.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by forgiveness: 1:57pm On Feb 16
reiddecuti:

And the nitwit down who grows in ignorance cursing his father's household, who have nationalize ignorance and wallowing poverty simply by selling his common sense to APC thereby making him an agbadorian will not fact check before displaying his stupidity.

Let me school you a little nitwit,

It doesn't change the fact you're a novice.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by donhils: 2:04pm On Feb 16
I built Lagos. This is how? Wow

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Faceonme1443: 2:17pm On Feb 16
Jonathan was not God sent,he wasted 30k billion dollars out of the 55 billion dollars that Obasanjo left....he borrowed so much. Okonjo Eweila was shouting that Nigeria is broke.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by reiddecuti: 2:18pm On Feb 16
Ckonnet:

Subsidy is an integral part of governance as long as it keeps the economy running but here, the demons in power are so naive that they can't see beyond their nose. I know of a certain European country that subsidizes their fitness centres so as to encourage people to enrol and be healthy there by saving huge money in health related issues.

That's country that think about it's citizens. 2018 or 19, Luxembourg subsided transportation to cut down on greenhouse emission and also encourage a fewer cars on the road. These are counr that wants to work and they are working.

Truth is, whatever our government pronounced to do to cushion the effect of this madness, never believe them until they start from the core problem, which I believe they can't until the people be on the toes.

Nigeria problems are way rooted in deep and there's no hope in sight soonest.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Faceonme1443: 2:21pm On Feb 16
What do you people want Tinubu to do,to allow Petro to be sold at #1500? Even if Government is still paying for subsidy codedly,by a month or two it will stop when refinaries begin to work.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Kinzo0917(m): 2:27pm On Feb 16
Nemere2020:

https://businessday.ng/energy/oilandgas/article/petrol-subsidy-nears-n1trn-monthly-bigger-than-when-tinubu-came/?amp=1

I just dey pity Tinubu

My mind always tells me he is a good man even when I try hating him

I don't think he mean bad for the country
I pray 🙏 his administration to be d best ever. May things turn around for good of all Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Kinzo0917(m): 2:32pm On Feb 16
Promisesmiling:
EMILOKAN grin grin
We've hit the ground running mtchwww, now there isn't any ground again we've all gone underground.

Ebin Pawa ooo

It is well o

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Bliztzer: 2:33pm On Feb 16
Jollos:
E lo f'ọkan balẹ grin

Is like Tinubu supporters are on holiday.

Hahahaha. Them dey BP ward dey recieve treatment from disappointment.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Bliztzer: 2:36pm On Feb 16
Faceonme1443:
What do you people want Tinubu to do,to allow Petro to be sold at #1500? Even if Government is still paying for subsidy codedly,by a month or two it will stop when refinaries begin to work.

Where are all the modular refineries apc promised in 2015? Sebi dem say na dem be solution. We no get light now, thank God I get prepaid meter na so dem for dey give me bill wey I no ow.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by tete7000(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16
seborrhic:

This is because BAT is just being exposed and disgraced not just as being grossly incompetent,but for being hypocritical because same subsidy he rallied against GEJ,claimed does not exist,but is not only going behind the back to pay,after having stupidly floated the ₦ at the same time,but is now paying at least double what other presidents ever paid.

God doesn't bring evil upon people, their sinful deeds do. What a man sows, he reaps. It has nothing to do with God. The only thing is that God encourages men to do good because he can see the end from the beginning and he knows that nothing evil ends well. So Tinubu is only reaping what he sows. Those who sow wind, reap whirlwind. Sadly Nigerians too are sharing out of the suffering because they chose to believe lies and close their eyes to the truth, this too has repercussion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by themanderon: 2:56pm On Feb 16
While Kenyans are rejoicing their currency is appreciating against the dollar our naira has been on a free fall. Why can't these clueless people move to other African countries to find out why their currency is performing and our useless naira failing?
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by writeprof(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16
tensazangetsu20:
He had a first class in accounting, he worked at Deloitte and he trained for 20 years to be president.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Passovile: 3:46pm On Feb 16
Fix Nigeria problems Nigerian way, listen to im.f and world bank at your detriment.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Yankee101: 4:14pm On Feb 16
Scam scam scam
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Fujiyama: 4:37pm On Feb 16
grin
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Fujiyama: 4:41pm On Feb 16
Kinzo0917:
I just dey pity Tinubu

My mind always tells me he is a good man even when I try hating him

^^^
grin

Of all the things I've lost...I miss my mind the most.
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Fujiyama: 4:47pm On Feb 16
Geopex:
many are just saying rubbish here and blaming people for voting a man they believed in his ability. I can start blaming him if he failed to build or repair refineries. we don't have business importing fule outside this nation when we have the crude, whats stopping all those previous leaders building refineries and stop importing. on the issue of fx and dollar rate, why do we keep importing what we eat, what happened to bushes we have around us to cultivate and feed ourselves. as for security, been a single Nigeria with the whole structure of the country, security issue can't be solve. what happened to energy sector and generating electricity before tinubu became the president, why can't they solve power issue. naija is design to fail, no president can solve it. period

^^^
undecided

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Asazwalingwa: 4:47pm On Feb 16
seborrhic:

He rented/hired Bishop of the most high God.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:51pm On Feb 16
tensazangetsu20:
He had a first class in accounting, he worked at Deloitte and he trained for 20 years to be president.

Don't forget He built lagos from scratch and breathe air into everyone living in it today. grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:53pm On Feb 16
completeskills:
What kind of rubbish did I just read? Meaning all the suffering people went through and are still going through was for nothing?
Nigerians need to take matters into their own hands because this is totally unacceptable! If Bola is a man that is honourable, he would just resign. But is he?

African leaders hardly resign talk less of Nigerian leaders

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:58pm On Feb 16
Okwyjesus:

Life is a seed. What you sow is what you reap.

Jonathan was God sent , we rejected him.

Am really sorry for Tinubu bcs things are not just working for him. I am one of those that believed he will be better than Tinubu but honestly am DISAPPOINTED.

It may not be his fault BUT LET HIM LEAVE ETHNICITY AND GO FOR GOOD HANDs, BEG THEM TO JOIN YOUR GOVT.

Governance is different from politics. He may be guru in politics and not guru in governance

At bolded. He is a guru (Crook) in politics but not in governance. He never did any tangible as governor of lagos state for 8 years. Fashola did most of the works. His paid PRs just hyped him to high heavens.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Lovit(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16
wouldn't it have been better to keep subsidizing the Naira and Petrol so the masses can breathe? In this country the masses benefits nothing except for the subsidized petrol, electricity and Naira padding. Removing these subsidies is the greatest mistake Tinubu and Buhari made. They claimed they are spending so much on subsidies, now we are paying even more after the subsidy has been removed.

Tinubu would have left the subsidy thing the way it was, now he has dabaru everything!

Na who dey advise Tinubu?
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by emmatuegbe(m): 5:01pm On Feb 16
The foolishness of the fool will only bring more foolishness. The subsidy you are avoiding to pay or hastily removed ended up creating problems bigger than the subsidy itself, and now the aftermath of your decision has even caused you to be paying more amount through the backdoor as subsidy. In life, put certain cushionary measures in place before taking that tough decision. You might mean well but timing matters

1 Like

Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by olowo1930: 6:16pm On Feb 16
Jollos:
E lo f'ọkan balẹ grin

Is like Tinubu supporters are on holiday.
sir, I like your comment. Very truth
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by olowo1930: 6:17pm On Feb 16
englishmart:
"we will teach Peter obi a political lesson"

Hunger is now teaching them a reality lesson.
shummmm
Re: Petrol Subsidy Nears N1trn Monthly, Bigger Than When Tinubu Came - Businessday by Eriokanmi: 6:46pm On Feb 16
tensazangetsu20:
All na propaganda. Baba was busy selling stuffs in America, making illegal money, parts of which was seized by the US govt. One day, his dirty past will be unearthed by same people covering him up all in the name of presidential immunity.

He knew once he becomes president, all the investigations will be suspended

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Stop Harrassing Patience Jonathan", Yoruba Youths Tell EFCC / President Buhari Declares Open Senior Police Retreat In Imo State (Photos) / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Uyo, Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.