Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

But Why Is Chinese Fried Rice £5 but Jollof Rice £19?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / But Why Is Chinese Fried Rice £5 but Jollof Rice £19?? (2647 Views)

God Did Not Only Butter My Bread, He Added Fried Egg On Top / Lady Moves Boyfriend To Tears With Fried Plantain And Eggs (photo) / I Served My Boyfriend With Jollof Mixed With My Shit – Ex-girlfriend Discloses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: But Why Is Chinese Fried Rice £5 but Jollof Rice £19?? by Konquest: 7:07pm On Feb 27
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I am talking about foods that are only eaten by Africans and are sourced from Africa
Aha! I thought you were referring to the Diasporan-based African and Asian food stores since the OP is based in Peckam and was asking why Jollof rice is more expensive than Chinese fried rice in British pounds.

Indeed, your entire summations too are spot on with reference to foodstuffs got from Africa by Africans based on existing market research.
Re: But Why Is Chinese Fried Rice £5 but Jollof Rice £19?? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:30pm On Feb 27
Konquest:

Aha! I thought you were referring to the Diasporan-based African and Asian food stores since the OP is based in Peckam and was asking why Jollof rice is more expensive than Chinese fried rice in British pounds.

Indeed, your entire summations too are spot on with reference to foodstuffs got from Africa by Africans based on existing market research.

Even the jollof rice thing doesn't make sense. Why should it be 4x the price of Chinese rice?

1 Like

Re: But Why Is Chinese Fried Rice £5 but Jollof Rice £19?? by MrCork: 10:05pm On Feb 27
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Even the jollof rice thing doesn't make sense. Why should it be 4x the price of Chinese rice?

Ghana people now hav the ordasity to calm ghana jollof was stolen from nigeria because they invented jollof rice in africa....can u imagine?? angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pray Together, Eat Together, Talk Together, Sleep Together / I Gave Birth To A Baby For My Boss In My Hubby’s House / 7 Reasons To Fire Your Girl Friend ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.