Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,883 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) (1628 Views)

Please How Do I Recover My Money After A Failed Pos Transaction?? / Please HELP, How do I recover my money / How Do You Recover Money From A Dead Relative Bank Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16
On Wednesday this week (Valentine's day) I experienced wickedness in it's purest or should i say unpurest form

A client I've been doing some work for since January this year finally paid me my wages ( about 50k). I kept thanking God because that was the only money in my account i swear. I was DEAD broke

The greatest shock of my life came when i checked my balance after receiving the credit alert.

What i saw startled me to my bone marows.

The sum of 18000 ( eighteen thousand naira) was removed from my account without any debit alert. I immediately called the customer care around 11 PM that same day after transferring the remaining balance to my Opay

Luckily i was able to connect with one. He told me that the reason for the withdrawal was because i was debited all the cost of sms alert charges since 2021 till date that amounted to the 18k.

I wasn't having any of that. The next day (yesterday) i went very early to the bank and made the same complaint. The cashier there directed me to the customer care.
The customer care also said the same thing and confirmed it from her system that the 18k withdrawal was from the accumulated sms charge since 2021 and showed me my history which corroborated with what they were saying.

I now asked them why they had to wait for three years before debiting me in bulk, they didn't give any reasonable answer.

I almost ran mad. I didn't know when i raised my voice out loud till the security ushered me out.

Right now I'm devastated and broken. Because most of the money i was to use to service some loans and feeding.

Right now i really don't know what to do.

How can i recover my money please. I have almost lost my mind.

Someone help me out with suggestions please. I take God beg you.

Edit: some of the debit recorded in the app. First Bank doesn't allow screenshot

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Jennyclay(f): 2:16pm On Feb 16
Your money has gone! Sorry!

Who still operates with first bank in this modern age undecided.

7 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by advanceDNA: 2:18pm On Feb 16
.. u cant recover this one ooooo... Unless it's a double debit..... But if the bank didn't debit u from 2021... They have the right to reconcile their books and take their money.....

U even get luck...some banks would have debited u when u ddnt have money and make u pay debit interest on negative balance... grin

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by 377: 2:19pm On Feb 16
My dear their is absolutely nothing u can do about it. They have given you the breakdown, what u will do is most likely close the account or leave it dormant by not allowing any one send money to it. Sorry about that

4 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by VeryWickedMan: 2:20pm On Feb 16
Take a loan from them and run away.

10 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by adamma24: 2:28pm On Feb 16
Something like this happen to me in 2018 or so...I went to the bank and order them to deactivate both credit and debit sms to my number that I want only notification via email address...if i want to check balance i will check from my bank app...from then till now I have known peace of mind....so when I hear guys complaining I just remember my issue and smile..

5 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 2:29pm On Feb 16
advanceDNA:
.. u cant recover this one ooooo... Unless it's a double debit..... But if the bank didn't debit u from 2021... They have the right to reconcile their books and take their money.....

U even get luck...some banks would have debited u when u ddnt have money and make u pay debit interest on negative balance... grin
Why didn't they debit per sms and had to wait 3 years to debit all at once?

Is it my fault for their lackadaisical attitude?
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Nairalander248: 2:29pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
On Wednesday this week (Valentine's day) I experienced wickedness in it's purest or should i say unpurest form

A client I've been doing some work for since January this year finally paid me my wages ( about 50k). I kept thanking God because that was the only money in my account i swear. I was DEAD broke

The greatest shock of my life came when i checked my balance after receiving the alert.

What i saw startled me to my bone marows.

The sum of 18000 ( eighteen thousand naira) was removed from my account. I immediately called the customer care around 11 PM that same day after transferring the remaining balance to my Opay

Luckily i was able to connect with one. He told me that the reason for the withdrawal was because i was debited all the cost of sms alert charges since 2021 till date that amounted to the 18k.

I wasn't having any of that. The next day (yesterday) i went very early to the bank and made the same complaint. The cashier there directed me to the customer care.
The customer care also said the same thing and confirmed it from her system that the 18k withdrawal was from the accumulated sms charge since 2021 and showed me my history which corroborated with what they were saying.

I almost ran mad. I didn't know when i raised my voice out loud till the security ushered me out.

Right now I'm devastated and broken. Because most of the money i was to use to service some loans and feeding.

Right now i really don't know what to do.

How can i recover my money please. I have almost lost my mind.

Someone help me out with suggestions please. I take God beg you.

Edit: some of the debit recorded in the app. First Bank doesn't allow screenshot

Bank should take charges monthly make e no dey pain person.

Nothing you go do bro, it was contain in that T&C you never read but you signed.
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Obainoman6: 2:30pm On Feb 16
Op enter any of their bank and seize their work laptop don't leave it until they refund your money in full. Useless bank i only keep my money with opay after their high debit on my account.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 2:30pm On Feb 16
Nairalander248:

Bank should take charges monthly make e no dey pain person.

Nothing you go do bro, it was contain in that T&C you never read but you signed.
How is it my fault that they had to wait three years to debit all at once?
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Obainoman6: 2:31pm On Feb 16
Jennyclay:
Your money has gone! Sorry!
Who still operates with first bank in this modern age undecided.
See mouth, agadi nwanyi ekwe nka!
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by advanceDNA: 2:34pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
Why didn't they debit per sms and had to wait 3 years to debit all at once?

Is it my fault for their lackadaisical attitude?

System issues .... No vex
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 2:36pm On Feb 16
advanceDNA:

System issues .... No vex
How that one take concern me? Am i their employee?
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Jennyclay(f): 2:36pm On Feb 16
advanceDNA:

most banks are not like first bank. First bank is a useless bank undecided

The bank can only debit him for alerts charges if there was constant transactions. But In his case he hasn’t done any transactions not until he received 50k. The bank only have right to deduct his monthly VAT which is just #25.

Even if the bank haven’t deducted his monthly #25 VAT since 2021, the money wouldn’t be accumulated to 18k. Haba it’s too much!! undecided

At least it should have been just #1200

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by advanceDNA: 2:39pm On Feb 16
Jennyclay:

The bank can only debit him for alerts charges if there was constant transactions. But In his case he hasn’t done any transactions not until he received 50k. The bank only have right to deduct his monthly VAT which is just #25.

Even if the bank haven’t deducted his monthly #25 VAT since 2021, the money wouldn’t be accumulated to 18k. Haba it’s too much!! undecided

At least it should have #1200

The bank can only??
Since when can u determine how and when banks can deduct money u are owing them??

Did u read their terms and condition?? And is this written there??
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by advanceDNA: 2:40pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
How that one take concern me? Am i their employee?

I've experienced it before but e nor plenty like ur own....
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Jennyclay(f): 2:42pm On Feb 16
advanceDNA:

The bank can only??
Since when can u determine how and when banks can deduct money u are owing them??

Did u read their terms and condition?? And is this written there??
well, I don’t owe banks and I don’t know what if takes to owe bank. undecided

But that doesn’t change the fact that first bank are thieves!!!
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by advanceDNA: 2:44pm On Feb 16
Jennyclay:
well, I don’t owe banks and I don’t know what if takes to owe bank. undecided

But that doesn’t change the fact that first bank are thieves!!!

U funny man...

So u were just capping earlier ...not like u read their policy??
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 2:53pm On Feb 16
Jennyclay:

At least it should have been #1200
Thanks dear. You nailed it perfectly.

5 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 3:19pm On Feb 16
Mods please FP 🥺
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by muyico(m): 3:53pm On Feb 16
borrow they re loan and stop using d bank
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 5:18pm On Feb 16
muyico:
borrow they re loan and stop using d bank
loan? They will never give me bro. I won't waste my time trying.
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Nairalander248: 5:48pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
How is it my fault that they had to wait three years to debit all at once?

Most times the code fails and most times customer doesn't have money in the account during the time system suppose to debit grin
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by muyico(m): 7:49pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
loan? They will never give me bro. I won't waste my time trying.
try if first?
I still owned firstbank 20k, for d past 4yrs now! and I didn't plan to repay
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 8:03pm On Feb 16
muyico:
try if first?
I still owned firstbank 20k, for d past 4yrs now! and I didn't plan to repay
Okay thanks
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 8:04pm On Feb 16
Nairalander248:

Most times the code fails and most times customer doesn't have money in the account during the time system suppose to debit grin
Does that justify the 18k sms charge of less than 4 years?
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Nairalander248: 9:49pm On Feb 16
Thugnificent:
Does that justify the 18k sms charge of less than 4 years?

Credit alert = 4naira
Debit Alert = 4 naira

My account does average of 150debit/credit a month

So I pay average of 600naira a month for sms charges, that's 600 x12 = 7200x4yrs = 28,800. If his account is a busy account he can pay more than that.

He can get his statement of account, check to confirm though.
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by cunny88(m): 7:17am On Feb 17
advanceDNA:

This is only possible for current account holders whose account can be overdrawn
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 7:21am On Feb 17
Nairalander248:

Credit alert = 4naira
Debit Alert = 4 naira

My account does average of 150debit/credit a month

So I pay average of 600naira a month for sms charges, that's 600 x12 = 7200x4yrs = 28,800. If his account is a busy account he can pay more than that.

He can get his statement of account, check to confirm though.
But i haven't been active with the accounts reason for the huge sms debit alert according to them.

So where did the accumulated sms alert come from?
Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Thugnificent(m): 9:06am On Feb 17
Just posted about it on X

Hope it goes viral

Re: Please How Do I Recover My Money From First Bank (pictures) by Nairalander248: 3:16pm On Feb 17
Thugnificent:
But i haven't been active with the accounts reason for the huge sms debit alert according to them.

So where did the accumulated sms alert come from?

If the mistake is from them, sue them ooh, they will pay you in millions 😁

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Two Of Your Four Kids Are Not Yours / What Does It Mean If Someone Talks To You With An Attitude? / Long Distance Relationship Not Working For Me – How Can I End It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.