Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside (20152 Views)

FG Seals Off Sahad Store, Abuja As Crackdown On Hoarding, Price Fixing Begins / EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" / Governor Wike & Dakuku Peterside Meet In Okrika (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Benwallt(m): 8:39pm On Feb 16
What's this one saying? He-goat
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by goldmatrix(m): 8:42pm On Feb 16
Who is investing in Nigeria? U should ask yourself first, whatever you are called.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by spiSeyi: 8:43pm On Feb 16
lexy2014:

what is the name of your reliable source?

how did middle men to Indians and chinese cause inflation in Nigeria?

can you pls explain why the government has not cracked down on dangote for high cost of cement?
lipsrsealed dey play Indians and Chincos are almost in every villages for illegal mining activities and exportation of our farm produce especially cassava & local rice
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by ViceGovernor: 8:51pm On Feb 16
lexy2014:

but why has government not cracked down on dangote cement as the price of cement is now 10K?

why did the government not crackdown on banks even after accusing them of hoarding dollars?
Surely by now you realise the Nigeria economy is 50 percent Dangote.

If they take drastic steps against him it will be tantamount to shooting themselves in the foot.

About the banks I don't know if you've seen the new stringent policy the CBN enacted concerning hoarding of dollars you would agree with me that things will no longer remain the same.
Basically the bank's no longer have power to keep unused dollars like before
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Jayhome24: 8:53pm On Feb 16
lexy2014:

but why has government not applied the same whip on dangote cement as the price of cement is now 10K?

why did the government not crackdown on banks even after accusing them of hoarding dollars?

Bro food first before anything.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by BennyDGreat: 8:54pm On Feb 16
matify83:
It won't scare away genuine investors but those out to fleece Nigerians by hiking prices of everyday goods despite price tags clearly showing a lesser price.

Do you know that in the value chain, there are some into storage business?

If I am operating a storage business, so I should open the warehouse for government to dictate and sell at whatever cost they like....

All those 'hoarding' dem dey shout up and down are investors in the storage business. It's not a new business in the value chain. Why the witch hunt?
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by BennyDGreat: 8:55pm On Feb 16
Omenlon:
traders should Play according to the rules.

There are no rules. They are genuine business folks who are affected.

You are accepting government propaganda
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by BennyDGreat: 8:57pm On Feb 16
Lanre1st:
Which investors are you talking about, they are hoarding to make life unbearable for masses.

Bust their warehouse, sell for people at low price. Awon were

You really don't know what's happening.

Those people who government claim are 'hoarding' are business people into storage business.

They are not the problem.
The problem is politicians leaders that have refused to work on the insecurity problem making farmers run from the farms. That's the true problem.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by BennyDGreat: 8:59pm On Feb 16
Incrediblekutty:
Just like Peterside, you can see many evil people still condemning this move. What exactly do you suggest the government do?? Na wa O

The only solution is to fight insecurity.

Imagine using force to 'loot' a storage business of their produce because there's scarcity caused by government failure in security.

It doesn't make sense
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by lexy2014: 9:00pm On Feb 16
Jayhome24:

Bro food first before anything.

that is not why I asked you.

why has government not applied the same whip on dangote cement as the price of cement is now 10K?

Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16
How silly.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by omoadeleye(m): 9:02pm On Feb 16
This Peterside should stfu self
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by 004gist: 9:03pm On Feb 16
albert2512:

Bro, this food scarcity is due to hoarding by politicians. They initially were buying every single grain found in Nigeria through agent and export it directly to Niger, Cameroon etc too recover their money with the intention of blackmailing the government. Customs cracked down on them and they started storing it up. Government is trying to hit at something, let stop bringing ideal case scenario. The targets are not 1 or 2 trucks stores but huge storage. Everybody should open up and start selling. Nobody is losing.

Which politicians? Atiku? Or Peter Obi? Or who?
Why didn't they do it 2019 why now?

The price increase you are seeing now is the mistake Tinubu took immediate he assumed office by removing subsidy instantly and also at the same time removing subsidy on naira.
This 2 act are responsible for all this increase in food prices you see today.

Even in UK here where I stay the government subsidies the transportation system. Like irrespective of where you want to go within a city like a state you spend just 2 pounds and you can buy weekly tickets for 30 pounds and travel 1 million times until the ticket expires.

The city councils subsidise this product. At times the buses do go on strike just to increase prices and government don't allow that.

What about the education sector? The government placed a cap on that and subsidies it for the education system, placed a cap of 9000 pounds on it and only allow them to charge international student anyhow

But now the government of Nigeria is now considering removing subsidy on electricity and if problems comes now they will tell u it's opposition
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by lexy2014: 9:03pm On Feb 16
ViceGovernor:

If they take drastic steps against him it will be tantamount to shooting themselves in the foot.

About the banks I don't know if you've seen the new stringent policy the CBN enacted concerning hoarding of dollars you would agree with me that things will no longer remain the same.

but you claimed that
ViceGovernor:

But the prices of food is at an all time high.....never in the history of Nigeria has food been this expensive since it's about profit for them why are those hoarders still keeping food in warehouses.

They are the ones jacking up the price because of excess greed.
It's a good thing government is stepping in now.

1. if that is your take, is Dangote doing anything different from the people that you are happy that their businesses are being sealed by the government?

2. how is the Nigerian economy 50% Dangote?

3. how did you arrive at your 50%?

4. you did not answer my question....why did the government not crackdown on banks even after accusing them of hoarding dollars?

2 Likes

Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Jomonix: 9:04pm On Feb 16
It's wrong to make the commodity traders the scape goat of the present food crisis. They are not the reason the hike in food prices. Prices are simply following the pressure of demand, and supply.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by lexy2014: 9:04pm On Feb 16
spiSeyi:

lipsrsealed dey play Indians and Chincos are almost in every villages for illegal mining activities and exportation of our farm produce especially cassava & local rice

that is not what I asked you.

1. what is the name of your reliable source?

2. how did middle men to Indians and chinese cause inflation in Nigeria?

3. can you pls explain why the government has not cracked down on dangote for high cost of cement?
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by 004gist: 9:10pm On Feb 16
BennyDGreat:

Do you know that in the value chain, there are some into storage business?

If I am operating a storage business, so I should open the warehouse for government to dictate and sell at whatever cost they like....

All those 'hoarding' dem dey shout up and down are investors in the storage business. It's not a new business in the value chain. Why the witch hunt?

If government continues like this then in few month's to come prices will triple the more.
There are wholesalers who supplies retailers from the their warehouses.
They stocked this warehouse in millions and sell to market women little by little.
Attacking this people is like attacking the supply chain. Nigerians will pay for this in few months to come from now

1 Like

Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by PotatoSalad(m): 9:11pm On Feb 16
mrrandomguy:
I won't be surprised if all this challenges Nigeria is facing is sponsored by these bankers. Peter Obi himself is a banker.
Eyaah
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by ufotunang: 9:13pm On Feb 16
Federal government just ignorant and chasing shadows...all this problems is because of removal of fuel subsidy which has increased the price of fuel, and disel also expensive...and the floating of the naira...just reduce the price of fuel , disel and revalue the naira, strengthen the naira against the dollars and make the naira to have value against the dollars..you will see that the prices of food stuffs, goods, services will reduce and be cheap and affordable to nigerians and the hardship hunger will reduce... simple... federal government is just chasing shadows and looking for whom to blame while all of this is the fault of federal government because of their economic policies that is not working
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Alliswell248: 9:14pm On Feb 16
NzogbuNzogbu:
So our master strategist would only succeed to drive the investors he is floating naira for while still failing to curb market forces that causes inflation?

Be like we go begin need him teeth not his brain again as his supporters first call on his body

Your moniker alone is enough to warn any sensible person not to engage you.

No time to engage a sore loser.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by 004gist: 9:15pm On Feb 16
ViceGovernor:

Which one is unused dollars? While I was still in Nigeria, I discovered I could Access dollars easily from Access Bank than in any other bank cos am into YouTube that brings in dollars every month for me.

It was a problem to me then. Cos I had 5 dollar account. I asked the access Bank friend who told me they get it via their subsidiaries and networks outside the country.

Other banks like keystone, GTBank etc allows complain that the head branch only release dollar to them once in a week or twice.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:20pm On Feb 16
spiSeyi:
One of the hoarders spotted , I heard from a reliable source that the inflation in commodity price is artificially by big men who serve as middle men to Indias and Chinco. The Indias and the Chinese guys pay them in USD to buy massive local rice, grains and cassava then repackage the rice as imported, use the cassava for garri production and cassava flakes then sell back to Nierians at outrageous price.
The best way to curb the current commondity the crisis is to halt every form of food export and stop every means of cash transaction in FX
These zombies will never cease to amaize me
Just few weeks back y'all were accusing Nigerians if not exporting enough as the reason for fall in naira value
Today it's to stop every form of food export as the solution to the spiralling inflation
grin cheesy

Zombies una so dis one
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Tonididdyx: 9:25pm On Feb 16
tony0806:

My phone number is on my signature. Fix any location in Nigeria let's meet! I don't have problem with Nigerians. It's you that voted for APC that should come.

Phone number and address na thesame... Ehn?
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by castiello(m): 9:25pm On Feb 16
tony0806:
100% correct.

As a business man that chose to invest in foodstuffs just like ANY OTHER BUSINESS MAN. When price of foodstuffs were low, I used my hard earned money to buy them in bags and stored. And when prices are higher, I bring them out to sell.

And you open your dirty mouth to say i am "hoarding"? Come to my ware house let me tell you something first!

Thieves!

You’re a wicked investor and God will punish you, your wicked business will not florish what about farmers that farm the produce it shall never be well with all wicked investors
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by yad2eidi: 9:28pm On Feb 16
annoying name, Bleep off
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Puremark(m): 9:31pm On Feb 16
"Looking to become a funded trader? Check out The Funded Trader Program! It's a unique opportunity to access funding and improve your trading skills. With this program, you can trade with real money while following flexible rules and guidelines. This gives you the opportunity to hone your skills and build your confidence, while also helping you to reach your financial goals. For more information, check out the link below. Are you ready to take your trading to the next level? Visit The Funded Trader Program today!"
https://dashboard.thefundedtraderprogram.com/purchasechallenge-n/?sl=20397
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by tony0806: 9:32pm On Feb 16
castiello:

You’re a wicked investor and God will punish you, your wicked business will not florish what about farmers that farm the produce it shall never be well with all wicked investors

grin My business is flourishing. I supply pure honey to different states in Nigeria at the CHEAPEST RATE. Verify with Google.

But you fit come my warehouse make we check something?

You have more than 7 years to face this hardship. After the seal and loot warehouses, what happens next when the foodstuffs finishes

I would have said you should use your brain. But unfortunately, you can't be supporting this government and still have your brains intact

1 Like

Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by seeme2(f): 9:34pm On Feb 16
This same foolish Peterside of a yeye man was same person who released the stupid survey saying Obi will win by landslide.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by tony0806: 9:35pm On Feb 16
Tonididdyx:

Phone number and address na thesame... Ehn?

grin grin grin 7 years and 2 months remaining. Una never see something. Shebi una wan teach Peter Obi lesson? Kwantinu
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by tony0806: 9:37pm On Feb 16
seeme2:
This same foolish Peterside of a yeye man was same person who released the stupid survey saying Obi will win by landslide.

Peter Obi said he won. He was rigged out. Nitizens relaxed because the supreme Court was the last place for jurisdiction.
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by castiello(m): 9:38pm On Feb 16
tony0806:

grin My business is flourishing. I supply pure honey to different states in Nigeria at the CHEAPEST RATE. Verify with Google.

But you fit come my warehouse make we check something?

You have more than 7 years to face this hardship. After the seal and loot warehouses, what happens next when the foodstuffs finishes

I would have said you should use your brain. But unfortunately, you can't be supporting this government and still have your brains intact

Most of you investors are greedy wicked and non patriotic all you care about is money. You don’t have the country at heart even the Bible recommended you to find the prosperity of Jerusalem and nigeria is our Jerusalem all those who seek her prosperity will prosper I am a service provider and it’s on record I am the most considerate provider in my domain and I am contented and happy with my decent profit
Re: Crackdown On "Hoarding" Will Frighten Investors - Peterside by Tonididdyx: 9:41pm On Feb 16
tony0806:

grin grin grin 7 years and 2 months remaining. Una never see something. Shebi una wan teach Peter Obi lesson? Kwantinu
Unku firstly me and you nor dey share country.
I don't know tinibu or Peter.
Na simple business address I dared you to post, you don dey wave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC USA Writes Buhari And Osinbajo, Congratulates And Warns Them / Nnamdi Kanu: FG Welcomes Ohanaeze To Monitor Trial Of IPOB’s Leader / Ned Nwoko: Labour Party Needs Control Of States To Make Obi President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.