Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience (23231 Views)

What Was Your Experience Working For A Factory Company? / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by SaturnNick(m): 11:57am On Feb 26
Hold on till you get something better
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by ikdaddy01(m): 11:58am On Feb 26
Kudducini:
The problem here is working in a Chinese factory, these people has no human sympathy.

Any factory owned by a foreigner in nigeria is a No for me.
Chop knuckle

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Negroid001(m): 11:59am On Feb 26
Faced the same ish too.

Learning a skill turned out to be better.

First 2 years on your own will be hard. Just endure bro. You're good to go

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Sonnobax15(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26
lipsrsealed
70k job and 22hours per day,and you dey complain.......

Nigha,you don't value what you have but na when you go don lose an,na then you go realize say being jobless is more deadlier than where you are now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by rapheal5(m): 12:00pm On Feb 26
Kudducini:
The problem here is working in a Chinese factory, these people has no human sympathy.

Any factory owned by a foreigner in nigeria is a No for me.
Qualitec aluminum company is a nigeria factory and they treat people worse but it's 3 shift...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by obinna58(m): 12:03pm On Feb 26
All same, no where is easy brother, if you try run business for this current economy, you go cry hard

At least your stress is not totally wasted, you get little pay.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by NPFLADMIN(m): 12:03pm On Feb 26
Excuse me, but isn't this the function of the NLC? To protect the interest and rights of workers?

Or who's job is the agency?

I don't blame them. It's because they know that there is a large unemployed labour force.

Assuming jobs dey, them go protect and take care of their workers.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by ufotunang: 12:05pm On Feb 26
You should even thank God you have a job and 70;k monthly for that matter...they are a lot of people out there that are jobless looking for work but no work and they are frustrated...they are some people doing 20k to 30k jobs and suffering more than the way you are going through in tat your own job

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Foodhub2023: 12:06pm On Feb 26
post=128653309:
Start Blogging Business, My Brother And Thank Us Much Later
If am interested how do i start
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by onuman: 12:07pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
Go and learn programming and thank me later

Programming other people's brain and accounts number?
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Omanambala(m): 12:07pm On Feb 26
SyrusdeHansome:
Most pple are looking for what u`re currently tired of bro so u better sit down and save enof money 4ur future business. If u knw what others are doing for 20k salary you`ll learn 2b grateful by developing a positive mindset.

You are both ignorant and insensitive to the young man's plight. You want him to give up his life because your government who was supposed to provide him with decent employment failed him and now these wicked Chinese people are exploiting our African brothers. You need to see how stressful this jobs are. These Chinese employers work our people to death!

I had a close relative who was doing the same job some years back and they were paying him 8000 naira monthly for a 12 hours shift of which they are required to work 6 days a week. When he told me this I was so angry I wanted to send street boys to that factory and burn it down. To make matters worse, they added Sundays to their working days with same pay. I made him quit the job and started taking care of his financial needs.

The conditions these Chinese people employ our people to work in is nothing less than slavery. If I was a governor I will enact a law to protect my citizens health, pay rate. If my people had to work such inhuman hours then must pay them nothing less that 300,000 monthly or I close that slave camp. Our leaders are simply wicked

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by NaijaCover(m): 12:09pm On Feb 26
Foodhub2023:

If am interested how do i start

It requires money
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:10pm On Feb 26
SyrusdeHansome:
Most pple are looking for what u`re currently tired of bro so u better sit down and save enof money 4ur future business. If u knw what others are doing for 20k salary you`ll learn 2b grateful by developing a positive mindset.

Na why politicians go continue to loot and spoil this country. Because we don dey adapted to suffering and smiling

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by olax02(m): 12:11pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:
Hello, good people of Nairaland,

I'm 27 years old and, due to the lack of jobs in the country and after sitting at home for some months, I decided to work in a Chinese factory that produces baby diapers and menstruation pads. I was employed as a machine operator. The job is a 12-hour shift and can be either day or night. We have an hour break, and they provide food during the break. However, the job is so stressful that I'm mentally and physically burnt out. I barely have time for anything else. My life right now is wake, work, sleep. I am an introvert by nature with a little bit of social anxiety, and since I started, it's even been difficult keeping up with the few friends I have. I'm so lonely and depressed, but I can't quit yet; I just started. My intention was to work for 3-6 months so I can save and get myself photography equipment because I've learned photography. But I don't think I can stay up to 3 months. I'm not happy at all. The pay is 70k, but the stress involved is worth more than that.

The reason I brought up this topic is because I want people who have had similar experiences to share how they coped; maybe I can learn a thing or two. Also, if you have any online jobs you can teach me, I'm ready to learn. I'm computer savvy.
Half-bread is better than none. Since you have a target that is driving you. Just endure for some months, and after you have gotten enough money to start up yourself then you can quit. It is well.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Omanambala(m): 12:15pm On Feb 26
olax02:
Half-bread is better than none. Since you have a target that is driving you. Just endure for some months, and after you have gotten enough money to start up yourself then you can quit. It is well.

So it better he die eating "half bread" than save his life? I hate people who speak about what they know nothing about!

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by icankel: 12:15pm On Feb 26
My brother some commenters here are looking for 30k job but couldn't find. Nothing good comes easy, just focus and meet to ur target then leave

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by NGArmyTerrorist: 12:17pm On Feb 26
Demigod22:
I worked for Harafoam factory for one month. I ran away after the payment. I will not die. Only one month of the physical stress, when I quit, I was sick for three weeks.

You only have Sunday to yourself and you will be so tired that you won't go anywhere or do anything that Sunday.
Na slavery work , monkey dey work baboons dey chop! Thanks to God you quit.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by professorMD1: 12:17pm On Feb 26
It's simple, just start good technical skills like coding course and hit freelance market. Just my busy schedule would have helped you out somehow. Please don't kill yourselve for money and as well don't abandon any work until you have alternative

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Timmi: 12:19pm On Feb 26
Omanambala:

You are both ignorant and insensitive to the young man's plight. You want him to give up his life because your government who was supposed to provide him with decent employment failed him and now these wicked Chinese people are exploiting our African brothers. You need to see how stressful this jobs are. These Chinese employers work our people to death!

I had a close relative who was doing the same job some years back and they were paying him 8000 naira monthly for a 12 hours shift of which they are required to work 6 days a week. When he told me this I was so angry I wanted to send street boys to that factory and burn it down. To make matters worse, they added Sundays to their working days with same pay. I made him quit the job and started taking care of his financial needs.

The conditions these Chinese people employ our people to work in is nothing less than slavery. If I was a governor I will enact a law to protect my citizens health, pay rate. If my people had to work such inhuman hours then must pay them nothing less that 300,000 monthly or I close that slave camp. Our leaders are simply wicked

Let me correct your mindset, the government's responsibility is not to provide employment for her citizens. In any country, the government does not and the citizens do not expect not place a demand on the government to provide employment.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Parrot69: 12:19pm On Feb 26
N70K ?
That's $32 in todays' currency cry
OMG!!
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Exumal: 12:20pm On Feb 26
Geovanni412:

Information is available freely

Money needed is for proper laptop to learn programming

Can Dell Inspiron laptop do the job?
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by GreaterFuture(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26
Lool
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Eastcoastboy(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26
Endure, eat well, save up and quit.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by femmoy(m): 12:21pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:

It's quite far. From ota, you'll get to atan then take take a vehicle to Lusada before finally taking another vehicle to igbesa. You can't be doing thay every day

I knew from description that you were talking about Ogun state free trade zone.

Worked there Jan 2020 as a production supervisor,got unconfirmed by the managements and advised to leave by end of March. The same month I got interview call of my current job.
work from 7am to 7pm for 2 weeks and 7pm to 7am for another 2 weeks. We have an hour break,they started feeding us since the outbreak of the pandemic. Sundays was our only off days.
I saw the money but I was lean as a dying patient.

Thank God for taking me out of that hell hole.
Most Chinese are demons.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Think9ja(m): 12:22pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
Go and learn programming and thank me later

Is it the same programming that one vacancy is getting thousands of CVs or which one?

It's high time we stopped or reduced the hype around this coding stuff.

The market is saturated and lots of guys are actually jobless.

Telling people to go learn coding is not the solution to every unemployment story

8 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by olax02(m): 12:25pm On Feb 26
Omanambala:

So it better he die eating "half bread" than save his life? I hate people who speak about what they know nothing about!
Have passed through that stage if life before. I was also machine operator at Gino tomato, I gave my self target and I was able to meet up. I was able to saved up. Now am into phone accessories. Life is in stages, you must finish one stage before proceeding to the next.

9 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by DeAnonymousGuy(m): 12:27pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:

Same thing I'm experiencing, i don't mind being jobless, it's so better than doing this job. This one I'm doing, there's only 2 off in the whole month. I will quit after this month.
Abeg where the factory de? I'm interested
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Omanambala(m): 12:28pm On Feb 26
Timmi:

Let me correct your mindset, the government's responsibility is not to provide employment for her citizens. In any country, the government does not and the citizens do not expect not place a demand on the government to provide employment.

I know these things already. Stop talking to yourself. The government is supposed to develop laws that protect her citizens from being exploited. Everyone knows this!

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by LandMann: 12:28pm On Feb 26
This is the neocolonialism I've been talking about.

How does a government allow it's citizens to be used like this in 2024 without adequate compensation for their efforts?

At the end of the day, you'll find that Nigeria's labour force and manpower is largely unskilled and unproductive because in the jobs they get they're used to do extremely difficult jobs and they don't even get paid well for their efforts so much so that they can't get better education to improve their skills from the wages they earn.

Meanwhile we have a minister and ministry of Labour and productivity who sits and watches as this multinational neocolonialistic companies continue to debase Nigeria's labour force through contract employee status and other unethical labour practices that will never be tolerated in the USA and UK they so admire.

What a shitty country

5 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Omanambala(m): 12:30pm On Feb 26
femmoy:

I knew from description that you were talking about Ogun state free trade zone.

Worked there Jan 2020 as a production supervisor,got unconfirmed by the managements and advised to leave by end of March. The same month I got interview call of my current job.
work from 7am to 7pm for 2 weeks and 7pm to 7am for another 2 weeks. We have an hour break,they started feeding us since the outbreak of the pandemic. Sundays was our only off days.
I saw the money but I was lean as a dying patient.

Thank God for taking me out of that hell hole.
Most Chinese are demons.

Look at this !!

These Chinese people are evil. They work you to death because they know your leaders are irresponsible and dont care. Like a mother who allows men to r.ape her children while she watches and do nothing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most / Nigeria Customs Top Management In Age Falsification And Corruption Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.