Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,882 members, 7,810,383 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:06 AM

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience (23232 Views)

What Was Your Experience Working For A Factory Company? / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by doyinbaby(f): 7:12pm On Feb 26
Demigod22:
I worked for Harafoam factory for one month. I ran away after the payment. I will not die. Only one month of the physical stress, when I quit, I was sick for three weeks.

You only have Sunday to yourself and you will be so tired that you won't go anywhere or do anything that Sunday.
thank God you left
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by doyinbaby(f): 7:22pm On Feb 26
If the job is threatening your mental and physical health... you should quit........if you no shame ....be ready to do small job.....get a busy bustop begin they sell cooked. Food like cooked rice.......use they profit to push your dreams........ your health should not deteriorate because of work
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Laple0541(m): 8:26pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:
Hello, good people of Nairaland,

I'm 27 years old and, due to the lack of jobs in the country and after sitting at home for some months, I decided to work in a Chinese factory that produces baby diapers and menstruation pads. I was employed as a machine operator. The job is a 12-hour shift and can be either day or night. We have an hour break, and they provide food during the break. However, the job is so stressful that I'm mentally and physically burnt out. I barely have time for anything else. My life right now is wake, work, sleep. I am an introvert by nature with a little bit of social anxiety, and since I started, it's even been difficult keeping up with the few friends I have. I'm so lonely and depressed, but I can't quit yet; I just started. My intention was to work for 3-6 months so I can save and get myself photography equipment because I've learned photography. But I don't think I can stay up to 3 months. I'm not happy at all. The pay is 70k, but the stress involved is worth more than that.

The reason I brought up this topic is because I want people who have had similar experiences to share how they coped; maybe I can learn a thing or two. Also, if you have any online jobs you can teach me, I'm ready to learn. I'm computer savvy.

Since you already set a target for yourself, try to endure, safe whatever you can and go for whatever work that will make you happy. Your happiness really matters in whatever work you do. Every greatness in life always have a terrible beginning. May God lift you higher.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Fujiyama: 9:36pm On Feb 26
undecided

Some parts of this thread are funny and some are very sad at the same time.

A man lost 4 of his fingers and his 'slavers' valued each finger at 10k.

There should be insurance to cover workplace accidents like this - that's the way its supposed to work. That's why there's a ministry of labour - and that's why we have labour laws. That's why we have a government!

We don't have to suffer this way.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Nefort: 9:45pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
Go and learn programming and thank me later
Funny response. If everyone learns programming you think there will be a job for everyone? There are programmers with years of experience who are currently unemployed. The fact that you got a job as a programmer doesn't mean everyone will be lucky to get one.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Akinfemmy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26
SweetJoystick:

How much is the camera you intend buying after saving?

I intend buying a london used nikon d7100 currently selling for 400,000
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Akinfemmy(m): 10:04pm On Feb 26
Mandem2:

Where are you based?

I stay in ogun state, igbesa town.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 10:08pm On Feb 26
Demigod22:
I worked for Harafoam factory for one month. I ran away after the payment. I will not die. Only one month of the physical stress, when I quit, I was sick for three weeks.

You only have Sunday to yourself and you will be so tired that you won't go anywhere or do anything that Sunday.
lol
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 10:09pm On Feb 26
VinnyBaba:

Well, I worked in a Satchet (Pure)Water Factory in 2007/2008.

It was a Great experience. We were Baggers.

I remember My guy that used to put 17, 18 satchets in Bags
because he was listening to Timaya's Dem Mama and Psquare do me songs. smiley

Na when Driver carry them go Retailers shops, Kasala dey burst. shocked cheesy cheesy
lol

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Cherry88(f): 11:14pm On Feb 26
Try a.m.business
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by 4right: 12:43am On Feb 27
ecomalchemistt:
Most of the comments are just motivational speakers with no concrete blueprint on how to get out of this quagmire.. so so big English everywhere !!!

The is is the best advice I can give you for free and it’s practical , start something today ‘

Thank me later !

Good idea

Guy ECOMALCHEMISTT,contact me on Cranodedollar@mail.com,
I need an idea from you ,may pay you up to #100,00 for the idea,Currently in Search of Good Business Ideas.

No JOB in Nigeria...but theres work you can turn into a fulltime JOB.

Your kids can't inherit your job..(JUST OVER BROKE)...start something and scale it.....put your life into it.....

We are over 200 million Nigerians , sell to 1% of that population and smile to the bank.

Times have changed..you need start thinking radically.

Where do you reside currently, you'd need to roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running immediately.

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook marketplace, jiji , etc.

List your products on those platforms..You can start with 100k - 1M...

- go and learn how to run ads (facebook , instagram , google ads , SEO )

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M

Combine it with POS and bill payment , Fast Moving Consumer Goods business.

Stay safe.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Yamleg: 5:24am On Feb 27
Akinfemmy:

It's quite far. From ota, you'll get to atan then take take a vehicle to Lusada before finally taking another vehicle to igbesa. You can't be doing thay every day
Hi bro. You work in kisskids or software in FTZ.
Kindly BUZZ ME LET'S TALK.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Yamleg: 5:31am On Feb 27
femmoy:

I knew from description that you were talking about Ogun state free trade zone.

Worked there Jan 2020 as a production supervisor,got unconfirmed by the managements and advised to leave by end of March. The same month I got interview call of my current job.
work from 7am to 7pm for 2 weeks and 7pm to 7am for another 2 weeks. We have an hour break,they started feeding us since the outbreak of the pandemic. Sundays was our only off days.
I saw the money but I was lean as a dying patient.

Thank God for taking me out of that hell hole.
Most Chinese are demons.
What was the pay for the supervisory role then.
The hours worked is huge, more than 288 hrs monthly.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Bamz(m): 7:23am On Feb 27
Akinfemmy

Please send me a DM.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 7:42am On Feb 27
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
70k job and 22hours per day,and you dey complain.......

Nigha,you don't value what you have but na when you go don lose an,na then you go realize say being jobless is more deadlier than where you are now
i no blame you. you don chop beleful na why you dey tok like this. Check well, you neva work b4
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 8:00am On Feb 27
efembaba:
IT'S TOTALLY STUPID FOR ANYONE TO BLAME ANYONE COMPLAINNING ABOUT THIER UNSATISFACTORY JOB SIMPLY BECAUSE SOME OTHER PEOPLE DON'T HAVE JOBS AT ALL.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE A JOB, CREATE A THREAD AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT TOO.

DON'T INVALIDATE PEOPLE'S FEELINGS WITH YOUR FALLACIOUS ARGUMENTS AND HIGHLY INSENSITIVE ATTITUDE.
god bless you. These people just like suffering and its not like they have the stamina and endurance level to work long term. Six months, one year, they are done and off to the next adventure leaving the employer in penury

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Sonnobax15(m): 8:06am On Feb 27
Katcall:
i no blame you. you don chop beleful na why you dey tok like this. Check well, you neva work b4
. grin. Guy,work wwy I don do for this my life,I swear you never do reach 1% of am for your full life..
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 8:09am On Feb 27
Calitoscassius:
That mindset is typical of most Naigeerians. cheesy because some people are struggling in their jobs or otherwise then everyone else must struggle in their jobs. Because some people are jobless and looking for work, people who has job even if the jobs are hard, difficult and cheaply paid they should be grateful, in other words stop complaining and die in the job.
don't mind them. These same people blaming him can't work long term in between jobs. Its from one employer to the other under one year
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 8:12am On Feb 27
Whobedatte:
Any thing Chinese or Lebanese , run like Usain Bolt.
They don’t run an effective HMO , cooperative for share loans and ordinary loans and always keep casual staffs for more than 6 months or lay off and recruit again .
They work for 12 hrs with only 30 mins break and under no health and safety conditions .
Overall , they pay peanuts and pray you don’t suffer accident while on duty.
Chinese
Lebanese are terrible people to work with .
30 minutes break in 12 hours is utterly inhuman
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Katcall: 8:17am On Feb 27
Nice2023:
I once worked at Johnson wax in Lagos where they produced coil and raids.

I only worked for a month and I ran away with my life.

Very tedious work.

If u see the oven...it can kill ur sperms. We were warned not be close to fire...In fact,there is no way u can not go close to the fire.

It was hell on earth.
how many hours
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Nice2023(m): 8:20am On Feb 27
Katcall:
how many hours

6am to 6pm then.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by femmoy(m): 8:29am On Feb 27
Yamleg:

What was the pay for the supervisory role then.
The hours worked is huge, more than 288 hrs monthly.

N250k but they cut my money whenever any of the operators commit a blunder. The 250k was never completely paid.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Demigod22: 9:02am On Feb 27
NGArmyTerrorist:
Na slavery work , monkey dey work baboons dey chop! Thanks to God you quit.

You have said it all, the work was stressful. Always having headache and body pain, coming home from work at night, work from Monday to Saturday, and the whole stuff is depressing for someone that has ambition.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by galantjoe(m): 3:47pm On Feb 27
my advice is simple.

You re a maker of your mental anxiety. because you re looking for for whole collar job.
that job you do for 12 hours and 1 hour break time with food and 70k pay monthly. that job is good job.
just put positive mental attitude on the job. eat very well. dont feel cheated. stay focused and determined. even it will help you to minimize expenses on social activities which may not add anything to your financial life.
you can work there for few years to save enough money to start a business. forget about friends, many friends are burden if you dont have much money to spend on them.

i wish you goodluck
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Akinfemmy(m): 4:45pm On Feb 28
Bamz:
Akinfemmy

Please send me a DM.

You can mail me on this kingfanak@gmail.com
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Love800(m): 6:36pm On Feb 29
Cooked food!

U nor hear say food vendors dey close their shop because no money to buy ingredients and the rest things to use and cook?

Prices of ingredients and the raw rice, beans, tomatoe, pepper are rising in the market, so it is hard for dem coping.
doyinbaby:
If the job is threatening your mental and physical health... you should quit........if you no shame ....be ready to do small job.....get a busy bustop begin they sell cooked. Food like cooked rice.......use they profit to push your dreams........ your health should not deteriorate because of work
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 8:59am On Mar 02
Akinfemmy:

It's quite far. From ota, you'll get to atan then take take a vehicle to Lusada before finally taking another vehicle to igbesa. You can't be doing thay every day
how much is the transportation cost and when is the resumption time and closing tome of the factory .. I'll find a way to make it work..

The ota I'm talking is very close to winners...
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:07am On Mar 02
soccerlite:

Dis one are even giving food

They try fa

At magic company in Ibadan, it's 12hrs job, they don't give food

The workers are slaving away, more than half their wage has been spent on buying food inside the company from food vendors

What a unfortunate scenerio
where is the magic company situated at sir in ibadan?!
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by soccerlite: 9:32pm On Mar 02
PrinceofAgoAre:
where is the magic company situated at sir in ibadan?!

Oluyole!
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Benjamin4388(m): 4:58pm On Mar 28
ecomalchemistt:
Most of the comments are just motivational speakers with no concrete blueprint on how to get out of this quagmire.. so so big English everywhere !!!

The is is the best advice I can give you for free and it’s practical , start something today ‘

Thank me later !

No JOB in Nigeria...but theres work you can turn into a fulltime JOB.

Your kids can't inherit your job..(JUST OVER BROKE)...start something and scale it.....put your life into it.....

We are over 200 million Nigerians , sell to 1% of that population and smile to the bank.

Times have changed..you need start thinking radically.

Where do you reside currently, you'd need to roll up your sleeves and hit the ground running immediately.

If you are in Lagos or any of the cosmopolitan cities, you need some tools.

- Phone , internet , Laptop (not necessary) , facebook, instagram page, twitter, jumia, konga, facebook marketplace, jiji , etc.

List your products on those platforms..You can start with 100k - 1M...

- go and learn how to run ads (facebook , instagram , google ads , SEO )

- know how to take good pictures.

- use a good logistics company for deliveries.

Enter street, look for big time importers, negotiate with them. Tell them you will bring customers and sell thier products very fast.

One of the hot products i started out with and grew it to a 6 figure business > >

https://www.nairaland.com/7403742/zealot-s67-wireless-speaker-60w

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them sales, make a lot of money.
Not just money...

You will build your confidence.
Your influence will grow, and...
You’ll attract more opportunities to yourself.
You need to start operating smartly.

Look for a business that is offline, bring it online and get them SALES.
Thank me later when you hit your first M

Combine it with POS and bill payment , Fast Moving Consumer Goods business.

Stay safe.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by supermally(m): 2:46pm On Apr 01
[quote author=Benjamin4388 post=129154121][/quote]
[center]🚀 Welcome to Supermally, your one-stop destination for all your buying and selling needs! Whether you're a buyer searching for the perfect product or a seller looking to reach a wider audience, Supermally has you covered. Visit us at supermally.com today!
#Supermally #Ecommerce #OnlineShopping
[b][/b][/center] beta testing now. is coming out shortly supermally.com

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Humbleamanda(f): 3:45pm On Apr 05
i am inspired by this your experience. i want to learn programing from basic. please how do i go about it. thanks in anticipation

ekenweohia:

From 2017 - 2018, aged about 27 years, I was working as a machine operator in a HDPE plant(producing bottle water caps) in the South east with similar working conditions as yours.
As an engineering graduate from a Federal University, I was grossly underpaid at a 35k monthly salary.
I wanted to quit and learn programming but my fear was how to sustain myself during my learn period.
After working about 1 year there, I was sacked after I had a run-in(funny story for another day) with my manager.
I went back to my parents house and started my programming journey, I did side and menial jobs to sustain myself for the one year I was learning(I was self-taught for many months and landed a free internship after).
I got a job after the internship, changed jobs 3 months later, changed several jobs along the line and by '21/22, I was commanding over 1million Naira in monthly salary. At some point, I had multiple gigs and did about 8million monthly. I'm still a work in progress and I'm grateful to God, nature and experiences.

If I wasn't sacked, I don't know if I'd have gotten the courage to quit and face my life. I'd possibly be there procrastinating.

The moral of my story is to take tough decisions as it'd become clearer as you proceed because when there's a will, there's a way. Selah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most / Nigeria Customs Top Management In Age Falsification And Corruption Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.