Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,886 members, 7,810,405 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience (23233 Views)

What Was Your Experience Working For A Factory Company? / The Best Boss You Have Ever Worked With. Share Your Experience / Two Mexicans Fired From A Factory And The Rest Decided To Leave With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by OkoEmm: 1:53pm On Feb 26
Kudducini:
The problem here is working in a Chinese factory, these people has no human sympathy.

Any factory owned by a foreigner in nigeria is a No for me.

Just to add to what you have said. A lot of times, most of those factories that you see Chinese are not actually owned by Chinese, a signifcant number of them are owned by Nigerians but the nigerian owners outsource "Operations and Management Services(O & M secices) to the chinese.

There's a company I know of that pays almost $250,000 a year to the Chinese company that supplied their factory equipment to provide O & M services.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by soccerlite: 1:57pm On Feb 26
Dis one are even giving food

They try fa

At magic company in Ibadan, it's 12hrs job, they don't give food

The workers are slaving away, more than half their wage has been spent on buying food inside the company from food vendors

What a unfortunate scenerio

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by soccerlite: 2:04pm On Feb 26
Jokerman:
Why not learn a vocational skill?? Like Barbing, Carpentry, RAC technician, Welding, Mechanic etc, these are in demand skills....

That's it

Factory work in nigeria are for students holiday job, or it

It's not for a living

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Vijuchoco(f): 2:05pm On Feb 26
Careente7:
Factory work shortens your days on earth……..

No comment; next question.
Lol.. Even other jobs that involves night shifts has same effect embarassed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Kudducini(m): 2:08pm On Feb 26
rapheal5:
Qualitec aluminum company is a nigeria factory and they treat people worse but it's 3 shift...

There are bad eggs in Nigerian factories too but as a Nigerian its unwise working with these people, I don't think its even possible to sue companies owned by foreigners. You might be lucky with Nigerian companies tho.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Kudducini(m): 2:10pm On Feb 26
OkoEmm:

Just to add to what you have said. A lot of times, most of those factories that you see Chinese are not actually owned by Chinese, a signifcant number of them are owned by Nigerians but the nigerian owners outsource "Operations and Management Services(O & M secices) to the chinese.

There's a company I know of that pays almost $250,000 a year to the Chinese company that supplied their factory equipment to provide O & M services.
Hi

Very true you will hardly see a Nigerian company or factories without a foreigner in a top position. But wetin man go do man GATS survive
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by gammarays(m): 2:11pm On Feb 26
Calitoscassius:
You don't understand, again, what if he dies or his health detoriates in the job before he could save enough to meet his budget?

Your advice may sound realistic, but his health and life are more important, he could not work to save money if his health is bad or if he dies in the job.

If it comes down to him begging or needs assistance from me, no problem! Atleast he would still be alive and healthy.

Have ever heard the phrase, health is wealth? cheesy

Pardon me for sounding unreasonable to you but i am being reasonable..
People like us prefer to stress and survive than relax and beg

Continuing the job for a few months more in order to save won't kill him.
The yearning for a better future is what makes us struggle today.

I didn't advise him to continue with the job for long. However he has to prepare before resigning or it'll be disaster
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Stan2330(m): 2:23pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
Go and learn programming and thank me later
How can I go about this?
Do u mind explaining the steps to go about it like I’m a 5 year old boy?
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by stagger: 2:30pm On Feb 26
femmoy:

I knew from description that you were talking about Ogun state free trade zone.

Worked there Jan 2020 as a production supervisor,got unconfirmed by the managements and advised to leave by end of March. The same month I got interview call of my current job.
work from 7am to 7pm for 2 weeks and 7pm to 7am for another 2 weeks. We have an hour break,they started feeding us since the outbreak of the pandemic. Sundays was our only off days.
I saw the money but I was lean as a dying patient.

Thank God for taking me out of that hell hole.
Most Chinese are demons.

Have you been to a typical factory in China? Those guys work like machines. Unfortunately, our climate cannot fit that kind of work pattern.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by poweredcom(m): 2:35pm On Feb 26
Brother do the work and save up and leave you are a lazy type

When i was working when i finished secondary school was worst than this and i survived it and left
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Opanka44(m): 3:03pm On Feb 26
VinnyBaba:

Well, I worked in a Satchet (Pure)Water Factory in 2007/2008.

It was a Great experience. We were Baggers.

I remember My guy that used to put 17, 18 satchets in Bags
because he was listening to Timaya's Dem Mama and Psquare do me songs. smiley

Na when Driver carry them go Retailers shops, Kasala dey burst. shocked cheesy cheesy

Hahaha.. same year I worked at a factory too. My initial Salary was #2, 500 and later became 3k. I had a very wicked manager who would deduct every little shortage I had from my salary. Most times, I had nothing left to myself. O God!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by rapheal5(m): 3:10pm On Feb 26
Kudducini:

There are bad eggs in Nigerian factories too but as a Nigerian its unwise working with these people, I don't think its even possible to sue companies owned by foreigners. You might be lucky with Nigerian companies tho.
law doesn't work in nigeria if you are not richer or famous than who you want fight legally...
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by ffo(m): 3:15pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
You can add Artificial Intelligence to it @Akinfemmy
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by titandeus: 3:17pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
PEOPLE LIKE U ARE A PROBLEM.
SEE AS YOU LOUD AM AS IF CODING NA ONE TIME SOLUTION. SHEY U GO EMPLOY AM FOR UR COMPANY? SHEY U GO FIND SIMPLE INTERNSHIP FOR AM? SHEY U GO GIVE AM GIGS?
E DEY EASY FOR MUMU TO TALK WHEN E NO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ANYTHING. HIDE UR FOOLISHNESS

ANYBODY WEY WAN LEARN PROGRAMMING KNOW SAY JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER THING E NO EASY. BOTH LEARNING AND GETTING PAID
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by cedricksly: 3:22pm On Feb 26
Lalami3232:
everybody must not be a programmer, this is were you people get it all wrong. He said he has a photography skill, you should advise him to learn a tech skill that will compliment that, like UI/UX design etc. Every time learn programing learn programming. What happens to other lucrative tech skill?? I'm an Aws Devops Engineer And
Certified solutions Architect. Na this programing advise to every dick and Harry dey make many people run firm tech space
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by YoshihideSuga: 3:43pm On Feb 26
Kudducini:
The problem here is working in a Chinese factory, these people has no human sympathy.

Any factory owned by a foreigner in nigeria is a No for me

Not entirely true. Factories owned by Europeans, especially the French, and Americans have the highest working standards. I'm curious though, why do you think Nigerian owned factories are better off in working conditions?
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by MrGerald(m): 3:58pm On Feb 26
SyrusdeHansome:
Most pple are looking for what u`re currently tired of bro so u better sit down and save enof money 4ur future business. If u knw what others are doing for 20k salary you`ll learn 2b grateful by developing a positive mindset.
This is not the question, have you worked in a factory before? Nothing like most people are looking for it, by the time you get there your body go tell you, you'll never mind the Money and you'll run, it's kinda place they'd tell you thousands come thousands go. Especially when it involve all these Chinese, Indians, Lebanese etc, extracting and draining you more than 12 hours every day, just try and see

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by topefelix799(m): 4:08pm On Feb 26
Do you need a profitable facebook ads for your business. +2348132817940 (Whatsapp only).
or
A genuine link to study and relocate abroad? +2348132817940 (Whatsapp only).
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by MrGerald(m): 4:10pm On Feb 26
PrinceofAgoAre:
op .. I'd be glad if you can link me to this factory pls
Bro factory work them no dey say no, you fit start d same day you go there but Na your body go tell you
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by 2mininuP: 4:18pm On Feb 26
SyrusdeHansome:
Most pple are looking for what u`re currently tired of bro so u better sit down and save enof money 4ur future business. If u knw what others are doing for 20k salary you`ll learn 2b grateful by developing a positive mindset.

To be frank you are very correct but if any work is making someone to lose his or her sanity is better to quit. As simple as that
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Calitoscassius(m): 4:41pm On Feb 26
gammarays:

People like us prefer to stress and survive than relax and beg

Continuing the job for a few months more in order to save won't kill him.
The yearning for a better future is what makes us struggle today.

I didn't advise him to continue with the job for long. However he has to prepare before resigning or it'll be disaster
Okay. Sounds reasonable. I get it..

I also applaud your mindset of stressing and surviving rather than beg or relax. Let me add also that there is nothing wrong with seeking for financial help (begging) or otherwise if NEED be. If your life depends on it. I always tell my children, if you are ever left with nothing to eat to stay alive, eat the cat or Dog your pet, eat each other if you have to, to stay alive. They were like eeewwwww!! Tueh! Yukk! Sounds mad and bizzare but realistic.

Good luck in whatever you do.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Reussite: 4:45pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:
Hello, good people of Nairaland,

I'm 27 years old and, due to the lack of jobs in the country and after sitting at home for some months, I decided to work in a Chinese factory that produces baby diapers and menstruation pads. I was employed as a machine operator. The job is a 12-hour shift and can be either day or night. We have an hour break, and they provide food during the break. However, the job is so stressful that I'm mentally and physically burnt out. I barely have time for anything else. My life right now is wake, work, sleep. I am an introvert by nature with a little bit of social anxiety, and since I started, it's even been difficult keeping up with the few friends I have. I'm so lonely and depressed, but I can't quit yet; I just started. My intention was to work for 3-6 months so I can save and get myself photography equipment because I've learned photography. But I don't think I can stay up to 3 months. I'm not happy at all. The pay is 70k, but the stress involved is worth more than that.

The reason I brought up this topic is because I want people who have had similar experiences to share how they coped; maybe I can learn a thing or two. Also, if you have any online jobs you can teach me, I'm ready to learn. I'm computer savvy.
You are a computer savvy person & you are working in a factory in 2024?
You can do better than that bro.
Undergraduates are milking money off the internet like piece of cake. Get online & work smart not hard.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Timagex(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26
Guy, make haste about those equipments o. Photographers dey para now. Camera joint even said he will stop posting his prices. Any small change you see, buy, the equipment it can purchase.

Keep your head up!!
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by IamKollinx(m): 5:31pm On Feb 26
Bro just understand that life is not easy. At least you have means of getting money, so save up and start something for yourself.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Yusufisraelj(m): 5:53pm On Feb 26
Akinfemmy:

Thanks bro

Nlfpmod

No follow that Arabic advice.

What do you want to do with your life?

What do you have now?

Who needs your services?

How can you connect with people that can help you succeed? Be conscious of also adding value to them.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Timmi: 6:07pm On Feb 26
lekonso:

You wey no comot your street dey talk of what happens in other countries

Obviously you are an ignoramus fool
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Timmi: 6:11pm On Feb 26
Scholace:
you're truly ignorance. Go and read your Constitution and responsibilities of government to her citizens then come back here. Security of lives and properties, employment opportunities, welfare of the citizens et al are some of the responsibility of your government, which obviously they failed woefully

Oga Scholace, employment opportunities was not mentioned in the constitution. May be it is in your constitution but not definitely in the Nigeria constitution. Otherwise provide relevant citations and quote verbatim for us.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Timmi: 6:14pm On Feb 26
Omanambala:

I know these things already. Stop talking to yourself. The government is supposed to develop laws that protect her citizens from being exploited. Everyone knows this!

Since you know these things, then you are in agreement with what I said. Citizens are free to accept employment from companies and companies are free to hire potential employee. Both party can quit anytime with no question asked.
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Kudducini(m): 6:41pm On Feb 26
YoshihideSuga:

Not entirely true. Factories owned by Europeans, especially the French, and Americans have the highest working standards. I'm curious though, why do you think Nigerian owned factories are better off in working conditions?

My mistake tho, I mean Chinese and Lebanese
Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by armadeo(m): 6:50pm On Feb 26
Parrot69:
N70K ?
That's $32 in todays' currency cry
OMG!!

Why do you think the Chinese and Lebanese love Nigeria. Cheap labour is plentiful if you complain another person is ready to take the job for less pay.

Chinese factory worker earns roughly 4 dollars an hr. Let that sink in. A 12 hr shift would net him 48 dollars that's more than they are paying for a month here.

Why do you think they haven't closed up like all the others the profit is massive.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Worked In A Factory? Come In And Share Your Experience by Parrot69: 6:53pm On Feb 26
armadeo:

Why do you think the Chinese and Lebanese love Nigeria. Cheap labour is plentiful if you complain another person is ready to take the job for less pay.

Chinese factory worker earns roughly 4 dollars an hr. Let that sink in. A 12 hr shift would net him 48 dollars that's more than they are paying for a month here.

Why do you think they haven't closed up like all the others the profit is massive.
God!!! cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles / Professions That Harbor Secrets The Most / Nigeria Customs Top Management In Age Falsification And Corruption Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.