Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice (21168 Views)

Hiring A Professional Roofing Contractor Is A Wise Decision To Redo A Roof / The Power Of Wise Decision Is Trigged By The Wisdom Of The Eagle, Be Wise / Soakaway Construction: Am I Being Charged Too Much? Please Advice Me. Thanks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by JeffArmani234: 2:27pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

Sharing toilet with over 13 people is so irritating embarassed.

Ehyaa! You don’t have money to rent decent apartment. Sorry!

People are really suffering in this country. May God help you struggling and broke men!

I don’t want to call you a BASTARD

4 Likes

Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17
SweetDipBenny:
I heard you were raped by your father and brother. Now i understand your pain.
Her father and brothers.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:29pm On Feb 17
JeffArmani234:

You don't want to call her what she is? cheesy
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 2:32pm On Feb 17
Pennyseo2:

Check ur home.. Ur parents n u might be even staying in face me I face u house.... Max 2 rooms

Nonsense
Her parents live in the hinterlands of her village, she lives in a cubicle which does not belong to her.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by fawaz050(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17
Assigned:
I need your advice please 🙏🙏🙏 long post but please bear with me

So I currently live in a "boys quarter" apartment where I share toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants.

The good side of the house
The house is just about 2 minutes from the main road (trek able) so I don't spend anything on TFare when I'm going to the bus stop. The area also has about 23hrs of power supply which is very rare to find in some other places in Lagos.

All of which are important because I work hybrid and electricity and transportation are major expenses for anyone in Lagos .

The bad side of the house
I share bathroom and toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants and the toilet is at the far extreme of the house. I pay someone each time it's my turn to clean the toilet and sweep.

I also share prepaid meter with everybody (about 15 plus shops) which causes issues whenever we need to buy units and all.
The house has a rule of always switching off the light during the day and putting it on at night by 8pm which means if I have to use light during the day, I either buy additional unit (which the whole house will use because I can't use it alone - no personal switch) or turn on my generator.
No water in the compound so I have to pay someone to help me with fetching water or I carry bucket
The neighbors are one of the most bitter people I've ever seen, but the landlord doesn't stay with us
I pay about 7,500 monthly on electricity based on this arrangement.

The situation

I plan on renting a room self contain (budget 300k max) around the area but I couldn't find any, other places are either too far, not enough power supply, shared prepaid meter, or even sub par apartment for high price.

So as an alternative, I'm thinking about liaising with the landlord to renovate my apartment, get a personal prepaid meter and also channel water from around the neighborhood. The budget which shouldn't exceed 200k.

Considering all of this, what should I do?

I don't know if the water part will be possible. However, for the prepaid part, I know someone that can help you. He works as a programmer with EKEDC.

No scam. DM if interested. And please, I'm not going to collect shishi for referring you and this my guy is well to do too. So feel free
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by mamawa123: 3:06pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
May God help you struggling and broke men!

Nice one, but you also need to pray for your type too. I am talking about the Gold diggers.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Davida33: 3:26pm On Feb 17
Assigned:
I need your advice please 🙏🙏🙏 long post but please bear with me

So I currently live in a "boys quarter" apartment where I share toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants.

The good side of the house
The house is just about 2 minutes from the main road (trek able) so I don't spend anything on TFare when I'm going to the bus stop. The area also has about 23hrs of power supply which is very rare to find in some other places in Lagos.

All of which are important because I work hybrid and electricity and transportation are major expenses for anyone in Lagos .

The bad side of the house
I share bathroom and toilet with about 13 other neighbors living in the face me face you plus the rest of the BQ tenants and the toilet is at the far extreme of the house. I pay someone each time it's my turn to clean the toilet and sweep.

I also share prepaid meter with everybody (about 15 plus shops) which causes issues whenever we need to buy units and all.
The house has a rule of always switching off the light during the day and putting it on at night by 8pm which means if I have to use light during the day, I either buy additional unit (which the whole house will use because I can't use it alone - no personal switch) or turn on my generator.
No water in the compound so I have to pay someone to help me with fetching water or I carry bucket
The neighbors are one of the most bitter people I've ever seen, but the landlord doesn't stay with us
I pay about 7,500 monthly on electricity based on this arrangement.

The situation

I plan on renting a room self contain (budget 300k max) around the area but I couldn't find any, other places are either too far, not enough power supply, shared prepaid meter, or even sub par apartment for high price.

So as an alternative, I'm thinking about liaising with the landlord to renovate my apartment, get a personal prepaid meter and also channel water from around the neighborhood. The budget which shouldn't exceed 200k.

Considering all of this, what should I do?

What's the name of the area? I am looking for a place that have steady light.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by chikason22(m): 3:38pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

People are really suffering in this country. May God help you struggling and broke men!
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. U dey mad oo lolzz. Your life don tire person. Always calling the same gender that foot your bills and make you wet in za other room "Broke" chaii. SMH
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Pinkybush: 4:30pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

This lady is not far from a mere cleaner or a house girl. She's always happy coming here to broke shame guys. Someone that was lucky to become house help to an average earning person, not even a wealthy man.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 5:11pm On Feb 17
How do one get a prepaid meter?
ubev01:
Prepaid meter alone is about 100k, plumbing, water tank, renovation that i assume will turn your single room to a self contain all for 200k? Or was it 2m you meant to type
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 5:12pm On Feb 17
Hw do one get a prepaid meter?
kitken:

Na lie.
U can't take it when relocating to another place, except within that premises.
It's only advisable for landlords to get prepaid meter for tenants in landlords information.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 5:20pm On Feb 17
I want to ask a question.
Is solar and inverter related?
WantsandMore:
My opinion;
If there's space find the cost estimates of mobile toilet/bathroom...
As for light; get solar installation for during the day. The solar doesn't have to be big budget, just enough to power some bulbs, solar fan & charge your gadgets. Or better still, ditch the solar, but li-po rechargeable batteries, get a 1.2kva inverter battery converter. @ night charge all your big batteries. 200ahms is good if you plan to use big loads during the day. Meanwhile keep saving your mula, tough times don't last only tough people do. Just make the times a bit efficient
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 5:22pm On Feb 17
How does it look like?

Is it not the same thing with normal solars, people used at home?
altteemy:

Get these small portable solar generators that work like UPS. Backup during the day and use at night. Solves your power issue.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by babatunji91185: 5:51pm On Feb 17
She was raped by her father and brothers...she is damaged and has no man in her life hence the man-hating. Ignore the illiterate.She was raped by her father and brothers...she is damaged and has no man in her life hence the man-hating. Ignore the illiterate....
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Postinor: 5:56pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

all I want to ever do is to Bleep your pussy till your legs become shaky, maybe my sperm would put some sense in your brains
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by WantsandMore: 6:02pm On Feb 17
Love800:
I want to ask a question.
Is solar and inverter related?
Solar = sun
Solar Panel = device used to capture sun's energy.
Inverter = device used to convert DC to AC for efficient use
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 6:44pm On Feb 17
I dont understand the bolded.

But i want to still ask. Must u buy inverter along with solar? Because when people are talking about buying solar, they must include inverter. Why?
Is it dat the solar cant work without inverter?
WantsandMore:
Solar = sun
Solar Panel = device used to capture sun's energy.
Inverter = device used to convert DC to AC for efficient use
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by WantsandMore: 6:49pm On Feb 17
Love800:
I dont understand the bolded.

But i want to still ask. Must u buy inverter along with solar? Because when people are talking about buying solar, they must include inverter. Why?
Is it dat the solar cant work without inverter?
they're like part of a complete system. You know how the body includes various parts to function as one?
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 6:58pm On Feb 17
I appreciate dis ur post.
But can u tell me in details, how the solar and inverter works?
Is the inverter the battery to the solar or the solar has its own battery?
This has been confusing me since.
WantsandMore:
they're like part of a complete system. You know how the body includes various parts to function as one?
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by candygist: 7:15pm On Feb 17
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

Oya take your trophy now that you've mocked him stylishly.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by WantsandMore: 8:40pm On Feb 17
Love800:
I appreciate dis ur post.
But can u tell me in details, how the solar and inverter works?
Is the inverter the battery to the solar or the solar has its own battery?
This has been confusing me since.
Normally this is how they are made to work
The solar panels capture sunlight and convert it into direct current (DC) electricity.
The charge controller regulates the voltage and current coming from the solar panels and prevents the battery from overcharging or over-discharging.
The battery bank stores the DC electricity for later use.
The inverter converts the DC electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is used by most home appliances and devices.
The loads are the appliances and devices that use the electricity from the system.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 9:11pm On Feb 17
Tankz so much.

Is it the inverter they do charge with nepa light? I use to hear people saying, nepa light charges it. Is it the inverter, nepa light charges or the solar itself?
WantsandMore:

Normally this is how they are made to work
The solar panels capture sunlight and convert it into direct current (DC) electricity.
The charge controller regulates the voltage and current coming from the solar panels and prevents the battery from overcharging or over-discharging.
The battery bank stores the DC electricity for later use.
The inverter converts the DC electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity, which is used by most home appliances and devices.
The loads are the appliances and devices that use the electricity from the system.
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by WantsandMore: 9:22pm On Feb 17
Love800:
Tankz so much.

Is it the inverter they do charge with nepa light? I use to hear people saying, nepa light charges it. Is it the inverter, nepa light charges or the solar itself?
the battery
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by bikefab(m): 10:12pm On Feb 17
Imagine sharing a toilet with 13 strangers...
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by remsonik(f): 10:30pm On Feb 17
JeffArmani234:

It's you who's a bastard, read her post well. Stop bullying her,this really showed many guys giving comments on this topic are senseless with no intelligence.....

If what she said doesn't relate to the topic then ignore her. Jennyclay is not the op,give op an advice that can help him get a conducive accommodation!

1 Like

Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by 184ejikeme: 10:53pm On Feb 17
Keep searching for a self-contained in the area. That's the best option here.Keep searching for a self-contained in the area. That's the best option here....
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by altteemy: 11:51pm On Feb 17
Love800:
How does it look like?

Is it not the same thing with normal solars, people used at home?

But hybrid powered with mains (NEPA) power supply. It can also be called a high capacity UPS.

Simply search for solar generator. (It must be chargeable with mains power supply).
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by razible5384(m): 6:29pm On Feb 18
Jennyclay:
Puke!! embarassed

do you really have something else doing other than constituting nuisance on nairaland? I'm just curious on someone could be so jobless
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by ubev01(m): 7:23pm On Feb 18
Love800:
How do one get a prepaid meter?
You go to their office
Re: Is This A Wise Decision? Please Advice by Love800(m): 7:38am On Feb 20
I heard if u go to their office, it will still not get to u.
ubev01:
You go to their office

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Architect / Woman Whose House Was Gutted By Fire In Owerri: M Husband Was Asleep In The Room / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.