Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,682 members, 7,847,788 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 07:53 AM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (60281 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Sankabson(m): 7:42pm On May 18
Hello Sir,

Which is the best Turbalur battery and price for this Inverter Set Up, as Lithium is on the highest side now..

- 7.5Kva Felicity Inverter
- 80ah Charge Controller
- 12 Panels of 300watts

I'll be glad if I can get any lead here.

Thanks in advance
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Trippledots(m): 2:45pm On May 19
Sankabson:
Hello Sir,

Which is the best Turbalur battery and price for this Inverter Set Up, as Lithium is on the highest side now..

- 7.5Kva Felicity Inverter
- 80ah Charge Controller
- 12 Panels of 300watts

I'll be glad if I can get any lead here.

Thanks in advance

Mono 460w--125k (very clean like new)
Mono 265w--80k
Mono 430w--120k
Mono 250w--78k
Jinko mono 325w--105k (2pcs left)
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Poly (long frame) 300w--80
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 8:14am On May 26
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
Wow that's good.
Can it power one AC from evening to morning?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 8:19am On May 26
Yorubafonja:

4 *220 ah battery . Parallel is not a good idea sha,
24 volts or 36 volts is more efficient
Please explain more for the benefit of lay man like me.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Malquisoft(m): 8:30am On May 26
Coolgent:

Please explain more for the benefit of lay man like me.
12v inverter uses more current to achieve same power output as compared to 24v system and above.
More current causes heat and losses, therefore less efficiency.
You spend more in buying mppt, imagine buying a 150 amps mppt.
High current protection for such accessories cost more, so you end up spending more.
Any short circuit incident on DC side na die, Kabooom.

Summary 12v system should be limited to 1000watts load Max.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 8:31am On May 26
matify83:

If I had seen you contribution, I wouldn't have bothered replying him.

To your worry. The truth is that I get a full charge (Float charge) even before 3pm on most days with the number of solar panels I have.

Between 11am and 2pm, my generated wattage is like 900 averagely with current as high as 55 to 59A.

My inverter can get so hot up to 45 degrees that I worry at times.

All these I can pick on the epever screen monitor.

But hey, it has been so for close to 6 years now and I have not burnt anything yet.

I am totally off grid 100%

I envy you o.
I have 6 panels 310 each but the can only generatw maximum of 30amps at peak hours.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 8:41am On May 26
westlius:

Most landlords would not allow u put 10 to 12 solar panels on there roof.
Others will increase there rent 120%
Why?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 8:48am On May 26
oloyemeji:
I have the same setup as exactly like this except mine is just two batteries instead of 4 batteries, I install it last year January but recently the battery does not hold more power so by 11pm it will be down, my installer said i need to add more distilled water to the battery, and I am thinking of adding two more panels to make it 10 and also add two more batteries, what do you advice?

Check batteries water level, what's your load?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 9:07am On May 26
blackjack21:

6 years ago 2 million naira was around 6thousand USD, now 2mill is 1,400 USD

10, million or

Dey play grin grin grin
Early 2020... 10,750 dollars = 3,870,000 naira.
Mid 2024.... 10,750 dollars = 16,125,000
sad
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by blackjack21(m): 9:44am On May 26
Coolgent:

Early 2020... 10,750 dollars = 3,870,000 naira.
Mid 2024.... 10,750 dollars = 16,125,000
sad

That was more than 400% depreciation. When people come on Nairaland celebrating naira appreciation by by less than 0.001% it fill me with so much regret for the ignorant, or deliberately malicious people I have as country men.

2 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 7:05am On May 27
Yampotatocarrot:

Please, I read through to see if this question have been asked, surprisingly, it haven't.

Charging your inverter with PHCN light, won't it consume much units for those using prepaid?
It will!
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 7:09am On May 27
nikaShow:

Oh boy , I can’t remember the name o… but it’s tubular sha , it’s all the ones that they recharge the water. I’ve not had to recharge the water though,

Maybe because it only powers the freezer sha

Edited: I went to snap the battery and saw the name. But I don’t really think a brand matters with this type of tubular batteries sha.

Your battery require water top up.
Check the label pls
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Coolgent(m): 7:15am On May 27
Sammy101111:

Solar will shorten the lifespan of any gadget if you use only solar
Our office router and cctv are connected to solar for the past 2 years uninterrupted without any issue.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 7:32pm On May 30
Coolgent:

Wow that's good.
Can it power one AC from evening to morning?

That wouldn't be possible with my set up but not impossible with a much larger set up.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 7:40am On May 31
FOR SALE

This 12v pure sine wave inverter has the capacity to power 4 freezers @ the same time.

If you are interested in buying it, call or WhatsApp 08035537864

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rap3bnI07g
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 3:26pm On May 31
SaintUlot:
FOR SALE

This 12v pure sine wave inverter has the capacity to power 4 freezers @ the same time.

If you are interested in buying it, call or WhatsApp 08035537864

One Inverter Sold, one left.

Call or WhatsApp me on 08035537864 if you need the last one
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by brightk(m): 12:23am On Jun 01
matify83:

That wouldn't be possible with my set up but not impossible with a much larger set up.

what model of epever controller do u use... the reason i asked is because you are on 12v and the highest 150v epever controller can only make use of 1250w of pv power and that is the 100a version.... i understand you are using 350w x8 pcs which in my own case translates to either 250w or 200w that is if they are tier 1 panels...... i like keeping tins simple....
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 9:44am On Jun 01
FOR SALE

Capacity: 6000w Surge capacity and 2750w Actual capacity

It is a Non-grid tied Inverter. It powers Inductive and non-inductive loads seamlessly.

In the test video below, I used it to power all these appliances @ the same time:

👉 One normal freezer
👉 1hp pumping machine
👉charge spare battery
👉 one 32inch TV with Decoder
👉 2 medium sized fans
👉1 big ox fan

Then I switched off only the pumping machine to plug in the 1200w pressing iron

I have just one left, If you are interested in buying it, call or WhatsApp 08035537864

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oladele239(m): 4:46pm On Jun 01
So this looks like the perfect thread for me

I want to install a 1.5kva inverter system just for household use. I need someone who can basically just give me a quote on what I need to get and I will pay for the service charge only.

Please I need you to give me a quote that has choices when it comes to battery and also the inverter system because these are the two key components...

N.b no solar panels I'd be charging via phcn cus power is relatively ok here

If you can deal send me a message via signature
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by QuinModah(f): 5:35pm On Jun 01
Please can inverter be damaged by mere thunder ⚡ strike
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Compliant(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01
QuinModah:
Please can inverter be damaged by mere thunder ⚡ strike

You call thunder strike mere?

Just last month i lost a 3.5kva via tunder strike

Still looking for where to repair or replace the board here in Abuja

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Plane Crashes Caused By Pilot Error & Some Facts About Flying (Graphic Photos) / What I Saw In The Sky In Ikoyi Today / Huge Python Killed In Ore, Ondo State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.