Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,642 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57286 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:43pm On Feb 18
Yorubafonja:

4 *220 ah battery . Parallel is not a good idea sha,
24 volts or 36 volts is more efficient

A 12V inverter is far cheaper. I am seeing 3KW 12v inverter at less than 60,000 on Jumia.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Thomasankara(m): 12:43pm On Feb 18
[/color] maximum it will be obsolete in 4years[color=#770077]
Geovanni412:

You are still thinking

Whilst you are thinking, ask about the budget and put the money in dollars

Then conclude your investigation and continue

Anyway, if you are in the South East, I can link you up with the guy that installed our own

It is a heavy investment, for 3-bedroom apartment, you may need minimum of 3 million to run it

Duplex, you should be talking close to 10 million.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Crafteck1: 12:45pm On Feb 18
Will go into details soon
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by yom2(m): 12:46pm On Feb 18
matify83:

Hmm!

That would be difficult because I upgraded over time to the present specification I mentioned.

I don't have any idea on the current prices of the items.

60A 150v epever mppt charge controller 6 years ago was 100k

Kartel inverter 3.5kva, 12v 2 years ago was about 200k ( if I remember correctly)

4 Tubular batteries 220A over a year ago at 145k each

10 Canadian solar 350w monocrystalline solar panels (second hand) at 40k each bought 6 years ago.
still not an average man's deal
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:46pm On Feb 18
Yorubafonja:

Most original inverter manufacturers don't produce 3.5kva on 12v because is not efficient,
You can never see sukam or genius 3.5kva in 12 volts, maximum you can see on 12v is around 1kca 1.2kva etc,
Original 3.5 kva comes in 48 volts or thereabouts

You can find 3Kw 12V on Jumia. They are very cheap. Not sure of durability.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ecosafe: 12:47pm On Feb 18
your energy need per time will be a major determining factor, what i mean by that in a simple term is that we do load analysis to list out all your appliances, the wattage consumption per hour and the number of hours you use each of those appliances per day then we at ECOSAFE ENTERPRISE will design a a customized system to power your energy needs sufficiently on a daily basis. However, your initial budget of 2m will either be valid, less or your size could be more capital intensive
Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by twinskenny(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18
Just installed this

2.5kva
2 batteries

Just for few stuffs

For your installations needs

Let’s talk

https://www.nairaland.com/7958411/solar-inverter-installation-thread

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by uvie66: 12:48pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

The installation was done DIY with little touch by my electrician.
please I need advice on how to get off the grid also please
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SonofGod231: 12:48pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

I use a 3.5kva 12v kartel inverter and 4 220AH tubular batteries I connected in parallel to make 880AH.

I power virtually every thing in the house including an lg inverter AC for most of the afternoons , an lg inverter fridge/freezer and a bona solar chest freezer.

I've been fully off grid for going to 6 years by May and I don't have any regrets at all.

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ecosafe: 12:49pm On Feb 18
beware
drlateef:

A 12V inverter is far cheaper. I am seeing 3KW 12v inverter at less than 60,000 on Jumia.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by AuwalYusuf812(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18
Kills electronic quickly

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:50pm On Feb 18
GerogeI:

This your claim get as I be.
Most times a 300 watt rated panel will give you 50 to 100w effective power. So your 10 panels will give you 500W to 1Kw instant power. That's 1 pass my neighbour generator at best. More often your effective power is about 700W. AC is at least 1 hp, solar chest freezer is 100w, inverter fridge is 200w. Plus lighting ,TV, fan etc. There is no way 10 solar panels can power everything in your house. You are either supplementing from grid or running your home appliances one at a time.

Do not give peeps false expectation. Your effective power will be 10 to 20% of your installed capacity.

What if he is generating from the power in stored batteries? The batteries have 10kw of stored energy. The power of his inverter is my own concern. A 3.5kva is about 3kw. How can that power all the appliances at once?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Ecosafe: 12:51pm On Feb 18
THE BEST DECISION FOR ANY NIGERIAN WHO INTENDS TO STILL BE HERE FOR THE NEXT FEW MONTHS OR YEARS
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Considering the hike in Fuel and Nepa bill coupled with epileptic power supply in Naija. Now, guys using Solar energy instead of Nepa or Gen. How do you guys do it? What type do you use? How do you manage it? I'm thinking of using solar but i would like you to share your experience.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oloyemeji: 12:51pm On Feb 18
matify83:

Hmm!

That would be difficult because I upgraded over time to the present specification I mentioned.

I don't have any idea on the current prices of the items.

60A 150v epever mppt charge controller 6 years ago was 100k

Kartel inverter 3.5kva, 12v 2 years ago was about 200k ( if I remember correctly)

4 Tubular batteries 220A over a year ago at 145k each

10 Canadian solar 350w monocrystalline solar panels (second hand) at 40k each bought 6 years ago.
I have the same setup as exactly like this except mine is just two batteries instead of 4 batteries, I install it last year January but recently the battery does not hold more power so by 11pm it will be down, my installer said i need to add more distilled water to the battery, and I am thinking of adding two more panels to make it 10 and also add two more batteries, what do you advice?

4 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:52pm On Feb 18
matify83:

I may not be an expert in the field of renewable energy and will not suddenly claim one.

I think you assertion of basing my utilizable energy on my input set-up is flawed. You didn't consider my stored energy pool in arriving at your hypothesis.

I pass my neighbour generator can never power a Phillips 1000w pressing iron but my array can conveniently carry it even when every other home appliance is running.

Experts in the field should help out in this matter.

I just answered him up there.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Tplanet: 12:52pm On Feb 18
Lithium battery is more durable than tubular battery. Its cells are renewable unlike the tubular battery.

I work with BEEBEEJUMP SOLAR Int. in Lagos.
With 3.5m you will get a complete 5kva system for your apartment.

Office address 75b, Ogununsi Road Ojodu Berger, Lagos.

Contact me on: 08155473662

Dyfynezz12:

But Boss can 2m get me this in this current economy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by petroclaus(m): 12:52pm On Feb 18
Make Everybody go get him inverter and Solar Energy Needs NOW, the thing dey cost everyday.

Whatever your Energy needs and Power Consumption we provide
All Inverters, Solar Panels, CCTV Cameras, Electric Fencing, Solar Borehole and others.
No dey wait for NEPA
The Longer you wait the Higher the Prices dey go.

WhatsApp Only

1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:53pm On Feb 18
AuwalYusuf812:
Kills electronic quickly

Use stabilisers.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by GoodGovernance: 12:54pm On Feb 18
matify83:
It's splendid!

?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lwisee: 12:55pm On Feb 18
I've been completely off grid since December last year and I have no regret. 24hrs light from my Solar system , I only need my generator to pump water.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by udemzyudex(m): 12:55pm On Feb 18
elipheleh:

If it is DIY, then 2m can do it.
- Budget about 1.5m for LifeP04 battery + charging unit combo. This kind of product is a combination of the best battery lithium iron phosphate iv battery & the charge controller + inverter
- use about 500k to purchase panels.

Then do the connection yourself. No need to call any electrician.
Everything is like plug and play

Lol.. Everything is not plug and play ooo.

4 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by drlateef: 12:56pm On Feb 18
yom2:

But most average men buy generators of 400k to be powered by 1 millar petrol throughout the year, with all the dangers involved etc.

5 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by swagifted(m): 12:56pm On Feb 18
you de encourage me aje, my dream is to dedicate 500sqm of land to minimum of 50kW array...POWER my house and charge my electric car.
matify83:

If I had seen you contribution, I wouldn't have bothered replying him.

To your worry. The truth is that I get a full charge (Float charge) even before 3pm on most days with the number of solar panels I have.

Between 11am and 2pm, my generated wattage is like 900 averagely with current as high as 55 to 59A.

My inverter can get so hot up to 45 degrees that I worry at times.

All these I can pick on the epever screen monitor.

But hey, it has been so for close to 6 years now and I have not burnt anything yet.

I am totally off grid 100%

6 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by AuwalYusuf812(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18
drlateef:

Use stabilisers.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 12:57pm On Feb 18
yom2:

You can start little by buying the items one after the other.

I started with the panels first. Initially bought 6 then made it up to 10.

Next, I bought the charge controller.

I started off with a Safe power 24v 1.5kva inverter and have since upgraded twice more.

Batteries came in last after wiring.

Taking the project in one fell swoop may be a bank buster even for me.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Focusmind: 12:57pm On Feb 18
My best decision ever!!!!!

Thank God I did it when I did, which was 9 years ago. I received a quarterly performance bonus from my company and thinking what to do with the money. My wife also had my son then, with constant putting on and off of genset, which was stressful. Till today, the Inverter and now solar have been doing a good job, delivering clean energy. I started with only Inverter then before I upgraded with addition of solar panels in 2021. Now that we hardly see light with constant heat, coupled with the fact that I work 95% of the time at home, the solar is a welcomed relief. Nigeria can make one go mad because of inadequate infrastructure.

21 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lwisee: 12:58pm On Feb 18
elipheleh:

If it is DIY, then 2m can do it.
- Budget about 1.5m for LifeP04 battery + charging unit combo. This kind of product is a combination of the best battery lithium iron phosphate iv battery & the charge controller + inverter
- use about 500k to purchase panels.

Then do the connection yourself. No need to call any electrician.
Everything is like plug and play

If you make mistake you will destroy the whole system.

5 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Tombrown3(m): 1:01pm On Feb 18
Pedrocross4568:

I wonder at your question.

Living in a rented apartment shouldn't be an issue with you having a solar system.

Why do so many people keep having this wrong assumption that, you can't have solar system while living in a rented house?

Bro, I use to wonder too, until I spent 670k 2 months ago installing one in my rented apartment just for my work, only to get a quit notice by the new landlord stating that the old landlord has sold the house.

I'm psychologically drained, having to dismount and remount, uninstall and install this things again in a new apartment.

It's draining!

So I totally understand when they ask these questions.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by matify83: 1:05pm On Feb 18
GoodGovernance:

?

Also pay attention to context and read for comprehension.

Can an inverter take you off grid completely?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by jhubril(m): 1:08pm On Feb 18
I'm here sitting down in the hallway of my spacious apartment viewing this topic. For a while now I have been living off-grid and I can tell you that I have never regretted becoming my own PHCN. This country's economy is in a free fall. Going solar is a decision I have never regretted. Thank God 'Nigeria is not passing through me'.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Success957: 1:08pm On Feb 18
I'm really enjoying my bee bee jump solar
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by safarifarms(m): 1:10pm On Feb 18
What about mounting profile?
franchasofficia:
no.

3.5kva inverter today is 350,000 to 380k

80amps Charge controller around 150k

100amps changeover - 7,000

4 220ah Luminous tubular batteries - 340,000 x 4

10 350w used Canada mono solar panel - 75,000 x 10

Circuit breaker - 70,000

Cables - 100,000 - 150,000

Battery rack - 20,000

Installation labor - 60,000

Sum it up

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.