Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. - Science/Technology (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. (57297 Views)

Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic) / Free Energy Charger System No Need For Nepa Or Solar / Using Solar Panel As Ups Main Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 8:38am On Feb 23
Thankz so much
lwisee:

If you want to use it to pump water just go for solar pump. You can also by a soft starter or VFD to reduce the starting current of your pump motor.
If you want to use it with AC, make sure is the inverter AC.

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 8:40am On Feb 23
Is hybrid inverter different from normal inverters?
lwisee:

If you don't have your own house, just buy hybrid inverter and batteries. You can charge the ba3s with public power supply pending the time you move to your house.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Jicqueville: 9:41am On Feb 23
Sammy101111:

Solar energy

I used in charging my iPhone damaged my phone battery 2 times before I discovered it was the solar charging always . Bro I no they talk waything I no no na solar charging spoil my phone battery simple
There are two types of inverter
Modified sine wave and pure sine wave.... modified ones can damage your alliances but not pure sine wave.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Justinlean02(m): 4:36pm On Feb 23
toyinpin:
How does it work? Please share your contact details.

WhatsApp 08184117408
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lwisee: 6:41pm On Feb 23
Love800:
Is hybrid inverter different from normal inverters?

A Hybrid inverter uses 2 sources of power to charge the batteries.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Success957: 8:08pm On Feb 23
rukyboy:

How long have you been using their product

Four years
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 8:46pm On Feb 23
What are the two sources?
lwisee:

A Hybrid inverter uses 2 sources of power to charge the batteries.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by anu3: 9:34pm On Feb 23
Love800:
Tanks so much

Thank God
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by OgaTheTop2: 10:02pm On Feb 23
occfx:

I suggest inverter first, then battery, then solar.
Exactly. Especially hybrid inverter..
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by OgaTheTop2: 10:13pm On Feb 23
Love800:
Grid and Solar... Even generator.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lwisee: 8:30am On Feb 24
Love800:

Public power (PHCN) /Generator and Solar panels
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 1:36pm On Feb 24
Okay.
So i bet dat most people are using hybrid because most houses uses solar power and still charge their batteries with nepa. Am i right?
OgaTheTop2:
Grid and Solar... Even generator.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 2:22pm On Feb 24
Okay.
I think dis is the most common used inverters in households. Am i correct?
Because most inverters i hear about, uses nepa and solar panels to charge battries.
So in earnest you are saying i should leave the solar panel for now and get the inverter and batteries first, right?
lwisee:

Public power (PHCN) /Generator and Solar panels
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by OgaTheTop2: 7:07pm On Feb 24
Love800:
Okay.
So i bet dat most people are using hybrid because most houses uses solar power and still charge their batteries with nepa. Am i right?
Yeah, personally I use hybrid.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 7:58pm On Feb 24
Tanks so much.
But is there another type of inverter apart from hybrid?
OgaTheTop2:
Yeah, personally I use hybrid.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Nahum777(m): 9:50pm On Feb 24
jerobua:
I have read through everyone's response to your question, And I am not going to counter anyone's advise given to you.
I have been using Solar electricity for several years and I am still using it now and I also did some installation back then before I stopped.
There are facts about Solar electricity you need to know before you venture into it.its left for you to make your choice
What I am about to tell now, no solar electricity engineer would tell you
Firstly, you can't replace THE MAIN GRID with Solar electricity, solar is there for back up.
It's better you do a household solar system, probably a 2.0kva,24V Inverter 1000watts solar panel, 2 TUBULAR BATTERIES system to carry resistive loads of TV, DSTV,one or two fans DURING THE DAY WHEN THERE IS SUNLIGHT and when it's evening, use it for LIGHTING OF BULBS ONLY.
Use your remaining money to buy a standard generator that can power your AC, FREEZER and other inductive loads.
Do not buy china made, buy ORIGINAL INDIAN PRODUCT that will last you, get the once that has SERVICE CENTRE In case of repairs of minor faults
Install a battery balancer on your 24V battery system
Make sure you do EARTHING on your solar system to prevent LIGHTNING damage during rainfall
I wish someone told me all these facts when I first ventured into solar electricity, I wasted a lot of money before I finally got it right
Don't waste your money trying to build solar system that will carry PUMPING MACHINE ,AC,FREEZERS, ITS VERY EXPENSIVE TO BUILD NOW. TRUTH BE TOLD it will work after installation but not sustainable, because these appliances draw lots of current from the batteries, even if you buy 10 batteries at once, it's a matter of time, the moment one of the battery develops a fault( thermal fault, shorted cell, open cell) it will start to affect others.
And lastly, during rainfall, solar electricity is not always effective, you will have to rely more on your battery backup, at this time try to reduce your resistive loads.
I hope you find this helpful.....JSolar, jerryighodalo@gmail.com.

Investing in lithium iron phosphate batteries is your best bet. High upfront cost, but it's cheaper than Acid batteries down the line. The Chinese make products according to your spec. If you want high quality you will have to pay higher. The so called Indian products are either imported from China or components used were sourced from China. China is winning as far as solar is concerned. Even in the US, we use Chinese products for solar.

48 volts systems are usually better and cheaper. If you have the budget, go for it. Get yourself a 48v growatt hybrid inverter. This will give you a chance to expand in
the future. You can parrallel the inverter and increase capacity easily.

Might be expensive, but if you want to get into solar big time, you will have to go for new technology that will last you for years. If you don't have the budget, then you can go for smaller systems. But I tell you, in the long run, spending upfront will save you money.

Lastly, I agree with your earthing take. I've seen in this forum where people talk about using salt / charcoal with copper to earth your solar panels etc. These things aren't necessary, if you put a Galvanized Steel Rod 8 ft in the ground, that's enough for conductivity.

3 Likes

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Nahum777(m): 9:55pm On Feb 24
Love800:
Okay.
Because most inverters i hear about, uses nepa and solar panels to charge battries.
So in earnest you are saying i should leave the solar panel for now and get the inverter and batteries first, right?
With a hybrid inverter you don't need Solar to charge the batteries.

You can charge with:
AC - Grid / Generator.
DC - Solar.

So if you don't have solar panels, it doesn't matter. You can buy the hybrid inverter and batteries. Purchase solar later when you have the funds. Also understand that inverters have Minimum and Maximum Solar Input. Some inverters need certain voltage coming in from solar to work. The same for AC as well, but as long as you are putting in 220 volts AC ( for 220v single phase inverters ) you are good.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Love800(m): 5:48am On Feb 25
Ok. Tankz so much.
What are the other types of inverters apart from hybrid?
Nahum777:
With a hybrid inverter you don't need Solar to charge the batteries.

You can charge with:
AC - Grid / Generator.
DC - Solar.

So if you don't have solar panels, it doesn't matter. You can buy the hybrid inverter and batteries. Purchase solar later when you have the funds. Also understand that inverters have Minimum and Maximum Solar Input. Some inverters need certain voltage coming in from solar to work. The same for AC as well, but as long as you are putting in 220 volts AC ( for 220v single phase inverters ) you are good.
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by lwisee: 8:39pm On Feb 25
Love800:
Okay.
👍
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 1:18pm On Mar 09
For Sale @ Giveaway prices

👉 Mppt charge controller 100A 12v/24v/48v

👉 Transformerless Pure sine wave Inverter(It
powers fridge and freezers effortlessly
Surge capacity - 9500w
Actual capacity - 2700w

👉 DC Digital Meter - 200A with shunt
It can be used to measure Dc input and output current, Volt, Watt and Watt hour

It can also be used to check if the advertised Ah and Wh of a newly purchased battery is what you actually get.

And you can also use it to measure the amount of Ah and Wh that is left in your used battery.

Call or WhatsApp- 08035537864 if you are interested in any of the above

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by Gentledizzle: 2:05pm On Mar 09
SaintUlot:

Surge capacity - 9500w
Actual capacity - 2700w

It can also be used to check if the advertised Ah and Wh of a newly purchased battery is what you actually get.

And you can also use it to measure the amount of Ah and Wh that is left in your used battery.

How much for all..
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by dacool1(m): 3:17pm On Mar 09
SaintUlot:

Surge capacity - 9500w
Actual capacity - 2700w

State the individual item's price
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oyetpel(m): 3:28am On Mar 11
BRIGHTSOLAR:
Contact

Bright Energy

How much is the Bronze solar package?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oyetpel(m): 4:21am On Mar 11
jerobua:
I have read through everyone's response to your question, And I am not going to counter anyone's advise given to you.
I have been using Solar electricity for several years and I am still using it now and I also did some installation back then before I stopped.
There are facts about Solar electricity you need to know before you venture into it.its left for you to make your choice
What I am about to tell now, no solar electricity engineer would tell you
Firstly, you can't replace THE MAIN GRID with Solar electricity, solar is there for back up.
It's better you do a household solar system, probably a 2.0kva,24V Inverter 1000watts solar panel, 2 TUBULAR BATTERIES system to carry resistive loads of TV, DSTV,one or two fans DURING THE DAY WHEN THERE IS SUNLIGHT and when it's evening, use it for LIGHTING OF BULBS ONLY.
Use your remaining money to buy a standard generator that can power your AC, FREEZER and other inductive loads.
Do not buy china made, buy ORIGINAL INDIAN PRODUCT that will last you, get the once that has SERVICE CENTRE In case of repairs of minor faults
Install a battery balancer on your 24V battery system
Make sure you do EARTHING on your solar system to prevent LIGHTNING damage during rainfall
I wish someone told me all these facts when I first ventured into solar electricity, I wasted a lot of money before I finally got it right
Don't waste your money trying to build solar system that will carry PUMPING MACHINE ,AC,FREEZERS, ITS VERY EXPENSIVE TO BUILD NOW. TRUTH BE TOLD it will work after installation but not sustainable, because these appliances draw lots of current from the batteries, even if you buy 10 batteries at once, it's a matter of time, the moment one of the battery develops a fault( thermal fault, shorted cell, open cell) it will start to affect others.
And lastly, during rainfall, solar electricity is not always effective, you will have to rely more on your battery backup, at this time try to reduce your resistive loads.
I hope you find this helpful.....JSolar, jerryighodalo@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Best contribution

1 Like

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 11:48am On Mar 11

It can also be used to check if the advertised Ah and Wh of a newly purchased battery is what you actually get.so that you won't get ripped off

Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 8:05am On Mar 13

It can also be used to check if the advertised Ah and Wh of a newly purchased battery is what you actually get.so that you won't get ripped off
Confirm by yourself if what you buy is not 100ah labelled as 200ah

Pictures here: -
https://www.nairaland.com/8028084/100a-mppt-solar-charge-controller
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 8:08am On Mar 13

Confirm by yourself if what you buy is not 100ah labelled as 200ah

Pictures here -
https://www.nairaland.com/8028084/100a-mppt-solar-charge-controller
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 3:50pm On Mar 16
For Sale

👉 DC Multi-function Digital Meter - 200A with inbuilt shunt
It can be used to measure Dc input and output current, Volt, Watt and Watt hour of battery and Solar panels

Confirm by yourself if what you buy is not 100ah Battery labelled as 200ah

Price - 25k

Call or WhatsApp- 08035537864 if you are interested in it

Check the pictures here:
https://www.nairaland.com/8028056/multi-function-digital-dc-meter-battery#128957963
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by SaintUlot: 10:21am On Mar 18
For Sale

👉 DC Multi-function Digital Meter - 200A with inbuilt shunt
It can be used to measure Dc input and output current, Volt, Watt and Watt hour of battery and Solar panels

Confirm by yourself if what you buy is not 100ah Battery labelled as 200ah

Price - 25k only

Call or WhatsApp- 08035537864 if you are interested in it

Check the pictures here:
https://www.nairaland.com/8028056/multi-function-digital-dc-meter-battery#128957963
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oyetpel(m): 4:06pm On Mar 19
Please house, how true are these prices?

2 PCs of 430 watt at (150k) = 300k
2 batteries of 200ah at (360k) = 720k
35 meters wire of 4 mm at (3300) = 115,500
inverter = 125k
Transportation = 20k
Installment = 60k
Total = 1,340,500

Please help me sirs
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oyetpel(m): 4:16pm On Mar 21
Please I need help, I beg all experienced people here.
Please.

Can 1 kva inverter with 1 battery 200ah, and 2 Pcs of 430 watt solar panel carry TV, decoder, laptop, 2 fans, phones and bulbs?
Re: Guys Using Solar Energy Instead Of Nepa Or Gen. by oyetpel(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21
2 PCs of 430 watt at (150k) = 300k
2 batteries of 200ah at (360k) = 720k
35 meters wire of 4 mm at (3300) = 115,500
inverter = 125k
Transportation = 20k
Installment = 60k
Total = 1,340,500

This is the quote I was given, but I intend on removing one battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Mistook This Deadly Viper For A Python, Nearly Killed / Rare Mutant Two-Headed Rattlesnake Found In Arizona, US (Photos) / Meet The Southern Titan! Huge Dinosaur The Same Length As Basketball Court (Pix)

Viewing this topic: hooryo(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.