Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba (35331 Views)

Ladipo Market Remains Closed – Lagos Govt Clarifies / Lagos Begins Process To Relocate Computer Village From Ikeja / A Man Singlehandedly Turned His Village To City In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Ibrahimcoomasie: 7:55pm On Feb 17
DlegendofGarden:
Relocating computer Village is like killing tech business in Nigeria.
Gov shld think twice before enacting such law
How. How big is the whole of Lagos itself.
Tech is not solely buying and selling of laptop and phones. The biggest tech companies in Lagos (research, software development, networking, online merchant, payment platforms, start ups e.t.c) are not even anywhere near the computer village.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Nayturalistic: 7:56pm On Feb 17
makaveli902:

OP, it is Lagos not Legos, and Gotankowa not Kotangora.

It is actually KATANGOWA ..

That is where I live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sctests: 7:57pm On Feb 17
Focusmind:

Be wise on what, exactly? Invest in home? I don't know why people keep making this kind of statement. A business man will always chase his customers, wherever he resides. Most of you are fond of saying, " come home and invest ". As if the so called home is even business friendly, with all the greed, envy, family issues and ease of doing business. Please allow Igbos in Lagos to expand their businesses in peace in Lagos or else where in Nigeria if they want. My cousins are in the east, running their businesses and I hear lots of challenges, issues and harassment they face there.

Where are you from?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Forkthiefnubu: 7:57pm On Feb 17
As usual never allow your slaves to rest , keep them moving all the time , the Igbos shud resist Nigeria
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by SirLakes: 7:58pm On Feb 17
Godfullsam:
Sanwo olu hate we igbos 2 much grin.

He is envious of our progress grin

He should not push us to the wall because if we decide to move our businesses out of Lagos, eko will become the shadow of itself grin.

Modified

Many people here don't even know when a comment is sarcastic grin

You will collect sarcastic insults.... no worry grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by MrSprinter: 7:59pm On Feb 17
It is very clear that you do not know your way around lagos.
Jokerman:

I'm talking of transport and ease of accessibility.

Just imagine I get to Ikeja, will enter bus to Ọgba, then take bus to Abule Egba??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by bionixs: 8:00pm On Feb 17
thesicilian:

Doesn't really matter, in my opinion.
There are no special equipment or facilities at Ikeja that makes it "computer village"
Computer village is the people, not the place.

As long as government is sincere in their plans to provide another adequate location for them no problem
when the inhabitants of toll gate speak , we know.

Selfishness no go ki Nigerians
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by do4luv14(m): 8:00pm On Feb 17
yamunla:

Time saving tactics ??

As in you will get to Ikeja, enter ogba bus and then board abule egba bus ??

Lol

When same road connects ikeja along down to abule egba.

Old abeokuta way...

And your analysis up there is confusing.

From oshodi to ogba is a diff ball game..

Maybe you don't live in mainstream lagos sha

How confusing,

and pls where is mainstream Lagos

If I don't know better I did say Ajegunle is the mainstream Lagos, asin it's centre to Lagos
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:01pm On Feb 17
NapoleonHill:

Which kind Waka be this? Why you go go Ogba when there's straight bus to Abule Egba.

Well, for me, they are trying to relocate people by the road and not shop owners in the market itself.
He doesn't live in Lagos. He is likely one of those victim mentality noisemakers.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sctests: 8:04pm On Feb 17
Newbielearner:

Na only Igbos dey sell for computer village?

Let's stop tribalism and build Nigeria biko.

Na you and who dey build Nigeria. You buy cement keep for the building of Nigeria?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by KillahPriest: 8:05pm On Feb 17
thesicilian:

Doesn't really matter, in my opinion.
There are no special equipment or facilities at Ikeja that makes it "computer village"
Computer village is the people, not the place.

As long as government is sincere in their plans to provide another adequate location for them no problem
no be una again ? Shior cool
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Christlike01: 8:06pm On Feb 17
Justiceleague1:
If you see what mallams have turned that katangowa into sha!!!!!
Now they want the Igbos to clean up and develop that filthy place

Chukwudi,go and develop your village first ! What's even the problem with all these empty braggarts from that tiny erosion ravaged land of primitive hinterland bushmen?! Where exactly did your fada develop in Lagos,mofo ?! They want igbos to clean up blah,blah blah, like you developed the jungle you all came from,right ?! We will move you into the middle of the Lagoon if we have to ! If you can't cope with it,you should know the road that leads to your village,werey !

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by bionixs: 8:06pm On Feb 17
Jayhome24:
Lagos not Legos pls.

Soon my kinsmen will be here to call it attack on them but Soludo in Onitsha shutting down businessss is a friendly proposal but moving market to another place in Lagos is an attack on them.

I'm here waiting for them

you have no business in Lagos , hence no tax , you are not from Lagos State. In what capacity are you making noise here ?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:09pm On Feb 17
OkoAmarashy:

So, relocating Computer Village will kill Piggyvest, Flutterwave, Moniepoint, Kuda, Opay, Konga, Paystack, Interswitch, NIBSS, Glovo, Chowdeck?

The problem with you illiterate traders is that you think the economy begins and ends in your 2by2 shops.
And those are the real IT cooperations i.e. the Silicon valley's of Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by JuanDeDios: 8:10pm On Feb 17
yamunla:

Why do u need to enter ogba bus again when their is abule egba bus in ikeja?

As in wetin you dey find go ogba
Where you see Abule Egba bus for Ikeja? Ehn?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by talk2hb1(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17
Let History remember that this is how they killed our beloved computer village.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Myself2(m): 8:11pm On Feb 17
I hope this has nothing to do with the purported targeting of Igbo-owned businesses as a punishme t for supporting Peter Obi to demystify and defeat Tinubu in lagos during the presidential.elections.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Godfullsam(m): 8:12pm On Feb 17
SirLakes:

You will collect sarcastic insults.... no worry grin

I was speaking the minds of my blodas from da oza side grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Ibrahimcoomasie: 8:13pm On Feb 17
Myself2:
I hope this has nothing to do with the purported targeting of Igbo-owned businesses as a punishme t for supporting Peter Obi to demystify and defeat Tinubu in lagos during the presidential.elections.
So when Soludo was locking up shops owned by Igbo and demolishing building, was he targeting ibos too because they did not vote for APGA?

Ps: ibos are not the only traders in computer village. The people I know that personally sell computers and networking equipment at Otigba are Yorubas. The buildings are owned by Yoruba landlords.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by poweredcom(m): 8:14pm On Feb 17
OkoAmarashy:

Computer Village is owned by Yorubas, not Igbos. Iyaloja, Association are all Yorubas. No single street is named after Igbos there.
Nothing concern Igbos in this matter.

We know but majority of big businesses are owned by igbos , you cant tell me noting
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Jokerman(m): 8:15pm On Feb 17
MrSprinter:
It is very clear that you do not know your way around lagos.

I didn't get the terrain well... I had forgetten that at Undebridge along Ọbá Akran, one will get Abule Egba straight...😬

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:16pm On Feb 17
Jokerman:

Just imagine I get to Ikeja, will enter bus to Ọgba, then take bus to Abule Egba??

You don't need to take Ogba from Ikeja before going to Abule Egba.
Abule Egba is straight road from Ikeja.

Cheap Estates at hottest investment Zone in Ibeju-Lekki axis of Lagos Island.

Price per plot size ranges from N22million to N35million per currently

- Lekki Aviation Town
- Arizon Estate
- IDERA Treasure Estate
- June 15 Estate
- Maldives Garden

What did they have in common? C of o.

For more information, enquiry and payment details. Call/Whatsapp the attached phone number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-y6ONkHpxY?si=4GjUoFX4haTx4o6p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by yamunla(m): 8:17pm On Feb 17
JuanDeDios:

Where you see Abule Egba bus for Ikeja? Ehn?

There is abule egba bus at medical Road ikeja and ikeja along.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Katcall: 8:19pm On Feb 17
udemzyudex:
Lol.. Na since fashola time I Don dey here this one and guess what, people still dey build new plaza. grin
you don fùck ikeja gal b4
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by coolcare(m): 8:22pm On Feb 17
You are right, it can not work. That market was built naturally
Jokerman:

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Jayhome24: 8:23pm On Feb 17
bionixs:
you have no business in Lagos , hence no tax , you are not from Lagos State. In what capacity are you making noise here ?

Do you even understand my post at all? I guess No..

Go back and read it again and again.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by flyinnizam(m): 8:26pm On Feb 17
Jokerman:

u can get keke from ikeja bus stop to abule egba or bus from ikeja along to abule egba but still too far
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Christlike01: 8:44pm On Feb 17
brainhgeek:
It is Lagos and not Legos

Have you ever been to the East before ? I guess not,and that's why "Legos" is new to you ! It is Igbo people normal way of pronouncing Lagos,especially those who are still living in their villages. Depending on the state you visit in the East,it is either "Legos" or "Ragos" !

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by sulaak(m): 8:55pm On Feb 17
Justiceleague1:
If you see what mallams have turned that katangowa into sha!!!!!
Now they want the Igbos to clean up and develop that filthy place

Computer Village is a shithole, so the Igbo trader will be in good company in katangowa

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by latiephwald(m): 8:57pm On Feb 17
I don't just understand why Igbo small boys feels Lagos states decentralised hatred on them. How many Igbos are there in computer village? Do you think the plan to relocate computer village was based on last general election? No! The new computer village structures was completed even before general election. So stop been tribalistic.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by OkoAmarashy: 9:00pm On Feb 17
poweredcom:

We know but majority of big businesses are owned by igbos , you cant tell me noting

The biggest business in Computer Village is owned by a Yoruba man called Tayo Amusan. Google the name and see what he owns.

So, stick to your petty trading and leave business for those with the IQ to handle it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Nchenches: 9:01pm On Feb 17
Jokerman:
Lol...

Who wan go from VI to Abule Egba to repair or buy phone...

Govt sometimes though...

No be Economy of Lagos State de shrink?
Wetin concern centre rank and open order?
At one point, when a computer in Lagos needs repair, the owner has to send it to the SE for repair, after the repair, it's returned by courier service.
Since the demolition by Lagos State govt started, the number of computer villages under construction in many states of the SE has been in multiples.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UBA Security Collects Bribe At The ATM From Customer, Fight Ensues (Video) / New Naira Note Scarcity Is False; I Withdrew Mine Yesterday / Free Accurate Forex Signals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.