Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,275 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba (35318 Views)

Ladipo Market Remains Closed – Lagos Govt Clarifies / Lagos Begins Process To Relocate Computer Village From Ikeja / A Man Singlehandedly Turned His Village To City In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by davidadenrele: 11:26pm On Feb 17
thesicilian:

Doesn't really matter, in my opinion.
There are no special equipment or facilities at Ikeja that makes it "computer village"
Computer village is the people, not the place.

As long as government is sincere in their plans to provide another adequate location for them no problem

Adequate plans wey no make sense any responsible government will first consider the conveniences of their citizens before making such huge relocations plans afterall computer village is an ICT center that generates alot of revenue to government purse and am sure the revenue was not generated by ghost but working humans playing their civic responsibilities by seling ICT product and services make money and pay taxes to government purse and the next thing is shove a new relocation down their throat all be because you feel you don't have a enough access to monitor how they make huge revenue months after months.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by PHAYOL81: 11:53pm On Feb 17
This plan had always been on the card since the FASHOLA administration but himself and the successive government had been unable to follow through. I hope the current government will follow through though, but they must've provided all infrastructures stipulated in the design for the new location before they move them so as not to develop a cluster the government and the traders would not be proud of. One thing should not be mistaken though, the urban plan and regeneration plan for the entirety of IKEJA of which COMPUTER VILLAGE is a part must be prioritized above all other things.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by jomarick(m): 12:16am On Feb 18
So what happens to those that bought shops for millions for naira.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by BentizilL0: 1:46am On Feb 18
bionixs:
you have no business in Lagos , hence no tax , you are not from Lagos State. In what capacity are you making noise here ?
He's a Yoruba, you don't tell someone he's making noise on his ethnic land.. What's the problem with you lots?..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Konquest: 2:37am On Feb 18
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Ishilove: 2:44am On Feb 18
Are they still on about this relocation? It's been years and they are still going round in the same circle
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Konquest: 2:51am On Feb 18
Ibrahimcoomasie:

So when Soludo was locking up shops owned by Igbo and demolishing building, was he targeting ibos too because they did not vote for APGA?

Ps: ibos are not the only traders in computer village. The people I know that personally sell computers and networking equipment at Otigba are Yorubas. The buildings are owned by Yoruba landlords.
Computer Village was actually started by the Yoruba folks in the 1990s. Some younger NL posters here don't even know this. There are many Yoruba and some Edo folks in addition to Ibos in that place with businesses as well.

Infact the biggest distributor of computers and computer accessories in Computer Village is a Yoruba multimillionaire dude by the name of Michael Akinwale.

Young folks and insular ethnic bigots who don't know the history of that Computer Village falsely allude claims of Ibo domination in that area.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Originalsly: 2:52am On Feb 18
Jokerman:

I'm talking of transport and ease of accessibility.

Just imagine I get to Ikeja, will enter bus to Ọgba, then take bus to Abule Egba??

Hmmm ..... this will make no sense .... spending that much time and money traveling.... to fix a cheap phone.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Chicagograduate(m): 4:03am On Feb 18
VanuatuWycombe:

You are the only one that is up-to-date on this.
In 1999 when I bought my first sets of PCs and printers etc, they told me they were relocating to Katangowa but nothing happened.
Later on, we heard they were thinking of Kara market side along Lagos-Ibadan expressway but nothing still happened.
Whichever area they are moved to, people would still patronize the shop owners.

When the Arena was built at Oshodi, lots of people were saying the shops won’t be taken. Go there today and see what’s happening.

Computer Villages needs a new ground for people to expand. I hope they build the new market well up to international standards and let some section of it be at least like Ikeja City Mall with good packing space and exotic shops with variety of options.
Katanguwa is not as big as computer village.I don't know if the state government want to also turn the dustbin sight into a market as well because that place is big.
Each government that comes in,from Tinubu, Fashola,ambode and now sanwolu said the same thing.The market leaders would mobilised to alausa and bribe them Nobody will hear any news again
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by bionixs: 5:02am On Feb 18
BentizilL0:

He's a Yoruba, you don't tell someone he's making noise on his ethnic land.. What's the problem with you lots?..
which one be ethnic land again?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by djseanjohn77: 5:43am On Feb 18
Xox1945:
Igbos be wise una no want get sense

Igbos that are not up to 2M in Lagos grin grin grin As if they are the only people doing the business of phone and gadgets grin They only proliferate it.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Inosky(m): 6:02am On Feb 18
I know his and his drum-beater's intentions are to keep Igbos out of business in Lagos but he will fail in his ev!l intentions against the Igbos in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by colossus91(m): 6:06am On Feb 18
IamGreen1:

That's you, some people will be closer to the new place.
How many people in abule egba now can bring the influx the Ikeja location can ? See sometimes it's not about the govt policies it about convenience, do you think anyone will want to go from mainland to abule egba? See bro I was born in Lagos and I have been to abule egba just once and that was even last month cos of a wedding and I am over 30. It's important govt makes sensible and realistic policies l,govt is meant to be people oriented not anti-people. Bro atleast even if the policy does not favour all,it should favour most!
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by georgeakins: 6:19am On Feb 18
Justiceleague1:
If you see what mallams have turned that katangowa into sha!!!!!
Now they want the Igbos to clean up and develop that filthy place

Go and clean up Aba and Onitsha.
They are the dirtiest towns in Nigeria
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by VanuatuWycombe: 6:55am On Feb 18
Chicagograduate:
Katanguwa is not as big as computer village.I don't know if the state government want to also turn the dustbin sight into a market as well because that place is big.
Each government that comes in,from Tinubu, Fashola,ambode and now sanwolu said the same thing.The market leaders would mobilised to alausa and bribe them Nobody will hear any news again

It’s the dustbin site. Not where people currently sell. The dustbin site is big.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by ejieddy: 7:02am On Feb 18
Is it the Katangua that's close to the refuse dump? How do you want to deal with that? The stench will be unbearable for a market
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by georgeakins: 7:15am On Feb 18
Justiceleague1:
The new Abule Egba bridge didn't open Abule Egba at alllll...now they need the Igbos to open the village for the villagers

Go and open up your backward and deserted region

Charity begins at home
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by olaoyeisrael8: 7:47am On Feb 18
Hmn hmm! What are their thoughts? AhahHmn hmm! What are their thoughts? Ahah...
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by ukaface(f): 8:03am On Feb 18
Jokerman:

I'm talking of transport and ease of accessibility.

Just imagine I get to Ikeja, will enter bus to Ọgba, then take bus to Abule Egba??
that’s a long unnecessary distance o
You can actually take to iyana ipaja, then iyana ipaja to super or kantagwa market.🤣😂🤣

I did take from ademola Adetokunbo to Iyana ipaja, then KT market.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by ukaface(f): 8:08am On Feb 18
They should just leave computer village where it is -Ikeja

If they need another computer village at abule egba , then that won’t be bad. This govt just wan frustrate everybody
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Rejoice28(f): 8:52am On Feb 18
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:19pm On Feb 18
nairalandkachy1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo741K2XFbI?si=SsxgTODkP3Yl5LFu

TVC News

That's good.

Their useless activities made my uncle lease his house on Ayo Ayeni Street.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:20pm On Feb 18
Yankee101:
Doing igbos shege pro max in Lagos since Tinubu lost his own claimed state

Na only igbo dey computer village?
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by kmaster007: 12:22pm On Feb 18
GRV Gbadebo should say sumtin
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by DissTroy(m): 12:23pm On Feb 18
Yankee101:
Doing igbos shege pro max in Lagos since Tinubu lost his own claimed state

Why do you lots like to tribalize everything? You are quick to accuse others of tribalism but you are, by default, the most tribalistic people in Nigeria.

Soludo is demolishing and relocating markets in Anambra where all tribes sell in like in Lagos, but no tribe has called it tribalism.

I support and voted Obi but when Obidients are sometimes called a mob, it's because of people like you. Get over yourselves! There are 300+ tribes in Nigeria. Don't always make everything about yourselves. You love the victim complex.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:24pm On Feb 18
ugodson:
See as the government will turn that place to a residential property cos is very close to the airport

That place was a residential area, before those idiots start selling there. Back in the 80's I used to visit my uncle on Ayo Ayeni street,. Very quiet area.
My uncle had to lease his property out, because of their useless buying and selling.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:27pm On Feb 18
ictplotter:

Oshodin, ikeja, iyana ipaja and Abule Egba is a straight route via lagos Abeokuta express way. Ogba is a different axis entirely. Are u new in lagos?

He is new in Lagos..
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:29pm On Feb 18
Ibrahimcoomasie:

He doesn't live in Lagos. He is likely one of those victim mentality noisemakers.

😅😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Sleekfingers: 12:32pm On Feb 18
Nchenches:

No be Economy of Lagos State de shrink?
Wetin concern centre rank and open order?
At one point, when a computer in Lagos needs repair, the owner has to send it to the SE for repair, after the repair, it's returned by courier service.
Since the demolition by Lagos State govt started, the number of computer villages under construction in many states of the SE has been in multiples.

Is Abule egba not part of Lagos. There are numerous computer villages in lagos.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by IamGreen1(f): 12:49pm On Feb 18
colossus91:

How many people in abule egba now can bring the influx the Ikeja location can ? See sometimes it's not about the govt policies it about convenience, do you think anyone will want to go from mainland to abule egba? See bro I was born in Lagos and I have been to abule egba just once and that was even last month cos of a wedding and I am over 30. It's important govt makes sensible and realistic policies l,govt is meant to be people oriented not anti-people. Bro atleast even if the policy does not favour all,it should favour most!

Do you know Kantagua market? Do you know the number of people that patronise that market on weekly basis and Computer Village is to be located there and closer to the popular trade fair as well. If whatever you think you want to do or get at Computer Village is important no excuses should stop you.
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Justiceleague1: 1:04pm On Feb 18
georgeakins:

Go and open up your backward and deserted region

Charity begins at home
Says Mufutau Mukaila posing as George 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Lagos Govt To Relocate Computer Village To Kantangowa, Abule Egba by Justiceleague1: 1:07pm On Feb 18
georgeakins:

Go and clean up Aba and Onitsha.
They are the dirtiest towns in Nigeria
Mufutau,it is so much a very stupdd thing to assume everyone is from the east.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See What Huffington Post Says About Gtbank And Some Other Banks / Meet Paddy Adenuga, Biography Of Mike Adenuga's Son / UBA Security Collects Bribe At The ATM From Customer, Fight Ensues (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.