Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,909 members, 7,810,499 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20551 Views)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Vision101(m): 10:03pm On Feb 18
@cutecommend
One needs to be careful.

Our great, powerful and beautiful RCCG should review the way pastors anoint members or lay hands on them. Members can come with their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. Trusted and matured pastors with good testimonies may be given more leverage to anoint and pray. But young and new pastors should do it very sparingly.
If you go to MFM, Dunamis, members bring their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. That does not mean there may not be occasions of one or more pastors doing anointing with oil.
Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.

@me
If you do not trust your pastor to lay hand on you and anoint then he shouldn't be your pastor.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Ensquare(m): 10:24pm On Feb 18
Amen . thank you
yinkbell:

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬
[24] “He himself bore our sins” in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; “by his wounds you have been healed.”
https://bible.com/bible/111/1pe.2.24.NIV

I made reference to the Bible passage for you to know that Christ has paid for your healing. Everything is done for you freely in Christ Jesus.
You need to surrender your life to Jesus and Obey His teachings. Being a Church goer does not qualify anyone as a family of God. The moment you give your life to Jesus all his promises in the Bible, He is willing to fulfill them in your life if you believe in his words.

If you are praying to God for healing, quote his words, remind him of his promises and believe you have gotten your result even before you see the answer coming. That's where most folks missed it. They want to have what they are praying for before they believe God has answered them whereas, it is the other way round. You have to believe God has done it and thank him for the answer, then you see results. This is not a Christian science both Bible truth.

‭‭Mark‬ ‭11:24‬ ‭NIV‬‬
[24] Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

https://bible.com/bible/111/mrk.11.24.NIV
You have to believe you have received it, patiently wait for it while thanking him for the answer prayers.
It won't work if we just have the head Knowledge of the Scripture only. We have to have the deep revelation of it. Just like a light is switched on in your room, the light of God's word must shine in your spirit. Once you caught the revelation of those God's word. You will be at peace. Then results will come.
Devil will fight so hard to talk you out of your healing, but if you hold firmly to God's word, confessing it and believing it in your heart. The results will come. 100%•
Stop looking at the symptoms in your body, you may be having and feeling the pains but look away from it. Keep looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith. Your healing will surely come. Don't backslide because of this.
Jesus loves you and cares for you.
It doesn't matter what caused your sickness; even if it is your own errors, Christ Jesus has paid for your healing. Just have faith and put your faith to work.
May the Lord God Almighty heal you in Jesus name. Pls, prayerfully seek for a Bible believing Church and join them in worshipping Almighty God.
Peace be unto you.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by uzhiyeka(m): 11:44pm On Feb 18
The moment I realized they are fake, acting and believing what they were just told I stoped immediately
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Princeton92(m): 6:29am On Feb 19
BobbieZion:

Never knew you are a Christian.
You are to mean to be one.

You weak me 😂
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Adgraced: 9:53am On Feb 19
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see food chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

Thats ChristEmbassy church for you. They are experts at collecting from members. They will so collect from you till there is nothing to collect!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by innovestor(m): 10:00am On Feb 19
ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.

Very myopic mindset. Dont think of church as your small religious cult sect. Think of it as the body of Christ.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 11:48am On Feb 19
bluefilm:

Did Jesus exist?

Yeah he did!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 12:11pm On Feb 19
SoNature:

Ordinarily, I shouldn't be responding to this moniker but I have to set the records straight.

Our Lord Jesus Christ didn't go to church regularly because He is God Himself.

However, He personally went to church some times to observe what worshippers would often do there.

That was when He praised a widow who gave her mite and destroyed the businesses of traders transacting in church.

Ordinarily, i shouldn't be reply back too but i have to clear the record you set!

Jesus is not God! That's simply a lie!
1. When Jesus was being baptized, a voice came from heaven saying [color=#990000]this is my beloved son in whom i am well pleased!
2. Jesus prayed many times. (Only a mad person would pray to himself). He even went to the mountains to pray alone.
3. Jesus said he can do nothing on his own!
4. Jesus was asked of the hour and he said he does not know it. Only the father knows it.
5. Jesus said God gave him power!
6. Jesus said he is going to his father and to his God! God dey get God?
7. Jesus said he'll be seated at the right hand of his father. Can you sit at your own right hand
8. God does not die at all!
9. God does not become man!
10. Jesus didn't for once clearly and unambiguously call himself "God"! It is always someone reporting like John said in John 1:1. Jesus could have simply said "I am God!" as his God was doing everywhere jn the Old testament
11. Peter said “Fellow Israelites, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know. Acts 2:22
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 1:59pm On Feb 19
rollywise:

Coz he was around on earth. He preached in synagogues even while on earth. But while he left, he gave a commandment that we shouldn't forsake the gathering of the brethren. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

So you still created the churches on his behalf!
You just agreed he never created any church!

Gathering of the brethren can be on any day! And the Sabbath and keeping it holy can be done anywhere even at home!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 2:01pm On Feb 19
NigerianAngelo:

Lk 4:16: "And He went to the Synagogue, according to His custom, on the Sabbath day."

Acts 7:20: "On the first day of the week [Sunday] we gathered together to break bread."

So when is the Sabbath day?

Saturday or Sunday? Is Sabbath day the first day of the week?

Seems Jesus practiced Judaism here not Christianity!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 2:23pm On Feb 19
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yeah. You ignorant son of perdition.
I guess the temple in Jerusalem is not a church

Jesus went to the temple on the sabbath day which is Saturday! That one na Church?
Jesus is to Judaism as Christians is to Christianity!

I remember Jesus flogged people in the temple venting his anger on them for buying and selling in the Church abi? grin

Why did your Muhammad start facing Jerusalem to pray and why did he stop
Thread derailing!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 2:27pm On Feb 19
Kay25:

Jesus is the church himself....

Where did Jesus call himself Church?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 2:34pm On Feb 19
Bmaster:
why would you expect Jesus to go to church whereas he is the foundation of every church ?

Did Jesus call himself the foundation of any church?

Which Church is Jesus the foundation?

RCCG!
Christ Embassy!
TREM!
Celestial Church!
Cherubim and Seraphim!
Roman Catholic!
Anglican!
Presbyterian!
Methodist!
Synagogue!
Baptist!
Seven Days Adventists!
Winners!
Lord's Chosen
Apostolic Church!
Apostolic Faith!
CAC!
Deeper Life!
Jehovah Witness!
Living Faith!
MFM!
And hundreds more!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Kay25(m): 2:42pm On Feb 19
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus call himself Church?
In heaven ni
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by rollywise(m): 2:47pm On Feb 19
AntiChristian:

So you still created the churches on his behalf!
You just agreed he never created any church!

Gathering of the brethren can be on any day! And the Sabbath and keeping it holy can be done anywhere even at home!

You don't even wanna argue this. If I show you where Jesus admonished his own to go to church will you go to church? You can receive yourself all you want but deep down you know your spiritual life isn't same when you worship at home and when you fellowship in church
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 2:49pm On Feb 19
Bruno3000:
The church is the redeemed people of God, the building is just a venue we meet to fellowship together. When Jesus walked the earth He went to the synagogue to fellowship with others.
Jesus went to the Synagogue on Saturday Sabbath day! And he didn't dance, sing, in choir as you do today! It was not a Church! Not even close to one! Jesus prayed alone on the mountain many times! He also met many on the road travelling! Fellowship can happen anywhere not necessarily in Church!

The Church today is a creation of some men after Jesus left for you guys!

I hope you know that your Allah is different from the One and True God that we serve?
This is dubious and false. In the Hausa, Bible Genesis is called Farawa. From Farawa 1:1 to Farawa 1:10, Allah was mentioned 11 times. And this Allah is your God in the Hausa and Arabic Bible. You are mostly hypocrites! Maybe more applicable to the writers of the Hausa and Arabic Bibles!

Unbelievers like you think Jesus was a Muslim. Haha, mohammed wasn't even born by then.
Yes, we believe even Adam was a Muslim. All of them were Muslims. Adam, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Lot, Jacob, Joseph, Ishmael, Isaac, David, Elijah, Elisha, Jonah, Solomon, Job, Aaron, John the Baptist, Zechariah, Jesus and Muhammad (Peace and blessings of Allah be on them all). Allah did not create Judaism for some and Christianity for others! The only religion from the creation of the world is Islam!

So your are advised to repent before you exit this world to avoid facing the consequences.
Repent from what to what? From belief in Allah who does not die to belief that God can die to save His creation or God needs blood to save...?
From belief that God is one and just one to that of God in three persons?

Audhubillah!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ShoeGetSize: 4:27pm On Feb 19
He is the foundation of anyone who believes that Christ is the Son of God who died for our sins and was raised from the dead and He will return to judge the world.

Anyone who believes in these truths is a member of the body of Christ regardless of what denomination he or she belongs to.

What about the thousands of MUDSLIME denominations scattered all over the world? Aren't you worried about whether or not you are in the right MUDSLIME denomination? Don't you want your 100 fresh virgins?

AntiChristian:

Did Jesus call himself the foundation of any church?

Which Church is Jesus the foundation?

RCCG!
Christ Embassy!
TREM!
Celestial Church!
Cherubim and Seraphim!
Roman Catholic!
Anglican!
Presbyterian!
Methodist!
Synagogue!
Baptist!
Seven Days Adventists!
Winners!
Lord's Chosen
Apostolic Church!
Apostolic Faith!
CAC!
Deeper Life!
Jehovah Witness!
Living Faith!
MFM!
And hundreds more!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Feb 21
rollywise:

You don't even wanna argue this. If I show you where Jesus admonished his own to go to church will you go to church? You can receive yourself all you want but deep down you know your spiritual life isn't same when you worship at home and when you fellowship in church

Show me where he mentioned Church first?

I can tell you about Matthew 16:18 and Acts 2:47 (which is not from Jesus)!

Now tell me if the Churches today are such as mentioned!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 8:31am On Feb 21
Kay25:

In heaven ni
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by rollywise(m): 8:58am On Feb 21
AntiChristian:

Show me where he mentioned Church first?

I can tell you about Matthew 16:18 and Acts 2:47 (which is not from Jesus)!

Now tell me if the Churches today are such as mentioned!

So if it doesn't come from Jesus then it's not valid?

Even in the time of Jesus there were fake and real churches and prophets. God has given us a discerning spirit to determine which is of God and not. It's an error for you to stay away from church because of the few bad ones. Work out your salvation with fear and trembling o. No let problem come before you begin find God or a living church
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by FRANCISTOWN: 4:32am On Mar 20
ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.

I've touched the Abidoshaker

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Wonderful Truth Of The Trinity / Who Will God Punish For Abortion? The Doctors, The Government Or The Women? / Ex-drug Addict Turns Deaconess, Inaugurates Rehabilitation Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.