Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,432 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20571 Views)

Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel Returns To Church With Eye Patch After Knife Attack / Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by blackfase(m): 12:29pm On Feb 18
Simply cos the "CHURCH" has been severely compromised. 4 years and still counting....
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by writeprof(m): 12:30pm On Feb 18
BodyCount:
Because many of the leaders are in it for business and money making.

They mostly pocket church offering and donations for personal use.

ANY CHURCH THAT THE PASTOR DOESN'T HAVE ANOTHER WORK APART FROM BEING A PASTOR IS MOST LIKE A LAZY THIEF AND SCAMMER. EVEN JESUS DID CARPENTRY WORK WITH HIS FATHER - JOSEPH.

If you study the Bible very well. Jesus carpentry work ended as He entered into the ministry.

The three and half years He spent on ministry was purely full time. That's the reason you could see the results in miracles, signs, and wonders.

He had time to fast and pray for 40 days - though the Bible tells us about one, I am sure Jesus fasted more than once for 40 days. He had time to wake up very early to pray. He had time to go on evangelism - study your Bible and see His movements.

Grace and gifts of God differs. So, don't assume because of your experience with lazy full time pastors that every pastor on full time job is a thief.

There are many hardworking and successful professionals who have heard God's call to go into full time ministry, this I believe you know.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by dNortherner(m): 12:31pm On Feb 18
Rukevwe999:
How i see God has changed, and what I'm looking for, I can't find it in the Church. And I tend to feel more like a loner in the congregation because of that. Though I'm more of a humanist now I still go because of my folks.
Eyah!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Draggun(m): 12:32pm On Feb 18
I got tired of the hypocrisy.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by zegeijuwa: 12:32pm On Feb 18
I was a devoted member of a church in Dubai, a city I just arrived. responsible for projecting Bible verses on the projector during service. One day one of the pastors called me and asked me to book a hotel for a visitor, a request I was glad to honor. I booked the hotel with my identification document. Later that day someone called to ask me how much I was given, I asked what he was talking about. He told me the hotel I booked was used to wash money for a Saudi client who paid heavily. That could have sent me to jail for a very long time or even cost my life, Saudi national. God said me, no one asked me until today.
The next church service my colleagues called me and I told them my name is Bolt, Usain Bolt.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by writeprof(m): 12:35pm On Feb 18
hansomb:
yeah, especially that keyboard 🎹🎹 playing in background when preaching is going. It made to aroused negatives spirits

That's the spirit controlling instrumentalists at work grin
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18
wirinet:

Here we go again (where is that face-palm emoji?).
Bringing up unrelated and irrelevant topics on subjects you know absolute nothing about.
The horseshoe crab had not evolved over hundreds of millions of years because it did not need to. It lived in the same habitat eating the same food, with the same threats. Environment, food, threats, are the main driving force of evolution. Just like phones, Nokia 3310 is still available today even though we have 5 G phones.

But it's okay to bring your anti-God posts on Christian/Church related topics which you know absolutely nothing about.
You believe God doesn't exist, that's fine. Why bother about what doesn't exist?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Timoleon(m): 12:47pm On Feb 18
babaRUNtinz:
Na every week una go dey ask this question?

New people dey decide against church attendance every week na
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Timoleon(m): 12:49pm On Feb 18
Walai:
Can someone remind me when last a topic from Science and Technology section of naira land made frontpage embarassed

Create your blog/forum for science and technology. Let Nairaland lose traffic and follow you. undecided
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Timoleon(m): 12:51pm On Feb 18
zegeijuwa:
I was a devoted member of a church in Dubai, a city I just arrived. responsible for projecting Bible verses on the projector during service. One day one of the pastors called me and asked me to book a hotel for a visitor, a request I was glad to honor. I booked the hotel with my identification document. Later that day someone called to ask me how much I was given, I asked what he was talking about. He told me the hotel I booked was used to wash money for a Saudi client who paid heavily. That could have sent me to jail for a very long time or even cost my life, Saudi national. God said me, no one asked me until today.
The next church service my colleagues called me and I told them my name is Bolt, Usain Bolt.

Nice line.

The name is Bolt

Usain Bolt!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Blackfire(m): 12:54pm On Feb 18
ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.

When Reverend father slept with many women in the parish, using hypnosis
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 1:02pm On Feb 18
folake4u:

Awww, I can imagine.

Mine was international stuff. I had applied for a role to be a Vice President for a student body representing Nigeria, I did interview with the owners of the brand and I was appointed Vice President.
I was barely 18/19 or so.

So my church somewhat found out and said I was doing "worldy" stuff and told me to resign as Vice President. That Christians should be "only heavenly bound and focused". grin

Mumu me then resigned oh. The partners were dumbfounded and told me to reconsider my stance but I couldn't.

I still regret doing that because that association was a leveller for me and opened opportunities for students to go abroad and represent Nigeria in competitions.

They wanted to try another method two years ago and when I didn't succumb, the Pastor said he'd stop praying for me and that I've yielded to the devil. You go fear emotional blackmail. cheesy

Never again sha. I'm older and wiser.

And yeahhhhh about the fornication part. My church will announce the names of people who had sex and tell them to stand up and leave the church. Trust hypocritical Christians in church that day giving them bad eye.

I really found it cringey.

Yep. I do church from a distance bruh. I'd serve God from the comfort of my bed.

They ran you street. Na the kain pipu wey go block you from one fine handsome achiever dude so one smelly pastor who saw you in his dream can obtain you.

This shit actually happened to me in 300l. One jambite who clicked with me but was in one fellowship like that. We used to call it burning cable (cock blocking). They burnt my cable wella. And all for nothing. angry
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 1:04pm On Feb 18
safarifarms:

But it's okay to bring your anti-God posts on Christian/Church related topics which you know absolutely nothing about.
You believe God doesn't exist, that's fine. Why bother about what doesn't exist?

So... What do you think of the narnia chronicles, though? What do you think of Aslan, the white witch, the centaurs, mr tunmus the satyr?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by nnaetobi(m): 1:06pm On Feb 18
I stopped cos I witnessed the very worst form of tribalism in mfm.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GodHimself: 1:11pm On Feb 18
When what I had been taught in church failed big time in the real world.

Being Christ-like is the only worthy goal.

I realized churches were organizations mostly run by the same set of people he was against all his time on earth. With the exception Of a few.

Once you see the truth, you can never unsee it

ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 1:12pm On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

So... What do you think of the narnia chronicles, though? What do you think of Aslan, the white witch, the centaurs, mr tunmus the satyr?
I don't know about them. Are those what you believe in? You can fill me in.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 1:13pm On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

They ran you street. Na the kain pipu wey go block you from one fine handsome achiever dude so one smelly pastor who saw you in his dream can obtain you.

This shit actually happened to me in 300l. One jambite who clicked with me but was in one fellowship like that. We used to call it burning cable (cock blocking). They burnt my cable wella. And all for nothing. angry

Lmao. You know these people!!!!!!

Hahaha na really coçk blocking. I thought you're Muslim.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by JWtriplex(m): 1:14pm On Feb 18
I stopped believing in religion at 14 and totally stopped going to church at 19 till date
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Penisman: 1:23pm On Feb 18
Walai:
Can someone remind me when last a topic from Science and Technology section of naira land made frontpage embarassed

Not on a Sunday morning bro
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by wirinet(m): 1:26pm On Feb 18
safarifarms:

Me bring anti-God topics here? You must be high on some anointing oil. The OP was sharing his personal experience about a church he was attending. He did not talk about God at all. Other people are sharing their own experiences with Nigerian churches and the pastors. You that equate churches and pastors to God started spamming the thread with anti atheist memes. Just because I countered your stupid memes, you started getting angry and screaming anti-God.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 1:48pm On Feb 18
safarifarms:

I don't know about them. Are those what you believe in? You can fill me in.

this is how ignorant you are - copying and pasting memes from the internet

CS lewis wrote the narnia chronicles. all those names are different characters from his books

it says a lot about your mental capacity - but it was what i fully expected which is why i asked the question in the first place tongue
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 1:49pm On Feb 18
folake4u:

Lmao. You know these people!!!!!!

One of the Christian brothers said I was his wife. I laughed that day ehn. Told him "Over my dead body".

I know how many of the church girls my age were deceived by these brothers over "revelation" or "dream" or "the will of God".
Anytime I visit home, I see these girls my age looking sad and miserable. My agemate has 2 kids and she's worn out.

There's one that really pained me though. The Christian brother came from nowhere, said he liked her and all, she'd finished her uni education. He didn't allow her do Nysc (she graduated years before me though), didn't allow her do internship in hospitals, he just opened photocopy shop for her. cry

They've been using style to talk to my parents about marriage. I've warned them already. cheesy

Hahaha na really coçk blocking. I thought you're Muslim.

i am muslim , but this was back in uni. i was in 300l she was in 100l and we were just flooowing.

alfa too dey run that game. there was one time one alfa was telling different chicks he saw them in a dream and they should meet and pray over it.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Walkat9t: 1:51pm On Feb 18
I stopped going to church because of my wife but that doesn't stop me from praying or acknowledging the fact that God is God. It was her behavior and attitude that makes me stop attending church. I kept imagining someone that's a worker in church keeping malice, unforgiveness is her normal way of life, thinking she is the most holy person. Thinking she's the deputy Jesus while others are children of devil itself..... haba.... me wey no dey go church sef I believe if I die I will be granted Al'janna (paradise)..... she hardly forgives.... issues of ten years ago my wife will quote date and time.... I can't go to church with her...hence I stopped

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18
wirinet:

Me bring anti-God topics here? You must be high on some anointing oil. The OP was sharing his personal experience about a church he was attending. He did not talk about God at all. Other people are sharing their own experiences with Nigerian churches and the pastors. You that equate churches and pastors to God started spamming the thread with anti atheist memes. Just because I countered your stupid memes, you started getting angry and screaming anti-God.
Lol. Me angry? For what? You've posted too much and forgot what you posted.

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Elsueno: 1:53pm On Feb 18
Making tithe like some sort of obligation angry

Small sin, them go just dey threaten person with hellfire angry

Did I mentioned I hate getting fleece 4 tithe & I seriously dislike those envelopes on my sit even though I usually leave am empty
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by soccerlite: 1:58pm On Feb 18
cutecommend:
One needs to be careful.

Our great, powerful and beautiful RCCG should review the way pastors anoint members or lay hands on them. Members can come with their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. Trusted and matured pastors with good testimonies may be given more leverage to anoint and pray. But young and new pastors should do it very sparingly.
If you go to MFM, Dunamis, members bring their own anointing oil, receive prayers and anoint themselves. That does not mean there may not be occasions of one or more pastors doing anointing with oil.
Some pastors may or do not have clean spirit, and them laying hands or anointing innocent members may not do good.

Lolzzzzz

This your comment is funny
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18
Lots of diabolical things going on.

Fake mantles

Fake prophecies and healings.

Selling of anointing oil

Twisting of Bible verses

Spirit of divination very rampant.

High level witchdoctos pretending to be pastors etc.

NB: doesn't affect my going to church cos am a Methodist so certain things in the Pentecostal doesn't apply with us.

Am just pointing out the things currently trending

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 2:00pm On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

this is how ignorant you are - copying and pasting memes from the internet

CS lewis wrote the narnia chronicles. all those names are different characters from his books

it says a lot about your mental capacity - but it was what i fully expected which is why i asked the question in the first place tongue

Insulting people is all Atheist know. They get easily angry and offended when they are fed their own poison. So funny.

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by GloriousGbola: 2:06pm On Feb 18
safarifarms:

Insulting people is all Atheist know. They get easily angry and offended when they are fed their own poison. So funny.

if not for copy pasted memes you would have nothing to say.

at least now you are no longer highlighting your stark ignorance by pasting quotes from people you know nothing of.

CS lewis was a deeply religious person - but you are the kind of dull witted nit wit who would read his books are start screaming WITCHCRAFT! DEVILRY! DEMONS! grin grin grin
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by LoveLeadsLand(m): 2:11pm On Feb 18
ManOfSon:
Most of those carrying big Bibles about in Nigeria and claiming to be Christians know absolutely nothing about the faith. Jesus wasn't even a Christian! He was an ordinary Jew who came with a different teaching. The temples he went to were Jewish temples. Those who followed his teachings would later be called Christians or followers of Christ's teachings.

See your roundabout thinking process. "Those who followed his teachings would later be called Christians" you said at the end. So why did you initially tell us that "Jesus wasn't even a Christian"? How could Jesus Christ be his own follower? I know your type - people who often think they know so much that they foolishly think that no one else knows anything. Ironically, from my experience, such people are often among the most stupid around. Thank you.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Emman08: 2:13pm On Feb 18
Some church people too dey gossip. I Ieave the Mrs to go to church and keep my Sundays to myself for gaming or watching football. Life is too short abeg
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Kingson28: 2:13pm On Feb 18
[quote author=Jamiubond009 post=128512486] grin Everything inside the church is deliberate; from the music to the preaching to the theatrics.All are engineered to put you in a suggestible state so the programming and fleecing can be carried out successfully.Ever wondered why you feel different once you step out of a church premises? Spirituality is different from what obtains in a church.I commune with my Chi in my own unique way and not the template handed down to us by foreigners.Deprogram yourself and you will see things differently

You are deceived by the devil.
When you die and find yourself in Hell Fire your delusion will vanish.
Repent and receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Fighting Serious Wars, Fresh Wars Not Needed – Adeboye / UK Christian Preacher Convicted Over Abortion Clinic Protest / "Nigerian God Is A Fraud, It Uses Pastors To Rob Nigerians" - Bisi Alimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.