Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,133 members, 7,821,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20622 Views)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by gbangban1: 9:12am On Feb 18
What the essence of going to church in these days when you believe God will answered your prayer anywhere you are , 80% of nowadays pastors prayer is to have plenty people in his/her church as a lucrative business, as a family always choose small pikin to pray he/she has no sin yet, better pass pastor wey follow other people wife sleep up and down
Tokskob2008:
Going to church this days is just a mere waste of time..

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by iramure(m): 9:12am On Feb 18
Since I realise church is a scam and pastors are agents of the devil on the pulpit. E no go better for who introduced religion to Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Blogfarms: 9:18am On Feb 18
You already name yourself anti Christian, so you might never understand the whole talk. You have to have some level of wisdom and understanding to picture what the whole Christianity is about.
Christ himself is the head of the church. He is the beginning of church. He taught people in the temple. He began evangelism. He propagated the gospel. He is the church. How can you say he didn’t go to church? His life was church. I pray you have more understanding
AntiChristian:
Jesus didn't go to any church like you all!

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:21am On Feb 18
cheesy grin
Bahamas95:
I stopped going because I noticed the church is littered with hypocrites, pagans are even better than most christians. Another thing is the politics going on in most churches, I am hot tempered so I avoid places I would meet toxic people because I won't hesitate to punch if provoked.

The only time I manage to go is during family thanksgiving or when I am invited to baby dedication.

I was at a neighbor's baby dedication sometime ago and the lady was sharing her testimony. I heard three ladies behind me gossiping her, I was surprised and angry at the same time. I couldn't take it any longer and turned angrily to see their ugly faces.....they were shocked and kept quiet immediately after seeing my red eyes. If not for the fear of God I would have done something terrible in that church that day.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Franzinni: 9:25am On Feb 18
It's a factory ... To keep you mentally controlled .... God is real but they are not found in a building

5 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ObalendeCMS: 9:25am On Feb 18
I stopped going to church when I started using my brain!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by SeriouslySense(m): 9:26am On Feb 18
I put a lot of effort to go to church because of reluctance, and i wont waste time in some churchs, where there is drama, politics, and business ventures.

JEsus is real, God is true. Important thing is to know God and accept his salvation. If i die today or if Jesus comes in the cloud, i hope for salavtion and its assuring

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by spencekat(m): 9:29am On Feb 18
babaRUNtinz:
Na every week una go dey ask this question?
I tire oo.Them no dey tire sef.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Franking: 9:30am On Feb 18
I came to the realization that it's all a scam in 2010. So, no more.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by kpompey: 9:32am On Feb 18
Go to one man church , then you see God of men. They make rules to favour themselves and family. It is their private biz and they are cashing out steadily.

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:34am On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend class, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see good chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

Lol. U funny oo

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:35am On Feb 18
GodThankYou:
I haven't stopped but church has changed a great deal, don't get me wrong money is essential to promote God's work but now it seems the only thing churches care about is devicing various means to seek for money.. very distressing

Very true
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by histemple: 9:38am On Feb 18
BodyCount:
Because many of the leaders are in it for business and money making.

They mostly pocket church offering and donations for personal use.

ANY CHURCH THAT THE PASTOR DOESN'T HAVE ANOTHER WORK APART FROM BEING A PASTOR IS MOST LIKE A LAZY THIEF AND SCAMMER. EVEN JESUS DID CARPENTRY WORK WITH HIS FATHER - JOSEPH.

I thought God is the father of Jesus? How is Oga Joe the father of Jesus?

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 9:38am On Feb 18
sageer1706:
Since the day the pastor ask us to buy his sticker and anointing oil for our protection and he’s using armed men for his own protection

Should I guess the church ? Lol
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by faceland: 9:38am On Feb 18
From my experience. 50% of those who read the Bible from cover to cover would become unbelievers. May be 10% of those unbelievers would become manipulative pastors.

Another thing that messed with my faith was attending church at a university (were students are in charge, not those once that matured professors and clean intellectuals are in charge). It was an abomination. I wondered how God could watch that in His house and not send thunder on them.

Lastly, internet is not good for all religion.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Makinaki: 9:40am On Feb 18
I stop when I realise say Oyinbo do us strong thing with religion, wen be say dem sef no send Jesus again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by sageer1706(m): 9:42am On Feb 18
MyVILLAGEpeople:

Should I guess the church ? Lol
Dem go come for u oo
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by epainos: 9:43am On Feb 18
Nigerian churches are now business centres. If teachers like Bro Gbile Akanni or Apostle Joshua Selma are close to you, run there. You will be fed with the raw, undiluted word of God. All other bishops, prophets, pastors, and evangelists are all disappointments to the body of Christ. Recently, Pastor Adeboye has been making mistakes. Only his old age is the reason I won't say any negative about him. But someone should tell that baba to keep off politics. As for that one in Otta, I don't have any regard for him since the day Clefor Dollar came to his church and started asking his members to yell "Dollars follow me". That was around 2002 or so. Since that day, I marked that bishop. So, I was not surprised when he was caught in the act of "yes daddy" with Obi Pandora.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by wirinet(m): 9:43am On Feb 18
Jamiubond009:
grin Everything inside the church is deliberate; from the music to the preaching to the theatrics.All are engineered to put you in a suggestible state so the programming and fleecing can be carried out successfully.Ever wondered why you feel different once you step out of a church premises? Spirituality is different from what obtains in a church.I commune with my Chi in my own unique way and not the template handed down to us by foreigners.Deprogram yourself and you will see things differently.

Pure hypnotism.
I figured this out in my teens. I am surprised that till today matured and highly educated men and women fall for their antics and become willing victims.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Watinhapen(m): 9:43am On Feb 18
In my church you anoint yourself. The pastor only prays on the anointing oil.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Antiislaam(m): 9:44am On Feb 18
AntiChristian:

Slave, get sense for once. I've told you times without number that Jesus Christ went to synagogue/temple to worship his Father as we Christians are doing today
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by AntiChristian: 9:47am On Feb 18
Blogfarms:
You already name yourself anti Christian, so you might never understand the whole talk. You have to have some level of wisdom and understanding to picture what the whole Christianity is about.
Christ himself is the head of the church. He is the beginning of church. He taught people in the temple. He began evangelism. He propagated the gospel. He is the church. How can you say he didn’t go to church? His life was church. I pray you have more understanding

Yeah, I won't understand. Even Jesus does not understand anything called Christianity!

Jesus taught people in the temple! Was it on Sundays or Saturdays?
How many times did Jesus taught people?
Jesus is the church?
Did he call himself by the name church?
He called Peter the rock the bedrock of his church!

I pray your eyes is opened to all these errors formed for you by some men!

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ReacherSaidNoth: 9:47am On Feb 18
There are better ways to waste time, why spend it in the midst of brainwashed noisemakers?

4 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Bruno3000(m): 9:47am On Feb 18
The church is the redeemed people of God, the building is just a venue we meet to fellowship together. When Jesus walked the earth He went to the synagogue to fellowship with others. I hope you know that your Allah is different from the One and True God that we serve? Unbelievers like you think Jesus was a Muslim. Haha, mohammed wasn't even born by then.
So your are advised to repent before you exit this world to avoid facing the consequences.
AntiChristian:

1 Like

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by TheTravelingOne(f): 9:49am On Feb 18
Because “church” is in all of us. You don’t need to go to those 4 walls or giant buildings to have church. You can commune with God for FREE. He doesn’t have a talk to me for $$, he doesn’t have a I’ll grant your prayers or blessings for $$. This is ALL free, HOPE IS FREE!!
The sooner y’all realize this, the better you’ll be in life.
Have your own personal relationship with God, at home, at the grocery store, in your car, wherever you may be. And keep it moving.
& most important. Keep your money in your pocket and use it to build your life!!! Not to buy private jets and mansions for someone who is the exact same as you. They just learned to finesse and scam to get the lifestyle they want to live.
Too many sheep around.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Akalia(m): 9:53am On Feb 18
Bahamas95:
I stopped going because I noticed the church is littered with hypocrites, pagans are even better than most christians. Another thing is the politics going on in most churches, I am hot tempered so I avoid places I would meet toxic people because I won't hesitate to punch if provoked. Ki

The only time I manage to go is during family thanksgiving or when I am invited to baby dedication.

I was at a neighbor's baby dedication sometime ago and the lady was sharing her testimony. I heard three ladies behind me gossiping her, I was surprised and angry at the same time. I couldn't take it any longer and turned angrily to see their ugly faces.....they were shocked and kept quiet immediately after seeing my red eyes. If not for the fear of God I would have done something terrible in that church that day.
Hahahahaha. You be character.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by pocom16: 9:53am On Feb 18
They are mostly filled with hypocrites..

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by yahmohy27: 9:54am On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:

I'm waiting for you.

Jesus went to the synagogues and the temple, which were the equivalents of today's churches. Meanwhile, Jesus was never a Nairalander. So, why are you a Nairalander since you obviously think anything should be done exactly as Jesus did it?
Is Nairaland a point worshipping?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by BabaO2: 9:56am On Feb 18
Lymetsaucer:
Church helps you understand the word of God.
How?
These days, many of the fortunate ones to mount the pulpit are giving out and forcing their own selfish pure opinions on the unsuspecting congregations. That is why it is rampamt and easy for many 'pastors' and fortunate speakers in churches could easily have canal knowledge of the vunerable innocent girls and women
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ukaface(f): 9:56am On Feb 18
Work
I don’t know why my work manager have decided to make me work all Sundays, if I go to hell na work manager cause am sha

Anyways, church appears more like a social gathering for me like it’s a club, don’t know if you get me and you also have to be involved in one of the offices or you are not just a serious member, why?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:57am On Feb 18
yahmohy27:

Is Nairaland a point worshipping?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by adekanmbi1986(m): 10:00am On Feb 18
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Do Little Preaching And Do Many Miracles - Prophet Odumeje (Video) / Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine / 8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.