Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,183 members, 7,822,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? (20623 Views)

Why Did You Stop Going To Church? / Why Did You Stop Going To Church / Apostle Johnson Suleman Dressed As A Policeman To Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by safarifarms(m): 2:13pm On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

if not for copy pasted memes you would have nothing to say.

at least now you are no longer highlighting your stark ignorance by pasting quotes from people you know nothing of.

CS lewis was a deeply religious person - but you are the kind of dull witted nit wit who would read his books are start screaming WITCHCRAFT! DEVILRY! DEMONS! grin grin grin

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by kukoyi4adaugo: 2:19pm On Feb 18
The day I realized that the best sermons are lived, not preached.The day I realized that the best sermons are lived, not preached....
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by folake4u(f): 2:20pm On Feb 18
GloriousGbola:

i am muslim , but this was back in uni. i was in 300l she was in 100l and we were just flooowing.

alfa too dey run that game. there was one time one alfa was telling different chicks he saw them in a dream and they should meet and pray over it.

Okay then. cheesy

Hahahaha. So alfa still dey run that package. Interesting. grin grin
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ufotunang: 2:21pm On Feb 18
accordadoga24:
Hehehe

Na Christ Embassy do me something oo

As a new member, you must attend classes and write a test/exam.

I attended my classes and passed my exam.

After I don struggle attend classes, pass exam dem say make I come pay 6500 for certificate and graduation gown.

How much dem dey print certificate for UTC and Area 10? N200.

I come dey wonder whether na the certificate angels go check for gate before dem go allow u enter paradise

Dem neva even know if new member see food chop come church.

I miss their songs and swags sha

... what was the class for ?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Emmanuel30a: 2:22pm On Feb 18
Seagodess:
Seun
Whats up seagodess, I want to drink pepsi... Did you wants to gives or gifts me pepsi or hennessy... Are you a godess of sea or of red sea and mediteranean sea?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Emmanuel30a: 2:23pm On Feb 18
Lymetsaucer:
Church helps you understand the word of God.
Lucifer pikin... How is napkin? Did you eats pumpkin? Who is your next of kin?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Emmanuel30a: 2:28pm On Feb 18
Rejoice28:
Friends Jesus Christ loves y'all and he want you to accept him as your personal lord and saviour by giving your life to Christ, believing in him and repenting of your sins.remember tomorrow might be too late. Shalom
Stop talking joor, it is late or too late... Stop doing what we hates and aberrates...
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Emmanuel30a: 2:32pm On Feb 18
The statement I likes best is:"say your last prayer", what statement did you likes best or like the best...
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by porthouse7(f): 2:32pm On Feb 18
LoveLeadsLand:

I'm waiting for you.

Jesus went to the synagogues and the temple, which were the equivalents of today's churches. Meanwhile, Jesus was never a Nairalander. So, why are you a Nairalander since you obviously think anything should be done exactly as Jesus did it?
jesus himself was never a Christian
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Highways: 2:33pm On Feb 18
Every time launching and make it look like you have to pay to get special anointing
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by NiceLegs: 2:44pm On Feb 18
I just came into the UK so I have not yet found a church.

But I hear most Nigerians stop going to church once they come into UK.

Well, not me.

Next week, I must find a church to attend.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by scally11: 2:54pm On Feb 18
I stopped because nhs pay 22ยฃ for Sunday and going to church looks like going to meet someone deceive u with sweet lies while living a deceitful life nicodemusly

2 Likes

Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by KingKayxCee11(m): 2:55pm On Feb 18
The hand laying and anointing thingy is more reason I will always be at the gallery.
Make I see how MOG wan climb up...
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Olamlag(m): 2:56pm On Feb 18
i still go to church but if anything will discourage me from going to church it will be that i don't understand why Christians in the bible share their properties so that no one has more than the other, but Christians nowadays including pastors will be living a lavish lifestyle while there are still a lot of people in abject poverty in the same church that still baffles me.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by sunsweet33: 2:57pm On Feb 18
I didnโ€™t think it could ever be possible, but in adulthood I have become allergic to church.

I have no interest in attending church at all at all, and even worse is that I donโ€™t feel bad about it.

I canโ€™t believe it, really.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by ManOfSon: 3:08pm On Feb 18
I usually don't waste precious time with your type. In the post I responded to, the poster wrote:

"Jesus went to the synagogues and the temple, which were the equivalents of today's churches. Meanwhile, Jesus was never a Nairalander. So, why are you a Nairalander since you obviously think anything should be done exactly"

Apparently, the person doesn't know the difference between a church and a synagogue - in fact, he/she said they are equivalent. You sound like this person in your ignorance and lack of awareness. Jesus Christ never called himself a Christian. He was a Jew. Not once did he ever say Christian or Christians. One of the things you say is how can he be a follower of himself. If you cannot see that this settles your ignorance, how else am I or anyone else going to help you?

LoveLeadsLand:

See your roundabout thinking process. "Those who followed his teachings would later be called Christians" you said at the end. So why did you initially tell us that "Jesus wasn't even a Christian"? How could Jesus Christ be his own follower? I know your type - people who often think they know so much that they foolishly think that no one else knows anything. Ironically, from my experience, such people are often among the most stupid around. Thank you.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Ensquare(m): 3:29pm On Feb 18
I have been praying for healing and it does not come. I stopped going cuz it seems there's no God or God does not answer prayers again
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 3:37pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
Nothing really , after prayers in the early hours of the morning then I'll just feel very ok and stay at home.

URGH!!!!
Why am I not surprised? Evil woman!!!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Panda7(m): 3:52pm On Feb 18
ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.
simply because outside salvation, my church doesn't encourage progression in career or education and like a timetable some preacher continues to talk about fear of not committing to church but what if something terrible happens, can they reverse it?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by anslemarinze52(m): 3:53pm On Feb 18
I told a junior pastor of a trouble I had and I didn't know how it matter leaked even to some that are not pastors will come and ask me about it. They gossip a lot jare.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by Clintifydan(m): 4:07pm On Feb 18
ebubeson:
Thank God for his mercies and thank God for providing church for us to attend. I encourage you to keep going to good churches and do not stop.

We have good churches, but what made me reduce going to one of my church branches close to my house is that if the pastor anoints me, it leads to problems, which I will have to pray or engage on one or more spiritual exercise to destroy such. I remember when another pastor came to same branch and anointed me, same thing.

My church generally is a good church, but they should look critically on pastors laying hands or anointing people. Some of these pastors may be unclean or diabolic, and they may be hiding under a good church. It is better members anoint themselves and only trusted pastors with good testimonies should lay hands or anoint people.

Some say its the devils work.. but i stopped going to church all because i deem it not necessary, what they preach this days is quite different from what i was taught while growing up
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by EreluRoz: 4:09pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

URGH!!!!
Why am I not surprised? Evil woman!!!
I went to church today after a long while. My post didn't indicate I don't go to church, na you be evil ๐Ÿ™ˆ
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
I went to church today after a long while. My post didn't indicate I don't go to church, na you be evil ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Go away... Yamayama fall on your oblong head dia
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by EreluRoz: 4:16pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

Go away... Yamayama fall on your oblong head dia
Do you know I'm not your mate? I'm old enough, so I demand that you respect me.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by kkins25(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18
Hmmm.. I think the last time o wento church proper was around 200lvl..

During that time, i was forcing myself to become God's boy.. One day, I went to church and pastor no come. next sunday, same thing. next, same thing..
Later, got to know pastor and wife get issues.... like madam is suspecting pastor of having side chick.

One sunday he finally appeared and called for a meeting, i didn't attend, i just sat outside. I heard people arguing and all that, trust my mama to go chuke mouth inside people matter.. ๐Ÿ˜

I realize, "oh, there's nothing really special about all this people wey claim to be experiencing holy spirit." They laugh like every one else, lie like every one else, are are subject to environmental influences like everyone else.

That's just one trigger. The other was getting to know and interact with muslims. Ahh, this guys ain't different from Christians.. They just happen to be born were they were. that's all.
E get one hausa babe i con fall for... ahmn Bili was bursting my brain.. if not that dey don already arrange guy for her, i for consider islam.. ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

Given the circumstances, i then chose hell. Because, life isn't fair, and i want to side with those treated unjustly. If Muslims and others were to go to hell, i choose to be with them. If Christians nd others were meant for hell, then i choose to be with them..
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
Do you know I'm not your mate? I'm old enough, so I demand that you respect me.
You don't demand shiit from me. I know you are a man under that moniker. That's why I am not condoning your bullshiiit
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by EreluRoz: 4:24pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

You don't demand shiit from me. I know you are a man under that moniker. That's why I am not condoning your bullshiiit
grin grin grin that's the reason I want to join the redpill WhatsApp group, would you be kind enough to send me the link?
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 4:29pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
grin grin grin that's the reason I want to join the redpill WhatsApp group, would you be kind enough to send me the link?
Sure...send me a picture of your face and address as confirmation.

OLODO rabata!!!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by EreluRoz: 4:33pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

Sure...send me a picture of your face and address as confirmation.

OLODO rabata!!!
As per who you be? ๐Ÿ˜† Just send me the link first and the rest will be history. I'm too old for una yeye games here

Una mind no go touch ground for this nairaland.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 4:36pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
As per who you be? ๐Ÿ˜† Just send me the link first and the rest will be history. I'm too old for una yeye games here

Una mind no go touch ground for this nairaland.
I have given you my conditions. You don't like them? Fuรงk off, hairy balls mudafucker!!!
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by EreluRoz: 4:39pm On Feb 18
luminouz:

I have given you my conditions. You don't like them? Fuรงk off, hairy balls mudafucker!!!
It's simple, just send link and the rest is history. Or is it truly a cult as I was told?

You no even get mind of your own, that's why it's so easy for that boy called verystupidblackman to control the thinking of you and your likes. Gullible Nigerians.
Re: Why Did You Reduce Or Stop Going To Church? by luminouz(m): 4:44pm On Feb 18
EreluRoz:
It's simple, just send link and the rest is history. Or is it truly a cult as I was told?

You no even get mind of your own, that's why it's so easy for that boy called verystupidblackman to control the thinking of you and your likes. Gullible Nigerians.

K

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

I Do Little Preaching And Do Many Miracles - Prophet Odumeje (Video) / Wafa Sultan The Bold Ex-Muslim Heroine / 8 Great Lessons From 8 Great Men Of God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.