Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,967 members, 7,821,393 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards (7333 Views)

SUN AWARDS"I Don't Have Any Political Ambition, Disregard Rumours - Ken Ifekudu. / Okonjo-iweala Awarded The 2022 Laureate Prize Of Ambassadors Of La Francophonie / Mr. Peter Obi Awarded 160million to (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by georgeakins: 9:08am On Feb 19
englishmart:
Peter Obi is the paragon of fortitude, compassionateness, perspicacity, integrity and every good thing Tinubu and his drug-dealing lots lack

You and your blodas still wallow in incurable delusion.

Despite the fact that ibos paraded the worst leaders in the first republic, your ancestors killed politicians from other tribes in January, 1966. They accused them of corruption.

The same mentality still plagued ibo people till today.
Imagine you attributing those qualities you mentioned above to dumb, lying , corrupt Obi.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:29am On Feb 19
Ofunaofu:

In your opinion, who do you think should have been awarded the political icon for 2023?

None of them.

And the award should be abolished until Nigeria is better.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:30am On Feb 19
RichDaniels:

Why would you. When you're blinded to the reality of politics.
1. He joined a political party and FOR THE FIRST TIME IN Nigeria's democratic history came third with very low margins from the winner and the second;
2. He arguably and obviously would have won the election of free and fair, with all the INECs wuru wuru, this would have made it the first time a non major political candidate would have won an election.
3. He won Tinubu's strong hold, Lagos, even with all the rigging. This turned Sanwo Olu and the Oba of Lagos into park men and ShopRite visitors, always trying to mingle with the people, I personally saw Sanwo Olu four times in ShopRite Ikeja after the presidential election. Sanwo Olu even campaigned with Isi agwu 😂
4. Even after the rigged election, he still keeps on making politically strategic statements that move the nation and the press to document as though he is president. Infact, the press takes him more seriously than Tinubu. And even the Tinubu led govt have been found to implement a couple of his policies.
5. He makes visits to Taraba, Adanmawa, Plateau, Lagos, Oyo and is celebrated as of he is president by the locals. This is political relevance.

If you cannot see these and more, then you're myopic

Yes I know all these but that's still politics. If you said it was rigged, well, it seems so but I don't see any impact on his iconism the common man.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:31am On Feb 19
Canberra55:
You're a BAT. BATs don not see in the afternoon.

Bats see in the day but it's faint. Don't believe everything science teaches.

And I am not a Batist. There's always that person who doesn't belong to any party ..
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Jostoman: 9:33am On Feb 19
Peter Obi deserve the award.

Congratulation.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:33am On Feb 19
CrusaderX:
He turned a low/mid rated party, LP, to one of the main opposition in Nigeria.

His political influence produced a governor, senators, and HoR members for his party, LP.

I think that deserves recognition.

Well, this is constructive and strong debate tho. And I know that is true.

But all politicians are the same (meek, promising and pretentious) until they cling unto power and you see wolves eating wolves. Evident from when he was governor, he did virtually nothing compared to what he's promising today.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by OredoPikin: 9:34am On Feb 19
chatinent:
I didn't really see what he did to gain the recognition.
Does a blind man see?
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:35am On Feb 19
phorget:

Hunger is not anybody's mate, how can you see anything when Tilumbu has successfully blinded you with hunger?🤷‍♂️

Then make a drastic decision to make a difference. Send me money for food to quench the hunger so I can see clearly.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:35am On Feb 19
Infomaz:

Eyah, kpele. It's not easy to be blind.
Unblind me with the legal tender.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by OredoPikin: 9:36am On Feb 19
chatinent:
Someone that took a zero party to national party under 8months😁
No man alive can achieve that
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:37am On Feb 19
OredoPikin:

Someone that took a zero party to national party under 8months😁
No man alive can achieve that

Not him tho. It was Nigerians who wanted a change and he was lucky he was the lesser evil to the other two.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by OredoPikin: 9:38am On Feb 19
handsomeyinka:
Great Achievement
Am very impressed with this achievement.
He needs to host his supporters to celebrate this milestone.
He truly deserves it.

His next upcoming award will be "The Internet President of Year" so his followers can declare a national holiday to celebrate it.

Joins us as we celebrate our own "MR LAMBA OF AFRICA"
Do u understand what lamba means or u are just following crowd to shout lamba ?
Can u point me to any single lie of Obi so we can run a comparison with the lies of fashola, Tinubu nd the APC in general
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by OredoPikin: 9:44am On Feb 19
chatinent:

Not him tho. It was Nigerians who wanted a change and he was lucky he was the lesser evil to the other two.
That is not lucky
He worked to be the lesser evil
Same crowd abandoned Sowore. Will abandoned any politician alive in Nigeria.
Kwankwaso that have been building a movement since 1999 (the kwankwasiya or red cap movement) couldn't come close to him.
Obideints did wonders under 8months with his leadership
Again he is clearly the man
Go buy eyes drop make u see well
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by chatinent: 9:47am On Feb 19
OredoPikin:

That is not lucky
He worked to be the lesser evil
Same crowd abandoned Sowore. Will abandoned any politician alive in Nigeria.
Kwankwaso that have been building a movement since 1999 (the kwankwasiya or red cap movement) couldn't come close to him.
Obideints did wonders under 8months with his leadership
Again he is clearly the man
Go buy eyes drop make u see well

Not really “Obidients.” Nigerians who wanted a change did.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by OredoPikin: 9:56am On Feb 19
chatinent:

Not really “Obidients.” Nigerians who wanted a change did.
Every Nigeria that wanted a change is under the OBIdient family
Thank you
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Quebec91(m): 10:11am On Feb 19
Word 🤔
alsudan:
The newspaper of an APC Chieftain naming Peter Obi as Icon of the year tells you a lot about that Catastrophe in Aso Rock.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Quebec91(m): 10:12am On Feb 19
I doubt your eyes👁👁 can see anything good again
chatinent:
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by CrusaderX: 10:30am On Feb 19
chatinent:

Well, this is constructive and strong debate tho. And I know that is true.

But all politicians are the same (meek, promising and pretentious) until they cling unto power and you see wolves eating wolves. Evident from when he was governor, he did virtually nothing compared to what he's promising today.
True.

But managing and utilizing scarce resources gainfully for state benefit is a trait of a possible good leader, and Peter Obi demonstrated that when he was governor, unlike the rest contestants in the just past presidential election.

In the end, they are all the same with micro variations from each other. Bad leaders.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by dNortherner(m): 1:04pm On Feb 19
DatNiggaDaz:
continue sleeping grin
Please Nigga is not about an argument, please 'am begging you just tell us more about him 'cause our dear and humble formal President Ebele Jonathan is still far better than him.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by deumveritatis: 1:25pm On Feb 19
chatinent:

Maybe short sight or river blindness
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by DatNiggaDaz: 1:37pm On Feb 19
dNortherner:
Please Nigga is not about an argument, please 'am begging you just tell us more about him 'cause our dear and humble formal President Ebele Jonathan is still far better than him.
Go back to sleep grin grin
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Jackson105: 1:42pm On Feb 19
alsudan:
The newspaper of an APC Chieftain naming Peter Obi as Icon of the year tells you a lot about that Catastrophe in Aso Rock.

What's the big deal in giving your award your tribe man?
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by babajero(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

Imagine asking these present crop of political leaders to fix the economy and tackle the security challenges so as to get the armed bandits AKA killer herdsmen off our farmlands, so that the farmers can go back to their farmlands, in other to make food sufficient to ameliorate the suffering of the masses, then, one frail-looking grandpa will come from nowhere and be asking questions like "na statistics we go chop" "where are their cows" and other numerous bulaba bala blu questions.

Tufiakwa!!!
The fulani herdsmen in our farms are deliberately sent there to destroy farms, it is part of the Islamic jihad going on. If we no checkmate them on time dem go finish us.
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Totalrecovery: 10:06pm On Feb 19
chatinent:
Even life is difficult for the blind
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by HRMK: 8:08am On Feb 20
THAT IS NO BIG DEAL! SUN IS SOUTHEAST & THE AWARD IS FOR AN IGBOMAN TOO!!
Re: Peter Obi Awarded The Political Icon Of The Year 2023 At The Sun Awards by Splashme: 6:49pm On Mar 01
Very deserving

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We May Negotiate With Boko Haram-presidency / Underage Voters: Court Gives INEC 90 Days To Handover Officials For Prosecution / Pictures Of The New Imo International Conference Center and New Yam Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.