Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation (39149 Views)

VIDEO: Tragic Incident At OAU As Lion Kills Veterinary Technologist / Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by AviatorMoney(m): 12:09am On Feb 20
thesicilian:

Of course that's what always happens.
He probably felt since he's been feeding them for years they now know him.

My brother, as DOG domestic and loyal reach....Hahahahaha, i dey laff d owners,make hunger beat am Weller first

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Maliqcious: 12:15am On Feb 20
rentAcock:
Very easy case. The deceased family members should sue the school for millions. I'm not a lawyer but a very good lawyer would ask the school to provide daily records showing how much food the lion is being fed daily and then compare it to the recommended daily nutritional requirements of a fully grown lion both in the wild and in captivity. If it turns out that the lion is underfed and malnourished, this will be a slam dunk case. The lawyer can also bring up a wrongful death and death by gross negligence charge against the school for not having the proper safety measures in place for this man to carry out his work safely.

Condolences to the family members but if they play this right, It could be a windfall upwards of N800 Million.
800mill to bring the deceased back?
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by richiemcgold: 12:23am On Feb 20
NapoleonHill:

You have knowledge but not common sense.

Just now, I went through some of your past comments on this forum, nearly all of them are laced with insults and very rude expressions. It tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by YourKarma: 12:23am On Feb 20
rentAcock:
Very easy case. The deceased family members should sue the school for millions. I'm not a lawyer but a very good lawyer would ask the school to provide daily records showing how much food the lion is being fed daily and then compare it to the recommended daily nutritional requirements of a fully grown lion both in the wild and in captivity. If it turns out that the lion is underfed and malnourished, this will be a slam dunk case. The lawyer can also bring up a wrongful death and death by gross negligence charge against the school for not having the proper safety measures in place for this man to carry out his work safely.

Condolences to the family members but if they play this right, It could be a windfall upwards of N800 Million.
lolz.....you should've just stopped at "I'm not a lawyer" instead of this gibberish you spewed

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by tefund(m): 12:27am On Feb 20
STEWpid:
Chai..

Y
Hunger breeze don blow reach lions too?

So, ebi m pa awon ekun naa??

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by YourKarma: 12:27am On Feb 20
GanagiBitrus:

Wrong to kill the Lion. They only needed to improve their safety procedures.
Any animal who have killed a human are usually euthanized. it's not peculiar to Nigeria, it's worldwide. Humans fall very easily so animals, after killing humans, tend to prefer humans over other animals.
Google about the Tsavo man-eaters

5 Likes

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by planetx: 12:36am On Feb 20
Englishisamust:
Omo I just watch the video chaii omo
Where is the video?
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by cactusJack(m): 12:42am On Feb 20
The thing wey remain to happen for Nigeria na just make aliens come, because wetin be this🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by cactusJack(m): 12:44am On Feb 20
richiemcgold:

Don't tell me a whole OAU Zoology doesn't have tranquilizer gun.

This one is asking question like JJC
undecided
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by BatinHisoki: 12:53am On Feb 20
The man was lucky to be killed by a lion, now he can proudly said he escape this hunger.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Nati123(m): 12:54am On Feb 20
It is well
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by kikake: 1:01am On Feb 20
Chukwuka319:
So this ill wind of hunger from BAT administration has even blown upon the wild animals in Nigerian zoos.
Lions are naturally dangerous to humans,but no wild animal in Africa kills more humans,than the herbivorous but extremely aggressive Hippopotamus.
Hippos kill twice more people in Africa,than African lions and Nile crocodiles put together, and rank on the world's Guinness record as Africa's deadliest animal.
Worldwide,snakes claim more human lives than sharks, crocodiles,tigers,lions,bees, jellyfish,blue ringed octopus, stonefish and other deadly animals,combined.

It's just yesterday that I learnt that snakes kill more human beings in the world than any other animal.

Snakes are the most foolish wild animals on earth. Other wide animals avoid human habitation but snakes wander into human habitation.

Look at snake's small head. The amount of brain in the head of a snake must be very small.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by BOYS2MEN: 1:26am On Feb 20
“The University management has sent a delegation to the widow and children of the deceased, imploring them to take solace in God who gives life and also has the power to take life.”... grin..
But then what if it were the same God that provided food for the hungry lion? ..
Hardamz:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/updated-oau-vc-orders-probe-as-lion-kills-zoo-keeper/amp/
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Larryndelaw: 1:27am On Feb 20
Chukwuka319:
So this ill wind of hunger from BAT administration has even blown upon the wild animals in Nigerian zoos.
Lions are naturally dangerous to humans,but no wild animal in Africa kills more humans,than the herbivorous but extremely aggressive Hippopotamus.
Hippos kill twice more people in Africa,than African lions and Nile crocodiles put together, and rank on the world's Guinness record as Africa's deadliest animal.
Worldwide,snakes claim more human lives than sharks, crocodiles,tigers,lions,bees, jellyfish,blue ringed octopus, stonefish and other deadly animals,combined.
So you are still suffering from.your Tragic Loss of the election. Sorry. Your wailing continues till 2031.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by izubext007: 1:33am On Feb 20
Over famiriality don't work with 🦁 🦁 lions
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Soknown: 1:36am On Feb 20
poshestmina:
What exactly are they investigating again?
Why the Lion killed the man ,or who sent it to kill the man?

"Investigations" done suffer for Nigerians hand.

Rest in peace to the man and measures should be taking to prevent reoccurrence.

Yes, there is a lot to investigate. Like why is there a loophole in the safety protocol.

Like what was the lion's temperament and behaviour before the fateful day.

What was his feeding pattern.

There is a lot to investigate and learn from.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Soknown: 1:40am On Feb 20
GanagiBitrus:

Wrong to kill the Lion. They only needed to improve their safety procedures.

It is a standard practice to put down any animal that has killed a human.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Nolevel666: 1:44am On Feb 20
Astra101:
I wouldn't be surprised if safety measures / cautions were blatantly ignored. This is Nigeria were safety is of the Lord kiss

As usual

They always think of you who is reminding them of safety protocols as a coward

What a pity.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Originalsly: 1:48am On Feb 20
Hmmm.... the lion knew him from birth .... I know wild animals can at anytime snap back to their instincts... but in this case I strongly believe not only were safety measures not taken .... but he mistreated that particular lion.... maybe hit it at some point for "being stubborn ".

2 Likes

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by abdsamad(m): 2:21am On Feb 20
Ofcos the "aggressive" lion got "euthanized".

Put a wild animal in a cage then call it wild when it goes wild. Yeah, that's pretty wild
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Ekaka14: 2:36am On Feb 20
Highesschief1:
They should also investigate if the lions are well feed
You're absolutely correct💯
Perhaps they have reviewed the budget for feeding those lions given the current economic situation in the country resulting in rationing of their food🤔
Trust people to say, "Haa ebi n pa wa and una wan kill a whole ogufe for this yeye Lion" ...then boom lion realise say the jungle sorry Nigeria don red
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Ekaka14: 2:37am On Feb 20
abdsamad:
Ofcos the "aggressive" lion got "euthanized".

Put a wild animal in a cage then call it wild when it goes wild. Yeah, that's pretty wild
...and when that happens in the west, its wild west, if it happened previously (UI) then it's now eild, wild west😳 cheesy
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by TheAlchemist: 2:56am On Feb 20
Since he raised the lion from a cub, there are 3 possibilities, the lion attacked because of constantly being under fed, maltreatment or there was never a close bonding right from when the lion was a cub. RIP

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by airsaylongcome: 3:29am On Feb 20
yesloaded:

If they failed to kill him, that might marked the end of all lion in that zoo because the next care taker will definitely poison all the lion go death out of aggression

Mind you, white man might kill such lion too

Ibadan zoo gat no lion as of the last time I visited the place which is 27th December, 2023 I learnt all the lion were dead

How art Ibadan zoo fallen! That zoo that used to house Haruna, the great African Silver back
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by airsaylongcome: 3:45am On Feb 20
themanderon:
You mess with the bull you get the horns. In the case you mess with the lion you get the canine and claws.
There is a reason they are called wild beasts. He just found out albeit too late.

Like the Americans say: fvck about, find out
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Greattha: 3:51am On Feb 20
Most likely.

That and over-familiarity with the wild cats...

The male lion must have felt threatened or somehow seen the man as a threat to the pride..perhaps mating season at its peak hence tensions were rife...however. this was yet another needless death that could've been totally avoided with the right protocols.

Another family in trouble.

RIP to the dead.

matify83:
The hazard of the job.

I suspect some basic safety protocols in safeguarding themselves were taken for granted resulting in this fatal accident.

May his soul rest in peace.

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Miller232: 3:55am On Feb 20
poshestmina:
What exactly are they investigating again?
Why the Lion killed the man ,or who sent it to kill the man?

"Investigations" done suffer for Nigerians hand.

Rest in peace to the man and measures should be taking to prevent reoccurrence.
What if the lion was not well fed maybe that's why it killed the man
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by bentenny(m): 4:02am On Feb 20
The University management has sent a delegation to the widow and children of the deceased, imploring them to take solace in God who gives life and also has the power to take life.
This is clearly a nonsense statement!
A flimsy excuse to cover up for their ineptitude!
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by TechCapon(m): 4:24am On Feb 20
eddynaira125:
Why d man go get direct access with the animal, no be normal throwing things through small holes
sometimes you need to clean up inside the cage and den
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by HRMK: 4:24am On Feb 20
somebody was surely careless here!and must be intentional!thorough investigation must be made!should it even be the unit head that should be feeding the animals?is that right?all the entire staffs of that dept are culpable!they must be investigated individually!very sad!!
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by koyeni(m): 4:30am On Feb 20
yesloaded:

If they failed to kill him, that might marked the end of all lion in that zoo because the next care taker will definitely poison all the lion go death out of aggression

Mind you, white man might kill such lion too

Ibadan zoo gat no lion as of the last time I visited the place which is 27th December, 2023 I learnt all the lion were dead

Why?
I been dy feel those UI lions... strong, agile and good looking....
Compared to Oau zoo where the lions are always looking very hungry. If you enter that oau zoo sef fear go just dy catch you....the management refused to upgrade that place

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 4:32am On Feb 20
WURA in action

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Afe Babalola University Commissions Senate Building - The White Rock / Fake Hushpuppi Defrauds Student Of His Tuition Fee On Twitter / No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.