Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,932 members, 7,835,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation (39279 Views)

VIDEO: Tragic Incident At OAU As Lion Kills Veterinary Technologist / Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Neddstark: 4:35am On Feb 20
Work hazard.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by lordofreal(m): 5:35am On Feb 20
Investigation to know if the man is at fault .so that other can also learn from his mistake.to prevent future incident.
poshestmina:
What exactly are they investigating again?
Why the Lion killed the man ,or who sent it to kill the man?

"Investigations" done suffer for Nigerians hand.

Rest in peace to the man and measures should be taking to prevent reoccurrence.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Babastrong(m): 5:36am On Feb 20
[quote author=Desusi post=128542002]Seriously, this is avoidable death,but why? [when your time is up, something must kill you no
matter how wise or powerful you are]
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by NapoleonHill: 5:36am On Feb 20
richiemcgold:

Just now, I went through some of your past comments on this forum, nearly all of them are laced with insults and very rude expressions. It tells a lot about the kind of person you are.

I'm only provoked to respond when I see an unimaginable absence of common sense in a comment. Howbeit, there's not one unjustified in my comment.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Cutehector(m): 5:36am On Feb 20
richiemcgold:

Don't tell me a whole OAU Zoology doesn't have tranquilizer gun.

lol they dont. They ended up killing the lion.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by pargelenis(m): 5:40am On Feb 20
Tragic loss of life. Obviously a breakdown in protocols
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by ThePythagora: 5:46am On Feb 20
Over familiarity definitely caused this one.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Fearurcreeator: 5:51am On Feb 20
rentAcock:
Very easy case. The deceased family members should sue the school for millions. I'm not a lawyer but a very good lawyer would ask the school to provide daily records showing how much food the lion is being fed daily and then compare it to the recommended daily nutritional requirements of a fully grown lion both in the wild and in captivity. If it turns out that the lion is underfed and malnourished, this will be a slam dunk case. The lawyer can also bring up a wrongful death and death by gross negligence charge against the school for not having the proper safety measures in place for this man to carry out his work safely.

Condolences to the family members but if they play this right, It could be a windfall upwards of N800 Million.
You fit go call your lawyer na... Lion wey no eat the man ... I probably the man over did so make them sue the family too say the man wan spoil their own name too... Some of you ehn...
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Fearurcreeator: 5:52am On Feb 20
rentAcock:
Very easy case. The deceased family members should sue the school for millions. I'm not a lawyer but a very good lawyer would ask the school to provide daily records showing how much food the lion is being fed daily and then compare it to the recommended daily nutritional requirements of a fully grown lion both in the wild and in captivity. If it turns out that the lion is underfed and malnourished, this will be a slam dunk case. The lawyer can also bring up a wrongful death and death by gross negligence charge against the school for not having the proper safety measures in place for this man to carry out his work safely.

Condolences to the family members but if they play this right, It could be a windfall upwards of N800 Million.
You fit go call your lawyer na... Lion wey no eat the man ... It probably the man over did so make them sue the family too say the man wan spoil their own name too... Some of you ehn...
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by alizma: 5:53am On Feb 20
matify83:
The hazard of the job.

I suspect some basic safety protocols in safeguarding themselves were taken for granted resulting in this fatal accident.

May his soul rest in peace.

The man would be like, these have been my pets for 9yrs. unfortunately he forgot they are called animal for some reasons.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Bluntemperor: 6:01am On Feb 20
Astra101:
I wouldn't be surprised if safety measures / cautions were blatantly ignored. This is Nigeria were safety is of the Lord kiss
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Chukwuka319(m): 6:11am On Feb 20
Larryndelaw:
So you are still suffering from.your Tragic Loss of the election. Sorry. Your wailing continues till 2031.
Yes oo! My darling rabid dog, do you need anti rabies vaccination?
Keep barking and foaming at the mouth,dear dog.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Chukwuka319(m): 6:14am On Feb 20
Asswipemod:

This thing is becoming a mental illness.
Eeyah,so you are actually mentally imbalanced.I will get chains and padlock and arrange confinement in a mental home.
Stupid idiot of a waste pipe.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Chukwuka319(m): 6:15am On Feb 20
hardbody:

But Tilumbu kills more than all of em put together...
😂😂 I swear.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Chukwuka319(m): 6:17am On Feb 20
just2endowed:

You forgot to tagged the female mosquitoes
Yes, oo my brother. Female Anopheles mosquito and snakes,I don't know which is the worst.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Chukwuka319(m): 6:20am On Feb 20
Damaria2:

Yet the smallest of them all -the mosquito- holds the world record for the most deadliest animal in the world.

It's not how big. It's what you're made of
True, my brother.The female Anopheles mosquito may be tiny but it has killed millions of people worldwide with the malaria causing protozoan Plasmodium, which it transmits by an infected bite.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Clinghton: 6:22am On Feb 20
Seems like the meal has been reduced the beast couldn't take it so it had to add to it's meal.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Sirianese: 6:26am On Feb 20
Calibrator:
Once a wild big cat like lions, leopards, tiger and the rest have a taste of human flesh..... They must be put down or else they will keep coming back for more and start preying on humans....

In the olden days, if a village loses one of theirs to a big cat, they will organise a search party and won't rest till the big cat is dead, if not, trouble looms!

Yeah because human flesh is the sweetest meat, sweeter than monkey meat. It's naturally salty and of course it carries the complex flavour of all the good things we eat mixed together.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by luckyz4rea(m): 6:42am On Feb 20
Even abroad with experience and expertise, they won’t enter the lion enclosure to feed them. He probably didn’t think of safety first.

I think we get too used to danger because we’ve not been hurt, thinking it will continue that way.

How there was no tranquilizer or something to disrupt the attack is what I don’t understand in this time and age. A university for that matter.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Ficeo(m): 6:54am On Feb 20
Chai... This harsh situation has affected the Lion ooo! But wait ooo! The University management has sent a delegation to the widow and children of the deceased, imploring them to take solace in God who gives life and also has the power to take life.”
What has God gat to do with this? Africa and religion ehhh Lol!
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by CTete: 6:57am On Feb 20
This is so sad. On a second thought, hope he was not influenced by the video of these Arab guys playing with wild cats?
My condolences to his family
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Vicana: 7:00am On Feb 20
Thats what animals do, that's why they are called animals. Some humans are also animals, killing those that have been helping them.
Animals, weda Animal Animals or human Animals would always be Animals.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Kajaard: 7:08am On Feb 20
They just killed the innocent Lion for the carelessness of a human.

Same way they killed Harambe the gorilla in the US.

You can't kill a wild animal for doing what wild animals do. Most especially when it was the human's fault that caused the unfortunate contact.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by richiemcgold: 7:19am On Feb 20
NapoleonHill:

I'm only provoked to respond when I see an unimaginable absence of common sense in a comment. Howbeit, there's not one unjustified in my comment.

A sane man is not easily provoked. You're probably insane. If you continue your miserable life like this, you'll soon find yourself in shackles. Mark my word.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 7:32am On Feb 20
STEWpid:
Chai..

Hunger breeze don blow reach lions too?

So, ebi m pa awon ekun naa??

Lion is not 'ekun.' It's 'Kinihun.' Ẹkun is Leopard 🐆

Amotekun - cheetah.

Tiger - no Yoruba name for it as it is not indigenous to our region.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by blunt2dcore(m): 7:32am On Feb 20
Wild animals that are weaned from birth and bred till adulthood should always be treated as wild animals.Lions as we all know are territorial. The lions at a stage in development sees their master as a rival, a challenger despite being their master. This will always result in the thirst to take over his territory as the King of the jungle. This probably might have happened resulting in this tragic death. Negligence of safety procedures could also be responsible for this avoidable tragedy. In feeding of wild animals like lions, a trap cage is opened and the lions are locked in first while the meal is served, afterwards the cage is opened for them to access their meal. Recovery measure such as zoo harmed security men seems out of sight, because the lion could have been shot immediately to rescue the victim.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by charleskl(m): 7:35am On Feb 20
Hmm..it was a woman who was on duty the lion attacked....the man only came 2 rescue her
thesicilian:

Of course that's what always happens.
He probably felt since he's been feeding them for years they now know him.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 7:38am On Feb 20
poshestmina:
What exactly are they investigating again?
Why the Lion killed the man ,or who sent it to kill the man?

"Investigations" done suffer for Nigerians hand.

Rest in peace to the man and measures should be taking to prevent reoccurrence.

Investigation will probably prescribe the safety measures you talked about in your last paragraph. Investigation is important as it aids proper documentation of how the incident occurred, critique of existing protocols, with defaults (if any leading to the incident) getting sanctioned. It's only in Africa that we close down case, saying "what again" as you've said. This has made our institutions weak and processes unscientific!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 7:43am On Feb 20
rentAcock:

This is like shooting into the wind. You think the Zoo mgt would internally produce an information document that could lead to self implication? Dey play! Except you actually bring in external forensic investigators, you may not get what you're looking for.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Fearurcreeator: 7:49am On Feb 20
alizma:

The man would be like, these have been my pets for 9yrs. unfortunately he forgot they are called animal for some reasons.
I have been to that zoo before .. it was 2005 the door to the lion's was left opened ... I have never ran like that my whole life.... I and my friends ran to the gate not stopping at till will got to the zoo entrance ... It was there we were told no lion was there... We were like at least close the door na ... So one day lion go kill person there ... I think this will be the second to time it's happening there cus we heard then too a Lion also escaped to zoo to the academic area

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 7:51am On Feb 20
Tzar:
Ekun is tiger… omo Yoruba!
Lion is kiniun.

Ẹkùn is leopard, not tiger. Tigers are not indigenous to your region and therefore not known to our forefathers
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Agunesinjaweola: 7:53am On Feb 20
You' can expect that the food is likely to be rationed in Nigeria Zoo now especially costs of fresh meat 🥓🍖 for animals with dwindling gate fees.
Unfortunately, the facility is still the same when I visited Ife varsity Zoo over 40 years ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

University Of Ilorin Sandwich(part-time) Application Form Is Out / Ifesinachi Nelson Ezeh Graduates In Russia With CGPA 5.0 In Masters Degree. / About Adegoke Olubummo: Nigeria’s First Professor Of Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.