Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation (39139 Views)

VIDEO: Tragic Incident At OAU As Lion Kills Veterinary Technologist / Photo Of Olabode Olawuyi, OAU Zookeeper Killed By Lion During Feeding / Child Abuse At Deeper Life College: Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Orders Investigation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Agunesinjaweola: 7:56am On Feb 20
IbnB:

Sense no go kill you bro

That lion was born in his custody, he probably bottle-fed it as a cub. Absolutely no reason for it to turn on him unless it was consistently, inadequately fed
But Lion 🦁 no be his pikin and no gree for anyone.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 7:58am On Feb 20
Kajaard:
They just killed the innocent Lion for the carelessness of a human.

Same way they killed Harambe the gorilla in the US.

You can't kill a wild animal for doing what wild animals do. Most especially when it was the human's fault that caused the unfortunate contact.

Innocent? This is not woke reasoning, it's foolishness abeg!
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by D1Wonder(m): 8:00am On Feb 20
Medicine after death. Typical Nigeria. Always reactive. No Safeguard. No anticipatory safety plans.

Look at the man again. So sad. His life is at the mercy of the predator. Even the door safety latches are not secured.

One man gone down too early.

Now.

The VC will show up. He never showed up for the safety measures required to safeguard life of the staff prior to the accident.

The Prof in charge of Vet Med is hurriedly preparing safety budget and burial expenses to be immediately disbursed now that the man is dead. The zoo basic budget is still in bureaucratic basket waiting for bribery or begging to be approved.

The feeding budget has been so stolen it makes the lion goes hungry to attack the keeper.

Sleeping Non academic staff will now wake up to know now there is no safety in place for their members.

The church and the mosque will chorus "Amuwa Olorun ni".

The Visitor and NUC will institute a probe and spend money not released for safety to conduct jamboree visit and fake condolences and promises that will never be kept.

The L M platform will absolve APC leadership of the accident.

We are a nation whose acts come after the mishap. We remove subsidy without thinking of 2nd level consequences.

So sad for the wife, the children and the families left behind by this man. My condolences. They will soon be abadadoned.

We are a nation of selective amnesia. We will soon forget. Everything in that zoo will go back to normal. We will react again when the next man is killed.

We do the same thing same way over and over again expecting magic, prayers and wailing to transform our nation.

Let me ask.

Who is next?

"Mo ta'ka osi danu", he quickly retorts.

What will make you the next victim is not the lion in the zoo but your sleeping in the jungle thinking you are insulated from misgovernance.

PDA - I write that a man will have a better story to tell.

Dayo Adeyemi - Nothing is impossible when empowered

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by RALPHOW(m): 8:02am On Feb 20
Too much familiarity with wide animals always lead to negligence.
May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Kajaard: 8:03am On Feb 20
EleventhWeirdo:

Innocent? This is not woke reasoning, it's foolishness abeg!

If you lack brain cells it will do you well never to give me a mention in the future.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by BondRiv: 8:11am On Feb 20
Stop interfering with nature. Leave these animals alone in the wild. Stop keeping them in a zoo.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by EleventhWeirdo: 8:26am On Feb 20
Kajaard:

If you lack brain cells it will do you well never to give me a mention in the future.

Hahaha sorry that your steeped!ty got exposed
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by jaxxy(m): 8:31am On Feb 20
faceland:
Male WILD animals in captivity must be broken or they would one day challenge their master.

That man raised that lion

Raising or breeding lions isn't like Raising dogs, u cannot raise a lion to just fear u cos one day it will build courage to attack u. It must be Raised on mutual respect.

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by gassbee: 8:35am On Feb 20
sylve11:
Wild animals? I avoid them at all cost.
cool
bros just d face of d animal alone is enough for me to take off
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Kajaard: 8:57am On Feb 20
EleventhWeirdo:

Hahaha sorry that your steeped!ty got exposed

Bloody illiterate. I can see Tinubu's government is happening to you cheesy
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Tzar(m): 9:03am On Feb 20
Leopard is Amotekun bro.
Check the logo of the Amotekun Corps
EleventhWeirdo:

Ẹkùn is leopard, not tiger. Tigers are not indigenous to your region and therefore not known to our forefathers

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Patojargz: 9:44am On Feb 20
May hazard of our work never take our lives!!!

1 Like

Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by STEWpid(f): 10:40am On Feb 20
EleventhWeirdo:

Lion is not 'ekun.' It's 'Kinihun.' Ẹkun is Leopard 🐆

Amotekun - cheetah.

Tiger - no Yoruba name for it as it is not indigenous to our region.

Thanks.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by toygod2: 10:44am On Feb 20
I feel saddened by this occurence
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by faceland: 12:02pm On Feb 20
AfroBeatDiary:

You're right, I've seen a male Rottweiler dog of about a year held a family hostage, the family that raised him.

That lion was angry. Bit the neck (killed him), didn't eat him because he saw him as family.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by faceland: 12:13pm On Feb 20
jaxxy:

Raising or breeding lions isn't like Raising dogs, u cannot raise a lion to just fear u cos one day it will build courage to attack u. It must be Raised on mutual respect.

Dangerous job. He would have to spend hours daily with it to bond to that level.
The wild animal has instinct too so slightest shift and it would jump/chase.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Love800(m): 12:51pm On Feb 20
Jesus!
Dis life.

I dont even talk outside again.
And i follow anyone with so much sense and thinking. My no is no and my yes is yes.
MisterBanny:

Oga, there are lots to investigate about.
His colleagues could have set him up by denying him some safety equipment before he went there that day? Things dey happen o guy.

Do u know how some NEPA staff die from Electrocution?
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by adeniran22890: 1:20pm On Feb 20
What a sad way to get wasted, ended, and rested.He was putting up with the current situation in the country… and now this…What a sad way to get wasted, ended, and rested.He was putting up with the current situation in the country… and now this…...
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Exceed15: 2:44pm On Feb 20
Even in Europe. They throw prey to them to eat alive. I think he thought they were still used to him. It's a sad Story.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by godofuck231: 3:00pm On Feb 20
IbnB:

Shango na im go kill your worthless, cursed father who failed to raise you right

Amadioha will scatter the madwoman's pussy that gave birth to an abomination like you

Bastard dog
oh dear , someone grab him some tissue pleaseeee, oh so emotional
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Fujiyama: 3:22pm On Feb 20
vickthourh:
Brother... He has been feeding the animal since birth, so the animal knows him too well.. It's hunger oooo

^^^
Really?

That's interesting. It seems you are familiar with OAU and/or you got your information from a credible source.

It would be good if you could get us more info on exactly what happened. Most of us commenting on here are speculating (and quite wildly too!) so it would be great if someone with the facts could set things straight.

Even if it is true that the deceased fed the lion from birth, the normal practice in zoological gardens is to cancel all direct human contact once cubs in captivity are above a few months old...and are starting to grow into sub-adults. I personally do not believe the deceased was permitted by OAU rules to go into the enclosure with the lion in it...once cubs reach the sub-adult stage they can maim or severely maul a human being and it is no longer safe to allow direct human contact - not to talk of a 9 year old lion. Although not all zoos have the same policies, safety protocols in general do not usually allow humans into the same enclosure as the animal unless the animal has been sedated.
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by Nmezor(f): 3:51pm On Feb 20
Really sad, may his soul rest on. Amen
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by siant: 5:55pm On Feb 20
poshestmina:
What exactly are they investigating again?
Why the Lion killed the man ,or who sent it to kill the man?

"Investigations" done suffer for Nigerians hand.

Rest in peace to the man and measures should be taking to prevent reoccurrence.
You have already said what they are investigating.
'Measures to prevent reoccurrence'
Re: Lion Kills OAU Staff, VC Orders Investigation by samotee: 7:10pm On Feb 20
Lion is not Ekun.
Lion is Kiniun.

RIP to the deceased.

STEWpid:
Chai..

Hunger breeze don blow reach lions too?

So, ebi m pa awon ekun naa??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

No Date For School Resumption Yet - FG / Aarinola Olaiya Blessing Graduates From Obafemi Awolowo University (Photos) / Michael Okpara University Final Year Students Spray Cash After Final Paper (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.