Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,777 members, 7,813,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped (30753 Views)

Gbajabiamila To Tinubu: You’re An Eagle, Where You Are Going Is Destined (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:19pm On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.

Unofficial import or export, that's what smuggling has always been about.

Who educated you?

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by justking(m): 2:37pm On Feb 20
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by chopnaira: 2:38pm On Feb 20
The Niger republic are mostly same tribe as Northern Nigeria. They are brothers. It's all about loyalty to their Niger republic brothers over the strange people of the South.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by slimthugchimee2(m): 2:50pm On Feb 20
Judolisco:
they'll simply pass another route.... D number 1 problem we have in dis country is loosed borders.... Plus I don't know why people are changing dis narrative...

There is food in Nigeria... People don't jst have money to buy... It's money problem we have not food shortage

Not money problem if not govt can just print more money

One major problem is logistics of that food

Imagine transporting just one trailer of rice from borno to portharcourt, and it will take a week
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Judolisco(m): 2:57pm On Feb 20
slimthugchimee2:

Not money problem if not govt can just print more money

One major problem is logistics of that food

Imagine transporting just one trailer of rice from borno to portharcourt, and it will take a week
u don't grab..... Cash is not scarcity, I'm not talking about cash scarcity.... Since d removal of fuel subsidy, d prices of food have skyrocketed..... Prices of food have tripled while people still earn the same salary,hence they can't afford it....
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by dNortherner(m): 2:59pm On Feb 20
Paraman:
They are both economy sabotage
Yes of course it's also an economic sabotage but the grains doesn't belongs to you and I or the government.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by JagabanB: 3:00pm On Feb 20
poseidon12:

It is called capitalism. If you prefer communism, you better move to Cuba.
We are all enjoying it already so why are u guys móàning about soaring prices?
It is same lgb0s that móàñ the most.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by commoditiesnig: 3:10pm On Feb 20
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by PHAYOL81: 3:11pm On Feb 20
The worst enemies of this country are actually the citizens in it. Everyone keeps contributing his/er best towards the decay either wittingly or unwittingly.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Winning123: 3:12pm On Feb 20
Judolisco:
they'll simply pass another route.... D number 1 problem we have in dis country is loosed borders.... Plus I don't know why people are changing dis narrative...

There is food in Nigeria... People don't jst have money to buy... It's money problem we have not food shortage

Olodo! How much do you have in your account. It is not money problem but food shortages. We have over bloated population as well. Many of you ignorant people keep shouting Jonathan time. What was the population then compared to now.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Judolisco(m): 3:25pm On Feb 20
Winning123:

Olodo! How much do you have in your account. It is not money problem but food shortages. We have over bloated population as well. Many of you ignorant people keep shouting Jonathan time. What was the population then compared to now.
wetin dis one dey talk now
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by a4cube: 3:26pm On Feb 20
Why did they stop them. Nigerians under emiloka can't afford the food so instead of leaving it in Nigeria to rot away the owners can take them to Niger or Bokina Faso where their leaders seems to be getting it right recently.

Nigerians are poorer now especially those indigenous of SW.😃😀😆
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Paraman: 3:32pm On Feb 20
dNortherner:
Yes of course it's also an economic sabotage but the grains doesn't belongs to you and I or the government.
So you don't know the Nigerian Government has banned selling of foodstuffs and totally close the boarder since the military took over in Niger? The grains should have been confiscated

The people who ow oil can also claim it's on their soil so it belongs to them
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by amazinghomez09: 3:47pm On Feb 20
Paraman:
They were just turned back but the Nigerian military is bombing and killing people who are stealing crude oil... But this ones were just turned back even though they are sabotaging the Nigerian economy just like oil thieves.
I dnt know what you mean by sabotage cos it is pure business decision make your currency valuable and see if this wnt stop the sole aim of any business is to make profit
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Paraman: 3:51pm On Feb 20
amazinghomez09:

I dnt know what you mean by sabotage cos it is pure business decision make your currency valuable and see if this wnt stop the sole aim of any business is to make profit
exporting grains to Niger republic has been banned by the FG
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by KORLAR(m): 4:34pm On Feb 20
Paraman:
They are both breaking the law, there's no difference.

It seems you're hell-bent on supporting criminality.

Tell me the law the person exporting his goods has broken.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Paraman: 4:36pm On Feb 20
KORLAR:

It seems you're hell-bent on supporting criminality.

Tell me the law the person exporting his goods has broken.
Don't you know exporting anything to Niger republic is ban by the Nigerian government since military take over in Niger ?
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Coolgent(m): 4:52pm On Feb 20
Femmyfamous4u:
I thought the borders are closed?
They are closed but with money you can clear your goods. No thanks to Customs, Police, Immigration etc
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by bishopandy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20
Hope you read what you wrote before you posted it. The grains were not stolen. Yet you went ahead saying they are killing those stealing crude. Emphasis on the word stealing. So I guess you got your answer from your analysis
Paraman:
They were just turned back but the Nigerian military is bombing and killing people who are stealing crude oil... But this ones were just turned back even though they are sabotaging the Nigerian economy just like oil thieves.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by optionalY09: 5:23pm On Feb 20
Madups:
You be the defintion of a total f0ol.

i am exactly like your father.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by KORLAR(m): 5:25pm On Feb 20
Paraman:
Don't you know exporting anything to Niger republic is ban by the Nigerian government since military take over in Niger ?

Nigeria didn't ban exports to Niger republic.
If you have evidence that states otherwise, please point it out to me.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Affairmatn: 5:25pm On Feb 20
Pls my dear people I tell I am starving to death, I have been unable to go to work for 3 days and since yesterday morning I havent even eaten, I'm not lying I hadly beg but this time I have no where to go to am so hungry pls something should help me plsss let this hungry don't consume me cos am so weak 8131 846772 ...opay Tola odulana God will replenish you more Amen.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by SaLongs1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20
chiagozien:
You can't tell people where to sell their products
Very doon you will japa without a passport as well.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Paraman: 6:41pm On Feb 20
KORLAR:

Nigeria didn't ban exports to Niger republic.
If you have evidence that states otherwise, please point it out to me.
Nigeria border was close by Tinubu immediately the juntas took over in Niger republic. No trades is suppose to happen between Niger and Nigeria because our borders are close.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:20pm On Feb 20
matify83:
I love how this officials handled the situation.

No arrests.

Just go and sell it back into the system and recoup your money finito!
Its a bad way to discourage bad behavior.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Osolo1(m): 7:29pm On Feb 20
When you critically observe all the recent happenings and the way we tye everything to the dollar rise in exchange to the naira, high cost of food items, attacks on farmers from all farming communities and now exporting/ smuggling of the insufficient foodstuff to Neighboring countries at this critical times, it only points to saboteurs at work here and they really mean business, unless the people and government rise against them urgently.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by bizzibodi(m): 8:16pm On Feb 20
If BAT has not close Niger border over niger coup food will not have been scarce in Niger warranting Nigeriens to mop up our food supply.now Nigerian farmers, middlemen makes huge profit selling food to Niger than nigeria.people in power need to thought out their policies be implementation.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by bizzibodi(m): 8:20pm On Feb 20
If Nigeria is not a useless country this kind of move would have been called Export not smuggling to earn dollars from Niger but Nigerian marketers proffered to be paid in CFA because naira is useless.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by adekolaelect(m): 8:35pm On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.
what is exportation when boarders are closed?

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by adekolaelect(m): 8:36pm On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.
Oga lean better criticism!!! What exportation when borders are closed?

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by tonyshine01: 2:45am On Feb 21
Shettima said 45, now we are seeing 50. Abi poster na APC gang member?

Everything about APC na audio.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by KORLAR(m): 7:49am On Feb 21
Paraman:
Nigeria border was close by Tinubu immediately the juntas took over in Niger republic. No trades is suppose to happen between Niger and Nigeria because our borders are close.

Thank you for the info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prosecutor Is Loosing The Battle Against Saraki / Ese-Odo Ondo Secretariat Sealed With Juju Over Secretary Appointment(pics / Pastor Tunde Bakare: I Will Become President Like Joe Biden In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.