Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped (30762 Views)

Gbajabiamila To Tinubu: You’re An Eagle, Where You Are Going Is Destined / Police Officers Arrested By Edo Vigilante For Transporting Illicit Weed (Video) / Shettima Yerima: Tinubu Destined To Be A Kingmaker, Not A King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:35am On Feb 20
Northerners don't do evil to their fellow brothers, they are partner in crime.
YINKS89:
Those goods are suppose to be confiscated and shared freely to serve as a lesson to others.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Empredboy(m): 10:35am On Feb 20
Shabi you people wanted to produce what you eat then export to earn Dollars? Why are you people confuse of export?
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by COMPAQ(m): 10:36am On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.

Oh o!!! Is ECOWAS not a free trade zone for members. if I want to carry my goods to any ECOWAS country to sell, since when is that smuggling?
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Tallesty1(m): 10:37am On Feb 20
JagabanB:

This lgb0 ideology of "you cañ't tell people where to sell their products", "you can't tell people what price to sell their products" is a major player in economic faiIures in Nigerîà.
U can go to SE, buy something for #10, go to north where Hausa-Fulani is dominating and buy same item for #6.
But u will all come back to bIame government for soaring prices but u don't want price and quality control.
So if everyone decides to move their grains to neighboring countries because "you cañ't tell people where go sell their products" how do u think u will survive?
Transport the same item down to east, pay for produce at all their check points, pay soldiers at all their check points, pay for transportation and sell it N6 let's see if you can afford tfare back to north again.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Realdeals(m): 10:37am On Feb 20
Exporting to a country that ban flight to and fro Nigeria from their airspace.

2 Likes

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Litmus: 10:38am On Feb 20
I didn't conjure the following, I read it in some UN or WHO literature years ago, during my undergraduate years: the upshot was that the presence of Nigeria in West Africa was why the West Africa region hadn't experienced an Ethiopia scale famine.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Exousiang01: 10:42am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
You can't tell people where to sell their products
Go school una no go gree.
Even illiterate old people in the village attend designated markets on the market days. At their level they understand that you can't go about selling you good anyhow and anywhere...
So my brother you see that illiterate old women in the villages know better than you?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Saidfx(m): 10:44am On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.

Niger Republic has been expelled from ECOWAS

They are officially declared as illegal trade partners with any Nigerian or ECOWAS citizen. I think AU too but not sure

2 Likes

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by gbangban1: 10:44am On Feb 20
[quote author=matify83 post=128548137]I love how this officials handled the situation.

No arrests.

Just go and sell it back into the system and recoup your money finito!

If nah MC boyz they will end up thief am , claiming that they seized am
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Bahamas95(m): 10:44am On Feb 20
Khaki guys should come and take over, we ain't ready for civilian rule.

Traders will just wake up in the morning and start calling their colleagues to inflate prices of commodities. The annoying thing is that government isn't doing anything about this devilish act......I always say this, Nigerian masses are the most wicked people on earth.

They take advantage of every situation to punish their neighbours but on sunday and friday you will see them with big bible and koran going to church/mosque.

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by NEIGHBOUR(m): 10:48am On Feb 20
[quote author=LARRYOBRAIN post=128549008]Another fraudster on nairaland.

They are many here seeking who to destroy. @Greatdober with the name Daniel Akachukwu based in Enugu is also one of them. He is always changing his monicker but can't change his name. Please run from him He falsely claimed to be into Fx trading.

2 Likes

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Goke7: 10:49am On Feb 20
I thought Niger does not want to have anything to do with Nigeria again since ecowas to them is useless.

Hypocrites. If they truly want to have nothing to do with Ecowas they should try hunger

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Mydazz(m): 10:54am On Feb 20
People committing economic sabotage were "simply instructed to head back to their local areas and offer the goods for sale at reasonable prices"
Men from the North, no need for investigation into who owns this and how long this has been going on, particularly at this time.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Meteng: 10:56am On Feb 20
Chijeep:
Take it or leave...
Democracy is not fit for Nigeria.

Nobody dear try this for Abacha regime...?
Ahswear

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by teadrake(m): 10:57am On Feb 20
PortHarcourtcit:
Some people in north are seriously sabotaging the administration of Bola Ahmed Tinubu...
I reside in the North and I can confirm what you asserted
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by psucc(m): 10:58am On Feb 20
Propaganda. 50trucks. Were they on a convoy?
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by trutht828: 10:58am On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.

Transporting crude oil across the border to Cameroon without necessary documents, leading to extreme fuel scarcity, is also export, not smuggling

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by TOPCRUISE(m): 11:00am On Feb 20
In other words go and sell at a loss.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Otolomo1(m): 11:01am On Feb 20
You people will think you doing the government while you don't know that you are only doing yourself...
Tell me how much they may be sell trailer of rice that TINUBU OR HIS SON won't afford...
Even if na export, Is it Time for us should be exporting what we don't have in surplus?
Before your state governor can of hungry, hundred of it citizen will have die before...
Just reason dey talk... It not a matter of politics any longer... It now a matter of our own wellbeing...
How sure are you that we cant be in this kind of process if it were candidate that won the election
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Lekan239(m): 11:08am On Feb 20
Paraman:
They were just turned back but the Nigerian military is bombing and killing people who are stealing crude oil... But this ones were just turned back even though they are sabotaging the Nigerian economy just like oil thieves.
this people lol. Una go sha find something to use talk
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Pootle: 11:09am On Feb 20
joelbooks:

Yes, border is closed

dont mind him a closed border means they where been smuggled
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Lanretoye(m): 11:11am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
this one too will still come and say country hard,upon scarcity of food items in the country,some people are smuggling across a closed boarder and this double minded one is saying rubbish.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Sleekfingers: 11:20am On Feb 20
joelbooks:

https://punchng.com/50-niger-republic-bound-food-trucks-intercepted-in-zamfara/?amp

If it was in the south. They will confiscate the goods and arrest the drivers.

Useless country with double standard.

Nigeria has cut ties with Niger Republic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Sleekfingers: 11:21am On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.

Exporting to a country, that is currently our enemy, is that not smuggling?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by gbangban1: 11:22am On Feb 20
adecz:

Displaying your ignorance here [[color=#006600][/color]

Nigeria no longer wants to engage
in exporting❓❓❓
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Sannisege: 11:24am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
Ehen even after you supplied them with fertilizers?

2 Likes

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by mastermaestro(m): 11:25am On Feb 20
Judolisco:
they'll simply pass another route.... D number 1 problem we have in dis country is loosed borders.... Plus I don't know why people are changing dis narrative...

There is food in Nigeria... People don't jst have money to buy... It's money problem we have not food shortage

I too almost became confused at the confusion being peddled around. There is no food shortage. Purchasing power is what has seriously weakened. Go round markets, food items are everywhere in large quantities. People don't just have enough money to buy.
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by OctavianAC(m): 11:25am On Feb 20
jmoore:
Export is now smuggling.
Don't you know that the present government and ECOWAS has stop traders from exporting to Niger Republic and the three junta State and close their boarder to them?

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Rhassidy360: 11:27am On Feb 20
chiagozien:
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Badgers14: 11:29am On Feb 20
Chijeep:
Take it or leave...
Democracy is not fit for Nigeria.

Nobody dear try this for Abacha regime...?

They will be fed to crocodiles straight!

Abacha's regime wasn't perfect but the economy was bouyant.. Abacha rarely left the country.

He's dead for more than 20yrs now and his loots keep coming back grin

1 Like

Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by idrezee(m): 11:29am On Feb 20
Judolisco:
they'll simply pass another route.... D number 1 problem we have in dis country is loosed borders.... Plus I don't know why people are changing dis narrative...

There is food in Nigeria... People don't jst have money to buy... It's money problem we have not food shortage

The more food we have the cheaper it becomes. Common sense is truly not common
Re: Fifty Trucks Transporting Food Items Destined For The Niger Republic Stopped by Roger3D(m): 11:31am On Feb 20
Paraman:
They were just turned back but the Nigerian military is bombing and killing people who are stealing crude oil... But this ones were just turned back even though they are sabotaging the Nigerian economy just like oil thieves.
The crude oil is the property of the Nigerian government while the food is the personal property of the traders. Don't tell me you're too slow to know the difference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Re-run Elections: Nigerians In 5 States Vote (LIVE UPDATES) / As Forest Guards Come Alive In Enugu / Buhari Meets Chinese President, Xi Jinping (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.