Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading (12742 Views)

House Of Representatives Passes 2022 Budget / House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) / State Police: House Of Representatives To Introduce Bill Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by TruthsFM: 3:21pm On Feb 20
Good one from them. Besides it’s restructuring Nigerians want
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by oluwaseyi0: 3:21pm On Feb 20
What we need is regional police not state

most states are too weak financially to run their own police

but states of the same region pulling resources together to create a force will be more viable and strong

otherwise what you wil have is governor's tool, and in the North low key boko haram aka Hisbah

4 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Opintiwa: 3:21pm On Feb 20
LegendHero:
I like Tinubu. He is implementing everything analysts have been crying about for decades.

Fake Rolex poor boy how body ?
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by ZKOSOSO(m): 3:21pm On Feb 20
Best Bill in the history of Nigeria 🇳🇬

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Creditalerts: 3:22pm On Feb 20
grin
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Princedapace(m): 3:23pm On Feb 20
Kenochi:
I want to start by commending our House of Reps for taking the bull by the horn,Democracy is a responsive type of government,the government listens to the people and act based on the feedback
The people have been clamouring for state police,the State Governors are just figureheads and can't act to defend their people
States where bandits, kidnappers and ritualists are having a field day will begin to know that the people are ready to defend their terroritites using what is available to them
I am not saying that everything will be perfect but this is one step in the right direction,all policing is local and nothing stops states from having inter state exchange of personnel and intelligence
Our police force is already stretched thin,and the truth is locals don't trust the police to defend them

I encourage the House of Reps to go the whole hog and look at the structure of financing in present day Nigeria,the Federal Government collects too much money and as far as I am concerned do very little
Let the people's house look at reducing the funds at the central and give more money to the Local Governments,this are the closest governments to the people and they must begin to act as the Engine room for reforms and Economic growths
If we get it right at the Local Governments,we will begin to see wealth at lower end of the pyramid and remove more people from endemic poverty

I have said it before that the federal govt is useless to Nigerians. Collects a lot of money while the state which is closer to the people have little or nothing to work. Completely decentralize Nigeria and see Nigeria work. Infact, make regions run their own league and invite other states to particpate, there will be mad competition and Nigerians will enjoy.
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by LeeSmart: 3:25pm On Feb 20
ArewaNightmare:
grin our governors should not misuse this
Na my fears be that, oppositions go suffer enhh
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Orlu13: 3:26pm On Feb 20
TimeManager:
History will be kind to Tinubu, he'd be remembered as the best president yet Nigeria has had. Restructuring is taking a gradual shape, signing into law the bill for states to general their own electricity and more to come with the constitutional review we're getting there.

-kiss the the truth

kiss d truth kill u there.. otele angry

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by tj2018: 3:29pm On Feb 20
I can bet you, this is the worst decision ever. how is state INEC. The politicians are scared that if there is an uprising the current number of Police we have can not control the crowd. It is only for selfish reasons. For sure this will be abused grossly
TimeManager:
History will be kind to Tinubu, he'd be remembered as the best president yet Nigeria has had. Restructuring is taking a gradual shape, signing into law the bill for states to general their own electricity and more to come with the constitutional review we're getting there.

-kiss the truth!

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by dettolgel: 3:29pm On Feb 20
post=128553971:

You are right from the perspective you are coming from also Mytime,
We believed that Our politicians are not civilised enough and tolerant of opposing views and cannot preside over a competent and impartial police force
Cos we remembered,
When in 2018 there was a summit to consider the establishment of State Police, there was a counter argument by the late Abubakar Tsav, a retired police commissioner, that the establishment of state police will signal the beginning of the disintegration of the country, as governors would use the institution “against their perceived political opponents.”
State and federal police commands are also likely to work at cross-purpose.

Our additional reasons of concern are that we have very serious ethnic and religious divides in the country at this time and many governors believe that if they have their own police, they can deal with the other.
For example, the pastoralists and farmers conflicts have been intensifying in many states and some governors have clear proclivities of seeking to expel or protect pastoralists in their states, opening the doors to a new dimension of identity conflicts that would deepen the crisis facing the Nigerian state today.

All said and done,
It will bring more good than bad.

A better Nigeria 🇳🇬 all around is all we want at MANNABBQGRlLLS.
We Rise ✔️

It maybe that APC is destined to destroy Nigeria. I understand that most of their policies ain't working rushing to create state police as a quick victory is nothing short of disaster.

In as much as this is needed but I don't think this is the right time for such.
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Sleekfingers: 3:29pm On Feb 20
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Charly68: 3:30pm On Feb 20
Things Buhari should have done but refused and allowed many lives to be wasted . He will give account to God at the right time

3 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by ProphetMohemmad: 3:30pm On Feb 20
All these fulaNi s now, will be shitting on their pants, More legal ways to exterminate those islamic vermins.

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by ERockson: 3:31pm On Feb 20
Good one.
Anyway

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by EmperorCaesar(m): 3:31pm On Feb 20
Astra101:
State politicos will equally highjack this one and turn it to thugs

Of all positivities u could point all, U decided to go for the only demerit of this policy

Train your mind bro or u can read more on the 7 laws of Nature

U have alot of work to do on u

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Sleekfingers: 3:32pm On Feb 20
TimeManager:

-kiss the truth!

You are right.

Things might be hard right now. But surely we will get there.

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Igbek76: 3:32pm On Feb 20
The Igbos and the south south people Tinubu is fighting for are his greatest critics......Wisdom is not cheap.

When Tinubu finally liberate all the south from the shackles of the north it will be clear to them that they have been foolish criticizing him all this while.

3 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by icedbreez(m): 3:33pm On Feb 20
handsomeyinka:
It's necessary to have a state police,Let's see how it goes.

Very necessary
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Chizy12345: 3:34pm On Feb 20
easy to create but salary how far
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by tefund(m): 3:34pm On Feb 20
SoNature:
The next should be a bill to close down the house of reps. It's totally needless. Whatever the house of reps does, the senate should do it. Nigeria should cut down the cost of governance.
Follow by the bill to make legislation a part time job,the country is broke we can't afford to keep dashing money to a few group of people who bring nothing to the table .

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by dealslip(f): 3:34pm On Feb 20
reiddecuti:
We need to embrace our fear and deliberately implement polices that will help make this country workable.
You are a realist sir/ma

2 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Tzar(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20
I pray this bill will not be sabotaged again.

2 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by tnerro1(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20
Imagine what Sim will do to Wike with State Police 😁😁
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by SoNature(m): 3:35pm On Feb 20
Btruth:
Oya now.......follow by states own electricity generations and others. State should control the resources too.

Let's go abeg.

This has already been sorted. The licenses of current discos have expired and they have to renew it. The whole thing is just complicated now because Gencos and Discos owe banks billions of naira.

I think the best bet is for the state governments to issue licenses to companies that have the capacity to generate, transmit and distribute power district by district in every state using the natural resource of the state.

2 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by Sleekfingers: 3:36pm On Feb 20
handsomeyinka:
It's necessary to have a state police,Let's see how it goes.

It will work in the South.

I don't think it will work in the North. The major security problem of this country is the North.

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by bentenny(m): 3:36pm On Feb 20
Establishing state policing without ensuring it's independence or not taking away the control of the state governor on the police will only lead to more complications and possibly more problems than solution!

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by AllenSpencer: 3:37pm On Feb 20
I just hope we getting it right

Politicians are going to exploit move.

States would now have demigods!

But to great extent, the FG wil be relieved of security issues. People will have to face their respective governors

1 Like

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by dealslip(f): 3:38pm On Feb 20
TruthsFM:
Good one from them. Besides it’s restructuring Nigerians want
Restructuring is entering through the back gate little by little. Even the North will eventually see the benefit of restructuring as they are the most challenged security wise in Nigeria. They will benefit most

2 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by tefund(m): 3:38pm On Feb 20
atobs4real:
What people have been clamoring for.
Na now una eye open
Because e don de reach them small small..
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by tunjilana: 3:38pm On Feb 20
SoNature:
The next should be a bill to close down the house of reps. It's totally needless. Whatever the house of reps does, the senate should do it. Nigeria should cut down the cost of governance.

It is actually the senate that should be closed...the house of rep is closer to the people than the senate

2 Likes

Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by SoNature(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20
tefund:
Follow by the bill to make legislation a part time job,the country is broke we can't afford to keep dashing money to a few group of people who bring nothing to the table .

They won't even agree to dissolve the House of Reps. Those who serve in public service (politicians and civil servants) are just there to steal from the country. No love for country whatsoever.
Re: State Police: House Of Representatives Passes Bill For Second Reading by COMPAQ(m): 3:39pm On Feb 20
Kenochi:
I want to start by commending our House of Reps for taking the bull by the horn,Democracy is a responsive type of government,the government listens to the people and act based on the feedback
The people have been clamouring for state police,the State Governors are just figureheads and can't act to defend their people
States where bandits, kidnappers and ritualists are having a field day will begin to know that the people are ready to defend their terroritites using what is available to them
I am not saying that everything will be perfect but this is one step in the right direction,all policing is local and nothing stops states from having inter state exchange of personnel and intelligence
Our police force is already stretched thin,and the truth is locals don't trust the police to defend them

I encourage the House of Reps to go the whole hog and look at the structure of financing in present day Nigeria,the Federal Government collects too much money and as far as I am concerned do very little
Let the people's house look at reducing the funds at the central and give more money to the Local Governments,this are the closest governments to the people and they must begin to act as the Engine room for reforms and Economic growths
If we get it right at the Local Governments,we will begin to see wealth at lower end of the pyramid and remove more people from endemic poverty

Does the state government currently do much for you in terms of roads, education, healthcare, environment? They are probably more irresponsible than the FG, but you think they can manage electricity and police? Not to talk of the mayhem that could be unleashed during elections? i hope we wont create a bigger problem. At least the Federal Police is always paid. Wait till a State police who hold guns are not paid, and i hope we wont regret this. Most states IGR cant even pay the salaries of the state civil service.

For me to support state police, there need to be very stringent rules in place. For me I would say that a for a state to be allowed to have state police, its IGR must be able to cover its salaries, pensions, wages and overheads.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okada Riders Leave Festac Town Enmass To North? / Oshiomole: Atiku Can’t Manage His Household; Preach Unity In Nigeria / Cameroon Kills 180 Boko Haram Insurgents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.